Bridgestone QC or by design?

bjp1 ·  
bjp1bjp1 SilkyJohns Creek, GAMembers  820WRX Points: 60Posts: 820 Golden Tee
I have a set of J36CB Black irons that I've played for most of the past season. I considered reshafting them, just to match a playing partners set that I hit really well. When I had him pull the 6i shaft to reshaft the iron, we found that the shaft was not installed all the way, but had a plug that left the install about .25" shortshafted. I didn't bother to check the others quite frankly because the shafts actually play very well for me.

I have DGSL300 installed from the factory. Is it possible this is by design, or likely a QC issue? I haven't called Bridgestone yet to ask, thought I'd check with the WRXperts.

Brian
Posted:
Mizuno JPX-900 w/Fuji Speeder 661 Evolution IV S
Titleist 818H1 & H2 17*, 20*, 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex CF19 5-AW w/Elevate 95S 
Ping Glide 3.0 54* & 60*
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball Fang 38"

Comments

• anthanth From the Land Down Under Members  2793WRX Points: 211Handicap: 4Posts: 2,793 Titanium Tees
    the plug may have been for weighting purposes???
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • desailledesaille Members  1751WRX Points: 166Posts: 1,751 Platinum Tees
    plug?

Should be a brass tip weight, roughly 1/8" 1/4"

Pending shaft you're sticking in, you might need tip weights might not
    Posted:
  • goondawg goondawg RIP my buddy Members  1979WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,979 Platinum Tees
    desaille wrote on Dec 23 2009, 03:18 AM:
    plug?

Should be a brass tip weight, roughly 1/8" 1/4"

Pending shaft you're sticking in, you might need tip weights might not

This is what it sounds like you found sticking out of the shaft or still in the hosel
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.