Streamsong , allround the best golf destination I have visited in the US

petercybulskipp

[quote name='bobgeorge' timestamp='1390144277' post='8488721']

How do the Streamsong courses compare to World Woods?
[/quote]

Hmmm .... about the same as a beginners golf set from Wal-Mart, would compete with a custom made set of Titleist, with a TM driver and Scotty Cameron putter. That's from an "experience" perspective.

As "golf courses", considering shot values, difficulty, fairness, condition, etc .... reasonably comparable.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='golfnhack' timestamp='1389894102' post='8471881']
What irks me about Streamsong is the fact that they won't support state golf, i.e. they won't host qualifiers or tournaments, even the state Am. I personally feel that courses should support their state golf association. Just my .02
[/quote]

Actually they are hosting the USGA four ball.

[quote name='BamafaninKY' timestamp='1389926420' post='8475385']
[quote name='BrianL99' timestamp='1389922602' post='8474885']
[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1389921940' post='8474793']
[quote name='petercybulskipp' timestamp='1389921666' post='8474747']
[quote name='Chris_NH' timestamp='1389872106' post='8470195']
Just curious as to which other destinations you've visited,
[/quote]
Plenty. It's an opinion...
[/quote]

It's a fair question. I don't think it should be taken as accusatory, as this is all we got:

"The courses are fantastic , especially red."

Those of us interested in playing different courses and golf course architecture might appreciate a deeper review that juxtaposes the Streamsong courses with a course or courses that we might have played and be familiar with :)
[/quote]

In which case I'll give you an opinion ... I've been there 3 times.

The Doak course isn't much of a track, in my opinion. You can hit the ball most anywhere. In a lot of ways, it reminds me of a wide open parkland course and it's nothing like a "links" course, as they present the complex to be.

The Crenshaw course is head and shoulders above the Doaks course, in my opinion. MUCH tougher. You need to hit it straight. That said, you also need to know where to hit the ball, in order to have a reasonable shot at the green. It's a quality course in my opinion, but not an "America's Top 100".

As courses in Florida go, it's nothing like anything you'll ever see there. They moved zillions of yards of material to build the course ... it is ENTIRELY man-made. Not they didn't do a good job of making it, but there's nothing "real" about it.

For those of you who don't know the story behind the golf course, the company that "owns" the land, has at least 25,000 acres of a former phosphate mine. Under federal regulation, they are required to "reclaim" the land after mining is complete. They figured out that building a golf course was cheaper than "reclamation". They brought in the Bandon Dunes developers and proceeded to manufacture themselves a golf destination.

If the Greens Fees were $125-$135, I'd say it was a good deal. At $195 or whatever it is now, it's over-priced in my opinion. Again, for people in Florida and much of the south, they are really unusual, neat golf courses. If you've played in Europe, you won't be impressed. Depending on your tastes in golf courses, if you've played many of America's Top 100, you'll like the courses, but understand that they're certainly no Fisher's Island, Oakmont, Merion, Seminole, Pine Valley or a myriad of other courses (most of which I haven't played, of course).

From my frame of reference, living in New England ... the Crenshaw course would probably make the Top 25 in New England, the Doaks course, I don't think so.
[/quote]

Good Lord. You think very highly of your opinions don't you?

The place is fantastic. But thanks for the golf lesson narrative. ;)
[/quote]
That seems like an awfully nasty response. It was a well reasoned, informative and very useful review. Why would you run the guy down? Because you think it's "fantastic" (without any other description) and he thinks it's less than "fantastic" (although he did say at a more reasonable price point it would be good, which is actually fair criticism that we can take something away from).

[quote name='BrianL99' timestamp='1389950065' post='8476535']
[quote name='tw422' timestamp='1389928200' post='8475617']
Caddie we had was ok not great but not horrible. It was his second day on the job. I was a little peeved when he said (after we handed $160), "typically we get $100 bag". Really, for what? I pay for good service and I'm willing to pay more for great caddies. I've played Merion, Pine Valley and others in the top 5 and have never given a caddy $100 for a bag. My guess is they are having a hard time attracting and retaining good caddies there so they are telling guests to tip $100/bag.

[/quote]

Almost every post I've read on this site about Streamsong, talks about how wonderful the caddy was and recommends the specific caddy by name. I'll bet that every poster who did that, has never played with a caddy before.

I agree with you, 100%. The caddies are over-paid, just average and I know for a fact they've been having problems with attracting caddies and keeping them there.
[/quote]

I also found this odd, because I've played with caddies at public and private courses more than a dozen times and don't think I ever walked away knowing their first and last names. Felt a little like we've got some caddies visiting GolfWRX to hype themselves. Not saying that's the case, just seems a bit fishy.

Anyway, never having been to Streamsong, I'd say this thread leaves me wondering why it should crack my bucket list. At those prices, it seems like it's only a hair below Pebble, Kiawah, Kohler, Bandon. That's the comparison I'd like to hear, rather than how it rates against others in Florida (which I've always found Florida golf to serve the purpose of a winter getaway but never someplace I'm dying to go for golf, since so much of the design down there is stuck with the dead-flat ground, man-made lakes and lots of cart paths). Is the idea that this is the next Bandon? Doesn't sound like it's got the topography for such.

[quote name='philsRHman' timestamp='1390266799' post='8498111']
Caddie we had was ok not great but not horrible. It was his second day on the job. I was a little peeved when he said (after we handed $160), "typically we get $100 bag". Really, for what? I pay for good service and I'm willing to pay more for great caddies. I've played Merion, Pine Valley and others in the top 5 and have never given a caddy $100 for a bag. My guess is they are having a hard time attracting and retaining good caddies there so they are telling guests to tip $100/bag.

[/quote]

Almost every post I've read on this site about Streamsong, talks about how wonderful the caddy was and recommends the specific caddy by name. I'll bet that every poster who did that, has never played with a caddy before.

I agree with you, 100%. The caddies are over-paid, just average and I know for a fact they've been having problems with attracting caddies and keeping them there.
[/quote]

I also found this odd, because I've played with caddies at public and private courses more than a dozen times and don't think I ever walked away knowing their first and last names. Felt a little like we've got some caddies visiting GolfWRX to hype themselves. Not saying that's the case, just seems a bit fishy.

Anyway, never having been to Streamsong, I'd say this thread leaves me wondering why it should crack my bucket list. At those prices, it seems like it's only a hair below Pebble, Kiawah, Kohler, Bandon. That's the comparison I'd like to hear, rather than how it rates against others in Florida (which I've always found Florida golf to serve the purpose of a winter getaway but never someplace I'm dying to go for golf, since so much of the design down there is stuck with the dead-flat ground, man-made lakes and lots of cart paths). Is the idea that this is the next Bandon? Doesn't sound like it's got the topography for such.
[/quote]

I'm glad someone else gets its. The whole caddy thing was mind boggling.

& yes, it was developed by the Bandon guys, so their plan is for it to be the "Bandon of the East". It does have spectacular topography, all of which was manufactured, but done well.

I think you have an excellent take on Florida golf, that's exactly what it is ... a place for other northerners to go when it's cold, but not exactly a mecca of great golf courses.

I think you're exactly right with PB, Kiawah, Kohler & Bandon being higher on your list. I'd add Pinehurst, 1/2 dozen courses in NY, a couple in New England and the usual assortment of classic US Open courses.

Isn't it actually to be Bandon South, as Cabot is to be Bandon East ;)
That new development in Wisconsin will be Bandon Mid-West.
Is there room for something in Alaska to be Bandon North?
Then they'll end up having Tshirts like Hard Rock Cafes, ha.

@philsrhman - having the topography and build it are two different things. Apparently Old Mac was a pretty uninspiring piece of land until they brought the bulldozers in. Because I like seeing new courses, I do reckon I will try to get there in March and all the opinions in this thread have really piqued my interest.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I think you have to also consider that price can also be a marketing tool, as much as a big-name architect or some other high-profile name. If they're getting $125/round and your typical $60 caddie fee, they can't scream that they're the "next (fill in the blank)" and the short-term revenue made by 40 extra players a day won't equate to landing on bucket lists all over the country. Setting the price at that level puts it in that conversation. If not because of the golf, then because of the price. In many circles, that is probably a more winnable game. It gets you in GD, gets Ginella there, launches conversations like the one we're having. If you're booked solid at $125, then you're one of the hundreds of 36-hole regional golf destinations.

I think it's a very intriguing business and marketing model.

Similar thing Erin Hills is doing. Yes they also have US Open venue cachet now, but they certainly use a high greenfee limited times model. Although I see Streamsong isn't so much about large teetime intervals in the same way.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='BrianL99' timestamp='1390270572' post='8498529']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

& yes, it was developed by the Bandon guys, so their plan is for it to be the "Bandon of the East". It does have spectacular topography, all of which was manufactured, but done well.

I think you have an excellent take on Florida golf, that's exactly what it is ... a place for other northerners to go when it's cold, but not exactly a mecca of great golf courses.

I think you're exactly right with PB, Kiawah, Kohler & Bandon being higher on your list. I'd add Pinehurst, 1/2 dozen courses in NY, a couple in New England and the usual assortment of classic US Open courses.
[/quote]

streamsong was NOT developed by the Bandon guys. It was developed by Mosaic and owned by Mosaic. It is managed by Kemper Sports, which also manages Bandon, but that's the only connection as far as I know. Mike Keiser has nothing to do with it.

I have posted my caddie's name and I can assure you, I never met him before that day. While I can understand why you think it's odd (I've also played with a caddie many times, including several rounds at Punehurst 2) I do remember his name.

It sounds to me that there are some people who would like to play the course, but are looking for justification to not spend the money. That's fine. It is definitely expensive and if the circumstances of my trip to Orlando were different, I probably would not have paid to play it either. Regardless, I consider the Red Course a phenomenal golf course which I thoroughly enjoyed.

[quote name='BamafaninKY' timestamp='1390276426' post='8499163']
[quote name='BrianL99' timestamp='1390270572' post='8498529']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

streamsong was NOT developed by the Bandon guys. It was developed by Mosaic and owned by Mosaic. It is managed by Kemper Sports, which also manages Bandon, but that's the only connection as far as I know. Mike Keiser has nothing to do with it.

I have posted my caddie's name and I can assure you, I never met him before that day. While I can understand why you think it's odd (I've also played with a caddie many times, including several rounds at Punehurst 2) I do remember his name.

It sounds to me that there are some people who would like to play the course, but are looking for justification to not spend the money. That's fine. It is definitely expensive and if the circumstances of my trip to Orlando were different, I probably would not have paid to play it either. Regardless, I consider the Red Course a phenomenal golf course which I thoroughly enjoyed.
[/quote]

Let me preface this by saying that i'm a pretty cheap guy, all things considered. But I don't actually think golf at SS is really that expensive. I live in NYC, where most upscale daily fee courses are $100-$150 and not even that great. For $175, I can play a highly regarded Tom Doak or C&C design in the middle of winter. count me in!

it's all relative i guess.

[/quote]

I never said Keiser had anything to do with Streamsong. I said that SS was developed by the Bandon guys ... Kemper Sports being the "Bandon guys" in my mind. Keiser is a successful land developer, who loves golf and had a vision. Kemper was brought into manage Keiser vision, as they were with Streamsong. Mosaic is a Fortune 500 mining company that happens to own huge tracks of land, they previously mined for phosphate and potash. Mosaic has never been in the golf business. From what I was told, Rick Mack who's their General Counsel came up with the idea of building a golf course as a reclamation project. They brought in Kemper Sports who managed the concept and made it happen.

Kemper Sports runs the golf operation. Mosaic has another company running the rest of the resort functions.

I do this stuff for a living, I have a little clue how it works.

[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1390273534' post='8498871']
Similar thing Erin Hills is doing. Yes they also have US Open venue cachet now, but they certainly use a high greenfee limited times model. Although I see Streamsong isn't so much about large teetime intervals in the same way.
[/quote]

You're very perceptive Mr. Duffer :)

Streamsong is doing a similar thing with Tee Times, to create the illusion of "exclusivity". If you try to book a Tee Time online, you'll walk away thinking the place is doing a land office business, which simply isn't the case. You can show up there most anytime and get off without a problem. I'm guessing that holiday periods might be a little busy, but other than that, the place is pretty much deserted. When you drive into the place, you'll think you're entering the twilight zone. The access road must be almost 2 miles long and in 3 trips there, I've never encountered another car on the road. That's not because people are staying at the resort, because the hotel just opened last week.

All the employees are on an incentive program to pump up the facility and they get bonuses for guests who post favorable reviews (not unusual in the hospitality business). I've dealt with 3 different caddies there, all of whom went overboard with their praise of everything Streamsong. There's nothing wrong with the Kemper managing the brand, but one has to pay attention to separate the wheat from the chaff.

[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1389923134' post='8474941']
Thanks BrianL99
Me and a mate have been on this silly play everything awesome in the US kick the past year and when we're down in Jacksonville playing TPC Sawgrass in March, I've been really tempted to play the two at Streamsong - as I'm flying in/out of MCO and won't be hugely out of the way.

I'm a big C&C fan. Thoroughly enjoyed all their courses I've played to this point. I like Doak's mindset and really enjoyed his book, but besides Pacific and a restored Pasatiempo, I only know of the courses he's done, as opposed to playing them. They've had the crap hyped out of them in the press and it will be interesting to see if they maintain that and more people play them and they get overshadowed quickly next year by the 36 holes in Nova Scotia and then the development in Wisconsin

I get your POV now Peter and ya I reckon some pedestrian munis can easily aspire to better service than Pebble in fairness.
[/quote]

Pasatiempo is my favorite course ever. If you are ever in Santa Cruz area - do yourself a favor and play.

Cobra driver
TMade 3 & hybrid
Titleist AP2 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey wedges
Cleveland putter
Srixon ball

[quote name='BrianL99' timestamp='1390301063' post='8499929']

[/quote]

I never said Keiser had anything to do with Streamsong. I said that SS was developed by the Bandon guys ... Kemper Sports being the "Bandon guys" in my mind. Keiser is a successful land developer, who loves golf and had a vision. Kemper was brought into manage Keiser vision, as they were with Streamsong. Mosaic is a Fortune 500 mining company that happens to own huge tracks of land, they previously mined for phosphate and potash. Mosaic has never been in the golf business. From what I was told, Rick Mack who's their General Counsel came up with the idea of building a golf course as a reclamation project. They brought in Kemper Sports who managed the concept and made it happen.

Kemper Sports runs the golf operation. Mosaic has another company running the rest of the resort functions.

I do this stuff for a living, I have a little clue how it works.
[/quote]

I was the one who said Keiser was involved. And while he wasn't a big part of developing Streamsong I know as a fact he was a part of this. He does things behind the scenes for more courses than you'd think.

[quote name='FSCMatt' timestamp='1390323095' post='8501501']

I was the one who said Keiser was involved. And while he wasn't a big part of developing Streamsong I know as a fact he was a part of this. He does things behind the scenes for more courses than you'd think.
[/quote]

It doesn't surprise me. Keiser is a "big vision" guy and seems to have a knack for making good choices. It takes a lot of talents to put that sort of deal together ... deep pockets like Mosaic, vision of someone like Keiser & the know how of a company like Kemper.

[quote name='ea19' timestamp='1390306865' post='8500045']

Pasatiempo is my favorite course ever. If you are ever in Santa Cruz area - do yourself a favor and play.
[/quote]

My convoluted sentence structure may have gotten in the way there. Pacific Dunes and Pasatiempo are the only two Doak built/restored courses I have played already.

And I agree with the high-level of esteem you hold it in. What a beautiful golf course. While not my fave course ever, it does have some of my favorite inland holes ever built. One of my favorite opening holes in golf, the par 3 3rd, the uphill 11th. Great stuff there :) It's a once a year treat for me, as it's a slippery slope to playing it more often and before you know it you've dropped a grand there.

F.T.

[quote name='kemau' timestamp='1390310206' post='8500225']
has anyone played the hammock beach courses in palm coast? 2 courses (1 nicklaus design, 1 watson design)....every review ive seen has been 4 or 5 stars out of 5
[/quote]

I have played the one Jack designed and it was a fun track. I got a pretty good deal through golfnow and then had my fee refunded after they lost my tee time so it became a great deal. The Ocean comes into play on a few holes and has some very nice views and the greens are very tough. Play it if you have the opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Streamsong this week and here are my thoughts for what they are worth.

It is very over priced, which they can do as there is no alternative for 40 miles !

If you have played golf in Scotland or Ireland you will not be impressed, you would not pay £50 to play this
course or drive 10 minutes.

Caddies $80 + tip per person and caddie carries 2 bags !

The Crenshaw course is boring and the 17th hole is probably the only hole you will remember.

I did not get to play the other course as it was rained out.

I got a rain check for 36 holes for my foursome,no offer of a refund !

The best hole is the par 3 warm up hole or 19th hole whichever way you want to play it.

I stayed at the Hotel and it is very expensive as is the food and the architecture is horrible, it looks like a glass
warehouse.

The staff are very nice.

I would not want to go back .

If abandon Dunes is like that you can keep it.

Go play Turnberry, St Andrews , Carnoustie , Troon and see the real thing.

Go to Orlando and play the New Course at Grand Cypress, more fun and more courses to play in the area
and you will not be ripped off.

[quote name='matthewsiv' timestamp='1391228203' post='8576148']

It is very over priced, which they can do as there is no alternative for 40 miles !

If you have played golf in Scotland or Ireland you will not be impressed, you would not pay £50 to play this

The Crenshaw course is boring and the 17th hole is probably the only hole you will remember.

The best hole is the par 3 warm up hole or 19th hole whichever way you want to play it.

I stayed at the Hotel and it is very expensive as is the food and the architecture is horrible, it looks like a glass
warehouse.

The staff are very nice.

Go to Orlando and play the New Course at Grand Cypress, more fun and more courses to play in the area
[/quote]

Other than I have a touch more respect for the Crenshaw course, your post is almost word for word, my original review of Streamsong. If you put them in Ireland, they wouldn't make the Top 100.

warehouse.

The staff are very nice.

[/quote]

Got to play the New Course at Grand Cypress over the holidays. I liked SS Red a lot, but Grand Cypress is certainly a better value. I played for $89, while the rest of the foursome (Greater Orlando residents) played for $49 ... For all day! That is a bargain.

Killarney Golf & Fishing Club, IR.

Streamsong won't fade, it attracts big $$$ people with big $$$, and they'll spend it there like it's change. They won't have much to worry about financially. One thing that worries me is the caddie/staffing situation. I had a buddy that worked there and his daily drive was over an hour just to get there, from LAKELAND. I see jobs posted for them every single day on indeed (I'm currently looking for a job), so it seems to me they're not really getting folks to commit once they realize they're really just working for the gas it takes to get there. That could be a huge issue for them. As far as the golf, it's a fantastic course, when it matures it's going to be a fantastic destination, just need a little bit more time to grow. I feel like I need to have been there several times to give an accurate review of the course, so I won't make the attempt.

For those who say they won't offer the resident rates during the summertime, I'll be willing to place bet on it that they will. When you can play courses like Grand Cypress for $28-32 during the summer time, they're going to have a hard time bringing the locals in..

[quote name='FLGOLFJUNKIE' timestamp='1391311103' post='8581568']

For those who say they won't offer the resident rates during the summertime, I'll be willing to place bet on it that they will. When you can play courses like Grand Cypress for $28-32 during the summer time, they're going to have a hard time bringing the locals in..
[/quote]

I'm guessing you're right about the rates, although I've been told "no way" by someone I know who works there.

You're right on the money with the "commuting" thing. The place is in the middle of no where.

Once they realize that, yes, they might be a premier golf destination, BUT, it takes the average golfer (who in most cases lands in Orlando to play golf there), about 1.5-2 hours to get there, they'll realize they might be over their heads and will play around with the rates. Wonder if they will be on Golfnow by summertime.

I have enjoyed following this thread a ton. I visit my mom in Naples a couple times a year and I have come close to visiting this course a couple of times. Had it not been for a nagging wife and a chance to play old corkscrew for the 20th time for $20 I would have made the 2 hour trek at the end of the summer. I usually bypass the smack talk and whining I see on the thread but I hope people keep chiming in.

One thing I think is funny is that people bemoan the terrible 1.2 hour drive. I understand that distance and time isn't close but I will say that I often do that once a week in the summer here in DC because of traffic and distance to get to decent and affordable courses so 1.2 hours is nothing. That's why man has created audio books, good music and podcasts.

A group from my club just returned from Streamsong and they were impressed. Only downer was their last day of the trip coincided with the Polar Vortex.....really cold.

They used caddies for the first two rounds and then gave up on that.

This group travels every winter and have hit all the big name places, Bandon, Sea Island, Pinehurst etc.....they said Streamsong was as good as anyplace they've been.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

[color=#0000cd]If they were the only game in a city of 100,000 people this would be true. But they're the only game in a town....correction, they're the only game 10 miles outside of what *might* be considered a town. But I digress....[/color]

[color=#0000cd]I've never played a true links course so I can't comment on that. But I drive 15 minutes to my local course every weekend, and I can assure you, as bad as you may think Streamsong is, my home course is miles below that. My homecourse also costs $60 to play. [/color]

[color=#0000cd]I agree, the caddie fee at this place is absolutely insane for what you're getting. If you get a cart, you're basically paying for a chauffeur.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]There is a stretch of boring holes on the Red course; holes 9-12. Outside of that, the first seven holes are extremely demanding and unique, and the 13-17 stretch is a great mix of scoring and hold-on-for-your-life holes.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]I would've like to read your conclusion on what I think is the 'lesser' of the two courses having read your conclusion on the Red course.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]I'll admit thats kindof a swift kick in the you-know-wheres. I hate it when courses don't offer full refunds instead of rainchecks, especially when they're located in a travel destination.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]At the risk of sounding blunt, allow me to respond. If a 120 yard wedge shot over a pond to a small green is better than any of the other 18 holes you played on the Red course, I've gotta ask if you even picked your head up to look around out there.[/color]

warehouse.

[color=#0000cd]Never stayed at the hotel, but they're went for a Minimalist design for both the hotel and the clubhouse. Both look stunning.[/color]

The staff are very nice.

[color=#0000cd]I agree, although some of them aren't quite as enthused to shuttle you to and from the range as others are.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]At $160 for a round (walking) plus another $80 if you want to take a cart, I agree with you. At a lesser price point, I don't agree with you.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]Never been to Bandon but I've heard better things about Bandon overall.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]Someday I will, and I can't wait.[/color]

[color=#0000cd]The New Course at Grand Cypress is hardly a true links course, and its priced just under Streamsong, so this conclusion is a bit bizzare given all your other statements.[/color]

[/quote]

Alright, I had to respond to your post above. Just know that I think Streamsong is extremely overpriced at its winter rates, and its caddie fees are downright laughable. But overall I thought there were some holes in your opinion that I needed to address for prospective players.

[sign here]

[color=#ff0000]The price has little to do with the location. It has to do with where they are trying to position their golf course and resort in the marketplace.[/color]

[color=#ff0000]Scotland and Ireland are not 80 degrees November through April while a large portion of the Eastern time zone is covered under snow. [/color]

[color=#ff0000]A majority of Streamsong guests are accustomed to walking only/caddy required clubs. This is only a big deal for people who are used to cartball. [/color]

[color=#ff0000]Absolutely ridiculous assessment. There are a number of wonderful holes on the Red. [/color]

[color=#ff0000]Probably just fine. I'm sure you would have found it "too easy." [/color]

[color=#ff0000]This sums up your idea of golf architecture beautifully...?[/color]

warehouse.
[color=#ff0000]Compared to a Holiday Inn Express, yes. The food is far from terrible. [/color]

The staff are very nice.
[color=#ff0000]The staff [s]are[/s] IS very nice [/color]

[color=#ff0000]I'm thinking you'd be pretty disappointed in Bandon as well.[/color]

[color=#000000]and you will not be ripped off.[/color]
[color=#ff0000]Again, speaks to your knowledge of architecture. Playing the overseeded New Course is JUST like true links golf. :stink: [/color]
[/quote]