2013 Masters app

Mainlinegolfer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='blwallace5' timestamp='1365182202' post='6768527']
[quote name='c7015' timestamp='1365181562' post='6768445']
Anyway on Topic , I downloaded the app thanks for the people providing actually feedback on its worthiness ... there are a lot of s*** apps out there its nice to get real reviews of how people like it ... going to have to check out the watch espn app too since I am a cable cutter
[/quote]
You can use WatchEspn on Xbox if you have a gold subscription, but WatchEspn.com requires you to login with a username and password provided by your cable provider. If you don't pay for cable they don't give you access to any of the good stuff. Long story short, you might not get masters coverage without a cable tv account.
[/quote]

and to top it off they don't want to let you download the app in Canada ... looks like I will be going up to the cottage masters weekend

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

[quote name='c7015' timestamp='1365182920' post='6768613']
Anyway on Topic , I downloaded the app thanks for the people providing actually feedback on its worthiness ... there are a lot of s*** apps out there its nice to get real reviews of how people like it ... going to have to check out the watch espn app too since I am a cable cutter
[/quote]
You can use WatchEspn on Xbox if you have a gold subscription, but WatchEspn.com requires you to login with a username and password provided by your cable provider. If you don't pay for cable they don't give you access to any of the good stuff. Long story short, you might not get masters coverage without a cable tv account.
[/quote]

and to top it off they don't want to let you download the app in Canada ... looks like I will be going up to the cottage masters weekend
[/quote]

One of us probably should have mentioned that the video streams are for US residents only. That would have been a handy piece of info to provide.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

My fellow Canadians, do not fret any longer. The TSN Masters app is for us and works great. I've used it the last two years to watch while at work. I've used it on my iPad and iPhone. Not sure if it's available for android though.

[quote name='MountainKing' timestamp='1365179813' post='6768249']
And for being helpful for those who would like to know what it does, here's the Android description that took me all of 2 seconds to find, copy and paste:

[b] Description[/b]

[color=#666666][size=3]This is a FREE android app created for all of you who love golf and golf tournaments.
The Masters 2013 Golf News Pro app features:
- HOT News & Rumors (live updated)
- Everything about golf from ESPN Golf (results, news, videos, schedule and more)
- Videos about The Masters 2013
- Official site of the Masters Golf Tournament ( Apr 11-14 Masters - Augusta, USA)
- Official Twitter feed and Facebook page incorporated
- And More!
Grab your copy today![/size][/color]
[/quote]

That proves my point. I said the app was available and would probably take 5 seconds to find and download. You said it took you 2 seconds to "find, copy and paste". So, add 3 more seconds to download and everyone could have accomplished what I intended as a useful quick bit of information-- downloading and evaluating the Masters app...and in only 5 seconds.

People didn't like it that I said "no, do it yourself". Had you done that in the first place (in 5 seconds), you wouldn't be whining that I didn't do it for you. It would have saved all of us the needless posting complaining/responding about my well-intended bit of info. Why not simply download the app first, and then discuss what it offers and whether you enjoy it.? don't have an opinion anyway because the Masters hasn't even started yet. Sorry for pushing back (not really), but I thought it would be a good lesson that people ought to be able to handle some difficult things themselves, like visiting an app store and downloading a free app that they might enjoy (and if not, simply delete it).

I've seen this same mentality in the rules and equipment forums as well. Fine, ask for opinions and discuss the merits and deficiencies of the rules and equipment. However, before you ask for opinions, be informed and get the FACTS; they are readily available, for example, on the USGA website, the Titleist or Mizuno website, or in this case the local app store. If people get the facts first, the discussions are a bit more intelligent and we avoid the "blind leading the blind".

I've been on various golf forums longer than most. Sometimes I have the time and desire to research and post lengthy items; sometimes, as in this case, it's just a quick tidbit. Why is there an expectation that other people should look up the answer to your question for you, whether it is trivial like this app or something more complex about the rules, and then post the answer for you? You could have just as easily done it yourself, This feeling of entitlement strikes me as rude and inconsiderate of other Golfwrx members' time, in this case, mine, especially when I simply did a favor in the first place.

The Masters app post was admittedly trivial, but it served as an opportunity to write about a larger issue-- that some things can be done faster and better by doing it yourself and not imposing (or expecting) others to do it for you. As with a father spanking his child, it may hurt him (or me) more than the child, but it was nevertheless a useful lesson. Carry on and be as snarky as you wish, I don't need the bitching or moaning or have the time to deal with this type of complaining when I do take the time post.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Get the TSN Masters app. It has all the videos that ESPN and the Masters.com app have. They still have the two featured groups, 15/16, and amen corner.

I don't have TV, I've just been streaming golf daily online. I still watch golf thursday through friday on Golf Channel, NBC, CBS, etc. You just have to find streams online, and not mind the reduced quality. Fortunately I order TV for this week. I need the Masters in HD!! I'll promptly cancel it after the PGA. 34.95 through Shaw plus $10 sports package (golf channel). They bumped the $34.95 to $19.95 for 3 months... and waived the $10 sports package for 3 months as well. So $20 a month to watch the Majors. Worth it IMO.

[quote name='Mainlinegolfer' timestamp='1365191094' post='6769475']
That proves my point. I said the app was available and would probably take 5 seconds to find and download. You said it took you 2 seconds to "find, copy and paste". So, add 3 more seconds to download and everyone could have accomplished what I intended as a useful quick bit of information-- downloading and evaluating the Masters app...and in only 5 seconds.

People didn't like it that I said "no, do it yourself". Had you done that in the first place (in 5 seconds), you wouldn't be whining that I didn't do it for you. It would have saved all of us the needless posting complaining/responding about my well-intended bit of info. Why not simply download the app first, and then discuss what it offers and whether you enjoy it.? don't have an opinion anyway because the Masters hasn't even started yet. Sorry for pushing back (not really), but I thought it would be a good lesson that people ought to be able to handle some difficult things themselves, like visiting an app store and downloading a free app that they might enjoy (and if not, simply delete it).

I've seen this same mentality in the rules and equipment forums as well. Fine, ask for opinions and discuss the merits and deficiencies of the rules and equipment. However, before you ask for opinions, be informed and get the FACTS; they are readily available, for example, on the USGA website, the Titleist or Mizuno website, or in this case the local app store. If people get the facts first, the discussions are a bit more intelligent and we avoid the "blind leading the blind".

I've been on various golf forums longer than most. Sometimes I have the time and desire to research and post lengthy items; sometimes, as in this case, it's a quick tidbit. Why is there an expectation that other people should look up the answer to your question for you, whether it is trivial like this app or something more complex about the rules, and then post the answer for you? Your could have just as easily done it yourself, This feeling of entitlement strikes me as rude and inconsiderate of other Golfwrx members' time, in this case, mine, especially when I simply did you a favor in the first place.

The Masters app post was admittedly trivial, but it served as an opportunity to write about a larger issue-- that some things can be done faster and better by doing it yourself and not imposing (or expecting) on others to do it for you. As with a father spanking his child, it may hurt him (me) more than the child, but it was never the less a useful lesson. Carry on and be as snarky as you wish, I don't need the bitching or moaning or have the time to deal with this type of complaining when I do take the time post an FYI.
[/quote]

Didn't read a single word, but lets place over/under bets on age of OP.

I got $20 on under. :rofl:

Yeah I didn't read a word of that either and I'd be willing to be you're correct. But he's put more time into being an total a** when it would have taken him all of a few seconds to answer a question and move on.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

This App is so :censored2:[size=4] good!!! I don't know what cameras they use to shoot still photos and video but they are way better quality than anything else that I currently see on the net or TV. [/size]

[size=4]I spent about an hour last night going through the photo's and videos on the app. It's really cool to see how the course has changed, look at the players gear and even the spectators. Cannot wait for the range video to start soon. [/size]

[quote name='Mainlinegolfer' timestamp='1365191094' post='6769475']
[quote name='MountainKing' timestamp='1365179813' post='6768249']
And for being helpful for those who would like to know what it does, here's the Android description that took me all of 2 seconds to find, copy and paste:

[b] Description[/b]

[color=#666666][size=3]This is a FREE android app created for all of you who love golf and golf tournaments.
The Masters 2013 Golf News Pro app features:
- HOT News & Rumors (live updated)
- Everything about golf from ESPN Golf (results, news, videos, schedule and more)
- Videos about The Masters 2013
- Official site of the Masters Golf Tournament ( Apr 11-14 Masters - Augusta, USA)
- Official Twitter feed and Facebook page incorporated
- And More!
Grab your copy today![/size][/color]
[/quote]

I've been on various golf forums longer than most. Sometimes I have the time and desire to research and post lengthy items; sometimes, as in this case, it's just a quick tidbit. Why is there an expectation that other people should look up the answer to your question for you, whether it is trivial like this app or something more complex about the rules, and then post the answer for you? You could have just as easily done it yourself, This feeling of entitlement strikes me as rude and inconsiderate of other Golfwrx members' time, in this case, mine, especially when I simply did a favor in the first place.

The Masters app post was admittedly trivial, but it served as an opportunity to write about a larger issue-- that some things can be done faster and better by doing it yourself and not imposing (or expecting) others to do it for you. As with a father spanking his child, it may hurt him (or me) more than the child, but it was nevertheless a useful lesson. Carry on and be as snarky as you wish, I don't need the bitching or moaning or have the time to deal with this type of complaining when I do take the time post.
[/quote]

You took the time to write this, and several other posts unloading on anyone who asked a simple question? Looks like the real purpose of the thread was you.

The app is fantastic, and the Augusta Chronicle Masters app is really good. I don't know how to provide a link, but if you ask I won't bite your head off and go on and on about how great I am doing you a favor.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1365175699' post='6767755']
Master's coverage is better than any coverage in any sport, period. I generally have the Ipad, TV and computer all going at once.
[/quote]

What a load of crud. A jazzy website and an ipad app doesn't make up for the fact that there's only four hours of proper TV coverage a day. For The Open Championship we get 12 hours of coverage every day and in the UK that's without a single advert.

[quote name='canucker' timestamp='1365553911' post='6796791']
Big screw you to TSN, the canadian rights holder for no Android app. Masters.com has one (but its video streaming is geoblocked), so those of us in Canada and with android cant watch the streaming properly (if youre device is fast enough you could try the flash video on tsn.ca, but still.... tsn sucks)
[/quote]

just order a month of vpn service and change your location to usa ... for 8$ you will find it worth it ... let me know if you want more details ...

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

[quote name='Ajit' timestamp='1365555087' post='6796935']
Master's coverage is better than any coverage in any sport, period. I generally have the Ipad, TV and computer all going at once.
[/quote]

What a load of crud. A jazzy website and an ipad app doesn't make up for the fact that there's only four hours of proper TV coverage a day. [b]For The Open Championship we get 12 hours of coverage every day and in the UK that's without a single advert.[/b]
[/quote]

Not in the states.

But the Masters app and website we get nine hours of coverage per day, coverage of the par 3 tournament, hours of range coverage every day, two marquee group coverage per day, two different three hole and two hole full coverage of all players per day. Then there's the TV coverage.

[quote name='Frankensteins Monster' timestamp='1365604729' post='6800255']
[/quote]

What a load of crud. A jazzy website and an ipad app doesn't make up for the fact that there's only four hours of proper TV coverage a day. [b]For The Open Championship we get 12 hours of coverage every day and in the UK that's without a single advert.[/b]
[/quote]

Not in the states.

But the Masters app and website we get nine hours of coverage per day, coverage of the par 3 tournament, hours of range coverage every day, two marquee group coverage per day, two different three hole and two hole full coverage of all players per day. Then there's the TV coverage.
[/quote]

I take your point but for example tomorrow we're only going to see a handful of holes from the likes of Tiger, Bubba, Westwood, Snedeker and Donald. Don't see how anyone can say how great the coverage is while such a state of affairs persists. Like I say at The Open Championship full television coverage starts when opening groups tee off and finishes when the final groups finish. That's the standard.

[quote name='Ajit' timestamp='1365607153' post='6800609']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not in the states.

[/quote]

I take your point but for example tomorrow we're only going to see a handful of holes from the likes of Tiger, Bubba, Westwood, Snedeker and Donald. Don't see how anyone can say how great the coverage is while such a state of affairs persists. Like I say at The Open Championship full television coverage starts when opening groups tee off and finishes when the final groups finish. That's the standard.
[/quote]

I will take the quality of the Masters coverage over the quantity of the US Open or Brit Open coverage any day. Masters website and App has been the standard setter the last few years in regards to viewing options.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1365608866' post='6800941']

[/quote]

Not in the states.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will take the quality of the Masters coverage over the quantity of the US Open or Brit Open coverage any day. Masters website and App has been the standard setter the last few years in regards to viewing options.
[/quote]

That's because you're easily impressed by snazzy graphics.

Please tell me what option you intend to use to watch your boy Tiger tomorrow. You might get five holes, if you're lucky

No website or App makes up for full TV coverage.

[quote name='Ajit' timestamp='1365609314' post='6801017']

Not in the states.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please tell me what option you intend to use to watch your boy Tiger tomorrow. You might get five holes, if you're lucky

[/quote]

I don't get full coverage both days of the golfers I like when I watch the British Open.

[quote name='Frankensteins Monster' timestamp='1365607261' post='6800625']
That's because of the poor decision of the marquee group selection. That's a black eye. It was last year also.
[/quote]

Even if they picked Tiger's group it would still be a poor substitute for showing all of the morning golf. Someone could go out and shoot 62 tomorrow morning and we'd see next to nothing of it.

[quote name='Ajit' timestamp='1365609688' post='6801141']
[quote name='Frankensteins Monster' timestamp='1365607261' post='6800625']
That's because of the poor decision of the marquee group selection. That's a black eye. It was last year also.
[/quote]

Even if they picked Tiger's group it would still be a poor substitute for showing all of the morning golf. Someone could go out and shoot 62 tomorrow morning and we'd see next to nothing of it.
[/quote]

And? It happens with the British Open also. I don't see 18 holes on Thursday and Friday watching the British Open.

[quote name='Frankensteins Monster' timestamp='1365609649' post='6801113']
[quote name='Ajit' timestamp='1365609314' post='6801017']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't get full coverage both days of the golfers I like when I watch the British Open.
[/quote]

When it starts I will send you a link to the BBC coverage and you'll be able to watch whoever you want :partytime2::drinks:

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1365610297' post='6801277']
[quote name='Ajit' timestamp='1365609973' post='6801211']
When it starts I will send you a link to the BBC coverage and you'll be able to watch whoever you want :partytime2::drinks:
[/quote]

You are right- the USA sucks!!! There I said it, now we can move on.
[/quote]

Yeah because that's obviously my point.