ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Which of these courses would you recommend in Myrtle?

kftgolferkftgolfer Advanced Members Posts: 584 ✭✭
Doing a trip to Myrtle end of April. Playing 4 rounds at Barefoot and need one more course for final day. These are our choices:

Arrowhead

Legends Moorland

Prestwick

Long Bay

Which one would you recommend from a purely golf, layout, and condition standpoint?

Comments

• krtgolfingkrtgolfing Advanced Members Posts: 1,038 ✭✭
    1. Prestwick

2. Arrowhead

3. Long Bay

4. Legends Moorland
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
    Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
    Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
    Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Works Red #1W S
  • DancinDancin Advanced Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    I have no idea on conditions this year but assuming all are in good shape, Prestwick would be my choice out of those. None are as good as the barefoot courses though.
  • brianbriggs68brianbriggs68 Members Posts: 3
    I played Legends Moorland 3 weeks ago and it was in great shape. They replaced the greens from last year and they were rolling nice.
  • TK3TK3 TK3 Advanced Members Posts: 221
    Too bad you can't play

Caledonia Golf & Fish Club

Just an awesome experience.
    My set-up:
    Bag - Sun Mountain MPB
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX with Ping Alta CB 55 Stiff
    3 Wood - Ryoma F3
    Hybrid - Rocketballz 3 hybrid
    Irons - JDM Titleist VG3 4-PW irons with Nippon Modus 3 shafts
    Wedges - Ping Glide 50* / 54* / 58*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 33"
    Shoes - Nike Air Zoom Accurate
    Ball - Srixon Z Star
  • mkunes01mkunes01 Advanced Members Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Anyone here every stayed at Together Resorts in Myrtle? Starting to plan my bachelor party and considering one of their properties... They can apparently sleep up to 50!
  • ArtMBgolfArtMBgolf Advanced Members Posts: 354 ✭✭
    mkunes01 wrote:

Anyone here every stayed at Together Resorts in Myrtle? Starting to plan my bachelor party and considering one of their properties... They can apparently sleep up to 50!

I have heard of it, but never been there. Seeing a photo, it looked more like small rooms with a large meeting area.

I think it was designed more to host sports teams. I am not sure it has the luxury you might want from a normal hotel.
  • ArtMBgolfArtMBgolf Advanced Members Posts: 354 ✭✭
    kftgolfer wrote:

Doing a trip to Myrtle end of April. Playing 4 rounds at Barefoot and need one more course for final day. These are our choices:

Arrowhead

Legends Moorland

Prestwick

Long Bay

Which one would you recommend from a purely golf, layout, and condition standpoint?

There isn't a big difference in the level of these within MB. Prestwick is getting good reports on conditions with fast greens.

AH + Prestwick are close to the airport if time to flights is tight.

Long Bay is north if driving home right after golf, will cut drive time by about 40 minutes.

If not too late, you could put one of these first, since the BF courses are more premium.
  • BiggErnBiggErn Advanced Members Posts: 2,001 ✭✭
    Arrowhead is pretty nice. Nothing super special about the layout but the condition is usually very good. Not on your list is WildWing which was a pleasant surprise last year when we played. A cool, unique layout and good condition. We stayed at Barefoot last year but only played there the last day (Love course). Every course there was a mess from winterkill.
  • NJgolfer11NJgolfer11 Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Never played Long Bay.

Out of the other 3, I probably would choose Arrowhead. Every time I have played it, it has been in fantastic shape and very challenging.

Prestwick is excellent too, although the last time I played it, the conditions were just ok.
  • kftgolferkftgolfer Advanced Members Posts: 584 ✭✭
    Thanks to everyone. Went with Arrowhead. Seemed to be consistently in good shape and was looking for something close to airport.
  • ItsjustagameItsjustagame Advanced Members Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Green complexes at Prestwick are tough.

Arrowhead is very tight.

Moorland and Long Bay are tricked up.

You will like Arrowhead. Just take some yardage device with you and don't play overly aggressive golf off the tee.
    GBB Epic 10.5 Project X HZRDUS T800 55
    GBB Epic 5 wood
    XR 3/4/5 Hybrid
    Steelhead XR Pro 6-GW [font=effra, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UST Mamiya Recoil 95/110[/font]
    Mack Daddy 2 50,54,58
    Taylor Made 2 Ball Fang Slant
  • BiggErnBiggErn Advanced Members Posts: 2,001 ✭✭
    Arrowhead has some nice holes and is usually in really nice condition. Couple holes along the international waterway are cool. The draw back is how it cuts through residential areas but you’ll get that at the beach.