Colorado WRX 2016

167891012»

Comments

  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,482 ✭✭
    Humm, may need to stop in the PGA store on Monday just to "look" around. I don't need anything but have $70 is gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭
    Andrew M wrote:


    Andrew M wrote:



    FYI for Cobra fans: I happened to walk into PGA SS this afternoon and they've got a very nice condition Bio Cell + in white/black for $69. I almost left with it for a backup, but thought better of it. Someone needs to buy it before I do.




    I think I hear it calling your name, begging you to come back and take it home with you. Poor thing. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />




    I would...but I need to pick up a rangefinder and maybe a push cart. There's also a set of wedges on the BST that are tempting me, but I can probably resist those. Won't go without a rangefinder this year though.




    For what it's worth, I love my Golfbuddy rangefinder. I got it cheap through being on my college club team, and it wasn't all that expensive to begin with. Awesome rangefinder that does what I need it to and doesn't break the bank. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Hilarious. I hadn't even read this and JUST walked in the door with a new Golfbuddy LR5. Buy one now and get a $100 mail in rebate! $150 ain't bad, although I almost opted for the slope version for $50 more.
  • Andrew MAndrew M Members Posts: 357
    That's the very one I've got! I thought about Slope, but can't use it for Tournament rounds obviously, and I figure I can go without it even in casual rounds.



    Shot a best-ever 9 today. +7 39 on a par 32. short, fairly easy course that I got a couple of breaks with local relief from ice/snow, but all the same... And that was with a double, and a completely weird, silly bogey. Played actual, decent golf for my final 4 holes in a row. It's almost as if Monte knows what he's doing. Weird. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />



    I know that there's a good player in there, somewhere! LOL.



    The fact that "local relief from ice/snow" is a phrase shows how crazy we all are in CO, huh?!
    PING G Series Driver 9* -- Grafalloy Bimatrix Tour Prototype | 44.75"
    PING G Series 3w 14.5* -- Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.1 | length -1"
    Srixon U45 Driving Iron 18*
    PING iBlades 4-PW
    Nippon Modus3 105 .75" upright "pink dot" | length +1/2"
    PING Glide 52* SS; 58* TS
    Callaway MD3 PM-Grind 64*

    Directed Force Reno Mallet
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭
    Andrew M wrote:


    That's the very one I've got! I thought about Slope, but can't use it for Tournament rounds obviously, and I figure I can go without it even in casual rounds.



    Shot a best-ever 9 today. +7 39 on a par 32. short, fairly easy course that I got a couple of breaks with local relief from ice/snow, but all the same... And that was with a double, and a completely weird, silly bogey. Played actual, decent golf for my final 4 holes in a row. It's almost as if Monte knows what he's doing. Weird. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />



    I know that there's a good player in there, somewhere! LOL.



    The fact that "local relief from ice/snow" is a phrase shows how crazy we all are in CO, huh?!




    Congrats! Where did you play?
  • Andrew MAndrew M Members Posts: 357
    Thank you! Played at Haystack Mountain, just outside of Longmont. It's really not a very greatly kept course, but it's not terribly expensive and it sits in a spot that gets unusually warm, so their driving range is often clear and sometimes the course is cleared. They're also more willing to open it even if the conditions aren't terribly playable to let people gets some holes in, as opposed to other courses where it has to be entirely clear. Haystack is a course where lots of beginners go to learn the game, so avoid it on peak times as slowness is expected. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> but everyone I've ever come across is always very kind, and it's a short easy course (except for the 215y par 3) that I love practicing at especially in the middle of swing changes -- I can hit 3w/2i hybrid or even 4i off tees and still have a short iron into a green, which takes pressure off driver.
    PING G Series Driver 9* -- Grafalloy Bimatrix Tour Prototype | 44.75"
    PING G Series 3w 14.5* -- Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.1 | length -1"
    Srixon U45 Driving Iron 18*
    PING iBlades 4-PW
    Nippon Modus3 105 .75" upright "pink dot" | length +1/2"
    PING Glide 52* SS; 58* TS
    Callaway MD3 PM-Grind 64*

    Directed Force Reno Mallet
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,682 ✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone, hope next year Santa brings everyone the game they want =)
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭
    edited Dec 25, 2016 #338


    Merry Christmas everyone, hope next year Santa brings everyone the game they want =)




    Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here as well! New toys for anyone?



    My in-laws' place has a park adjacent to it. No one walks around there, and it's about 200 yards long with trees on either end. Walk to a spot, laser PW distance, hit some balls. Walk back a few paces, laser 8i distance, hit a few balls. Apparently Santa brought me the ability to hit controlled draws (something I've never been able to do)!



    Playing tomorrow AM. We'll see just far up the nice list I was!
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭
    Andrew M wrote:


    Thank you! Played at Haystack Mountain, just outside of Longmont. It's really not a very greatly kept course, but it's not terribly expensive and it sits in a spot that gets unusually warm, so their driving range is often clear and sometimes the course is cleared. They're also more willing to open it even if the conditions aren't terribly playable to let people gets some holes in, as opposed to other courses where it has to be entirely clear. Haystack is a course where lots of beginners go to learn the game, so avoid it on peak times as slowness is expected. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> but everyone I've ever come across is always very kind, and it's a short easy course (except for the 215y par 3) that I love practicing at especially in the middle of swing changes -- I can hit 3w/2i hybrid or even 4i off tees and still have a short iron into a green, which takes pressure off driver.




    Good to know!
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭
    8bbfa4bb6af17e9a5b28065e411d6eed.jpg



    60° tomorrow?! Who's playing?
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Posts: 952 ✭✭
    Wish I could! I've got family in town, but it may be a good opportunity to take them to Top Golf!
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

    Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • Andrew MAndrew M Members Posts: 357
    *raises hand!* this is actually the third day in a row that my brother and I have gotten out to play. It's awesome. Don't know how much longer we will be able to cheat the weather, but we will for as long as we're able!
    PING G Series Driver 9* -- Grafalloy Bimatrix Tour Prototype | 44.75"
    PING G Series 3w 14.5* -- Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.1 | length -1"
    Srixon U45 Driving Iron 18*
    PING iBlades 4-PW
    Nippon Modus3 105 .75" upright "pink dot" | length +1/2"
    PING Glide 52* SS; 58* TS
    Callaway MD3 PM-Grind 64*

    Directed Force Reno Mallet
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭
    Andrew M wrote:


    *raises hand!* this is actually the third day in a row that my brother and I have gotten out to play. It's awesome. Don't know how much longer we will be able to cheat the weather, but we will for as long as we're able!




    Lucky...
  • Andrew MAndrew M Members Posts: 357

    Andrew M wrote:


    *raises hand!* this is actually the third day in a row that my brother and I have gotten out to play. It's awesome. Don't know how much longer we will be able to cheat the weather, but we will for as long as we're able!




    Lucky...




    Indeed! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> And, in the grandest twist of irony and the golfing gods showing me where I belong, I had an awful 9 today. Don't even want to talk about that score! I know Monte's got me on the right path, but it's rough feeling how cruel this game is sometimes, am I right? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    PING G Series Driver 9* -- Grafalloy Bimatrix Tour Prototype | 44.75"
    PING G Series 3w 14.5* -- Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.1 | length -1"
    Srixon U45 Driving Iron 18*
    PING iBlades 4-PW
    Nippon Modus3 105 .75" upright "pink dot" | length +1/2"
    PING Glide 52* SS; 58* TS
    Callaway MD3 PM-Grind 64*

    Directed Force Reno Mallet
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭
    Made a 2017 version. Link's here: Colorado WRX 2017
167891012»
This discussion has been closed.