2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Hawaii GolfWRX'ers Hale Wala'au

pitbull808

let's talk story.....
Okay...I figured it was time to start this room up for the bruddah's of the 808. For the "malahine's" (visitor's) of our Hawaii room...."Wala'au" is talk story..."hale" is house...sooo..Hale Wala'au....house to talk story. Our own 19th hole to shoot the bull in.

Well it was like a Hawaii GolfWRX meet and greet today at Par Golf 72. Carl was the host....who actually didn't invite anyone but we all showed up anyways. :drinks:

Present was Carl (he had no choice but to be there)....Me...Russ/pm hacker, Tony/Xsfspeed, Tracy/tracys and Tracy's friend Chuck who I'm not sure is a member here or not.. Nice talking story with you guys. Stop trying to get me to buy stuff! I do fine without any help! :cheesy:

When I was there earlier...(yeah..I was there twice) another guy who I'm pretty sure is a member here too....dnagata was there checking out the ON OFF Driver. dnagata...that driver is awesome! Little small for me since I've been using all the big heads but that sucker goes far with the right shaft.

By the way...how bout those freeking Warriors. Good to "hear" they kicked New Mexico's butt. I'd say see but those tight buggers don't let us watch unless it's pay-per-view! Now I'll be forced to go to the watering holes after work to watch the replay on K-5. :D

ALOHA! :wave:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i sold something before to dnagata before on ebay!

well anyways i played today at new ewa so i didnt stop by. i got invited to play with my boss' club. the winner claimed to be a 32 handi and shot a 81! WTF?? i was only allowed to play the greenies but if i lost to that guy i woulda been pissed. needless to say that the people i was playing with werent to happy. sandbaggers i tell ya!

well i was watching the hawaii game at a friends house (cause i sure as hell wont order it for 50 bucks!) it was a solid game, was kinda close until the 4th.

It was great to see some of my fellow WRX Hawaii Chapter Members all in one place. :drinks: What better place to meet...at a golf repair/store. Thanks to our gracious host Carl...like he had any choice at all :wave: Well, it would be a lot better if we all could get together on the golf course for an outing. Personally, I would like to see a golf outing happen before the end of the year. If you guys are game...PM me or Reid if you're interested and your availablility. I'll get this thng into high gear. :cheesy:

Well, I'd definitely be down for a golf outing. I'm free monday's now. But as for the UH game, it is ridiculous to have to pay to watch live, but it's even more ridiculous that I'm one of the people who paid for the Season Pass thing on Digital cable and I don't get to watch one game! I have to work Saturday's now and I'm screwed :drinks: . My dad gets to watch it though, so it's not going to waste, but my last cable bill was almost $500 total because they finally billed me for the stupid thing, plus roadrunner, plus the phone bill. This really crimps my golf hoing ability.

Ah, but at least UH is winning this year and Colt Brennan's legit. Now back to watching the replay of the game that I paid $500 to not watch live. :cheesy:

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

I would like to say that I was surprised to see you guys there...but you know it was inevitable that the 808 club ho's would run into each other at a golf shop. :) Nice to meet all of you in person, it was fun.

Thanks to Carl for "hosting" the event. Also for the work he did on my entire bag this past week. And that is not a joke, he actually worked on just about every club that is currently in my bag. Well, there go all of my excuses... :cheesy: Now if I shoot a bad round, I will actually have to take responsibility. :drinks:

I think an outing would be fun, as long as you guys promise not to laugh at my golf game! I am not a 32 handicap, but more like a 27 or 28 :D ! How many strokes are you gonna give me? :wave:

I would like to say that I was surprised to see you guys there...but you know it was inevitable that the 808 club ho's would run into each other at a golf shop. :smilie_titty: Nice to meet all of you in person, it was fun.

Thanks to Carl for "hosting" the event. Also for the work he did on my entire bag this past week. And that is not a joke, he actually worked on just about every club that is currently in my bag. Well, there go all of my excuses... :cheesy: Now if I shoot a bad round, I will actually have to take responsibility. :drinks:

I think an outing would be fun, as long as you guys promise not to laugh at my golf game! I am not a 32 handicap, but more like a 27 or 28 :D ! How many strokes are you gonna give me? :wave:

Yup Tony....it was inevitable that we'd either meet up there or at Roots like I met Dwight. :D

Hmmm....so you're a 27/28....okay then that would make me at least a 29! :)

Yup Tony....it was inevitable that we'd either meet up there or at Roots like I met Dwight. :drinks:

Hmmm....so you're a 27/28....okay then that would make me at least a 29! :wave:

:cheesy: ahh yes, i remember that day. i wonder what ever happened to the s-yard putter? it was still dissapointing that it had dings in it! but i guess someone didnt mind it.

Hmmm....so you're a 27/28....okay then that would make me at least a 29! :cheesy:

:D Maybe if you putt lefty; while blindfoldedl! :wave:

Come on Tony...I use a different putter every round I go out! That should account for at least a stroke a hole! :drinks:

Hmmm....so you're a 27/28....okay then that would make me at least a 29! :wave:

:) Maybe if you putt lefty; while blindfoldedl! :D

Come on Tony...I use a different putter every round I go out! That should account for at least a stroke a hole! :drinks:

Face it Reid, you are the one person I know who could actually use a different putter on every hole and still have choices! :cheesy: I use a different driver every round, so we might just be even :D .

Face it Reid, you are the one person I know who could actually use a different putter on every hole and still have choices! :cheesy: I use a different driver every round, so we might just be even :D .

Okay, okay...you've got a point there about your driver revolving door. We'll just agree to be 25 caps. You ready for us Dwight??!! :drinks: :wave:

Face it Reid, you are the one person I know who could actually use a different putter on every hole and still have choices! :cheesy: I use a different driver every round, so we might just be even :) .

Okay, okay...you've got a point there about your driver revolving door. We'll just agree to be 25 caps. You ready for us Dwight??!! :drinks: :wave:

:D wait a minute here. let me get this staright, if you guys are 25's just because the frequent change of equipment, someone loan me a few putters and drivers then i can be a 35! :D

PITBULL.......come on over to the VISOR SIDE of the Force!!!!!!! :ok: :) :pimp:

PITBULL.......come on over to the VISOR SIDE of the Force!!!!!!! :ok: :smilie_titty::smilie_titty:

:smilie_titty: For those who don't know....three of the four guys today were wearing visor's while I had my usual black Nike hat. They want me to join their "visor club" but my hair sticks straight up in the morning. I'd look like a wana-head! To appease their teasing...I did pick up a black Nike visor. Don't know if I'll use it, but it's available. :hi:

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! REID IS VISOR-MAN!!!! :smilie_titty:

This is a funny topic. I am a visor-man myself and own a bunch of them, but until recently, I had a collection of baseball (golf) caps that would rival Reid's putter collection! I think I had a bit more than 120 of them! Fortunately, I have whittled them down to about 20 or so by giving them to charity and selling them on eBay. You know the drill. Titleist in black, red, blue, tan, and green. Callaway in black, orange, and red. Nike in 3 shades of blue, 6 in black, red, green, and tan. Etc, etc, etc. You get the idea.

I have been a Couples fan since I was in High School, and he was a visor guy, so I am too! Welcome to the Visor-side Reid! :yahoo:

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I am surprised you guys can even hit the ball! I think I would be laughing too hard. :smilie_titty:

Okay...since we were running away from the topic on this one, I figured I'd take it here to this room.

SOoooo...Holy Crap Tony..that's a lot of hats. I've always been purely Nike with the shirts, hats, and shoes. Only recently did I pick up some Oakley's and Paradiso's because they were on sale. Small kine "pake" style too! Anyways...I've got all the Nike white swoosh, black swoosh, white TW, Black TW, fatigued Nike. Just recently picked up a TS hat finally from Carl. I've alway been "hat man" but I'm falling for peer pressure on this one. :D Sean started it all with his "visor man" thing picking up a new one everywhere he went. Russ is now telling me to pick up a TS visor but I don't think my melon will fit it!

And you're right..we had a blast...as usual. Even if we're playing lousy we always leave with a bunch of stories to crack everyone up at work about the day's "adventure". :smilie_titty:

Russ is now telling me to pick up a TS visor but I don't think my melon will fit it!

And you're right..we had a blast...as usual. Even if we're playing lousy we always leave with a bunch of stories to crack everyone up at work about the day's "adventure". :)

Just so happens that I have one of those TS visors in my arsenal too! :smilie_titty: Speaking of adventures, I am sure there is never a dull moment with you guys.

Hopefully, I will find some time to play/practice in the next week or so. I am heading off to meet some friends and play golf in the Valley of the Sun. I have to redeem myself, since I think I shot 90 something every round during last years trip. I have to win some of my money back this time. Good thing Carl has tuned up all of my stuff. I got a little something-something for my boys this time! :pimp: Heh Heh!

Tony...Russ, Sean and I are going to Maui next month on election day. Russ got us all on that $19 Hawaiian Air flight. Fly up...golf...eat....play tourist and then fly right back. :smilie_titty:

Reid, I am sure you guys will have a blast. Can't beat those airfares, great job Russ. Enjoy the trip and make sure you guys tell me all about.

Are you guys following the 808 golf forum? All this talk about tournament sandbagging is getting pretty heated. Its kinda funny to me that half the guys complaining don't even play tournament golf. Its like we have the handicap ghestapo here in Hawaii

Haven't been following the 808 forum, but I can imagine that it is a big deal. Golf and bowling are really the only sports that give everyone a public indicator of how good people are supposed to be. The basketball and pool hustle have been going on for a long time. I guess the difference is that golf is supposed to be a gentleman's game, but people lie about their handicap all the time. For the record, I was only playing around with the guys in here, as I have an actual USGA handicap (yes, it's lower than 22! :pimp: ) that I would be happy to present if we did play. In addition, I wouldn't even care if we bet at our Golf WRX outing. Still, other people feel the need to perpetuate the fraud of inflating handicaps for material gain. Many of them do not include all of their score, they dump when they have no chance of winning in their club plays, and some have gone so far as to send in false cards with inflated scores to create a fictitious handicap.

I don't play in too many stroke play tournaments, but I have played in a few. I have also played in a ton of scrambles, best balls, and other variants as well. Kinda funny to me how a scratch player playing with a 28 and a 32 handicap can shoot a net 49! :smilie_titty: In most cases, I have not encountered too many real cheats. I have seen a guy go way under handicap for one round, but he usually comes back to earth during the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round, depending on how many you play. Then I again, I have also gone low on a round before as well. The problem is that if you see the same 18 handcapper repeatedly shoot 74 on some pretty tough tracks, you know something just isn't right. :) Anyway, it is sadly a part of the game and you just deal with it I guess. Personally, if there are some tournaments that I feel this is a huge problem in, I just don't enter, or I play knowing that I will need the round of a lifetime just to be close.

But hey, we all sandbag a little don't we? So c'mon guys, how about giving me 22 strokes? :smilie_titty::smilie_titty:

Don..I've peeked in and out of the 808Golf forum and you're right...some of those guys spend more time looking up each other's handicaps then worrying about their own. It is amazing how some guys get away with the cap's they enter tourneys with though. Especially in Hawaii where everyone know's everyone or someone who know's you, it's a little difficult to stay under the radar.

I used to be very competitive but that was over twenty years ago. Which is the bad thing. A lot of people don't realize I have a real job and don't play every day like I used to so I'm definitely not going to shoot consistent scores as I once did. They all expect me to still pound out drives but I'm an old fart now. :smilie_titty: Just playing Hickam the other day, my friend Brian and I were laughing how when we were younger playing with persimmon's our drives were about ten yards longer on some holes. I remember going in with a wedge on the 18th but yesterday after what I thought was a good drive had me going in with a 8 iron. :pimp:

As for my cap....I can go under as fast as I can go over...but I still won't give Tony 22...unless he gives me a 23 :) Just kidding...I'll pull out my USGA card anytime it needs to be proven. :smilie_titty:

Anyways...off to go tweak some clubs. Anyone going to be in the Diamond Head area today? :smilie_titty: