2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

FOOTBALL IS HERE !!!! ... TIME TO GET IT ON

ROBOPTI

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388357196' post='8364401']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388356848' post='8364371']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388355519' post='8364259']
Niners have won 5 in a row...guess they arent hot as the Cards.

Rule #1 Never bet on a Carson Palmer led team.
[/quote]

Arizona has won 7 of 8. I'd say that they're as hot as SF, hence the reason I picked them.
[/quote]

Clearly not so far today.

Edit: Crabtree owns Patrick Peterson
[/quote]

Well, there are 2 halves to every game..

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388357196' post='8364401']

Edit: Crabtree owns Patrick Peterson
[/quote]

Crabtree currently has 3 receptions for 29 yards.

How does Crabtree own him, exactly?

The bears have caught a couple of bad breaks today. I would like to see them pull this out.

Loving the Seahawks game...the Rams players just gave it away with the 5 sportsmanship penalties. The Raider's are getting a run for they're money with being the "meanest" team!

TM SIM 9* Ventus Black 6TX 
TM SIM Ti 19* Ventus Black 9TX 
TM P790 3 DG X100 

TM P7MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG X7
TM MG 52, 56, Hi-Toe 60 DG S400
TM Spider Tour Black

[quote name='CKalma' timestamp='1388360646' post='8364601']
Loving the Seahawks game...the Rams players just gave it away with the 5 sportsmanship penalties. The Raider's are getting a run for they're money with being the "meanest" team!
[/quote]

Rams have lots of talent, however can never get out of their own way and are stuck behind Bradford and Fisher. Move those two guys and maybe they will be able to push past being mediocre.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388360876' post='8364613']
[quote name='CKalma' timestamp='1388360646' post='8364601']
[/quote]

Rams have lots of talent, however can never get out of their own way and are stuck behind Bradford and Fisher. Move those two guys and maybe they will be able to push past being mediocre.
[/quote]

Oh yeah the defense is or was playing great. They could have kept Seattle to a field goal on that play if they wouldnt have let their emotions get to them. I'm Hawks fan and they aren't playing like they were before the horrible loss to the Cards who are also a very good team.

TM SIM 9* Ventus Black 6TX 
TM SIM Ti 19* Ventus Black 9TX 
TM P790 3 DG X100 

TM P7MC 4, 2014 MB 5-PW DG X7
TM MG 52, 56, Hi-Toe 60 DG S400
TM Spider Tour Black

1. How many other D coordinators need to learn that prevent D has a 99% failure rate all the time?
2. Greg Roman should be canned. Gets old watching the offense go stagnant and soft when we jump to a big lead. Also getting tired of seeing 3rd and 1 and a toss or outside run be called with either Gore or our fullbacks.

Is it really that hard? As fans we see it every week...hmm you jump out to a big lead and are shutting down the opposition, why wouldnt you keep exactly that plan up? Why change it and coast?

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Good game there in Arizona bubba. I've been listening to it for the last hour and a half or so. The kick by Dawson was clutch! Feely missing a couple of those shortish kicks hurt Arizona.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388363726' post='8364787']
Good game there in Arizona bubba. I've been listening to it for the last hour and a half or so. The kick by Dawson was clutch! Feely missing a couple of those shortish kicks hurt Arizona.
[/quote]

Dawson missed one earlier and we went for a 4th down we shoulda kicked, so we had 6 points left out there. But the main thing here is like I said, Greg Roman is really making a case to get fired and the prevent D is baffling. Apparently Fangio didnt learn his lesson last week. Oh well..lets see how it plays out.

But really confused at that delay of game call on Justin Smith on their FG to tie......no explanation, no reason or anything? What did he do?

Edit: the stream I was watching was a little delayed lol. Ugly ugly second half.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1388363398' post='8364753']
The Bears defense is absolutely the worst I've seen in decades. Pack concerts three fourth downs, one for a td.

If their d coordinator is still arOund tomorrow I envision riots in the street..
[/quote]

It's a good thing no one would really recognize Mel tucker walking down the street...

Bears d... What an absolute disgrace...

1,325 catches, 15,127 yards, 111 TD's.... Thank You 88. Glad I was in attendance for your final game.

And my pitiful football season comes to a close. All I have left is the Gator Bowl for my Dawgs. Injuries were the story of both of my teams seasons. UGA with injury after injury, and my Falcons trotting out a patchwork line after 3 injuries to starters. Proud of both teams for continuing to fight to the bitter end. Change the outcome of maybe 10 plays for my Falcons and we're a division winning team. Sad reality is, those plays didn't go our way. Good news, if anything can be good, is that we have a top 6 draft pick. And I'm hoping beyond hope that either Jadaveon Clowney or Jake Matthews slides to us. Then I'd love to take Zack Martin from Notre Dame in the second round to solidify a guard position. If we don't draft O-line and D-line this year, we're sunk again. And this season may be Matt Ryan's finest yet, IMO. Behind the worst offensive line in all of football he still managed to throw for 4200+ yards and become just the second man in NFL history to throw for 4k or more 3 consecutive seasons (joins Drew Brees in that club). Can't run the ball, top target gets hurt for the season, only time your offensive line has a pocket is when they're wearing Levi's, and still have a good QB year. Yeah, that bad snap by Joe Hawley was the microcosm of our season wrapped up in a few brief seconds.

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1388364875' post='8364847']
1,325 catches, 15,127 yards, 111 TD's.... Thank You 88. Glad I was in attendance for your final game.

And my pitiful football season comes to a close. All I have left is the Gator Bowl for my Dawgs. Injuries were the story of both of my teams seasons. UGA with injury after injury, and my Falcons trotting out a patchwork line after 3 injuries to starters. Proud of both teams for continuing to fight to the bitter end. Change the outcome of maybe 10 plays for my Falcons and we're a division winning team. Sad reality is, those plays didn't go our way. Good news, if anything can be good, is that we have a top 6 draft pick. And I'm hoping beyond hope that either Jadaveon Clowney or Jake Matthews slides to us. Then I'd love to take Zack Martin from Notre Dame in the second round to solidify a guard position. If we don't draft O-line and D-line this year, we're sunk again. And this season may be Matt Ryan's finest yet, IMO. Behind the worst offensive line in all of football he still managed to throw for 4200+ yards and become just the second man in NFL history to throw for 4k or more 3 consecutive seasons (joins Drew Brees in that club). Can't run the ball, top target gets hurt for the season, only time your offensive line has a pocket is when they're wearing Levi's, and still have a good QB year. Yeah, that bad snap by Joe Hawley was the microcosm of our season wrapped up in a few brief seconds.
[/quote]

Do you think Ryans stats have anything to do with them passing on like 95% of plays? Doesnt matter who you are throwing to, if you are dropping back close to 50 times a game stats will add up.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388365567' post='8364905']

[/quote]

Do you think Ryans stats have anything to do with them passing on like 95% of plays? Doesnt matter who you are throwing to, if you are dropping back close to 50 times a game stats will add up.
[/quote]

But he was still able to complete around 67% of his passes and maintain a passer rating of 90 while throwing 24 TDs and 16 INTs.

The yards (4000+) can come from dropping back a lot, but the passer rating and completion percentage stem from the fact that he's a heck of a QB.

[/quote]

[/quote]

How many Falcon games did you watch, 1 against the Niners? Yeah, you have no idea how impressive the numbers he put up were behind this pitiful offensive line. David Carr feels his pain. Statistically the worst offensive line in football, and they pass the eye test to be named that too. Our left tackle (Lamar Holmes) is the worst lineman in football. He gave up 4 of Ryan's 9 sacks alone today on whiffed blocks. Ryan was hit 14 times today alone. Today isn't an anomaly either, he's been hit A LOT this year.

What a suiting end to Dallas' season. A game ending int. Ouch.

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1388377600' post='8365961']
Useless Orton. Tebow would've won that game.
[/quote]

Orton was fantastic until that last throw. Couldn't have asked much more of him. The other int he threw wasn't on him.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388377889' post='8365989']
[/quote]

Orton was fantastic until that last throw. Couldn't have asked much more of him. The other int he threw wasn't on him.
[/quote]

Agreed...

[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1388371741' post='8365439']

[/quote]

[/quote]

How many Falcon games did you watch, 1 against the Niners? Yeah, you have no idea how impressive the numbers he put up were behind this pitiful offensive line. David Carr feels his pain. Statistically the worst offensive line in football, and they pass the eye test to be named that too. Our left tackle (Lamar Holmes) is the worst lineman in football. He gave up 4 of Ryan's 9 sacks alone today on whiffed blocks. Ryan was hit 14 times today alone. Today isn't an anomaly either, he's been hit A LOT this year.
[/quote]

I wasnt asking to diminish his stats, I was just asking. But in all reality, its the same as guys like Peyton, Brees or even Stafford.....they rack the yardage up and its no surprise that they happen to throw it the most as well.

Stat: There were 10 teams with worse lines then ATL this year, and Ryan comes in facing about the same amount of pressure as Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson did. http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-per-game

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was obvious that Romo was coaching Orton, and Kyle followed his directions perfectly. If I didn't know, I would have sworn that was Romo in there.

Whatever, the Eagles are going to get rolled in the playoffs.

The problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. If your team is 500 since 97 then you're obviously doing something wrong. Hire a gm and they might do something. As for my Niners Greg Roman needs to keep pushing the pedal to the medal when the team has the lead. It happend with Atlanta and Arizona. We do that in the playoffs our players might be playing in the pro bowl.

[quote name='Pstar1978' timestamp='1388417096' post='8367299']
The problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. If your team is 500 since 97 then you're obviously doing something wrong. Hire a gm and they might do something. As for my Niners Greg Roman needs to keep pushing the pedal to the medal when the team has the lead. It happend with Atlanta and Arizona. We do that in the playoffs our players might be playing in the pro bowl.
[/quote]
I am hopeful Roman gets a college or nfl hc gig. I've grown tired of him

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388397997' post='8366505']
[quote name='RookieBlue7' timestamp='1388371741' post='8365439']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasnt asking to diminish his stats, I was just asking. But in all reality, its the same as guys like Peyton, Brees or even Stafford.....they rack the yardage up and its no surprise that they happen to throw it the most as well.

Stat: There were 10 teams with worse lines then ATL this year, and Ryan comes in facing about the same amount of pressure as Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson did. http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-per-game
[/quote]

If you go by sacks alone, sure. When you factor every measurable stat, it paints a much different picture. Our offensive line allowed 45 sacks. That's an average of nearly 3 per game. They also allowed 92 QB hits on top of those 45 sacks, for an average of 5.75 hits per game. Okay, let's say 5 for a round number. That's 8 hits on the QB per game on average. That's not a few, that's a bunch. But I'll go further. They also allowed 72 tackles for loss. That's 4.5 per game. That's brutal. We won't even go into passing and rushing EPA and WPA. We had 3 offensive linemen starters get hurt. Zero depth behind them. Our left tackle, one of the most critical positions on the line couldn't block my grandmother, and both of them are dead. He's put of shape (for a lineman he's put of shape, not in general) and admitted as much. He gets winded after 2 plays. Can't go no huddle or sugar huddle (which is where Ryan excels) with him on the field. Lamar Holmes is awful and I hope he never goes to prison because he'll be flipped quick. He's been referred to by over a dozen analysts as the worst offensive lineman in football. And watching him live and in person at 6 games as well as attending 8 practices, it's very hard to argue. Our center retired and there have been at least 2 guys start at the position. We continue to allow our best linemen to walk in free agency. It's a cycle, and one we need to break. I hope Mike Johnson comes back healthy and is what the staff thinks he'll be, but linemen usually take 2 solid years to come back from a knee injury. He's supposed to play LT too... We need to draft linemen on both sides of the ball. Cutting Ane was stupid as well, Osi isn't half the DE he was. Hopefully wither Jake Matthews or Jadaveon slips to us at 6, but I doubt it. If they don't, I'd trade back in the first and take Vic Beasley later in the first then either come back in the bottom or with our pick at 6 in round 2, take Zack Martin out of ND.

[quote name='thug the bunny' timestamp='1388411090' post='8366879']
[/quote]

[/quote]

It was obvious that Romo was coaching Orton, and Kyle followed his directions perfectly. If I didn't know, I would have sworn that was Romo in there.

Whatever, the Eagles are going to get rolled in the playoffs.
[/quote]
If the Eagles stay hot like they have been the last month or so they'll be a handful for several teams.