Tour Striker Smart Ball

Comments

• sdonoghuesdonoghue Members Posts: 17
    I got mine today but can only swing in the house for now. I've been fighting an ott move for a long time, but I taped some aggressive swings, and my plane using the SB is perfect. Without hitting a ball it's easy to make full swings and not drop the all, but the difference in body rotation and plane is amazing. Need to emulate the core rotation feeling as soon as some of this snow melts and the year round ranges can re-open.
  • nickrutnickrut Members Posts: 715
    Is there a new discount code?
  • _Fred__Fred_ Members Posts: 173
    The discount code given 30h ago should work but it does not apparently.

Did any one manage to make it work?
  • CmartingolfCmartingolf Martin Chuck Unregistered Posts: 1,982
    ej002 wrote:

Completely over priced. Read the 9-3thread. You can build these out if nerf balls in a few minutes. I once built 2 for less than $8.00

BTW - how does this thread exist without a sponsorship?

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=FpXoB8esIwo

ej, I'm glad your resourceful and can make stuff and have a few nerf balls lying around. If you actually tried my product, you'd find it pretty effective and a lot better than a nerf ball. Do I charge a lot for what it is? Yes. Why? When you develop a product and see all the behind the scenes expenses, you'll know why. Besides, like your post on this forum, people have free will to make their own decisions and voice their opinions. You can make a lot of things, but is it worth your time value? Anyway, as for the sponsorship comment, I didn't start this thread. I'm simply answering questions. I'm sorry that rubs you the wrong way.
    _Fred_ wrote:

Fred, code expired. I reset it for another couple weeks. Thanks for the interest. Happy Striking.
  • _Fred__Fred_ Members Posts: 173
    Thanks Martin, order is placed ;-)
  • DinosaurDinosaur Members Posts: 1,986 ✭✭

_Fred_ wrote:

Fred, code expired. I reset it for another couple weeks. Thanks for the interest. Happy Striking.

Good mojo Martin. Discounts often have a shelf life. I am a dissenter that became a convert. No complaints.
    "Non rinunciare mai quello
    che desideri...."
    Go with what you know!
  • jgonz69jgonz69 Members Posts: 746 ✭✭
    ej002 wrote:

Completely over priced. Read the 9-3thread. You can build these out if nerf balls in a few minutes. I once built 2 for less than $8.00

Can you explain to me how you deflated the nerf ball to stick under your arm pit?
    PING G400 Max Ping Tour 65
    PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
    PING G400 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
    PING i500 3, 5-U
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 58
    Cameron MilSpec 350g
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • ej002ej002 Guests Posts: 5,129 ✭✭

ej002 wrote:

[url="

ej, I'm glad your resourceful and can make stuff and have a few nerf balls lying around. If you actually tried my product, you'd find it pretty effective and a lot better than a nerf ball. Do I charge a lot for what it is? Yes. Why? When you develop a product and see all the behind the scenes expenses, you'll know why. Besides, like your post on this forum, people have free will to make their own decisions and voice their opinions. You can make a lot of things, but is it worth your time value? Anyway, as for the sponsorship comment, I didn't start this thread. I'm simply answering questions. I'm sorry that rubs you the wrong way.

No a plant started it for you and you took it over. Just like all the other stuff you pushed over the years.
    jgonz69 wrote:

ej002 wrote:

[url="

Can you explain to me how you deflated the nerf ball to stick under your arm pit?

Nerf as in foam. Larger ball for betwen foearm and an ace bandage. 9-3 thread explain. Dan Whitacker uses something else to use for the arms to slip into. If you want something for under the Arm - you can use anything like a glove etc. you can maybe use a smaller league ball sized nerf ball to smoosh under the arm. 30 dollars for ball is just not necessary IMO.

The Martin Kaymer device can be built with a lanyard, shoe string and a tennis ball. Just make a slit in the ball and triple knot the shoe string to length and shove the knot into the slit. Tie the string on the lanyard to appropriate length.

• CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,010 ✭✭
    edited Feb 22, 2015 #132
    ej002 wrote:

jgonz69 wrote:

ej002 wrote:

[url="

Nerf as in foam. Larger ball for betwen foearm and an ace bandage. 9-3 thread explain. Dan Whitacker uses something else to use for the arms to slip into. If you want something for under the Arm - you can use anything like a glove etc. you can maybe use a smaller league ball sized nerf ball to smoosh under the arm. 30 dollars for ball is just not necessary IMO.

The Martin Kaymer device can be built with a lanyard, shoe string and a tennis ball. Just make a slit in the ball and triple knot the shoe string to length and shove the knot into the slit. Tie the string on the lanyard to appropriate length.

I don't get the negatively in your post or towards CM. If you don't like it or think the value is out of line, fine, just don't purchase the product.

That said, thank you for the ideas. I've also heard a large sponge found at auto parts stores can be used. By the way, I do own the product and love that it takes almost no room in the bag.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    edited Feb 22, 2015 #133
    I still need advice/encouragement. When I first got the smart ball I couldn't do it at all even w/out trying to hit a golf ball. I can now do it in my basement w/out a golf ball but I can't hit a golf ball while using this thing at all. Not even a decent chip.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    PING G25 5-U
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
  • DinosaurDinosaur Members Posts: 1,986 ✭✭
    Cwing wrote:

I still need advice/encouragement. When I first got the smart ball I couldn't do it at all even w/out a ball. I can now do it in my basement w/out a ball but I can't hit a ball while using this thing at all. Not even a chip.

I guess would depend on what your swing looks like to begin with. Is it too armsy? do you have trouble turning with hips? My goals are to try and keep my arms in front of my body as I turn with hips, but not as much turn as you think you need. Try different lengths of the tether, deflate a little to help keep the ball in place. As Martin stated awhile back, begin with shorter strokes 9 to 3 etc. A drill might be to swing to the right a specific distance, hold it there, turn head to check the position, then make downswing to same distance to left, hold, check. This way you are focusing on the swing and not the smart ball. Make sure you are not swaying when you turn your head, but merely rotating it to view where your hands are. Your head would still be steady in space. May or may not work for you.
    "Non rinunciare mai quello
    che desideri...."
    Go with what you know!
  • jgonz69jgonz69 Members Posts: 746 ✭✭
    ej002 wrote:

jgonz69 wrote:

ej002 wrote:

[url="

Everybody KNOWS a nerf ball is made of foam. I asked you how you deflate it to make it as functional as the smart ball.

So according to you, you need to fashion a nerf ball and an ace bandage to fasten it to your arms. And then you say I can get another nerf ball to put under my arm or use a glove or something else. Sounds like the smart ball is functional to do all that without having to carry all the stuff that I would need to do as you suggest.

PING G400 Max Ping Tour 65
    PING G400 3wd 14.5 Ping Tour 75
    PING G400 Hybrid Ping Tour 85
    PING i500 3, 5-U
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 58
    Cameron MilSpec 350g
    Srixon Z-Star XV
    edited Feb 22, 2015 #136
    Cool buy two one for the forearms and one for the armpit.

And obviously you don't deflate foam. You cut wedges in the nerf ball side and put a wrap around it. Look in 9-3 thread or do a search. Dan W. Posted also an alternative way. Or you can do the tennis ball lanyard thing. Or you can buy a softball sized tennis ball (dog toy Kong ball will work). Take a 16 inch softball or rag ball and tape a lanyard to it.

I don't stick anything in my armpits - I think that is stupid.
  • jaydrojaydro Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    ej002 wrote:

And obviously you don't deflate foam. You cut wedges in the nerf ball side and put a wrap around it. Look in 9-3 thread or do a search. Dan W. Posted also an alternative way. Or you can do the tennis ball lanyard thing. Or you can buy a softball sized tennis ball (dog toy Kong ball will work). Take a 16 inch softball or rag ball and tape a lanyard to it.

Well way to go. How bout you go through all the trouble of researching,developing and marketing your product and get back to everybody about how much you think it should cost. But your probably to busy making asenine negative comments on a golf forum for mundane stuff like that.
  • LaterOn61LaterOn61 Members Posts: 628
    Once again the circus is back in town and the clowns are running the forum. It gets really old when the clowns take shots at teaching pros who give us tons of free advice and they have to put up with the clowns. Martin's videos and merchandise are thoughtful and we are luck to have him, Iteach, Jim Waldron, Monte, etc.

The circus clowns need to find another forum.
    jaydro wrote:

ej002 wrote:

Well way to go. How bout you go through all the trouble of researching,developing and marketing your product and get back to everybody about how much you think it should cost. But your probably to busy making asenine negative comments on a golf forum for mundane stuff like that.

It wouldn't be much trouble considering the instructions on how to make one with household items has been posted here at least a dozen times. Instead of being butt hurt - just say thanks. I am trying to save you guys a few bucks. And you guys can call me a clown all you want or that I should find a new forum, but I been here a very long time and this guy routinely skirts the sponsorship rules. And this time it's with a device that other people thought of.

Sorry but I am calling this spade a spade.
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX Posts: 9,036 ClubWRX
    ej002 wrote:

I've had both devices you mentioned. Geoff made me the Nerf ball + Ace bandage contraption when I was in Texarkana. The Smart Ball is different, it is closer to the Kaymer tennis ball device. I tried making one of those. It was great. Then I started hitting myself in the manhood as it swung around. Then the string came unfrayed at the knot and flew 30 yards downrange.

It isn't cheap, but I have found value in the Smart Ball.
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
    Callaway GBB Epic SZ (15°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,634 ✭✭
    ej002 wrote:

jaydro wrote:

ej002 wrote:

It wouldn't be much trouble considering the instructions on how to make one with household items has been posted here at least a dozen times. Instead of being butt hurt - just say thanks. I am trying to save you guys a few bucks. And you guys can call me a clown all you want or that I should find a new forum, but I been here a very long time and this guy routinely skirts the sponsorship rules. And this time it's with a device that other people thought of.

Sorry but I am calling this spade a spade.

Do as you will, but you could at least be a bit more tactful and polite about it. Your tone quite frankly leaves a bit to be desired.
    Cobra F9 - Atmos TS Black 6x
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    718 TMB 19* - DG AMT White s300
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • nickrutnickrut Members Posts: 715
    Why do you ever buy a putter? Would be cheaper to duct tape a flat piece of metal to a stick and use that. You can jerry rig a ton of things, but the reason you pay is because it's less effort than creating something yourself. Also usually works better to use the commercial good.

Just bought a smart ball. Hoping it helps my back swing stay more connected as that's an issue I have. Thanks for the discount code!
  • PingEye2PingEye2 Members Posts: 827 ✭✭
    The ace bandage on the nerf makes you do it, the Smart Ball requires You to do it....Huge Difference! I think the nerf ball without the bandage would be better. Btw, I purchased the Smart Ball, More convenient than making my own...and better, in my opinion. I guess I'm not that cheap...
  • jlazarojlazaro Members Posts: 45 ClubWRX
    i own the smart ball and it is a fantastic training aid. no matter what your swing philosophy, it's essential that the arms not outpace the shoulders/rest of body. this helps ingrain the feel of being connected.

guys, it's $35. the mfg charges a markup, big deal. it's not like you have to take out a second mortgage to pay for the thing. if you want to make your own and save $20, then go ahead.
    ej002 wrote:

ej002 wrote:

[url="

No a plant started it for you and you took it over. Just like all the other stuff you pushed over the years.

Wow. I hope your life outside of these forums is a little brighter.

ej002 wrote:

ej002 wrote:

Wow. I hope your life outside of these forums is a little brighter.

Dont feed the troll Mr. Striker. When I started taking golf seriously and wanting to play better, I ordered up one of your 7i clubs. I emailed and YOU replied helping me a ton. Thought I would get a sales rep. Well, that club alone started my journey to better golf. I havent ordered your newest product, but I am sure it was well thought out and designed to help the golfer. Best of luck and I, for one, am glad to have you around the boards.
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
    Martin is a standup guy. He has offered sound advice and links. He even offers ideas as to how to make your own versions and I have never heard him take a shot at products others have made. As a matter of fact, he generally indicates they are good products and doesn't knock them.
    PING G25 5-U
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
  • northgolfnorthgolf Pork Members Posts: 4,013 ✭✭
    Cwing wrote:

ej002 wrote:

jgonz69 wrote:

ej002 wrote:

I don't get the negatively in your post or towards CM. If you don't like it or think the value is out of line, fine, just don't purchase the product.

That said, thank you for the ideas. I've also heard a large sponge found at auto parts stores can be used. By the way, I do own the product and love that it takes almost no room in the bag.

I don't sense any negativity, just the positive assertion that a sucker is born every day.
    If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead
  • Kiwi2Kiwi2 Members Posts: 1,059
    edited Feb 23, 2015 #149
    northgolf wrote:

I don't sense any negativity, just the positive assertion that a sucker is born every day.

Whatever happened to the deployment of the troll nets?

http://www.golfwrx.c...ont-be-a-troll/
    edited Feb 23, 2015 #150
    northgolf wrote:
    Cwing wrote:

ej002 wrote:

jgonz69 wrote:

ej002 wrote:

Apparently grumpy ones too.

Edit for language.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • jaydrojaydro Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    For every successful person with a good idea there is a long list of jealous nobodies wanting to take a shot at them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file