Most durable golf glove

As title says sick of putting holes in gloves after 3 to 4 range sessions

Comments

• bradskibradski Members Posts: 2,337 ✭✭
    You can buy different gloves but it is really a grip issue. I used to do the same and with some grip work gloves last 10 x longer
  • Louisking1Louisking1 Members Posts: 152 ✭✭
    bradski wrote:

You can buy different gloves but it is really a grip issue. I used to do the same and with some grip work gloves last 10 x longer

I’m a right hand golfer it’s usually the left hand thumb that rips
  • PulledabillPulledabill Members Posts: 339 ✭✭
    I went through a ton of gloves before I revaluated my grip. Made a change and a glove lasts me a long time. Range sessions eat up gloves so I milk and repair gloces as long as I can for range gloves.
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,726 ✭✭
    Mainstream: Bionic Glove. Really good, but pricy.

If you want to go a little off the wall, try to find gloves made with kangaroo leather. They'll last forever. You'll lose them before you wear them out.
  • schlebrockschlebrock Members Posts: 1,548 ✭✭
    Bionic
    Ping G400 Max 10.5° | Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 569
    Ping G400 14.5° | Accra FX 2.0 200F
    Ping G400 19° & 22° | Alta CB 70
    Ping G410 5-UW | Nippon N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 105
    Titleist Vokey Raw 54°M & 58°K | KBS Tour 120
    Evnroll ER5 Hatchback Black

"Golf is assuredly a mystifying game. It would seem that if a person has hit a golf ball correctly a thousand times, he should be able to duplicate the performance at will. But such is certainly not the case." - Bobby Jones
  • Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members Posts: 968 ✭✭
    Foot joy with the grey pad for the heel of the hand weathersoft I think
    Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • jsnolandjsnoland Members Posts: 166 ✭✭
    As another poster alluded to, a proper grip will go a long way in keeping gloves intact. Personally, I was shredding gloves up when I first got back into the game after a long absence, and it turned out to be the result of gripping the club too much in my palm (I'm RH), and not enough in the fingers. Made the switch and have seen a difference in glove life.

That said, I've found the Titleist Perma Soft to be a great combination of feel and durability. The Players glove is great for feel but seems to wear very quickly, even with a sound grip. At least for me.
    Driver - Titleist TS3 10.5 (set to B1), Tour AD-IZ 7X
    3W - Titleist TS3 15 (set to C1), Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7X
    2I - TaylorMade P790 UDI 18*, HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5
    4I - PW - Mizuno JPX 900 Tour, Project X LZ 6.0 120
    Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy Forged (50.10, 54.10, 58.08), DG Tour Issue
    Putter - EVNROLL ER2.2
    TaylorMade TP5x
  • brownmbrownm x-ray doc Members Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Hirzl gloves are the best. Long lasting and great grip in hot humid conditions.
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 948 ✭✭
    Try one of these.

http://www.fit39.co.uk/
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Stiff Ping Tour 65
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
    Titleist 818 H1 19 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Bettinardi BB39
    Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
    JuCad X300
  • Double GeeDouble Gee Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    Without any doubt , none whatsoever, the Bionic glove is a formidable contender.

I use them as I've arthritic fingers and the padded grip is superb.

I play 4 times a week, every week and I rotate the 3 gloves I have. I'm now around 20 months in and all 3 gloves are fine...no holes, no shine, all seams intact.

I bought mine on Amazon at £15 for one.

By now I would have gone through at least 20 pairs of normal, thin £12 gloves

Don't delay, buy today.
  • andyk856andyk856 Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    I've switched from Titleist/footjoy to the under armour glove. They are cheaper and fit me better.
    Taylormade M5 / Tensei Orange 60 TX shaft
    Titleist 917F2 / Fujikura Pro XLR8 71 TS shaft
    Titleist 718 CB / Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist 712U 2 Iron / X 95 Graphite Design Tour AD UT
    Titleist SM6 52/08 wedge
    Titleist SM7 56/10 wedge
    Titleist SM6 60/08 wedge
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members Posts: 1,605 ✭✭
    I can get a whole year out of a Bionic playing a couple of times a week. The occasional wash helps
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Speedline Super LS
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Adams XTD 4-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • golfman2018golfman2018 Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I go to the range 1-2 times a week and use the FJ Weathersof for the range (durability & has palm pad - 2 of them and rotate) and the Taylormade Tour glove for out on the course (two of these which I rotate). All are still in great shape after 6 months.

HTH
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 948 ✭✭
    I’ve used this glove for the last handful of rounds and really like it. Very hard wearing. Japanese. You can buy them in the US too. Called a Fit39 EX. I’m very impressed, washable too and no signs of wear as yet.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Stiff Ping Tour 65
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
    Titleist 818 H1 19 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Bettinardi BB39
    Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
    JuCad X300
  • Bdog17Bdog17 Members Posts: 33 ✭✭
    For me the Foot Joy Tropicool https://www.footjoy.com.au/catalog/product/66184 use it put it through the washing machine and it comes up like brand new, have been using the same glove for nearly 12 months.
  • rbark11rbark11 Members Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Under Armour glove works great for me
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,633 ✭✭
    This is super weird but try the Black FJ Stasoft if your looking for leather that will hold up a little longer. Feels the same as the white, they have been lasting 3x longer though. My guess is whatever they did to color the glove made it hold up better. Sounds weird but I’ve tried 3 now with the same results.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • jcoltonjcolton Members Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I've tried a few different gloves and keep going back to the taylormade "Stratus Tech", previously called their "all weather" glove. For me they are the best I have found for the price.
  • okie21okie21 Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    swizbeatz wrote:

This is super weird but try the Black FJ Stasoft if your looking for leather that will hold up a little longer. Feels the same as the white, they have been lasting 3x longer though. My guess is whatever they did to color the glove made it hold up better. Sounds weird but I've tried 3 now with the same results.

Yes, I have found the exact same thing! They used to make a navy one, same thing there too.
    Titleist [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]917 D2 9.5 deg (Diamana White 70 S)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G400 17 deg (Oban Kiyoshi White 04)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 718 AP1s 4-GW (DG AMT White S300), 1 1/4" over with 1/4" intervals 8-9i and shorter[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 52 deg Jet Black (DG Onyx S400) [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM '09 56 deg tour chrome (DG Wedge flex)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 60 deg Jet Black (KBS C Taper Lite S) all wedges same length as GW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Newport 3, fresh from Custom Shop, std length and lie[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vice Pro Plus [/font]
  • bazinkybazinky Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭
    Just buy a bunch of MG golf gloves. Decent glove, and so cheap that you don't mind tossing 'em in the garbage if you go through 'em fast.
    Cobra LTD @10.5 - UST Elements Chrome 6F4
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5 @C1 (15.75) - MRC D+ Limited 80 S
    Callaway X2Hot Pro @20 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
    Callaway X2Hot Pro @23 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S or Ping i20 4i - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
    Ping i20 5i-UW - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
    Ping Glide 54 SS - CFS Wedge S - Blue Dot
    Ping Glide 58 ES - CFS Wedge S - Black Dot
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red Half-Sightline - 35"