Caddie Question

2»

Comments

• TripleBogeysrbetterTripleBogeysrbetter Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
    Man honestly after reading these posts for the past two days. I'm glad my son just picked up golf 2 years ago. I would've lost my mind by now.

Here the whole time I thought travel baseball was bad. SMH

There was a cool sign once at a baseball complex.

"Dear Parents, No Division 1 scholarships will be handed out today."
    Cobra F8+ - Fujikura Regular
    Taylormade M1 5 Wood - Kuro Kage Regular
    Cobra Tour Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 90 R
    Fourteen 52 (Bent to 50) - Nippon R
    Fourteen 56 - Nippon R
    Vokey SM7 60 - Dynamic Gold
    Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40
    Titleist AVX
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,852 ClubWRX

Man honestly after reading these posts for the past two days. I'm glad my son just picked up golf 2 years ago. I would've lost my mind by now.

In all likelihood from what I've seen and heard, travel baseball is worse.

Anyhow, it will take time for the kids and especially parents to adapt. If each player and parent took it upon themselves to at least read the rules book things would be a lot better and disagreements would be far between. I'm not saying you need to know the rules book front to back, but there are about 20 significant changes that everyone should know about. The whole lining your player up rule caused several shouting matches among the older groups last weekend. It was embarrassing and comical at the same time.
    kekoa wrote:

Anyhow, it will take time for the kids and especially parents to adapt. If each player and parent took it upon themselves to at least read the rules book things would be a lot better and disagreements would be far between. I'm not saying you need to know the rules book front to back, but there are about 20 significant changes that everyone should know about. The whole lining your player up rule caused several shouting matches among the older groups last weekend. It was embarrassing and comical at the same time.

"The whole lining your player up rule caused several shouting matches among the older groups last weekend. "

I would consider that sad in youth sports. Is that fun for anyone?
    Fourteen 56 - Nippon R
    Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40
    Titleist AVX
  • BertGABertGA Members Posts: 279 ✭✭

kekoa wrote:

"The whole lining your player up rule caused several shouting matches among the older groups last weekend. "

Welcome to a world where parents believe every tournnament outcome determines the future collegiate and professional prospects for their lil’ prodigies. It’s not unique to golf. The only thing that separates golf from other sports is the proximity of the parents to the athletes.
    edited Jan 16, 2019 2:29pm #36
    BertGA wrote:

kekoa wrote:

Welcome to a world where parents believe every tournnament outcome determines the future collegiate and professional prospects for their lil' prodigies. It's not unique to golf. The only thing that separates golf from other sports is the proximity of the parents to the athletes.

This is my second ride. :-) First introduction was AAU basketball at 8 yrs old for my oldest now 19. By 12 or 13 most kids quit.

My daughter wants to do travel dance, but not until she reaches High school. I want my 2 remaining under 18 kids to enjoy to their childhood, instead of wishing the weekend wouldn't come.

You've seen trophy kids on Netflix?
    Fourteen 56 - Nippon R
    Ray Cook Blue Goose BG40
    Titleist AVX
  • BertGABertGA Members Posts: 279 ✭✭
    Trophy Kids, no. Short Game, yes. I see the live traveling troupe play every once in a while at our local tour.