Winter break golf Florida style.

BaitkillerBaitkiller Members Posts: 1,713 ✭✭
Merry Christmas all!

I took #2 and #3 out for a later afternoon nine today to get #3 some time with the new sticks that Santa delivered yesterday. #2 always packs a little telescopic Zebco in his bag. It was a terfiific day, let one single thru and never saw another soul. several pars, one bird and two bass!

Anyone else get some family golf in?
Turn over damnit!
Krank 9* Formula 5 UST Tour
Adams 15* wasabi
XXIO pro 5
Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
Betti-1
K-sig

Comments

• BaitkillerBaitkiller Members Posts: 1,713 ✭✭
    #2 is killing it. Amazing what 3 inches and a year of maturity can do for a golf game. #1 loves the new sticks. Hit 10 balls on the range and never made even noobie contact. stepped up on the first Tee and striped most everything else all day. Weird sport golf is.
    Turn over damnit!
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • hangontighthangontight Members Posts: 543 ✭✭
    edited Dec 26, 2018 #3
    Played Kiawah Ocean Course on Saturday. Was just planning on bringing the boy along to walk With me , maybe do a little ball wiping and flag pulling! But when I made my tee time the guy offered a rate for him to play too good to pass on. Perfect day - 62°, sunny, barely a whisper of wind. Turned out to be a really great Christmas surprise for the both of us.
    edited Dec 26, 2018 #4
    That is awesome! Its nice to get junior love from new places. More often than not the pro takes one look at the crumb snatchers and says free or <1/2 rate. Extra nice at a world renown destination track like that in high season. Wow.
    Turn over damnit!
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Betti-1
    K-sig
    edited Dec 26, 2018 #5
    Baitkiller wrote:

That is awesome! Its nice to get junior love from new places. More often than not the pro takes one look at the crumb snatchers and says free or <1/2 rate. Extra nice at a world renown destination track like that in high season. Wow.

Yes, it was nice of him and certainly appreciated (but not expected). It’s actually hit or miss out there with them. I have a local “tee time book” that offers very deep discount for the Kiawah courses. I’ve asked about junior rates before and they’ve quoted “1/2 of rack rate” for juniors, which is still HIGH....regular season rate is around $275 for the other 4 courses (not including Ocean), which are all fantastic in their own right. He didnt come those days or just walked, haha! Other days they generously have offered far more reasonable. It’s kind of touchy- I certainly don’t expect something for nothing or free, but it seems silly to charge that rate to a junior not only for the obvious reasons but also these are all afternoon slots- when those resort courses are typically ghost towns. It’s not like the junior playing with his family is taking a full paying customers spot. There is no opportunity cost and it’s all found money- not to mention the $12 hot dog and gatorade I will buy him. I think Pinehurst and Myrtle Beach area course do it right- kids pay free with paying adult. Anyway, off topic and I digress! But I am glad it worked out on Saturday!
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,898 ✭✭
    I have no kids (yeah..."that I know of") so I really appreciate these neat reports. Keep 'em coming!

And remember these times when the relationship becomes a little strained, although I hope that never happens.
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,846 ClubWRX
    Looks like an all around perfect day to me!!
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members Posts: 873 ✭✭
    Here's some post-Christmas golf NorCal style. Was a beautiful balmy 60 degrees here today. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

The course was closed due to rain yesterday and Ian itching to go fishing. He landed this ~30 lb/ tarpon at the Island Country Club on a fly he tied himself earlier that afternoon. That is a **** of a fish to land on fly at a golf course.
    Turn over damnit!
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Betti-1
    K-sig
    Baitkiller wrote:

The course was closed due to rain yesterday and Ian itching to go fishing. He landed this ~30 lb/ tarpon at the Island Country Club on a fly he tied himself earlier that afternoon. That is a **** of a fish to land on fly at a golf course.

WOW - that is some serious golf course fishing
    I know right? I wish he would work on his short game this hard..This was over winter break i think. same golf course.
    Turn over damnit!
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • Jealous!

We won't see those temperatures here for another 2.5 months
  • yellowlover519yellowlover519 Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Seriously - jealous. Grass stays lush out there - doesn’t go brown?
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,063 ✭✭
    Seriously - jealous. Grass stays lush out there - doesn&#146;t go brown?

Green all year in South Florida.
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,844 ✭✭
    Great pics all
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)