Scotty Cameron 5MB Sole plate question

ChristopherMcDonald ·  
ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald  2472WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 2,472 Platinum Tees
Hey Guys,

got a Cameron & Crown 5MB which I just got done in Cerakote (if you're in Southern California looking for this service I have a shop that I can confirm does awesome work)

I want to replace my soleplate screws in black instead of silver. I don't know the exact size but another thread on here mentioned they were #4-40 1/8" screws you can get on fastenal. I found the black version, link below

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/BC0080004AY0000

The only thing is the thread where I found the info is for a Golo and not a 5MB. How safe do you think it is that they are the same size? Anyone with personal experience with this putter would be a great help. Thanks in advance

-Bain
Posted:
Cobra King LTD UST Elements Chrome
Taylormade '07 Burner 3 Wood Miyazaki B.Asha
Taylormade '07 Burner 5 Wood Miyazaki B.Asha
Taylormade '07 Burner 7 Wood Matrix Ozik 6Q3
Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT
Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold
Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold
Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line
Taylormade Project (a)
Tagged:

Comments

• ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald  2472WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 2,472 Platinum Tees
    gonna go ahead and reply to my own post here to update you guys:

Stopped by the ole hardware store down the street from my house. Guy was able to tell me the screws were a #6-32 coarse thread, 1/4" in length. They didn't have anything in store in that size, in black (whole purpose of this exercise). I went ahead and purchased some screws on Amazon and should be receiving them in a couple of days.

With all due respect to the gentleman who helped me out in the store, I am not positive these screws will fit. I will give them a shot and let you folks know just in case anyone else has these questions/tries to do it in the future.
    Posted:
    Taylormade Project (a)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald  2472WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 2,472 Platinum Tees
    Told y'all I'd be back.

#6-32 coarse thread in 1/4" length was the ticket! Teaser pics of putter below

ACb8xZl.jpg
    Posted:
    Taylormade Project (a)
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada.  439WRX Points: 269Members Posts: 439 Greens
    Looks great from the bottom haha
    Posted:
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Studio Select NP2 mid slant 
  • shredNECTARshredNECTAR  148WRX Points: 61Handicap: 11Members Posts: 148 Fairways
    Looks awesome
    Posted:
  • ckayckay  4382WRX Points: 512Members Posts: 4,382 Titanium Tees
    Looks great glad you updated the thread. I read it when you first posted but then forgot about it.

I need two for my Global Limited. Can you link me to the listing? Or if you have spares I would love to buy two from you.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
    ckay wrote:

Looks great glad you updated the thread. I read it when you first posted but then forgot about it.

I need two for my Global Limited. Can you link me to the listing? Or if you have spares I would love to buy two from you.

if you're sure they're the same I'd be happy to mail them to you, send me a PM
    Posted:
    Taylormade Project (a)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.