2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Rife Island Series Putters

MOJO14

I was on the Guerin Rife website this morning and they are now taking orders for their Island Series putters. They have 3 models available at $179.85. I am sure orders for the first shipment are going fast.

http://www.guerinrife.com/

ANTIGUA

Tradition meets innovation in designer Guerin Rife’s interpretation of the classic Anser style putter introduced originally back in the 1960’s. As part of what is being called the Island Series line for 2007, the new “Antigua” features Rife’s trademark vertical alignment notch and patented RollGroove face technology that produces a quicker roll and a softer feel. The Antigua also features a long elegant slant hosel creating a full shaft offset and slight toe down balance. As with all Rife putters the Antigua is 100% milled and made of mild 304 stainless steel. Due to high demand created by Golf Magazine and PGA Tour success, we are accepting pre-books of our new Island Series putters, anticipated shipping to begin February 15, 2007. Your credit card will NOT be billed until your putter actually ships. For February 15, 2007, ship date, order now. Limited Supply!

Available Lengths: 34" to 35" (right handed)

Grip: Rife Custom Winn - Pistol and Midsize

Shaft: FM Precision Straight Taper

Offset: One Shaft

Head Weight: 345 grams

Swing Weights: 34"= D9, 35"= E5

Material: CNC milled 304 Stainless Steel

BARBADOS

Like all putters from Rife the Barbados is Tour driven. Since its introduction on the PGA Tour late 2006 this oversized mallet putter has found its way into the bag of three of the top 50 players on the PGA Tour whom have enjoyed immediate success (winner of the 2006 Australian Masters). The Barbados is designed to have a pleasing shape wrapped around a three line center cavity section creating a strong alignment aid. By moving the mass to the outer edges of the putter, the Barbados is extremely stable. It also features both RollGroove and LieAline technologies. As with all Rife putters the Barbados is 100% milled and made of mild 304 stainless steel. Due to high demand created by Golf Magazine and PGA Tour success, we are accepting pre-books of our new Island Series putters, anticipated shipping to begin February 15, 2007. Your credit card will NOT be billed until your putter actually ships. For February 15, 2007, ship date, order now. Limited Supply!

MARTINIQUE

A new concept from putter designer Guerin Rife, the Martinique is five inches long with a large center cavity area pushing the weight to the extreme heel and toe for incredible stability. Its key design innovation features an inline shafting that promotes a square face to the target line at address. The shaft and the top edge of the face are identical in width and create a single line when the putter is squarely aligned behind the ball at address. This unique feature has already gained the attention of players on both the PGA and Champions Tours where it is already in play. The Matinique is 100% milled from mild 304 stainless steel features Rife’s trademark vertical alignment notch and patented RollGroove face technology for a quicker roll and softer feel. Due to high demand created by Golf Magazine and PGA Tour success, we are accepting pre-books of our new Island Series putters, anticipated shipping to begin February 15, 2007. Your credit card will NOT be billed until your putter actually ships. For February 15, 2007, ship date, order now. Limited Supply!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, I asked Rife if the brightly colored grips (specifically the lime green one) seen at the Sony Open would be available on the island series. They said no, the island series comes with a White/Blue grip. But they did say the new grips would be available on the website by the end of the month.

Those look sick! The Martinique is similar to Appleby's Zen but better looking.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Those look sick! The Martinique is similar to Appleby's Zen but better looking.

Hers's some better pics of the Martinique series I got back in November.

:cheesy:

-CHRIS-

:) :)

How does it play??? Feel??? Roll???

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Nice putter Chris!! I would like to try one of the rifes, to compare it to my YES!

I have both, in my opinion, there is no comparison. The Rife Aussie is better. Better looking, better feeling, better roll.

I'm not an Anser style putter guy so...why would it roll or feel better if they use the same tech and materials?

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

QUOTE(patrickw25 @ Jan 16 2007, 07:32 PM) *

Nice putter Chris!! I would like to try one of the rifes, to compare it to my YES!

I have both, in my opinion, there is no comparison. The Rife Aussie is better. Better looking, better feeling, better roll.

I'm not an Anser style putter guy so...why would it roll or feel better if they use the same tech and materials?

You're right as to the materials (303 stainless in the Aussie, 304 stainless in the Yes!), but the tech isn't exactly the same. The grooves are quite different.

I have the Aussie and the Tracy II. Here's how I would describe it: they both put a great roll on the ball (the grooves really seem to work), but I only seem to get the super tight roll with the Yes! on dead center putts. The Aussie gives a nice tight roll no matter where contact is made. And the Aussie just looks nicer (although I know that is really subjective, just seems like a higher end putter).

The Yes is softer, so if you like that you would like the Yes. The Aussie is a nice "clicky" kind of soft feel that gives fantastic feedback. It just has a perfect feel for me.

Keep in mind that this is all pretty subjective and just my opinion. But in my opinion the Aussie wins in a head to head battle.

But they both put a great roll on the ball. To all the putter groove naysayers out there, my eyes see a tighter roll. They may be lying to me, but that's what I see: a tight, ground-hugging roll.

Sorry Patrick. I didn't realize you were comparing Yes to Rife. Thought you were comparing Aussie to Martinique.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Thanks for that pointer.

Is it me, or do the dealer images of the Antiigua look different from those on the "putters" page?

Note the neck: Santa Fe style on the dealer page, mid/long slant style on the putters page.

Wow. Good catch. That Antigua with the Sante Fe style neck is sick. Wish that was the one being released.

I know that Justin Rose is playing the Barbados and he has been putting his a** off since last november. He's cureently in 1st place @Hope Classic. I'm sure I'll get my hands on one when they become available

The Barbado's we saw at the Sony was definitely a nice putter. Rife really has done some great work on their new putters. They've strayed away from the original designs with the Two Bars, but I like the new look on them.

For those who may have missed them in the hundreds of photo's we had posted...here are the Rife Putters. Some not shown on ther RIFE PUTTERS.COM website

2 Bar Scarab.........only in Proto at the moment

Martinique and Antiqua...straight necks (midslant style)

Cayman....coming soon

Barbados.....regular and belly

Now I'm liking the Martinique with the slant neck better than the Antigua!

Does anyone know if Guerin Rife flexible enough that they would allow a customer to purchase one type of putter with a different neck style?

I'm not positive but after speaking with the Tour Rep and hearing of the difficulties he goes through to get certain styles of putters made to attempt to have them put in some of the PGA Players hands, I don't think you'll be able to get anything but what they have on retail sale.

After the PGA show, I believe you'll see all the new styles and options updated on the Rife website. After seeing some of the new offerings, I think they'll have a pretty good 2007. :drinks:

Did that guy on the Big Break use than Rife Scarab?

Anyone else think the Rife Cayman looks like a Circa 62 #3? I want one of those.

I love the Caymen's looks..especially the addition of the sound slot.

* Before anyone jumps on this....it looks like a Mills. :drinks:

Love the Cayman, look forward to selling a bunch of these great looking putters.

Do you guys want to pay full retail price for these things?

No, I would like a golfwrx discount please:) :drinks: I also love the Caymen, great looking putter

Rich

If you don't call or email, you will pay too much.

DiscountDansGolfcom  Highlands Golf Club
DiscountDansGolf.com

Highlands Golf Club
Gearhart, Oregon
1-877-738-5248
[email protected]

Pitbull,

Do you know if the centershafted Barbados belly will be offerd at retail?

Many thanks,

Jim

I'm not positive buy I'm pretty sure they'll be releasing it. Let me work on this and I'll get back to you on it.

I think they are missing the boat by not releasing the Cayman instead of either the Mart or the Antiq. Honestly I was hoping they wouldn't release the Cayman at all because it will bring down the value of the tour edition.

Huh? "Miss the boat by not releasing it.......hoping they wouldn't release it." ??

Pitbull,

Do you know if the centershafted Barbados belly will be offerd at retail?

Many thanks,

Jim

I'm not positive buy I'm pretty sure they'll be releasing it. Let me work on this and I'll get back to you on it.

I think they are missing the boat by not releasing the Cayman instead of either the Mart or the Antiq. Honestly I was hoping they wouldn't release the Cayman at all because it will bring down the value of the tour edition.

Huh? "Miss the boat by not releasing it.......hoping they wouldn't release it." ??

Exactly, you have it correct. I have a tour issued edition so if they don't release it the value is higher. People seem to love it so much that them not releasing seems like leaving monry on the table. I hope that makes it clearer for you.