Circle T's to be released to proshops?

tony Q

You guys are all great :D I hate arguing with people but as of right now there are only four distributors of Scotty Cameron Tour putters. The definition of a Tour putter is "a putter that is made for the Tour" so unless Tour players are going to start paying for their equipment (that will never happen) and shopping in pro shops I'm not really to worried about it. Either way the Tour putter I have stamps and all is pretty unique and could care less if I lost every penny I paid for it. IMO if you should buy what you like and makes you happy. If it appreciated in value that's great if not no big deal either. If Scotty opens the market with putters stamped with the CT stamp that will be available on OTR putters that's great for the guys who aren't willing to spend allot on a putter..it will never be a Tour putter. All it will be is a OTR with a CT stamp.

Jimmy

Jimmy -

Laudably, you are taking the high-road. :drinks: That is one of the nicest and rarest Camerons out there.

For the sake of civil discusssion, don't you think there would be a virtual SH!TSTORM among the Cameron collecting community if the if the flagship mark, the CT stamp, was plastered on OTR stuff? Scotty is too smart for that.

My prediction: The dramatic expansion of the stamps offered by Scotty's Custom Shop and the masses will go nuts with the rollout of the "Pimp Your Putter" campaign (already been Trademarked by Acushnet). CT reserved for the flagship Tour putters

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scottys bring high dollars because its a controlled market. What you are proposing would hurt his product and image. Look at the Hogan Betinardis that now go for $80-$100 now. They first sold for $250-300. If Titleist did that, then it would a monumental blunder.

You have to pay to play. It really isn't a question of demand.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Scotty's first test of value will happen if/when Tiger switches putters.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

You guys are all great :D I hate arguing with people but as of right now there are only four distributors of Scotty Cameron Tour putters. The definition of a Tour putter is "a putter that is made for the Tour" so unless Tour players are going to start paying for their equipment (that will never happen) and shopping in pro shops I'm not really to worried about it. Either way the Tour putter I have stamps and all is pretty unique and could care less if I lost every penny I paid for it. IMO if you should buy what you like and makes you happy. If it appreciated in value that's great if not no big deal either. If Scotty opens the market with putters stamped with the CT stamp that will be available on OTR putters that's great for the guys who aren't willing to spend allot on a putter..it will never be a Tour putter. All it will be is a OTR with a CT stamp.

Jimmy

Jimmy -

Laudably, you are taking the high-road. :drinks: That is one of the nicest and rarest Camerons out there.

For the sake of civil discusssion, don't you think there would be a virtual SH!TSTORM among the Cameron collecting community if the if the flagship mark, the CT stamp, was plastered on OTR stuff? Scotty is too smart for that.

My prediction: The dramatic expansion of the stamps offered by Scotty's Custom Shop and the masses will go nuts with the rollout of the "Pimp Your Putter" campaign (already been Trademarked by Acushnet). CT reserved for the flagship Tour putters

Thanks for the comment Drewspin. :drinks:

Of course it would...there are some hard core collectors out there that I'm sure would go ballistic.I know Scotty appreciates loyalty...and as you can see he does have a following and his supporters mean allot to him so I really do not see him putting a CT stamp on a OTR putter ever. Scotty Cameron is a genius IMO or whoever is doing his marketing. I'd say it's almost illegal the way he controls his market.

Titleist is a premium product for Premium players. They will not devalue their line that far. They may make it more available but, they certainly won't make it easily attainable. Besides the mythical 303 GSS, the materials are the same though the source is "classified."

Titleist has shareholders to answer to...not collectors. They will do whatever boosts earnings. If they can charge $600 for a putter that probably costs $50 to make, market and distribute - you can bet your butt they will try.

Thet are available to the public, just from one of four distributors. ALL of them will take an order, or sell one that is in stock. I would be VERY surprised if they made it into proshops...You will sooner see the stamp in the custom shop, and that won't happen, in my opinion...

Actually none of them take orders anymore. They stopped that last June and according to Scotty that option will never be available again. There is no way in hell he'd release circle T putters to the retail market. Might as well stab his best customers in the back by ruining the values of their collections.

:drinks:

Sweet stick Jimmy...Tell them , it's more than stamping....

Mike

Mike... they all know that already :D I remember when I said to myself these guys are all crazy spending thousands on a putter. When this putter arrived at my home and I had it in my hands it made me feel great. Mike I really can't thank you enough and how I appreciate this piece of art...thanks again for giving me the opportunity to own it :drinks:

Jimmy

Titleist has shareholders to answer to...not collectors. They will do whatever boosts earnings. If they can charge $600 for a putter that probably costs $50 to make, market and distribute - you can bet your butt they will try.

That was my first thought too. Titleist will do whatever makes their stock rise, but the way Scotty controlls his supply/demand/collectors has a whole lot of value too. who knows??

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

Thet are available to the public, just from one of four distributors. ALL of them will take an order, or sell one that is in stock. I would be VERY surprised if they made it into proshops...You will sooner see the stamp in the custom shop, and that won't happen, in my opinion...

Actually none of them take orders anymore. They stopped that last June and according to Scotty that option will never be available again. There is no way in hell he'd release circle T putters to the retail market. Might as well stab his best customers in the back by ruining the values of their collections.

What coachstop meant was you can Request a putter with everything your looking for. If and when it comes in you will be contacted and you can either pass or take it.

Here's the end of the thread in plain and simple terms.

CT is "TOUR ONLY" and if it were brought to retail, it would not be a CT.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Is it tour only unless we sell it to the favoured suppliers who sell on to the general public. So is the CT tour and favoured sellers only??

Thanks for that question. You've exposed a loop-hole in my argument :drinks:

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

If you want to be fit by Cameron, you can always pay the 10k to do it at TPI with Bob Vokey and Bobka as well. Even then, you may not get a Circle T putter.

Fortune Brands is a huge company and the % of customers who would buy vs who is screwed is too small in the Fortune Brands world. It would be big in the putter/Cameron World though.

The realities that those who want, can get them off ebay in the 500-700 range. Might be beat up or non-350g but, if you want that, then you can get that too by spending a couple of grand with the regular distributors.

With the Internet, you don't need Brick and Mortar overhead and why would you want that?

BST AD Help

Does Cameron currently profit from the sales of circle T putters, though? It was my understanding the putters are made exclusively for tour players which are then either sold or given away by those players. Once the putter is out of Cameron's hands he doesn't profit when a friend of some tour player sells a circle T on ebay for $2,000.

Perhaps this is a way for Cameron to get himself a nice cut of the absurd profits for these putters.

Totally agree with you. I would only add that Titleist also wants their part in the cut...

The only reason for the huge prices is the limited quantity of the putters... maybe they have done their homework and there is a point in between where they don´t kill the Collectors Market and their revenue increases by several million dollars...$$$ :) $$$

Ping G430 MAX 10.5º. GD Tour AD IZ 6S

PXG 0311 XF GEN6 #4 & #7. UST Proforce V2 6F4

Maltby KE4 Tour RS 22º. FST Pro 115S

Maltby TE+ Forged 25º ~ 45º. FST Pro 115S

Maltby TSW Forged 50º, 55º & 60º. FST Pro 115S

EVNROLL ER5 CS Hatchback

It's really simple.

If it was available retail, no matter what the cost, it would be less desirable. It's the fact that most of the CT putters are not only expensive, but they are generally unattainable.

If people can't get it, they want it...... bad. That's the genious of the marketing.

If CT putters were available at just any retail store, people would lose interest. Heck, most people have never even SEEN a CT putter, and that's the reason they are so desirable. It's so simple.

Cameron is well aware of this, and IMO he will NEVER ever sell CT putters at retail outlets on a large scale. It's all about brnad recognition, and the aura of "the art of putting" if you will. The marketing people who have helped him have done an amazing job creating his brand, and at this point it's almost impossible for anyone to threaten that brand.

IMHO the Circle T stamp is misleading in any case. 'Made for the Tour' and 'Tour' are different things completely. A Tour putter is one that has been supplied to a Tour player.

Otherwise is no different from TaylorMade's TP range.

Of course Cameron isn't the only one who fudges this. Bettinardi also has Tour stamped models that have never been anywhere near a pro event.

Mavrik Fuji Pro

G410/Epic Flash/Fli Hi Hybrids/woods
PXG Gen3 irons
Cleveland wedges
Odyssey Rossie OG 

Wake up people. Scotty already sells CT putters through a few select distributors. These distributors are also invoiced for the putter at a much higher price than the typical retail Cameron putter.

Unless the putter was stamped with a tour player's initials, putters made for a tour player and putters with tour stampings sold to a collector are pretty much indistinguishable. And even then, you could take a collector putter, send it to the studio and have it stamped with whatever initials you want, so in the end that putter is not distinguishable either.

Prices are high because of lower supply, that is true, but there is also a lot of market manipulation in that price too.