USPS anyone ship their sticks to a fitter?

BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,590 ✭✭

Anyone ship their sets to a fitter for seasonal adjustments and laundry list of wants? What services do you use?

AND , anyone have luck with printing USPS postage for golf club shipments to avoid the silly upcharging USPS reps?

Comments

• chungnjnchungnjn ClubWRX Posts: 105 ClubWRX

I'm also curious, I have to drive 2 hours to drop and another 2 to pickup

• goondawg goondawg RIP my buddy Members Posts: 1,947 ✭✭

I never use the counter clerk at USPS, FedEx or UPS. Print your label from any of the three from their website and just drop them off or arrange for pickup. As for who is best, I would use FedEx but everyone has their own good/bad experiences with each carrier.

• MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 327 ✭✭

I go to two different USPS locations to ship clubs that I've sold. I always purchase my postage beforehand, either through eBay or the USPS website, and stick it to the package. I like to drop it off with the clerk at the counter to scan because it will show up on the tracking immediately, plus you get a receipt. You can just leave it at their drop-off area, but it might not be scanned for a while. However, my experiences vary depending on the location.

My preferred location is what you would hope it would be. The guy takes my box, scans it, gives me a receipt. I hate the other location because the clerk at the counter ALWAYS questions whether I properly paid for the shipping and shakes her head like I'm trying to get one past her. She weighs the package and one time even got out the measuring tape. On one occasion, she told me that I had to re-purchase the postage because I was off by a pound. Turns out, I was at like 2 lbs 1 oz and had only paid for 1 lb, 15 oz. (Sidenote, do your weighing after you tape and add packaging materials) It was absurd.

So basically, your mileage may vary.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,590 ✭✭

I just saw a guy looking for a fitter all over our state. A good fitter is hard to find huh?