2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Circle T's to be released to proshops?

tony Q

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with the amount of CT's on ebay and websites like this, arent they basically released to the public already? Scotty cameron has no problem charging $300 for a regular putter, i have a feeling he wont mind charging $1000+ for a circle T. the average circle t is not as desirable as it once was, most guys are looking for collectors edition, 009's, or other rare finish and stamped putters. there is so much stuff out there right now that a circle t looks boring.

i just wish he would offer 340 and 350 heads more readily to the average joe. i don't want to pay $500+ for a 350 gram newport beach.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

Scotty will never OK his CTs hitting retail. He knows better than anyone what it will to do the collectibility of his putters.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

I don't believe every pro shop would get them because of supply,demand and collectibility issues.

But, once Scotty opened up the CT logo'd items to club cameron members, anyone with a Titliest account could get CT items to sell. I'm sure some were connected enough to order via Titleist as well. Maybe the "channel" will widen.

Obviously Scotty has a clause for distribution of his "Tour" Putters to the public and makes you wonder at what point Titelist weighs in.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

how do you get your hands on a scotty cameron proto or circle t putter without paying the earth to schemers on Ebay etc.

i enquired with scotty shop to see if i could purchase & personalise a putter but they told me i would have to buy the run of a mill Newport then send it to the shop to get initialled!

any info would help!

thanks

how are we so sure he won't sell CTs to shops? Sounds like a natural progression. At some point he'll feel the pinch to jump the shark. He's already got the collectors money, so it's time to move on to bigger retail dollars. --I really dont know anything do I--

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

Does Cameron currently profit from the sales of circle T putters, though? It was my understanding the putters are made exclusively for tour players which are then either sold or given away by those players. Once the putter is out of Cameron's hands he doesn't profit when a friend of some tour player sells a circle T on ebay for $2,000.

Perhaps this is a way for Cameron to get himself a nice cut of the absurd profits for these putters.

The vast majority of the ct putters are made to sell to collectors. If there is a big market for $2000 putters that are essentially $300 putters with some stampings and a "rare" finish it makes sense for Scotty to make it as available as necessary. Perhaps as a "Tour players" or "Tour approved" type model so as to not upset the collectors who have sunk big money into the CT brand.

how do you get your hands on a scotty cameron proto or circle t putter without paying the earth to schemers on Ebay etc.

i enquired with scotty shop to see if i could purchase & personalise a putter but they told me i would have to buy the run of a mill Newport then send it to the shop to get initialled!

any info would help!

thanks

See the Scotty Cameron FAQ which is a sticky in the main putters forum for retail sales of the Tour Issue and limited edition camerons

LOOK HERE

There are "authorized" Tour Putter Distributors. Those prices are set by Scotty. The secondary market is dependant upon the top level prices being consistent. Supply and demand is somewhat controlled. I think Scotty said a few years ago that at least a thousand "tour" putters are made each year.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

any info would help!

thanks

See the Scotty Cameron FAQ which is a sticky in the main putters forum

LOOK HERE

There are "authorized" Tour Putter Distributors. Those prices are set by Scotty. The secondary market is dependant upon the top level prices being consistent. Supply and demand is somewhat controlled. I think Scotty said a few years ago that at least a thousand "tour" putters are made each year.

thanks guys,

appreciate the info.

its the same old story though, SC cannot be held responsible for players etc who pass the circle t's around then end up being sold on for extreme amounts of money!!

fingers crossed SC sees the light & knows he can get a better cut of the market even if he issues putters at $500 instead of $2000 on ebay etc!

FPG

My guess is that Scotty's accoutants/finance department has the price point all figured out for what's best long term and he'll do whatever will bring in the most money. If that's keep his high-end stuff in the thousands than that's where they'll stay, or if the money is in releasing CTs to retail then they will come to retail.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

I can gurantee you will not see a putter like this in any Pro Shop. If you do PM me I'd like to get another :drinks:

You mean other than the stamping, right? Otherwise, it's a FaxDay.

Taylormade 16' M2 9.5º (Tensei 60 Orange R)

Taylormade 17' M1 HL3 17º (Kuro Kage 70 S)

Titleist 910H 21º and 24º (Stock Diamana Kai'li R)

Srixon 745 5-PW (TT DG Lite S300)

Titleist Vokey SM4 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.09S

Titleist SC PP Del Mar 3.5

Royal M Taper 360's

thanks guys,

appreciate the info.

its the same old story though, SC cannot be held responsible for players etc who pass the circle t's around then end up being sold on for extreme amounts of money!!

fingers crossed SC sees the light & knows he can get a better cut of the market even if he issues putters at $500 instead of $2000 on ebay etc!

FPG

Cameron is the undisputed putter king of marketing. I think he knows EXACTLY what he's doing by limiting distribution of tour product to select retail outlets.

I really don't understand what Light he is supposed to see? The prices are high because the demand is high and the supply is low, intentionally so.

Elementary school economics.

Titleist is very punitive to players if they are caught selling putters on ebay etc. The percentage that probably comes from Nationwide Tour or via methods like that is probably much less than what comes from Japan via Seaside golf or US distributors.

BST AD Help

That's it, I'm selling all my Camerons.

Just kidding.

I would be very surprised if this actually happened, which I don't think it ever will.

However, I can see where Cameron may be coming from seeing as a lot of companies are coming out with higher end putters and they just want to stay on top of their game and still have the most exclusive putters.

ROGUE 10.5 // HZRDUS BLK
G410 17.5 // EVENFLOW BLK
TITLEIST U510 4 // HZRDUS
SRIXON Z765 // MODUS 3
FOURTEEN 50 56 60 // KBS
EDEL

I can gurantee you will not see a putter like this in any Pro Shop. If you do PM me I'd like to get another :D

You mean other than the stamping, right? Otherwise, it's a FaxDay.

Actually, that is a tour issue 350 gram (as opposed to 330gram) faxday proto w/ brushed oilcan finish and slightly more loft, no stamping on bumpers, other than that exactly the same :drinks: - not trying to be smart*ss, just I know Jimmy loves this one!

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

To add, the more putters on the market mean more money for the custom shop. If they sell base CT's with no stampings and charge additional fees the skies the limit. Charging $50 for a stamping that takes all of 2 minutes. The only thing that he is waying out is his credibility. If he sells 1000 putters @ $1500 or 100,000 putters @ $500 its easy math. I think that the resellers are in the same thought process. Sell 25 tour putters at $2000 or 500 putters at $500. Collectors will be the ones affected. If it happens hopefully he controls it. Numbered COA's and maybe a way to register them online so you could track ownership. Hopefully it works out!!

You guys are all great :drinks: I hate arguing with people but as of right now there are only four distributors of Scotty Cameron Tour putters. The definition of a Tour putter is "a putter that is made for the Tour" so unless Tour players are going to start paying for their equipment (that will never happen) and shopping in pro shops I'm not really to worried about it. Either way the Tour putter I have stamps and all is pretty unique and could care less if I lost every penny I paid for it. IMO if you should buy what you like and makes you happy. If it appreciated in value that's great if not no big deal either. If Scotty opens the market with putters stamped with the CT stamp that will be available on OTR putters that's great for the guys who aren't willing to spend allot on a putter..it will never be a Tour putter. All it will be is a OTR with a CT stamp.

Jimmy

Titleist is a premium product for Premium players. They will not devalue their line that far. They may make it more available but, they certainly won't make it easily attainable. Besides the mythical 303 GSS, the materials are the same though the source is "classified."

Well here's a question: why shouldn't Circle Ts be made more widely available? Isn't there more money to be made for Scotty and Titleist if they should allow this? Imagine: $230 for a standard Newport, $600 for a Circle T Newport, $50 - $200 for extra customization (extra weights, stampings, etc.), $100 for optional fitting, $45 extra for a COA. How can Scotty and Titleist not drool over such numbers? There are very few rich collectors compared to the number of people who love Titleist products who would be willing to spend the extra $ for a tour putter. The math there is pretty simple. The question is what would be the acceptable price point for a "retail" Circle T.

BST AD Help