2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

TaylorMade Tour Preferred and Tour Preferred X Golf Ball Member Testing and Review

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PMAC' timestamp='1393541712' post='8760966']
Indoor use did a number on this one.
[/quote]

And still I don't see any scuffs on these!!

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

First off i would like to say thanks again to GolfWRX and taylormade golf for this opportunity on letting me test the TP and TPX golf balls. i was finally able to get out on the course/putting/chipping area and i would like to share my opinions/thoughts.

My game: I've been around a 9-12 handicap for the last serval years. Ive been using a top of the line ball all of those years from a ProV1, ProV1x, Penta, Penta TP 5, Lethal... i would say i switch between the ProV1 and lethal ball at the current date.. i hit a 7 iron around 150, a Driver Swing Speed 95-100 and average around 240-260 yards off the tee.Ball flight is typically high (which i like) I live in Houston, Texas so i get to play pretty much year round.

i only was able to get in 9 holes so I played the TP on the odd holes and TPX on even holes.i was blown away from the tee shot. The flight of the TP ball was a nice high penetrating. i had about 140 and hit a 8 iron to 3 feet.. again the flight was spot on.. missed the putt though..
the 2nd hole is a Par 3 playing 180 ish so i hit a 5 iron... actually hit the first ball in the water ( thanks for sending more then a few!!!) reloaded and hit a mid flight that was spot on but have a little roll out..

I would say just by overall feel and flight that the balls are very similar off the tee and around the greens.. where i saw the difference was in my mid-long irons.. the TP flighted higher which i like.. I would play the TPX on days that is blowing 15mph or more.. the balls are a lot softer then the lethal and fell really nice off the putter face and wedge shots..

The TP will be my ball of choice this Year!!

[quote name='Sniperman' timestamp='1393552076' post='8762042']
[quote name='PMAC' timestamp='1393541712' post='8760966']
Indoor use did a number on this one.
[/quote]

And still I don't see any scuffs on these!!
[/quote]

I used 4 balls over several rounds in Palm at Christmas. Hit 1 into a water hazard. The other 3 came back north and have been used indoors since. Very durable. Other then 1 of the dozen I broke in half. We get to see all 5 layers of the TP X.

I just picked up a dozen of these in X for my golf trip this week all from this review....damn wrx always cost me money when I logon here! :)

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR 

i530 6-U Dynamic Gold Mid

MG4 54/58 DG

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Mini

Callaway Chrome Tour

I have been looking for the TPx also on ebay.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Platapus' timestamp='1393431000' post='8749476']
Can anyone say how the TPX compares to the Bridgestone Tour B330?
[/quote]
I have received the newest B330 (2014) along with the three other new Bridgestone a couple of days ago for testing but we in Calif are being hit with the biggest rain storm in two years right now (By the "biggest" is a relative term compared to the rest of the country, we still should get in at least one round this weekend). Anyway it hasn't been conducive to get proper comparisons. But I do plan on working them out over the next week or two when we get more favorable conditions.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Currently play the b330 as well & would like to know how the tp & tpx compares to it.....

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I played both of the new taylormade balls to and I must say theses balls are legit..

The black number balls were long off the driver and the red number was long off the irons

They both held their line when putting ...I putted light out two made several birdies from 15 feet or longer the ball rolled very true ...

Most likely I'll play the tour prefer X when the season starts

Happy camper

Taylormade M5 10* Tensi Blue 70s
Taylormade  M5 15* Tensi Blue 65s

Taylormade M5 18* Tensi Blue 65s
Taylormade 4-PW R9 TP 
Taylormade 54, 58 Milled grind 
Taylormade TP Ardmore
Taylormade TP5X

WITB Link

i received both balls during insidetmag trip and i prefer the tour preferred over the x. The difference i noticed was that the tour preferred had a better ball flight in the longer irons and as mentioned before they feel softer which is what i prefer. Both balls are great balls and you cant go wrong with either one. It all comes down to your preference at the end.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

So I have already shared my review and opinion on the TPx; next up is the "regular" TP.

My buddies and I braved through the tail end of what our local news stations called the "biggest storm Southern CA has seen in two years!" We only decided to go out and play because the weather apps on our phones said there would not be any rain. Well, the first 11 holes had brief periods of shower and almost continuous drizzle. It's important for me to mention this as it would play a role in the way the ball behaved around the course.

As soon as I hit the ball off the first tee, I immediately noticed how much softer this ball is and how much more it spins compared to the X. Off the driver face, I really felt like I was compressing the ball more, AND noticed how much more curvature the flight had. I missed the fairway but I am not blaming that on the ball :not_i: .... no sir! Still related to spin, where I have usually have an issue playing a high draw with the ZStar XV, I was 3-for-3 today with the driver. I don't know if that is attributed to more spin, but if the following pictures and paragraphs don't convince you that this ball spins MORE than its "X" sibling I don't know what will...

On a par 3, 156yds to pin with a huge, deep bunker guarding the front, I hit a 7i to ensure the ball gets there due to moisture and slight crosswind. It's been raining on and off for 3 days so the grounds and greens are soft. I expected the ball to stop on its tracks, but when I got to the green, I was shocked to see the ball had spun back 10 feet! We arrived at the other par 3 on the front, played 172 to the pin and hit a 6i. Ball flight looked really good, then we saw it come down short of the pin and again the ball spun back 5 feet! Even with these soft conditions, the XV would usually just stop on its tracks and maybe have a foot of backspin. Throughout the entire time I put the ball in play (I switched to the XV on the 11th hole), every full iron or wedge into the green spun back! If you have read my other posts on balls, I have always said I am not one who prefers to spin the ball back. I would not say I was disappointed, just that I was not used to this ball characteristic.

7i to 156yd par 3, 10ft backspin (first photo shows where ball is and where it landed...second pic shows where it landed and where the pin was...there is a slight front to back slope and the ball should have released towards the pin)
[attachment=2096988:IMG_3844.jpg]
[attachment=2096990:IMG_3845.jpg]

6i to 172yd par 3, 5ft backspin
[attachment=2096994:IMG_3852.JPG]

For comparison, this is my approach shot with a 6i from 165yds with the XV in play...as I would expect on soft greens, stop and rest near where it landed
[attachment=2096984:IMG_3847.jpg]

And again with the XV with a full wedge on a 125yd approach...as expected not too much spin from where it lands on soft greens
[attachment=2096992:IMG_3854.JPG]

I think it is good that TM is able to offer two types of premium ball this time, following the success of the Pro V1 and V1x, as they are now able to satisfy the demand and preferences of different types of players. Overall, the regular TP was good on distance, great feeling off every club BUT a little too much spin to my liking.

I will definitely consider playing this ball during our desert rounds where the greens are firmer and running somewhere in the 12s...I think that is where I will be able to put the extra spin to good use!

That's all for now!

Thanks again WRX and TM and Ben and Zak!!!

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

There are several websites selling personalized or Name Your Number promo Tour Preferred and Tour Preferred X for buy 3 Dozen get 4th Dozen free. Usual suspects TGW, GS etc. shop around. Golfsmith cheapest so far, $45.99.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Ok, so somehow I was chosen for this, I happily accepted. I hope I can be of some help. First a bit about me, My handicap is a shade under 15, my driver swing speed is around 95, 6 iron is around 80. I am a low spin player, (I think i have only zipped a ball back on a green about 3 times in my life) however, when hitting 7-pw onto a green, my balls land softly and might roll 3 feet or so.

I spent most of this last year playing the Callaway Chrome after a stint with the E6. More recently, I have played with the Bridgestone 330rx and the Lethal (they went on drastic sale, couldn't resist.

E6 was a good distance ball, generally hit pretty straight, but did not like it around the greens, too much roll out, hard to finesse.
Chrome- good around the greens, but lost some distance
Bridgestone and Lethal were similar for me, better distance than the chrome and pretty similar on the greens.

Ok, so has luck would have it, i got these balls and it finally started to rain here in Cali. So yesterday I did some chipping and putting with the balls and compared them with the Chrome. I have not read the literature regarding the normal ball and the x, so we shall see if my comments match with what the balls are suppsed to do.

PUtting

Regular TP and X, frankly i couldn't tell the difference. they both felt softer than the chrome, and came off the putter nicely. They definitely felt better than the chrome.

Chipping
Chrome had the most roll out
Regular TP- ball got up a little higher for me on average. The ball stopped a little quicker for me. On the short chips it was not much of a difference, but I would say on a chip that was approximately 30 feet, stopped 2-3 feet quicker on average than the X. X seemed to go a little lower and roll more than the regular, but definitely less than the chrome.

Future Plans-
once the rain relents a bit, will get out on a weekday afternoon and test for distance as well as stopping on longer shots onto the green. Hopefully Thursday, but it depends on Mother Nature. As a Californian, I am contractually obligated to say, we need the rain.

Hopefully this was somewhat helpful,

So I got another round in last night but will not be able to write a review on it. I dropped by to say that I have now used the same ball for 2 rounds. It will go off on #1 of my next round.

Note: ball is holding up great!!!

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Last season I played both the lethal and prov1x. The lethal checked up on greens with not to much backspin but was not as good off the tee. The prov1x was great off the tee for me but had a lot of backspin on approach shots some times to much. Between the TP and TPX I can't wait to see where it falls in comparison to the two I played last year.

The rain in SoCal has relented and I was finally able to get out for 9 today. I played as a single and hit three balls (TM Red LDP, TP, and TPx) every shot on every hole to get a good comparison. Mid 60's, a good 15 mph wind. Here we go:

Driver Distance: The TP was the longest by about 5-7 yards. Nothing substantial, but certainly on shots hit well the TP was a little longer. The Red and TPx were identical in distance. No clear choice here, they were all very good.

Driver and Iron Feel: The TP was awesome off all clubs. Think of the Red with a little hotter action off the face. The Red felt a little denser and softer. The TPx was solid, reminded me of the Lethal. The TP feels great, more responsive than the Red.

Wind: They were all great. Cut through the wind like there was none.

Driver and Iron Mishits: The TPx reacts just like the Lethal which is why I could never fall in love with the Lethal. Side spin would kill distance and the ball moves quite a bit. The Red is the Red, some distance loss but the ball stays on line. The TP is a better version of the Red, some distance loss, not as much as the Red, and just stays straight.

Workability: For those who like to move the ball (cuts, hooks) the TPx is the clear winner. You can really work it. I always liked the Red because you can hit nice fades and draws without it getting away from you. I was really going at it today, testing how they would ride the wind and work against it. The TP was actually a little more difficult to work than the Red but not by much. The TP was amazing. Nice draws and fades with and against the wind but almost like there was no wind. The ball seems to be 100% wind proof - it just ignores it. Good stuff!

Short Irons - they all perform very well. The ball flight on the TPx is a little lower. The ball flight of the Red and TP were identical. Distance control on all was excellent.

Long Irons - This was one of my most important tests. I could never find a replacement for the Red in long irons. I like the Pro VI, Srixon Z-Star and Lethal in many respects but all three spin too much and knock down for me on long irons. I could never get consistent distance control with them. In my mind this was the one area where the Red had no peer - distance control with long irons is so good with it. Drum roll please...the TP is better! I am so excited! I was getting slightly longer distance 3-5 yards with the same amount of stopping action. The Red rolls out a tad bit more. On a 150 yard shot the TPx would roll out maybe a foot, the TP maybe two feet, and the Red about two and half feet.

Thin Shots - The TPx needs to be compressed well for it to work for me. Thin shots would lose distance and move off line. The Red will hold its' line and lose a small amount of distance but the penalty of course is not much spin and it rolls out. The TP is slightly better. Same reaction as the Red but not as much roll out.

Putter Feel - The Red and TPx feel the same to me - just the right amount of soft. The TP is just slightly firmer. All three roll out great, hold their lines, and provide predictable distance control. The TP is ever so slightly hotter off the face, seemed to get into an end to end over roll a little quicker, and would run out a little further. Not by much, just slightly noticeable.

Green Side Spin - Wish I could report out more on this but I was hitting greens today so did not get much opportunity to assess this. The TPx had more check - no surprise here. The Red and TP seemed to be identical. I am hoping the TP has better check than the Red as this is another area where I wish the Red were better. Have to wait for another day to test this.

Durability - This is the Reds biggest weakness. I can never get a Red to last more than a round. The TPx and TP appear to be identical and slightly better than the Red. I can see them hanging in there for 18 holes but not much past that.

Summary - I have not played a Lethal since last fall but from what I remember the TPx could be the same ball with a different name. I can play it but my game has to be hitting on all cylinders. It requires a faster club head speed than I have and precise compression to perform for me. I can see where bigger, faster, stronger players are its' target market.

TaylorMade has finally done what I have waited years for them to do - made a slightly better version of the Red! Finally! Finally! I am so stoked. It is slightly better in all respects. The feel is what is strikingly noticeable. It feels a little firmer, slightly hotter reaction off the face, better feedback and could care less about the wind. If anything, the Red is a little easier to work but that's about the only area where I felt the Red is better. As I said, the only area where I need more test time is green side spin but from what I saw today, the TP is certainly not worse. As with everything else, my bet is it will be slightly better than the Red.

It's gonna be a fun year!

great reviews and great photos gentleman, i use the penta TP5 and just started with the LETHAL cant wait to try these!

Titleist 915 D2 10.5 Rogue Black Stiff
TEExotics E8 3-wood Rogue Silver Shaft, TEExotics XCG-6 Tour ADDI Shaft
TEExotics E8 4H Recoil Stiff
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-P Nippon Pro Modus Shafts 120 Stiff
Cleveland CG14 54* and 58*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, ProV1x

I received from Carlsbad the new TP and TPX in prototype coded form around the first of the year (# 99s & 79s). At that time I slightly preferred the 99 ball which I was later informed to be the TPX.
I was (GWX) selected to test the Project (a) balls. I must say that all three are remarkable. The new cover that they all have is just simply great. These balls are the best balls to putt with since the Maxfli A-10 (later version of the Maxfli Revolution). The Proj (a) just stuns me. In three rounds last Sat-Mon I was down in the San Diego and Fallbrooks Area. I just rolled it at near perfection. Three rounds of exceptional work.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='tnord' timestamp='1394122672' post='8811351']
interesting that some of these reviews completely contradict each other.

we need some comparisons to the new Nike RZN balls.
[/quote]

I see that, too. A little surprising but, with this sample group there is a wide range of swing types and not everyone is coming from a ProV1or ProV1x.

I would like to see more comparisons too. RZN, Callaway, ProV that would be great. I think we will see that as more of the country can get warm and start playing. Good reviews guys.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Also a comparison with the B330/B330s golf balls would be nice as well. Really interested to see if the new TP Balls out perform my B330's….

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I can share a little information how TP (non X) compare to Callaway SR2 on Trackman.

I don't have my exact numbers with me, but here is the summary (Driver speed is 96-98 mph):

Driver - TP spun about 200 RPM more; launched 1* lower; had 2 mph more ball speed; carried 4 yards further; 5 yards longer total.

7 iron - TP spun about 200 RPM more; launched 0.5* higher; had 2 mph more ball speed; carried 4 yards further; was 3 yards longer total.

P Wedge - TP spun about 500 RPM more; launched 1* higher; had 1 mph more ball speed; carried 4 yards further; was 1 yard longer total.

57* Wedge - TP spun about 100 RPM more and launched 2* lower; had 1 mph more ball speed; carried 3 yards further; was 3 yards longer total.

Both balls felt great off all clubs. I think TP actually had a slightly more audible click versus SR2, yet TP ultimately felt slightly softer.

I have played several rounds with SR2 and can easily say it is the best ball, for my game, I have ever played. Compared to last years ball, Lethal, it much better green side spin and simply fit be better. I have not had a chance to play TP on the course yet, I will be dong that in two weeks while in SoCal. I will certainly post my on course results here comparing TP and SR2 head to head.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

The B330 is a tough ball to beat. The TPx is definitely at least on par with the normal 330.

I really like the B series balls, so if I had a choice, I'd still consider playing those. The TP just doesn't seem to hold it's line in the wind as well as I initially though. It's easier to curve, but doesn't seem to suck back on the greens for as much as it feels like it spins. I think you have to baby the normal TP if you are playing in the wind. The TPx, similar to the ProV1x, lets you kind of force it through the air a bit better. The TP wasn't as bad as the normal ProV1 is in the wind for me, but I could definitely tell you would have to finesse it a bit more.

I like the TPx a lot. I also still really like the Lethal. But, I'm also not a fan of the normal ProV1, so I think it's kind of the same deal with these Taylormade balls.

Lethal or TPx...I think they're pretty much interchangeable, but the TP stuff seems to hold up better.

I still think the B330 and the B330s are some of the best feeling balls I've ever used. I think really think either of the TP balls feel as good as the B330, but that could be in my head.

[quote name='Ajlepisto' timestamp='1394171730' post='8817411']
The B330 is a tough ball to beat. The TPx is definitely at least on par with the normal 330.

I really like the B series balls, so if I had a choice, I'd still consider playing those. The TP just doesn't seem to hold it's line in the wind as well as I initially though. It's easier to curve, but doesn't seem to suck back on the greens for as much as it feels like it spins. I think you have to baby the normal TP if you are playing in the wind. The TPx, similar to the ProV1x, lets you kind of force it through the air a bit better. The TP wasn't as bad as the normal ProV1 is in the wind for me, but I could definitely tell you would have to finesse it a bit more.

I like the TPx a lot. I also still really like the Lethal. But, I'm also not a fan of the normal ProV1, so I think it's kind of the same deal with these Taylormade balls.

Lethal or TPx...I think they're pretty much interchangeable, but the TP stuff seems to hold up better.

I still think the B330 and the B330s are some of the best feeling balls I've ever used. I think really think either of the TP balls feel as good as the B330, but that could be in my head.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info……how would u match them up TP-B330s, TPx-B330 as far as spin and feel (soft/hard)?

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

[quote name='scottleo' timestamp='1394196474' post='8818157']
[quote name='Ajlepisto' timestamp='1394171730' post='8817411']

[/quote]
Thanks for the info……how would u match them up TP-B330s, TPx-B330 as far as spin and feel (soft/hard)?
[/quote]

I think they are pretty much interchangeable across the lines. Maybe the B330s feels softer. I haven't had a chance to play these in summer yet, so that is throwing me off a bit.

The 330s feels like the best ball I've ever hit, but the performance isn't always there for me. The 330 performs better and more predictably. But I'm playing last years model...or maybe it's almost 2 years old at this point. The first dual dimple model.

It's really tough. If the dual dimple design actually works, which I'm not sure about, I'd say you have a winner in the B series balls.

Honestly, I play the ProV1x a lot because I have a ton of them, and I have some TP5s left as well.

If I had to go out an buy my own balls tomorrow though, I'd just get a couple of the 330s and probably just call it done.

For perspective the Nike 20XI-X also fits me pretty well (but it's loud, so not my first choice). The ProV1x fits me well, the B330 fits me really well, the Lethal is also a great fit, and I like the TP5. (I think some say it's the same as the Lethal).

The ProV1 feels good and soft but the thing is just all over the place and gets into the wind too easy. The TP was better, but reminded me of the same kind of characteristics.

I like to hit wedges pretty low and stop them, which makes the softer balls nice, but when you start making full wedge swings it's tough to keep them under control. They tend to like to climb.

I bet I'm a perfect candidate for an older model, discontinued ball that is stored away somewhere.

But when it finally clears up I'm heading out with the TPx and the ProV1x in my bag, so maybe that means something.

So just got back last night from AZ golf trip...90 holes in 3 days :)

Stone Creek
TPC Championship
Wlldfire Palmer
Wildfire Faldo
TPC Stadium

Took a dozen of the x's with me along with my usual ball the lethals. First thing I noticed hitting the x's was how hard they were compared to the lethals, putter to driver it didnt matter you could feel it. Performance for me was similar with the exception of the x's spun about 1-2' back less than the lethals. With the lethals I spin them back on average of 1-2' behind my ball mark on full shots, with the x I spun it back to the ball mark.

Putting, I just couldnt get the feel down with the ball. I was hit and miss with the X where I have a little better control off of the lethals.

The ball performed well in the wind, but turned over the same as the lethal as expected with a cross wind.

Moral of the story, this ball is meh....no TP Red for sure!

Now the sleeper ball I found out there was the new SF2 from Callaway. I used to play the Tour IZ and miss that ball. But the SF2 watch such a good ball I bought a sleeve of them at the pro shop and gave them a run....very predictable and nice and long off the tee. Better than the TPx for sure! For me, ill stick with the Lethals this year unless I find some SF2's on sale then ill switch.

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR 

i530 6-U Dynamic Gold Mid

MG4 54/58 DG

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Mini

Callaway Chrome Tour

[quote name='VA_Astra' timestamp='1394543535' post='8846547']
So just got back last night from AZ golf trip...90 holes in 3 days :)

Stone Creek
TPC Championship
Wlldfire Palmer
Wildfire Faldo
TPC Stadium

Took a dozen of the x's with me along with my usual ball the lethals. First thing I noticed hitting the x's was how hard they were compared to the lethals, putter to driver it didnt matter you could feel it. Performance for me was similar with the exception of the x's spun about 1-2' back less than the lethals. With the lethals I spin them back on average of 1-2' behind my ball mark on full shots, with the x I spun it back to the ball mark.

Putting, I just couldnt get the feel down with the ball. I was hit and miss with the X where I have a little better control off of the lethals.

The ball performed well in the wind, but turned over the same as the lethal as expected with a cross wind.

Moral of the story, this ball is meh....no TP Red for sure!

Now the sleeper ball I found out there was the new SF2 from Callaway. I used to play the Tour IZ and miss that ball. But the SF2 watch such a good ball I bought a sleeve of them at the pro shop and gave them a run....very predictable and nice and long off the tee. Better than the TPx for sure! For me, ill stick with the Lethals this year unless I find some SF2's on sale then ill switch.
[/quote]

I'm guessing when you say Callaway SF2, you are referring to SR2? If you so, I would agree, it's a a great ball. I played Lethal last year, and enjoyed it, but SR2 is an all around better ball for me.

Also, while testing Lethal, TP, TPx and SR2 on Trackman, TPx was a dud for me. However, TP was awesome. I already have several rounds under my belt with SR2, but with Trackman showing TP to be slightly better, for me, than SR2, I can't wait to try it on the course next week. I'll post my results of TP vs. SR2 here.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12