LIVE CHAT / GIVEAWAY: True Temper on DG Pro, Thursday, July 18 at NOON ET

HipCheck

[quote name='jegg' timestamp='1373943722' post='7462392']
I have tried everything (retail) that has ever come out waiting for something to replace DG... It never happens. Being that this shaft is from TT and basically a tweaked version of what I always have played it's very interesting to me and can't wait to try them...

My question is do the longer iron shafts spin less since they launch higher? If you have figured out how to do this with the same DG consistency I love I'm in... Have tried all the competitors and they may spin less but nothing can replicate the feel and consistency I get with DG. If the longer irons fly higher, don't balloon and have the same feel/consistency I will switch.
Any of you guys that tried them have any thoughts? Thanks
[/quote]

[i]First of all, thank you for your interest and support of True Temper! Secondly, without getting too technical, it sounds like DG Pro will address exactly what you've been looking for as it relates to the long irons. Spin rates will actually increase slightly, but NOT create a balooning scenario. Max distance with optimized peak trajectory...Balooning is BAD :). All the best![/i]

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with all the serious questions looks like Greg has a sense of humor from the lefties question..... :to_become_senile:

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='B Jones' timestamp='1373945281' post='7462542']
i play the XP's currently and am looking for a shaft that is heavier. How will the PRO compare in performance, i.e. ball flight and spin, feel?
[/quote]

[i]If you're playing Dynalite Gold XP S300 flex then DG Pro S300 will fit perfectly...a few grams heavier with a higher ball flight in the long irons. Just remember that the short irons will be more piercing bringing a little more control into the equation. All the best! [/i]

WITB

I'm excited to try these. Thanks again for reaching out to us on WRX. If I were to try these, without buying an entire set right away... Should I try a 5 iron and say 9 iron?

Currently playing x100 SS and really have liked them... But as someone who always tinkers, I'm interested.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='Kellen' timestamp='1374164435' post='7482948']
Ive played the X100 for awhile but recently switched over to the Nippon SPB, (no offense, just a better fit for me). I like the launch, weight and playablity characteristics of the Nippon SPB X, how would you compare this shaft with the SP Blue? I prefer the lower launch, Is this shaft for me? Im definetly gonna try it, wont turn down the opportunity to test something from TT but I would just like to hear your opinions on how they compare.
[/quote]

With you preferring a lower launch, I would hesitate to pull your gamers. In the shorter irons I have no concerns that the DG Pro will be to your liking.

WITB

[quote name='pdaero' timestamp='1373945435' post='7462558']
What will the DG Pro bring to the iron shaft market that no shaft currently has, and what will its availability be? Thanks so much for your comments!
[/quote]

[i]DG Pro is the first of its kind...truly "progressive" in that the long irons are designed for maximum launch and peak trajectory and progressively lower, controlled mid/short irons. Availability is now through our PFC network with widespread distribution at the end of the year. All the best. [/i]

WITB

[quote name='TWshoot67' timestamp='1374165708' post='7483176']
Even with all the serious questions looks like Greg has a sense of humor from the lefties question..... :to_become_senile:
[/quote]

The only problem with that, is that it takes away time for him to answer legitimate questions. Some people here are asking about everything except the DG Pro Shafts. Seems like all they want is a free shaft fitting/consultation. just my 2 cents

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1374165787' post='7483194']
I'm excited to try these. Thanks again for reaching out to us on WRX. If I were to try these, without buying an entire set right away... Should I try a 5 iron and say 9 iron?

Currently playing x100 SS and really have liked them... But as someone who always tinkers, I'm interested.
[/quote]

Try it in a 3 or 4 iron and then a shorter iron so you get a true feel for the transition through the set.

WITB

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374161848' post='7482364']
[quote name='uscmex' timestamp='1373923447' post='7460210']
Can you explain the difference between the new DG Pro technology for flighted ball flights and the real differences and upgrades from other technology like KBC Ctaper and Rifle flighted technologies, all of which try to manipulate ball flight?
[/quote]

[i]DG Pro is literally the first of its kind to offer progressive diameter change and weight throughout the set. Please see our detailed overview of the technology at the top of the chat. All the best.[/i]
[/quote]

Diameter change meaning the butt diameter? Will we need different amounts of tape wraps throughout the set to get a consistent size?

[quote name='TrueTemper' timestamp='1374165927' post='7483220']
[quote name='Kellen' timestamp='1374164435' post='7482948']
Ive played the X100 for awhile but recently switched over to the Nippon SPB, (no offense, just a better fit for me). I like the launch, weight and playablity characteristics of the Nippon SPB X, how would you compare this shaft with the SP Blue? I prefer the lower launch, Is this shaft for me? Im definetly gonna try it, wont turn down the opportunity to test something from TT but I would just like to hear your opinions on how they compare.
[/quote]

With you preferring a lower launch, I would hesitate to pull your gamers. In the shorter irons I have no concerns that the DG Pro will be to your liking.
[/quote]

X100 in the 3,4,5 and the Pro in the 6-pw?

or X100 3-6 and Pro in 7-Pw

[quote name='balbowski' timestamp='1374166063' post='7483256']
Can you explain the difference between the new DG Pro technology for flighted ball flights and the real differences and upgrades from other technology like KBC Ctaper and Rifle flighted technologies, all of which try to manipulate ball flight?
[/quote]

[i]DG Pro is literally the first of its kind to offer progressive diameter change and weight throughout the set. Please see our detailed overview of the technology at the top of the chat. All the best.[/i]
[/quote]

Diameter change meaning the butt diameter? Will we need different amounts of tape wraps throughout the set to get a consistent size?
[/quote]

The starting butt diameter is .600. It is the diameter below the label landing area that changes so you souldn't need different amounts of tape wrap for consistent size.

WITB

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1374002311' post='7466918']
Different shaft profiles respond differently to different swings, generally speaking, is what people always say. How have you ensured that the varying butt to tip profiles within the DG Pro sets are different enough to impact performance, yet still remain playable/optimal for a specific player? If I'm a player who typically does well from top to bottom of the bag with a profile like DG X100, how will I be sure that the long iron shafts in the DG Pro set will really help me? (I'm on the verge of soft stepping my long irons). I'm sure this has been considered, but I'd like to understand the process and explanation behind the science. Thanks for answering our questions.
[/quote]

Bumping my own question... :)

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='trickludthakidz' timestamp='1374165960' post='7483228']
[quote name='TWshoot67' timestamp='1374165708' post='7483176']
[/quote]

The only problem with that, is that it takes away time for him to answer legitimate questions. Some people here are asking about everything except the DG Pro Shafts. Seems like all they want is a free shaft fitting/consultation. just my 2 cents
[/quote]

Well all I can say is Greg has been kind enough to answer almost every question, some even almost repeatable in some cases. Also I happened to get on early and Greg had already answered like 5/6 questions way before the time he was scheduled to be here. So I appreciate all that True Temper has done today. Yes some people just like to post to see themselves post, while others are real equipment junkies and have a thirst for knowledge. I hope I fall into the second category but by this point today after being up for close to 40 hours straight I may be repeating myself.... lol. We all know the lefty question was a joke or at least I hope we all do. No harm no foul, if Greg didn't want to answer it he would have let it go, so I feel by answering the question he knows it was all in fun. JMO.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='squishyy' timestamp='1373947394' post='7462710']
Okay, so the original Dynamic Golds (S300, S400, etc.) have been the staple of True Temper for years and the introduction of the new DG Pro shafts is bringing a lot of attention among DG fans. As a fan myself, I need to ask...what is the reasoning behind introducing a new product when the original has worked so well?
[/quote]

[i]Great question and thanks for your continued support of Dynamic Gold. It truly is the gold standard by which all others are measured. At the same time it is very important that we contiunue to innovate and address needs of golfers worldwide. DG Pro provides a much higher launch and peak trajectory than Dynamic Gold in the long irons while "progressively" changing through the mid and short irons to a lower ball/controlled trajectory. We accomplish this through some very unique design features. Check out the detailed overview at the start of this chat for everything you need to know. All the best. [/i]

WITB

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now I hope your not serious. Do you really think a shaft company would make shafts that you have to add different levels of tape under the grip to make them all same as in .600 or .610...... please! Think about that for a minute, no one would ever buy the shafts.

PS: sorry don't want to sound mean but ...... really. Questions like this would make me as a member at golfwrx just fall on the floor laughing uncontrollably... Sorry!

What differences did True Temper see between the flight characteristics of the DG Pro line and Project X Flighted shafts? Should ball flight be similar between the two? What affect does progressive weight provide to the DG Pro line?

Cobra LTDx LS Diamana B 70
TEE CB4 Tour 15° Attas T2
SLDR 3H Speeder HB 9.8

Honma TW 737 P 4 iron
Honma TR 20V 5-PW PX LS
Vokey SM7 52° & 58°
Tour Issue Toulon Austin

[quote name='linksgolfer21' timestamp='1374163491' post='7482758']
Unrelated to dg pros, but through your testing you said in an earlier post that when a clubmaker spines a shaft there is no advantage in shaft performance, have you seen this with sst puring?
[/quote]

True Temper Sports is Switzerland on this subject, we have done all the testing possible. Splining is an additional service that our club assembler customers can provide to the end user, and we therefore have no issues if a player opts to go in that direction. Just let me state that True Temper Sports manufactures to the highest standards.

WITB

[quote name='OR_GolfNut' timestamp='1374163651' post='7482798']
You have said that these produce a lower trajectory and a higher spin rate; what are the advantages of these characteristics and what type of player are these designed for?
[/quote]

In the shorter irons this is true, and therefore a wide variety of players will benefit from the extra stopping power on approach shots.

WITB

[quote name='bradley2424' timestamp='1373949534' post='7462854']
Greg,
I am a long time player of the DG s300 and X100 the one complaint I have had is I want a little more height out of all my irons would these shafts help me get to where I want to me with out losing the heavy weight I like of the DG shafts.
[/quote]

[i]Absolutely you need to try the DG Pro it sounds like you are the exact player profile that these have been designed for. Make sure that you select the correct flex, these shafts play as designated, do not be tempted to step up a flex as this negates the spin necessary for better control in the longer irons. All the best.[/i]

WITB

Any data yet for testing against other shafts? like maybe spin rates or trajectory graphs? I'd be interested in seeing how much of a difference this shaft actually makes in the long vs. short irons. Thank you for doing this! Been a True Temper fan since my hockey days.

TM Aeroburner 10.5* Stiff
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 17* Stiff
Ping G25 20* Stiff
Titleist 712 AP1 4-AW w/ NS Pro 950GH
Titleist Vokey SM5 54*F and 60*K
Cleveland Classic HB 10 Milled Putter

[quote name='BluehoseGolf' timestamp='1373950170' post='7462908']
What sets this shaft above and beyond the rest of the shafts on the market?
[/quote]

[i]The DG Pro was designed as a solution to the issues pro’s were reporting in their long irons. It would have been very easy to design a set around the 3 and 4 irons, but then this simplified approach negatively impacts on the performance of the mid and short irons. Introducing a Progressive geometry approach allowed True Temper to optimize DG Pro for the best of both worlds great ball flight in the long irons and control and cushioned feel in the short. All the best.[/i]

WITB

[quote name='NTKT10' timestamp='1374166643' post='7483340']
What differences did True Temper see between the flight characteristics of the DG Pro line and Project X Flighted shafts? Should ball flight be similar between the two? What affect does progressive weight provide to the DG Pro line?
[/quote]

Thanks for your question. We answered this one earlier on in the thread so be sure to read back through for the info you need.

WITB

[quote name='TWshoot67' timestamp='1374166642' post='7483336']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now I hope your not serious. Do you really think a shaft company would make shafts that you have to add different levels of tape under the grip to make them all same as in .600 or .610...... please! Think about that for a minute, no one would ever buy the shafts.
[/quote]

Thanks for your great input TW, exactly the reason I am not on this site much anymore...

Thanks to True Temper for the good info thus far. I will definitely be giving these shafts a try!

[quote name='balbowski' timestamp='1373950477' post='7462926']
How does the shaft play at a longer length? (+1" to be precise :derisive: ) It sounds like they have differing butt stiffnesses on the short, mid, and long irons. Anny effect on ballflight when played longer?

For the player that hits a low ball already, will this end up being too low launching in the short irons?

How do the DG Pro shafts compare to the Project X Flighted? It sounds like a very similar concept but perhaps just using some new tech?

Will they be available in taper tip only? It sounds like the long irons might work really well in a hybrid for the player looking for a consistent feel to their irons.

What would be the optimum flex for someone who swings a 6 iron at 90 MPH? 80 MPH?

Thanks for any and all questions you guys will be answering!
[/quote]

[i]The DG Pro performance will not be negatively impacted by playing over length, I would not expect that you will have issues with the ball flight in the shorter irons, performance is very close to the DG Spinner but with more feel in the half shots.[/i]

How do the [url="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?toolid=10029&campid=CAMPAIGNID&customid=CUSTOMID&catId=625&type=2&ext=390616437427&item=390616437427"]DG Pro[/url] shafts compare to the Project X Flighted? It sounds like a very similar concept but perhaps just using some new tech? [i]Please see earlier posts regarding the comparison between DG Pro and PX Flighted; they are very different concepts.[/i]

Will they be available in taper tip only? It sounds like the long irons might work really well in a hybrid for the player looking for a consistent feel to their irons. [i]Yes Taper tip only, these are really a premium product designed for use on tour and in premium sets, where taper tips dominate. Switching to a parallel design will negatively impact the sets performance making the tip section too responsive for the selected player profile.[/i]

What would be the optimum flex for someone who swings a 6 iron at 90 MPH? 80 MPH? [i]I would rather look at a players load profile and transition than overall swing speed, correct shaft selection is down to the acceleration signature of the individual. However, if you want a guess a good starting point would be X for the 90mph player.[/i]

[i]All the best.[/i]

WITB

[quote name='amateur pro' timestamp='1373950824' post='7462934']
Is this shaft a replacement to phase out production of the current DG shafts? I.e. the DG pro s300 is now going to be the only s300 shaft produced? Or is this a different line targeted towards a different market? It seems this technology is more of an improvement of the current options and not designed to be an "in addition to." Like when manufacturers introduce a new driver I.e. TM r1 replacing the r11s.
[/quote]

[i]Dynamic Gold is still the #1 shaft worldwide by a large margin...preferred nearly 3 to 1 to any other iron shaft on the PGA Tour. However, DG Pro is a new addition to the Dynamic Gold, and is very much a design created to answer specific issues reported by players struggling with their long irons. All the best.[/i]

WITB

[quote name='ChunkyChips' timestamp='1373954647' post='7463102']
Will the DG Pro be offered with .370 parallel tips?
[/quote]

[i]Not at this time, please see earlier posts. All the best.[/i]

WITB

[quote name='linksgolfer21' timestamp='1374166027' post='7483244']
I currently play DG Tour Issue S400, and enjoy these very much because of the consistency in gapping. Why would I consider the DG PRO's?
[/quote]

If you are looking for a higher peak ball flight in the longer irons and want a smoother feel throughout the set, you would consider this latest additional to the DG family.

WITB