ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Super stroke counterbalance or no?

entourage2entourage2 Advanced Members Posts: 257
What are the benefits of a counter balanced grip from super stroke on a 330g blade? Does it just keep you on path but you’ll sacrifice feel?

Better to go with weightless superstroke grip (regular grip)?

Comments

• roundersmittyroundersmitty Advanced Members Posts: 1,097 ✭✭
    IMO counterbalancing a 330g head would make the sw way too light. Would be good on slow green but difficult on fast greens
    2017 M1 10.5* Kuro Kage 60s
    Exotics 16.5* Exotics Fuji 72s
    Adams XTD ti 20* Red Tie S
    TM P770 4-P Steelfiber i95s
    TM MG 50*,56*,60* Steelfiber i95s
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
  • entourage2entourage2 Advanced Members Posts: 257

IMO counterbalancing a 330g head would make the sw way too light. Would be good on slow green but difficult on fast greens

Would you suggest just going with the regular superstroke grip? i do play on fast greens.
  • BiggErnBiggErn Advanced Members Posts: 1,984 ✭✭
    The counterbalanced grip comes with the weight or just the cap so you can get it and try it out with no worries. I doubt swingweight would be an issue and you may like the overall weight of the putter with the weight. If not just take the weight out and put the cap on. You don’t know how it’s gonna affect how you putt on any green unless you try it out first.
  • roundersmittyroundersmitty Advanced Members Posts: 1,097 ✭✭
    entourage2 wrote:

Would you suggest just going with the regular superstroke grip? i do play on fast greens.

I tried a 33" putter with a regular pingman grip and 50g weight in the butt and a 350g head and found the sw way too light for my liking on fast greens. You may like a totally different feel than i do. Takes experimenting with weight in butt and head to find a sweet spot that suits you. With a ss countercore you can always play around, and add/take away weight in head
    2017 M1 10.5* Kuro Kage 60s
    Exotics 16.5* Exotics Fuji 72s
    Adams XTD ti 20* Red Tie S
    TM P770 4-P Steelfiber i95s
    TM MG 50*,56*,60* Steelfiber i95s
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Advanced Members Posts: 1,950 ✭✭
    edited March 16
    If you have a pop-stroke or don't employ a lengthy stroke, counterweight even on light heads can work. I use this combo and nothing is better for me. As far as fast greens are concerned, I just lighten my grip pressure slightly and the "weighty" feel returns instantly. Going light has been the only way I can actually acclimate to both fast and slow greens with ease.

Give me a heavy putter on slow greens and watch me have a decent round, but then put me on 10+ stimp and watch me make a fool of myself. Lighter putters and less swingweight gives the user a little more feel and control over the head. It's overall less mechanical and more touch oriented.
    Ping G 10.5*, Fuji Pro 63-R 43"
    '16 M1 3w HL 17*, Xcon 7-S(untipped) 41"
    Ping Rapture 3i, AWT-R
    Ping G25 4-G, DG-R400
    Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400
    Byron DH89 Longneck 33" (or any of 10 4 other putters...)