2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

FOOTBALL IS HERE !!!! ... TIME TO GET IT ON

ROBOPTI

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1387760124' post='8336961']
[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1386610473' post='8273027']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1386608650' post='8272857']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1386607397' post='8272725']
I really have no idea what you are trying to point out. Not sure it made any sense.

Regular season means nothing once playoffs come (thats my "logic"). Everybody gets their seed based off of the regular season performance, but then each game is win or go home.....Running through the regular season doesnt give you anything. Ask the Falcons, Patriots, Broncos etc.

Has nothing to do with discrediting, but once the playoffs are set having a great regular season really doesnt mean much. That was my logic, since it appears you didnt understand it.
[/quote]

The regular season is very important though. It's going to be a real challenge for any team to go into Seattle and beat them.
[/quote]To me, the regular season is qualification to the post season. That's it. :) You have to make it to the post season to considered a good team. Seattle earned that.

Now, of the 13 games so far for Sea, 6 of those games were against teams with winning records, and 2 of those were losses (SF and Indy). So, less than 1/2 of the games (wins) were against teams with losing records. That really speaks volumes to me, and not to the strength of the team. They're going to have a hard time in the post season and I'd be surprised if they make it past the 1st round. They haven't really played to a hard schedule. NYG next week might be a joke (out of the playoffs), but they've been on a winning streak. They've lost 2 of their last 7. Could be interesting.

Then there's the rematch with Ari fighting for a wildcard spot. If they bring it to Sea and then surprise SF, they're in.

I think Sea (or Sea fans) are going to be really disappointed after their bye week in the playoffs when they play a team that has a very good winning record in a hard season. ;)

--kC
[/quote]*cough*

--kC
[/quote]

You've been waiting how long to do that?

I still like Seattle a lot. Wilson struggled today, but Arizona is no slouch either. The NFC West is the best division in football by quite a bit.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 9ers and Cards have showed a mini blue print on how to keep Wilson at bay. Wilson and the offense seem to struggle when you pressure and stick a spy on him and he cant run around for what seems to be forever and extend plays. Forced to play in the pocket and he has had his share of issues. Pretty wild too that Palmer threw 4 ints and they still were able to win.

I really dont envision STL winning there, but they have been playing pretty well of late too and have a strong defense. You never know!

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1387769295' post='8337657']

You've been waiting how long to do that?

I still like Seattle a lot. Wilson struggled today, but Arizona is no slouch either. The NFC West is the best division in football by quite a bit.
[/quote]Yep! They've made it far enough that they can also start thinking of taking the foot off the gas pedal. Only time will tell what happens, hwoever I'm still thinking the 1st playoff game they play they'll be eliminated. They don't have the strong enough team to win against teams with winning records.

As for the Pats win yesterday, I'm not surprised. The Ravens couldn't get out of their own way. Any time you have a team like the Ravens making penalty after penalty, it's tough to overcome. You're playing against 2 teams, your competitors and the refs. That the fans on every call would chant "Bullll **** Bullll **** Bullll ****" that could be heard clearly enough through any open mic was also not helping their cause either. Refs don't like that.

The Pats will also have a tough time this post season and I really hope they DON'T get the bye. They need to keep playing. They're already in, so they can also start putting in backups to let them get some playing time and familiarity. I have to hand it to BB and the rest of the coaching staff... with so many damn injuries to key players, those backups can and have stepped in and do a damn fine job.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1387821229' post='8339761']
Yep! They've made it far enough that they can also start thinking of taking the foot off the gas pedal. Only time will tell what happens, hwoever I'm still thinking the 1st playoff game they play they'll be eliminated. [b]They don't have the strong enough team to win against teams with winning records. [/b]
[/quote]

They won at Carolina and Arizona.

They also beat SF and NO rather easily at home.

I'm not saying there isn't a chance they could be eliminated early, but they're a really, really good football team and you seem to not think so. I'm not sure why?

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1387832879' post='8340657']
Yep! They've made it far enough that they can also start thinking of taking the foot off the gas pedal. Only time will tell what happens, hwoever I'm still thinking the 1st playoff game they play they'll be eliminated. [b]They don't have the strong enough team to win against teams with winning records. [/b]
[/quote]

I'm not saying there isn't a chance they could be eliminated early, but they're a really, really good football team and you seem to not think so. I'm not sure why?
[/quote]

They are a good team for sure, but an effective game plan against them and weve seen two weeks in a row what that offense struggles with. Every team in the playoffs is good to a varying degree, and every team can get beat in any game.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1387834972' post='8340853']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1387832879' post='8340657']
[/quote]

[/quote]

They are a good team for sure, but an effective game plan against them and weve seen two weeks in a row what that offense struggles with. Every team in the playoffs is good to a varying degree, and every team can get beat in any game.
[/quote]

I agree. All the teams can be beat, we've seen that throughout the course of the season.

For whatever reason, Imp seems to have it out for Seattle and I think it's silly. Even if their offense struggles, they still have the 2nd best defense in the league. There are times when they'll be able to overcome an offensive struggle to win a football game. We've seen that already this season.

They didnt last night, despite picking Palmer off 4 times. Call me bias, but the thing about Seattle is they are a very all or nothing team, and that will be emphasized in the playoffs. SF and now Arizona have laid out the blue print to beat them, add in the refs starting to call more PI against them and things can snowball in a hurry. Happened the past two weeks, and the road to the NFC title is going to be against some insanely good defenses who are capable of doing the same thing.

They remind me soo much of a VCU team in college bball. The hype, the crowd, the "havoc" that forces the refs to swallow their whistle all night long or you are in for a 10 hour game is great......but once a team absorbs that and the refs are hitting you with flags and you are getting punched in the mouth.....then what do you got?

They are a true contender for sure, but they arent exactly peaking at the end of the year ex: 2012 Atlanta Falcons.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Because I disagree with you doesn't mean I have a thing against Seattle. I do have a thing against some of the fly by night fans that come out of the woodwork because their team finally has a winning season and they think they're the best team since Lombardi coached Green Bay. ;)

The only thing I've said is that for Seattle to move beyond their 1st game in the playoffs will require more skill than I think they have.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1387853143' post='8342053']
Because I disagree with you doesn't mean I have a thing against Seattle. I do have a thing against some of the fly by night fans that come out of the woodwork because their team finally has a winning season and they think they're the best team since Lombardi coached Green Bay. ;)

The only thing I've said is that for Seattle to move beyond their 1st game in the playoffs will require more skill than I think they have.

--kC
[/quote]

Lol okay... I just don't understand why you think they don't have enough skill when they've beat NO, Carolina, SF and Arizona. It doesn't add up, but you're entitled to your own opinion, obviously. I'm not even a Seattle fan, I just don't see the logic there.

Anyways, SF was fortunate to come away with a W tonight. A great play by the DB to time that route perfectly on that slant to Douglass saved the night. They sent Candlestick out in fashion!

Gonna pop back in this thread to say did you expect anything other than a crazy ending to the final game at the Stick. After all it is the home of The Catch 1-3 the Roger Craig fumble the botched kick by NY etc etc. Gonna miss that old dump but Dwight Clark said it best "It might be a dump, but it is our dump"

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

bow96.gif

"The pick"

Can't believe they needed that to beat the horrible falcons

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Cardinals win and Saints loss

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

I see it this way. I see Philly beating Dallas, Miami getting in, San Francisco beating Arizona and Seattle losing. I can't see the Panthers losing to Atlanta with their D but you never know. I also see Green Bay beating Chicago but not by much. Anyone else have predictions for the final week of the regular season?

Seattle gets a bye because Arizona beats SF to become the 3rd team from the west to get in.

Philly in.
Miami in.
GB in.

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1388348639' post='8363727']
No love for the Bears...

It's time for them to show up something fierce...

This is as intense a game as they are going to play. The city is jacked right now. If you can't get up for this game, quit...
[/quote]

I'd like to see them pull it out, no doubt. I just think Rodgers coming back may be enough to put GB over the top. Should be a fun game nevertheless!

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388351074' post='8363927']
[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1388348639' post='8363727']
No love for the Bears...

It's time for them to show up something fierce...

This is as intense a game as they are going to play. The city is jacked right now. If you can't get up for this game, quit...
[/quote]

I'd like to see them pull it out, no doubt. I just think Rodgers coming back may be enough to put GB over the top. Should be a fun game nevertheless!
[/quote]

Truth be told, I've got serious reservations about this game. The d is just... awful. Never in my lifetime have I seen such a poor squad on that side of the ball. We have existed solely on their stellar efforts and now that we finally got an offense to put up points...

Frustrating to say the least...

Pissed is more like it..

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388341230' post='8363267']
Seattle gets a bye because Arizona beats SF to become the 3rd team from the west to get in.

Philly in.
Miami in.
GB in.
[/quote]'

Lol you love to just do anything the opposite way of the niners.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388354708' post='8364203']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388341230' post='8363267']

Philly in.
Miami in.
GB in.
[/quote]'

Lol you love to just do anything the opposite way of the niners.
[/quote]

Not really, I just feel like Arizona is hot at the moment and I don't think there is any way St Louis wins in Seattle.

It's looking like I was completely wrong about Arizona at the moment. :cheesy:

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388355519' post='8364259']
Niners have won 5 in a row...guess they arent hot as the Cards.

Rule #1 Never bet on a Carson Palmer led team.
[/quote]

Arizona has won 7 of 8. I'd say that they're as hot as SF, hence the reason I picked them.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1388356848' post='8364371']
[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1388355519' post='8364259']
Niners have won 5 in a row...guess they arent hot as the Cards.

Rule #1 Never bet on a Carson Palmer led team.
[/quote]

Arizona has won 7 of 8. I'd say that they're as hot as SF, hence the reason I picked them.
[/quote]

Clearly not so far today.

Edit: Crabtree owns Patrick Peterson

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB