2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Warrior Custom Golf Scam?

gmcg

Hi all, this is my first post. Just joined this evening after a lot of research over the past few hours after buying into a possible new Warrior Custom Golf scam?

Here is how it went down. We (my father and me) had just gotten home from golf, imagine that I know. In the mail was a post card from Warrior Custom Golf about "testing" a new 19* hybrid for just the cost of s/h. Without much thought we called. Now my father had Warrior irons years ago and they weren't great but not bad either for a hacker like he is (he admits it to everyone, so I'm not being mean). Anyway we got to talking and in the process I asked about other "testing" that they might have. I'm in the market for a new driver; playing a X-Speed with a POS Harrison 2.5 shaft that I've had since I was a senior in high school. Figured what they hell, free driver maybe? He came back saying he would give me a "deal" for $169.00 with a 45 day full money back guarantee plus a copy version of the new Odyssey mallet putter. Think it is the black series but I'm not positive since I'm not a big fan and don't know much of what Odyssey offers. So I went with the Warrior Extreme 9* with a 48" X-Stiff/High Kick shaft.

After doing this I started doing research which has lead me to this post..........

1) What kind of things, if this is a scam, should I be on the look out for?

2) Their BBB rating is an F according to my research, what are they doing to deserve that?

3) Is the Extreme driver any good? No reviews found. I'm a collegiate golfer looking to get back yards (about 20-25) that I've lost when I sold my long-drive spec'd Cobra (not my current one) last year.

Sorry if this topic is elsewhere, I couldn't find anything referencing this hybrid deal though.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several posts on this site about Warrior products.
Not to offend you...but there are sooooo many top shelf products for the same or less that you spent on your Warrior driver. Just about every golfer that has dealt with them has had the urge to go hit themselves in the head with a hammer.

Why even go down that road?:russian_roulette:

[quote name='SpinMill75' timestamp='1309227903' post='3340824']
Not to offend you...but there are sooooo many top shelf products for the same or less that you spent on your Warrior driver. Just about every golfer that has dealt with them has had the urge to go hit themselves in the head with a hammer.
[/quote]
I personally haven't liked any driver that has come out in the past two years+ except for maybe the Adams Speedline 9064LS or the R11 if I can get it at a PUD price. I used to love Cobra (obviously) because of the deep faces, plus I dabbled in long drive, but now they are only coming out with shallow/elliptical faces. Figured I'd give it a shot with the 45 day deal though since it had a deeper face then most on the market now IMO. Should it go back right away?

Do you think an "F" in the BBB is a clue to the company?

Found that out afterwards black%20eye.gif

I saw a post somewhere that someone caved in the face of another Warrior product after their first few hits. I can get the 9064LS (8* which is what I really want) for $35.00 more minus the 48" shaft. Guess it should go back ASAP then?

[quote name='Redsoxfan' timestamp='1309230258' post='3340959']
The real game begins when you try to get your money back. Send it back and call your credit card company before to much time passes to file a claim. Do you think an "F" in the BBB is a clue to the company?
[/quote]

+1...I know of three people who bought from them under a trial offer . It had a club (s) included that you could keep for free even if you wanted to send the other clubs back. The one guy sent the iron set back he tried and kept the free wedges. He got nothing but grief from them over sending them back and trying to get the charges for the iron set off his credit card or the later charges for the free wedges off his credit card. . It took him a while to get it all straightened out. The other two bought drivers with woods and free hybrids. When the tried to send them back they refused to take them back. One of those guys have been playing them for yrs. since he got stuck with them. I wouldn't call them junk but you could do alot better for the same price point. The guy that still plays them later on bought a goodie bag from them. Not sure of the exact details .It went something like $500 worth of stuff for around 29.95 plus shipping. He was charged for it then he never received anything. It took him around 6 months to get it all straighten out ( because they kept stringing him alone) and finally get a refund.

There was a long thread about Warrior Golf about 3-4 years ago on this site. Not sure if it is archived....Some of the posters' experience were downright scary when it came to unauthorized charges, getting money back, getting clubs that they were promised, etc.

Don't have any personal experiences to share, just remember reading that.

Do you think an "F" in the BBB is a clue to the company?

Found that out afterwards black%20eye.gif

I saw a post somewhere that someone caved in the face of another Warrior product after their first few hits. I can get the 9064LS (8* which is what I really want) for $35.00 more minus the 48" shaft. Guess it should go back ASAP then?

Just curious to know if you have looked into Krank Golf. My Father-in-Law has several of there drivers and woods and I'm just throwing this our there because if you get them on the phone you can get them to come waaay down sometimes on the prices. They have some pretty good shafts and the FIL has received several free shafst from them as a throw in because he's a return customer. Now if he could just hit one fairway I might be a customer myself, lol. I did an online fitting with them once, put all my info in and I get email deals from them all the time.

• 2 years later...

Even though I said I would make a decision on the clubs after I tried them out, the salesman said the purchase was "final" because he reduced the price. He has me on tape saying I, in essence, I would not make a decision to purchase the clubs until I tried them out, but he he said the purchase was final anyway. After I tried out the clubs, I called him and said I was returning them because they had a "built in slice" and they did not go nearly as far as my four-year old Cobra hybrids. I told the salesman I was returning the clubs. I even offered to give them the tracking number. He did not tell me not to return them. Nevertheless, they refused delivery and UPS returned them to me. Now I'm out several hundred dollars because of a fast talking, unscrupulous salesman.
My bank says they cannot help me get my money back because Warrior "did not receive the clubs" and they did not say I was "allowed" to return them.

[quote name='jmalpass' timestamp='1391635473' post='8605445']
Even though I said I would make a decision on the clubs after I tried them out, the salesman said the purchase was "final" because he reduced the price. He has me on tape saying I, in essence, I would not make a decision to purchase the clubs until I tried them out, but he he said the purchase was final anyway. After I tried out the clubs, I called him and said I was returning them because they had a "built in slice" and they did not go nearly as far as my four-year old Cobra hybrids. I told the salesman I was returning the clubs. I even offered to give them the tracking number. He did not tell me not to return them. Nevertheless, they refused delivery and UPS returned them to me. Now I'm out several hundred dollars because of a fast talking, unscrupulous salesman.
My bank says they cannot help me get my money back because Warrior "did not receive the clubs" and they did not say I was "allowed" to return them.
[/quote]

I think their track record says all any court would need to see. It might not be worth your time, but filing a small claim might not be the worst option. Id be willing to bet that they'd call you up and allow a refund as soon as they got the summons. Have them throw in your court fees and shipping costs and it might not be a bad option.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

There are so many better quality clubs that you can get for a better price. Incepta.ca is a long drive forum where you can buy loads of LD equipment for next to nothing. And they are all from reputable brands that won't call you for years after you tell them to stop. I, like others, did the free hybrid thing about 5 years ago and they still call. Club was garbage and was given away with some other old stuff to goodwill. I told them all I use are X stiff shafts and they sent me the flimsiest R flex shaft in the heaviest hybrid head I have ever used. Just glad I put together my own clubs now.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2
Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Proto

Adams Super LS 19* W/ Kuro Kage 80
Royal Collection Tour VS 5-PW W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
Taylormade RAC Satin 50 + 54 W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
MaxFli CrossBax 3.0 (#9 Style)
Bag - Honma Mini Staff
Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1391747958' post='8614181']
What was that alleged PT Barnum saying?
[/quote]

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Jumbo, the largest elephant in the world!!" ?

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

Run away from Warrior golf as fast as you can. Good luck in getting your money back, I can't imagine the grief they will give you when you call for the RA number.

I got 3 "free" wedges 12 years ago. I've moved 5 times since then, but they somehow keep finding me, and continually send me postcards with new offers. If saddam or bin laden had bought a wedge from them, they would've been found 10 years earlier.

Re Krank

My twin just got two great clubs from them at a solid price. A Driver and FWY wood. Custom shafts, length, loft, swingweight, head weights etc. TOP NOTCH

Great service through and through

Re WARRIOR. don't accept the club you ordered when it arrives and notify your c card co ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Who restarted this 3 year old thread?

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

They advertise fairly frequently on The Golf Channel which really surprises me. I guess TGC just takes the money of whoever wishes to advertise and doesn't really check into their business practices.

I can definitely see how people would fall for the ad I saw. "We developed this new wedge and need some real golfers to test it out. You just pay shipping and customization, tell us how you liked it, and it is yours." And the ad went on to say "Ask your sales staff member about our other wedges to see if you might qualify."

The saddest thing is that if their product is halfway decent they could probably make a good name for themselves. But as it stands any search online nets (pun intended of course) lots of negative results that clearly show a business with a track record of less than honest transactions.

Too many other places to get good quality golf equipment without having to worry about the "upsell" or the company using your CC number at their leisure to send you more products that you ever really intended on buying.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I don't know that new gunmetal wedge set they are advertising looks pretty sweet, and they seem to stand on the premise it will make my Fourteen wedge look like garbage in comparison. I'm trying very hard to keep from dialing there number as we speak, but alas I am still on hold with Jack Hamm trying to get my new Hammer here before the next round. Now if I could just get Natalie to come Winn grip me it would be a wonderful day. I almost forgot I need to order my overspin putter as well, it is gonna be a long day.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

[quote name='damnorcross' timestamp='1391801961' post='8617855']
Run away from Warrior golf as fast as you can. Good luck in getting your money back, I can't imagine the grief they will give you when you call for the RA number.

I got 3 "free" wedges 12 years ago. I've moved 5 times since then, but they somehow keep finding me, and continually send me postcards with new offers. [b] If saddam or bin laden had bought a wedge from them, they would've been found 10 years earlier.[/b]
[/quote]

This right here is quite possibly the funniest thing I have read on GolfWrx since I joined in 2005!!

[quote name='SeekonkHolen1' timestamp='1392169972' post='8648617']
[quote name='damnorcross' timestamp='1391801961' post='8617855']

I got 3 "free" wedges 12 years ago. I've moved 5 times since then, but they somehow keep finding me, and continually send me postcards with new offers. [b] If saddam or bin laden had bought a wedge from them, they would've been found 10 years earlier.[/b]
[/quote]

This right here is quite possibly the funniest thing I have read on GolfWrx since I joined in 2005!!
[/quote]

Thanks! Warrior Golf just makes me angry with their scams. Can't believe I ever fell for it!

• 4 weeks later...

In early February I received an email offer for a "Complete Set Of Irons" from Warrior Custom Golf. I was somewhat familiar with the product and the company's somewhat tainted reputation for their marketing techniques. "What the hell" I thought, I'll call and check them out. Once on the phone with a Warrior sales rep I learned that the complete set was a complete set of wedges and I would only get them if I would agree to test play their irons. I was told I had to pay $399 for the irons which would be refunded promptly if I didn't like the clubs. I told the rep I would have to chew on that for a day or two. The rep asked me for my phone number and I foolishly gave it. The next day he called me and asked if I was ready to pull the trigger and get custom fitted for "The best clubs you'll ever play". (As an aside, their "Custom Fitting" consists of asking you your age, weight, height, inseam, how far you hit a driver and do you draw or fade). I told him that I had done some research in the last 24 hours on the company and I just wasn't comfortable. He sweetened the deal by throwing in a driver, 3 wood and 19 degree hybrid. I bit and gave him my credit card number which they hit in about fifteen minutes for the aforementioned $399.00.

Yesterday was 4 weeks since I ordered the clubs and I called to get a status update. I was told the irons and wedges would be delivered in the next two weeks. I asked "What about the woods and hybrid?" I was told that the deal was that if I liked the irons and agreed to keep them, the additional three clubs would be shipped to me. This was not part of the agreement I had made. I was told that they would agree to send the woods and hybrid with the irons if I agreed to a 'final sale'; in other words I would have no recourse if I didn't like the clubs.

I cancelled the entire deal and now I have to get my credit card company involved. What a waste of time and effort. I really would have liked to try their clubs out but I'm not going to put up with tactics like this.
This afternoon I am doing what I should have done in the first place; go to a reputable local retailer and get fitted for a legitimate set of clubs.