G.ReviewG.Review Members Posts: 533 ✭✭
What do you think?

Comments

• BarronDDSBarronDDS Members Posts: 901 ✭✭
    Love mine!
  • silver77silver77 Members Posts: 519
    I am wondering about this too
  • 2zlinks2zlinks Members Posts: 1,429 ✭✭
    Great aid that makes getting loose really easy. Also helps to promote good tempo. Great idea- great product.
  • serveitup911serveitup911 Members Posts: 532
    It will help you smooth out your transition if you have a fast one, because you have to wait for the whip to flex back before you begin your downswing. Its heavy weight helps train flexibility and strength of the golf swinging muscles as well.

I think it's a good product.
    TaylorMade M1 10.5 Mitsubishi Kuro Kage TiNi 60 S
    Ping Original Rapture 3 Wood 14 degree UST ProForce V2 67 S
    Ping G 5 Wood 17.5 degree Tour 80 S
    Adams Super LS XTD hybrid 22 degree GD Tour AD-DI 95 S
    Ping G 5-PW, UW, SW DG S300 (5 & 6 have ZZ-65 w/ Cushin)
    Ping Glide 58 degree Wide Sole lob combo grind DG S300
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 putter
    0.7 index
  • SLB_GolferSLB_Golfer Members Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Love mine, great for loosening up and for creating a feeling for lag.
  • silver77silver77 Members Posts: 519
    Will it help the swing be more fluid compared to mechanical?
  • mccjudmccjud Members Posts: 487 ✭✭
    I think its a pretty great product... I played with Mike, who is responsible for Orange Whip Sales and he has some great insights about the advantages it provides. Also, couldn't be a nicer guy!
  • bsb70x7bsb70x7 bsb70x7 Members Posts: 292 ✭✭
    I bought the Orange Peel with the Orange Whip. The whip is cool, the Peel is really helping stop my "sliding" and swaying. Together they are awesome.
  • LeftHandLeadsLeftHandLeads Posts: 89 ✭✭
    bsb70x7 wrote:

I bought the Orange Peel with the Orange Whip. The whip is cool, the Peel is really helping stop my "sliding" and swaying. Together they are awesome.

Thanks for the post. I have the Orange Whip and probably haven't used it enough. Do you use yours on a daily basis? I also wasn't even aware of the Orange Peel, but I looked at the website and it looks interesting. I have a swaying problem that comes back from time to time, so if the Peel helps that, I would be very interested.
  • golferlairdgolferlaird Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    The Orange Whip really is a big hit at my club! Have had a number of people buy one after swinging mine for a few minutes. It works. Try it.

• SnodorkSnodork Members Posts: 471 ✭✭
    I've got one. I had about a 5yr layoff from golf (kids/marriage/life) and now i'm back into it.

My long irons/woods and drivers suffered the most from the layoff. The orange whip slowed me down during my swing, flattened it out and instilled a good tempo overall.

Its also great to visually see your swing path through the hitting area. I laid down a strip of blue painters tape when i first got it and practiced away...i could immediately see i was cutting across the hitting area producing unpredictable shots.

Great trainer as well...its great with flexibility and stretching.

A+ from me image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Anyone got any suggestions on whether to go for the Trainer or the Golden variant?

Was thinking about the Golden as then seemed better suited to me for mid irons but could also be used by my better half as similiar to her driver.

Cheers
  • reywalwenreywalwen Members Posts: 68
    silver77 wrote:

Will it help the swing be more fluid compared to mechanical?

This is definitely a more "feel" than "mechanical" type of a training aid. I love mine for this reason - it's NOT like a Medicus. It will not necessarily help you find and stay on the right swing plane, but it is great for warming up, transition and tempo training. I only have the Orange whip but am considering getting the Orange peel also. I rated it a 4.
  • sod1102sod1102 Members Posts: 3
    I absolutely love mine. My swing was all over the place having not played much in the past several years, and this helped me with my balance, turn, plane, and got rid of my casting problem too. Pretty much a magic wand! I went from a terrible weak slice with my driver to bombing it down the middle after just a week with this thing. Knocked literally 6-8 strokes off my game. Bought one for my old man as well. Hopefully it will help him with his flexibility.
  • bsb70x7bsb70x7 bsb70x7 Members Posts: 292 ✭✭

bsb70x7 wrote:

Thanks for the post. I have the Orange Whip and probably haven't used it enough. Do you use yours on a daily basis? I also wasn't even aware of the Orange Peel, but I looked at the website and it looks interesting. I have a swaying problem that comes back from time to time, so if the Peel helps that, I would be very interested.

Sorry, fell asleep at the switch on this one. yes, I use daily and yest it helps inhibit my swaying. Well worth the $$.
  • TrockTrock Members Posts: 114
    A little late to the party...but been using it for a couple of years and it's great. Great for flexibility and tempo and I think has been key for me finding the fairway and green.
  • Good warm up tool when used properly
  • rodiggsrodiggs Posts: 89
    I recently tried swinging this again, been in my garage. Not sure if it helps or not. Will give it another go
  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,623 ✭✭
    The creator of this thing was at Miles of Golf the other day. Pretty cool to see. I have never swung one. Might get one for the winter.
    Cobra F9 - Atmos TS Black 6x
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    718 TMB 19* - DG AMT White s300
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • Mikeymeg11Mikeymeg11 Members Posts: 36

The creator of this thing was at Miles of Golf the other day. Pretty cool to see. I have never swung one. Might get one for the winter.
    Same here I bought one in May and my buddy kept it in his bag and loved it. He would bring it when we played and we'd use it to warm up before playing. I recently took it back and plan on using it this winter to stay flexible and improve tempo, my goal is (100) swings a day out in the garage.
    Ping G30 LS 10.5* Tour 65 Stiff
    Callaway XR 3 Deep
    Callaway XR 5 Wood
    Ping G30 4-AW
    Ping I10 SW
    Ping Anser2
  • Orange HogOrange Hog Members Posts: 357 ✭✭
    I picked one up a few months ago and it's now a permanent placement in the bag. Love using this before I warm up on the range. Even use this at home while watching TV.
  • nitramnitram Take Dead Aim Members Posts: 5,177 ✭✭
    Great trainer, especially to teach someone to "swing" instead of hit. This and the Matzie ASSIST are the best ones I've handled.
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra Tour-Z RPG 352
    TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
    PING S55 4-W DGTI X100
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50SS, 56SS, & 60ES DGTI S400
    Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0
  • I have heard a lot about this thing but I am always skeptical of stuff like this. Is actually worth the buy?
  • hockeymonkeyhockeymonkey Members Posts: 3
    This is an awesome tool. I haven't purchased many swing trainers but this thing is great for warming up and has helped me create a very smooth tempo with my swing! Highly recommend!!
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping I25 9*[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Cobra Bio Cell+ 15.5*[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Adams Speedline F11 18*[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Cobra Baffler T-Rail+ 19*[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Mizuno JPX825 Pro 4-G[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Cleveland CG15 52*, 56*, 60*[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Odyssey Black Series #2[/font]
  • Lots of great reviews, so I tried one out. I guess it will help with tempo, but gets just an "OK" from me. The cheaper SKLZ trainer doesn't have the back weight on the grip, but is otherwise similar.
  • byoshio82byoshio82 ClubWRX Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Good for warming up but I think I’d rather put the speedsticks in the bag instead.
    WITB 8/31/2018
    TaylorMade M3 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X Black
    Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogie Black 80X - Testing Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X Black
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X Driving Iron Shaft
    TaylorMade P790 4-7 KBS $-Taper Black 130X + 3/4”
    TaylorMade P770 8-9 KBS $-Taper Black 130X + 3/4”
    Titleist SM7's 46* 50* 54* 58* S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx +1/4"
    Golf Pride + 4’s with 3 total wraps
    TaylorMade TP Soto 34” with Super Stroke Pistol GTR 2.0 - Testing TaylorMade Spider Mini Silver 35"
  • Stogie367Stogie367 Members Posts: 15
    Great training aid to get those winter reps in to make part of your training routine. I love mine and use it daily or whenever I get that itch. It's not a replacement but if used appropriately as part of your routine a great supplemental aid. My is not the orange whip brand.
    Fine Cigars, Scotch, and good friends are always at the 19th hole!

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Big Bertha Driver, Callaway Steelheads Irons, and Callaway Mack daddy wedges, Taylormade Spider[/font]
  • dougfarrardougfarrar Members Posts: 2
    I use it with my junior golfer daughter. (Cut shorter). It has really grooved her swing to be on plane and a good tempo
  • dcfasdcfas Tempus Fugit Posts: 857 ✭✭
    The whip has a dedicated sleeve in my bag. Tempo is the key element it helps to improve. Expensive, though.
  • PIJoePIJoe Members Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I've got a SKLZ trainer which is sort of similar and LOVE it.
    Cobra King LTD Aldila Rogue Black 60 S ~or~ Titleist 905R Aldila NV green S
    Cobra F6 3-4 Fairway Matrix Red Tie 65Q4 S
    Cobra F7 Baffler Fairway / Matrix Red Tie 65Q4 S
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-PW / KBS Tour S
    Vokey SM6's: 50/12 F; 54/14 F KBS Tour S
    Vokey SM6's: 58/12 K; 62/08 M / KBS 610 Wedge S
    Current Gamer: Odyssey WH Pro 2.0 #1 Black (or Wilson 8802 Milled depending on my friskiness :lol:)
    Bridgestone Tour B RXS balls

Now trying Golf Pride TV Align grips

Shelf Putters:
    Odyssey WH Pro 2.0 V-Line Black; Acushnet Bullseye; SeeMore FGP Bronze; SeeMore X2 Corona Del Mar
    Nike Method 005; Odyssey Dual Force 550; Ram Zebra; Cleveland HB 1, HB 2, HB 4;