Post your Goodwill / Thrift store finds (NO BuySellTrade POSTS)

Comments

• radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,638 ✭✭
    edited Nov 7, 2018 #1712

hoosier84 wrote:

Hit several Goodwills north of Indy yesterday with the wife and came away with a Ping Pal putter, a couple Callaway X-Tour forged long irons and a swing trainer.

The Callaways are in good shape but label listing the flex is gone. Does show they're True Temper and do feel stiff.

Is this kind of swing trainer helpful?

Goodwill%20haul.jpg

I don't mean this to be rude but what do you do with the irons and driver?

I swear the X Tours were ahead of their time. Correct me if I am wrong, but, these were Callaway's first forged offering. Heck, it seemed like the first iron they released that looked like a classic iron. I had to have them the first time I saw them. I found them to be extremely playable. I can't even remember what I replaced them with. They hold a special spot in my heart as a time where I really started to take my game seriously and attempting to improve.

They could be blended in with a more demanding set of clubs.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • jli2636jli2636 Members Posts: 1,035 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

hoosier84 wrote:

Hit several Goodwills north of Indy yesterday with the wife and came away with a Ping Pal putter, a couple Callaway X-Tour forged long irons and a swing trainer.

The Callaways are in good shape but label listing the flex is gone. Does show they're True Temper and do feel stiff.

Is this kind of swing trainer helpful?

Goodwill%20haul.jpg

I don't mean this to be rude but what do you do with the irons and driver?

I swear the X Tours were ahead of their time. Correct me if I am wrong, but, these were Callaway's first forged offering. Heck, it seemed like the first iron they released that looked like a classic iron. I had to have them the first time I saw them. I found them to be extremely playable. I can't even remember what I replaced them with. They hold a special spot in my heart as a time where I really started to take my game seriously and attempting to improve.

They could be blended in with a more demanding set of clubs.

Currently in my bag and you are spot on.
  • PureGolf313PureGolf313 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Went to 2nd hand books to sell some books and found three good golf course architecture books on the shelf and I was giddy, as I am a architecture snob and. Opened Tom Fazios Golf Course Designs and it was SIGNED by Tom Fazio, about had a heart attack.

2qu43t1.jpg

161f5ex.jpg
  • K.ipK.ip Members Posts: 45 ✭✭

Went to 2nd hand books to sell some books and found three good golf course architecture books on the shelf and I was giddy, as I am a architecture snob and. Opened Tom Fazios Golf Course Designs and it was SIGNED by Tom Fazio, about had a heart attack.

2qu43t1.jpg

161f5ex.jpg

That is awesome

I’ve seen him a few times but never said anything to him

I used to visit Hendersonville, NC frequently for work
  • Judge SmalesJudge Smales Members Posts: 766 ✭✭
    K.ip wrote:

2qu43t1.jpg

161f5ex.jpg

That is awesome

I’ve seen him a few times but never said anything to him

I used to visit Hendersonville, NC frequently for work

Dave Tompkins is going to be pissed when he sees your post.
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,586 ✭✭
    I am Dave Tompkins and my ex said she burned all my golf books.......
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,445 ClubWRX
    Picked these up for 4.99 2-PW... they are in really good shape and I have wanted a set of older blades. They actually feel really good which is a bonus
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • Judge SmalesJudge Smales Members Posts: 766 ✭✭
    justasgood wrote:

Dave, your wife isn’t at book club on Wednesday nights either.
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,586 ✭✭

justasgood wrote:

Dave, your wife isn’t at book club on Wednesday nights either.

No kidding, hence the “Ex”
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    TheBIIgCat wrote:

Picked these up for 4.99 2-PW... they are in really good shape and I have wanted a set of older blades. They actually feel really good which is a bonus

Absolutely beautiful set of irons right there. A true classic.
  • Roman1274Roman1274 Members Posts: 46 ✭✭
    $2 each. Taylormade Tour Preferred T-D sand wedge. Titleist Out 'N On wedge. Ben Hogan Special sand iron. All need new grips. But for $2 I think it's worth it.
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,593 ✭✭
    TheBIIgCat wrote:

lmk if you ever move these. had a set years ago and played some good golf with them
    Ping G410 Speeder TS 7.2
    Cobra F8  VA Raijin
    Cobra F9 Atmos Black
    Ping S55 Accra 110 tour
    Ping glide stealth Accra 110 tour
    Bettinardi tour hive putter
  • TheBIIgCatTheBIIgCat ClubWRX Posts: 1,445 ClubWRX
    cz13X4 wrote:
    TheBIIgCat wrote:

lmk if you ever move these. had a set years ago and played some good golf with them

I believe that. I am playing some 945’s currently. These have the original shafts and grips and feel so much better than the 945’s... The feel is so solid, dense feeling. I was shocked
    Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...
  • ekimdefekimdef Chip it close Members Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Found This Frankly Frog Putter for 2 bucks. Not in best shape but seen a few sell on Ebay. I had also found a Baby Ben at this GW.
  • bmurphbmurph Members Posts: 454 ✭✭
    TheBIIgCat wrote:

**** now that's a find, congrats
  • pwapwa Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    ekimdef wrote:

Found This Frankly Frog Putter for 2 bucks. Not in best shape but seen a few sell on Ebay. I had also found a Baby Ben at this GW.

I love these! My sister has one that a friend of hers gave her. I bum it every once in a while, it's machined pink. My buddies give me major grief about it.
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited Nov 28, 2018 #1729
    Got a weird one today for $2.99. I think it's a TM Burner 2 with the brown paint removed.

It's steel shafted (looks like a .370 tip fairway shaft). Feels great dry swinging it. I actually like the uniqueness of the paint-free head, but I know the reflection would drive me nuts on the course. Might try a matte clear coat to reduce the glare.
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*~ F6 Baffler 4-5w ~ King Utility ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~  JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~  SeeMore FGP2
    6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ SeeMore FGP2 ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,644 ✭✭
    There has been some cool and even rare finds posted but some of you guys are buying turds and trying to polish them up .... what are you doing with these clubs ?
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
    4 dollars. How did I do?
  • BKN1964BKN1964 Members Posts: 958 ✭✭
    edited Dec 4, 2018 #1732
    ekimdef wrote:

4 dollars. How did I do?

I'm jealous.
  • theedge27theedge27 Members Posts: 604 ✭✭
    POWWW!!!
  • SnodorkSnodork Members Posts: 471 ✭✭
    Videos from the range (mountain in the background) or it didn’t happen!
  • tokeybtokeyb Gonna get better ClubWRX Posts: 349 ClubWRX
    Snodork wrote:

+1 on this. I have to see video of that thing being hit!
    Mizuno JPX 10.5*
    Mizuno ST180 3w 15*
    TM Burner Rescue 5 (24*)
    Titleist 710cb (4-9)
    Scratch 8820 (47*, 53*, 56*)
    Odyssey White Hot Rx 9, Tour Snsr 140cc
    Project(a)

**Right at single digits - gonna get better**
    (9.3 at end of 2018!)
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    tokeyb wrote:

Snodork wrote:

+1 on this. I have to see video of that thing being hit!

And he BETTER say POOOOWWWWWWWWW! when he hits it, otherwise, just cancel your WRX account and sell your clubs, **** chop golfer.
  • SnodorkSnodork Members Posts: 471 ✭✭
    ^^amen!^^
    It is currently snowing here. I don't know if i want to chance hitting it being so cold out. It might just explode the ball.
  • jaworskijaworski penturner Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
    Found this golf related gem at a local thrift store and got 50% off as a senior discount so paid $1.50 for it.

It reminds me of watching golf before all the bleachers came into being.
    [font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, EmojiFont,]The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Prices is Forgotten.[/font]
  • Ping ZingsPing Zings Members Posts: 830 ✭✭
  • pwapwa Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Ping Zings wrote:

Score

SWEET! Let us know how it is to hit outta' the sand.