2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MEMBER TESTING: SCOR Golf Member Testing and Review Thread

Recently, SCOR Golf challenged GolfWRX members to test their current pitching wedge against SCOR's P-Club.

They'll be adding their reviews to this thread.

Let's keep this thread open until those members start posting their reviews.

Thanks!

post-1164-0-42577300-1399461443.jpg

post-1164-0-12373100-1399461463.jpg

post-1164-0-16723600-1399461471.jpg

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I cannot wait for this, as I've been waffling back and forth on re-working the bottom side of my bag with Scor gear. Bring it on!

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Just got back into town, so just took it out of the box last night.

First off here is the club specs: [size=2]Hand: Right, Loft: 47, Shaft: Steel - Genius 12 KBS Tour (120 grams), Shaft Flex: Firm, Shaft Length: Standard, Lie Angle: 2 up, Grip Size: Standard, Special Instructions: ** +1.5 Lie Angle *[/size]

I play Titleist AP2 irons and have a Vokey 52 and 60.

First Impression is that this wedge looks like a wedge and not a iron. It has a classic wedge shape at address that, to me, before even hitting it, brings confidence.

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

First of all, I want to thank SCOR Golf for the review opportunity. For background, I purchased a set of Titleist 712 MB 3-PW X100s from a WRXer earlier this year, but they were bent strong off a 46* PW and my other wedges are 54* and 60*, so I ended up with a large distance gap between my PW and SW which motivated me to sign up for the playtest.

I requested a 47* since that's what SCORFit recommended based on my PW's stock loft, paired with a Genius 12 Firm+ shaft which is similar to the KBS Tour. By the time it shipped, I had bent my lofts off a 48* PW, fixing the distance gap to my SW. When the SCOR wedge arrived, I was a little surprised to see it was 35.75", longer than my PW, so combined with the stronger loft, I expected to run into distance gapping issues again. The situation got worse when I saw the shaft was only a Firm, as I hit a lot of full shots with my PW. I called up SCOR and they said that because the shipping manifest listed a Firm+ shaft, it was probably just the wrong shaft label and that I should hit the wedge to test it out.

I was able to conduct exhaustive testing during an 18 hole round by myself, and I was very impressed. The shaft is definitely a Firm and would normally result in ballooning shots that come up short, but the slightly lower loft and slightly longer shaft seemed to mostly offset it. All day, the SCOR wedge flew about the same distance as my PW, maybe a touch shorter, and spun back noticeably more on the green. I didn't see much difference in dispersion.

I tested the SCOR wedge against my PW on high trajectory full shots, low trajectory 3/4 shots, uneven lies, long bunker shots, and shots from the rough. The club performed well in all scenarios and was noticeably better than my PW from the rough. It did have a tendency to dig on full shots from the fairway and bunker, but I wouldn't say the shots were fat - they just produced larger divots. The V grind was fine when opened up on greenside bunker shots and flops, though I didn't test those extensively.

That said, I doubt I'll put the club in my bag because its weight and shaft profile are so different from the rest of my bag. Still, I would suggest SCOR wedges to anyone looking to shake up the bottom of their bag, especially if you're a sweeper or picker.

Here are some comparison photos:
[attachment=2284977:1.JPG]
[attachment=2284979:2.JPG]
[attachment=2284981:3.JPG]
[attachment=2284983:4.JPG]

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

That is why I am glad that I have a fitter who only orders the heads. My 50,55 and 60 degrees are all MOI matched with my set and use the True Temper DG shafts I play in my irons. They are VERY good wedges in my opinion. They compare to shots I can hit with both the M grind and S grind Vokey SM5s. So if you fit into those wedges, these will be an easy switch with the right shaft combo.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

Thanks to golfwrx and scorgolf for the opportunity to help test their clubs!

I received my box yesterday and plan on testing for either a full round on Sunday or a range session/9-hole on Monday with a couple follow up range/rounds later on. I currently use the following:

Titliest 710 AP2 PW, bent 1* strong to 46*, 1* upright, DGS300 shaft, Standard length. Standard Grip

vs.

Scorgolf 46* PW, Loft: 46*, 1* upright, Firm+, shaft length +0.25, Midsize grip

more to come...

Very cool, and congrats to those selected. Looking forward to seeing the results.

TaylorMade Sim2 9.5* Fujikura Ventus Black Velocore 6x
TaylorMade Sim2 Ti 15* Graphite Design Tour AD TP 7X
Mizuno Pro FliHi 3i Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4-GW DG 120 X100

Mizuno T24 54, 58 DG S400 
Bettinardi BB1 Limited Blackout 

#InsideTMag2013 

Thanks to SCOR and GolfWRX for the opportunity to be a tester for this wedge. I will be doing an in-depth review of it, including trackman and feedback from the course. That being said, it might take me a little while to post my review, but I assure you it'll be an informative one as I plan to invest a good deal of time into it. Any immediate questions about it, feel free to ask and I'll gladly respond!

Mike

I first would like to thank SCOR golf and GolfWRX for this AWSOME opportunity and I can’t say how much this website has changed my golf career. I am not a journalist but I will do my best to put out a good product review. Sorry for the sideway pictures, if someone knows how to fix let me know. They are right before I add them to the review.

My PW: Taylor Made Rocketbladz Tour Issue “F” head, 46 degree, PXi 6.0 shafts, Iomic grip.

The white box arrived at the house a little over a week ago and I was very anxious to open it, check it out and get it out to the course.

I requested a 46* since that's what SCORFit recommended that based on my PW's stock loft, it came with Genius 12 Firm shaft which is similar to the KBS Tour gripped with a SCOR Lamkin red grip. The wedge came with a letter from the President of SCORgolf, SCOR Method bag tag, divot tool and a SCORgolf headcover.

Esthetics:
My first impression of this wedge is...wow! It looks a lot like the MP-69 series irons. The head itself uses two tones of grey. A darker color on the face giving it the forged look. The lighter grey is used everywhere else - the rear of the club and the face. The only thing that I didn’t like about the “looks” of the club was the gold lettering; I don’t think it fit the rest of the color scheme...totally personal though.

DAY 1: On the range I started with hitting both wedges by hitting 5 of each alternating between both wedges. I found that I was swing fairly well that morning and the ball were jumping off the face.

I felt like the SCOR wedge was coming through a lot cleaner and faster than my TM RB wedge. I believe it was due to the compact and more blade like head. You will see below the thing I noticed was the head weight and I think it had a lot to do with this. I did notice that this wedge was VERY consistent with distance control...more on that later.

I played that morning in a shot-gun start so I was able to walk out to our first hole a little earlier than everyone else. This was a great opportunity to drop a few and compare with out anyone watching. I walked out to my PW distance, 130 yards and dropped 4 Titleist PRO V1X’s and hit two balls with each wedge to a back pin placement. – playing 142 yards to the pin.

TM RB Ball #1: pull left and about 5 feet off the green, pin high

TM RB Ball #2: pushed a little but middle of the green

SCORE Ball #1: flushed to middle/left in the middle of the green

SCORE Ball #2: same swing same results, only about 2-3 feet from each other.

I was immediately impressed by the way that it came through the turn and with the distant control. This is one of the things that SCOR golf pride themselves on; distance control throughout the face.

[b]Pros:[/b]
1. The #1 thing that I immediately felt was the weight of the head. When you swung it you could feel the head weight – not too heavy but not too light. I was in my yard taking a few swings and I felt my hands and swing moving together due to the head weight.

2. I also like the way the face framed the ball, maybe because I am using a Taylormade Rocketbladz “F” head PW to compare it to. The SCOR wedge is a little more blade like, I know a lot of tour pro’s use a blade like PW but I have never done that...going to do it now!

3. The V-sold is very sold on any set up, you can open it and close it depending the shot and it does not change the look.

4. The feel of the club is nice, it feels between a nice Mizuno forged iron and your normal off the shelf wedge. Very good blend of the two materials and the feeling is not clicky. I normally play Titleist SM4 wedges and they feel MUCH better than those.

5. No gimmicks; for traditional looking!

Cons:
1. The weight; I know it was a PRO too! While pitching around the greens I had a tendency of hitting it past my intended target. I believe with time I would be able to control this; I also do not use a PW around the greens. Just excited about the new wedge.

2. PRICE; at $149.00 dollars each..$25-50 dollars above others.

[b]The Takeaway four the 1[sup]st[/sup] outing: [/b]The most important part of selecting a wedge is finding the grind, the V-grind help me in all areas. This club SHINES from the fairway and the rough with VERY LITTLE DISTANCE LOST! I look forward to putting another review for my next outing this weekend. This was a quick review due to time and I was playing a longer course so I was hitting more 8-9 irons into greens. This coming week will be a driver/PW course so I will have a more detailed review.

IF I HAD TO CHOOSE TO "PURCHASE THIS" OR "FORGET THIS" BASED on one round...I WOULD PURCHASE THIS! These wedges are LEGIT and would be rated at or above any Titleist Vokey or "other" high end wedge. I just WISH I could outfit the rest of my bag with a 50, 54, 60 degree. SCOR golf if you are listening...help a brother out..see above!

Stay tuned.....

While i am not a member of this challenge i took advantage of the scor 51* demo last year. I hit it side by side with my Wishon 560mc AW. The scor was by far the most accurate wedge and user friendly i have ever tried. I only tried it out for 30 days but it made a big impression. i hit some of the best wedge shots I have ever hit when I had the scor. I play in hard pan areas and had no problems with contact.

Do I have one in my bag right now no. The only reason for this is because I don't play much so I can't justify spending the money when I only play a handful of times a year. Do I want them YES and if I can ever justify the expense i will purchase a full 5 club set. But for now i am just going to dream about having them in the bag one day.

If you play golf regularly you owe it to yourself to at least try one of these wedges out. Don't let the blade look scare you the wedge is designed the way it is for a reason not for tour pros but for consistency regardless of playing ability.

I want to say "thanks" to GolfWRX and SCOR for being chosen to particiapte in the P-club testing. I will post a detailed shortly. Already have one range session and 3 rounds under the belt with this club and very pleased with the results. I am waiting to play one round of league tonight since the course is set up where I am often using a PW or GW 90-120 yards out often on many of the holes. Cheers.

Callaway Epic Mini driver- 12.5* (Epic head, Mini Big Bertha shaft- Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 S)
TM Burner Superfast 2.0- 3 wood 15*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid (UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 S)- 18*
Maltby DBM (KBS Tour S)- 4-GW
Bridgestone J15 wedges (True Temper DG Spinner)- 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select

Thanks again to Scor Golf and Golf WRX for the opportunity to test out this wedge.

My Current set of irons are Titleist AP2 712's with KBS Tour V - S flex 110 gram shafts. The Scorfit system recommended a 47 degree with the 90 gram firm shaft to replace my AP2 PW.

The club comes with a head cover, ball mark repair tool and a bag tag to record your wedge distances.

The club has a nice satin finish to it and it looks very well made. There is a lot of muscle on this club and the face has very subtle milling marks. The grip is longer than a standard grip and has marks for when you need to choke up on the club for partial shots. A nice touch IMO.

I've played with it at the range and a 9 hole round of golf thus far.

Distance: Distance is consistent with my AP2 PW. I take a lot of full swings with the PW. The distance is pretty comparable. The Scor feels like it has a little more swing weight which I feel lets me get "on it" a little more when I need to.

The club has a good swing weight to it that allows for a more controlled swing.

Feel: Pure'd shots feel very nice like a good muscleback should. Off center hits are not jarring but you will clearly know you didn't hit the sweet spot.

Forgiveness: I made a few off center hits with the club and I didn't loose much if any distance. Fat shots will cost you some distance. Thin shots will go where you intended but you will get some roll out. There is a lot of muscle on this club and mishits still go in the direction you intended.

Accuracy: Its deadly accurate. The muscle sends the ball where you intended. My only issue is properly lining up the shot. The more wedgelike look (vs the more iron like look of the AP2) made lining up the shot a little different. It would be nice if it had some paintfill in the bottom groove to help with alignment. Either way, this is more an issue of getting used to the club.

Workability: I do work the ball every so often. I played around hitting draws and fades on range and was able to get very nice draws and hooks. I'm not so good at fading anything other than my driver but i was able to hit some decent fade shots. On the course yesterday, I hit my drive behind a tree and was able to hook the ball around the tree and down the fairway.

Turf Interaction: I was skeptical about the V-sole with the dual bounce but thus far, the club has handled tight lies and moderate rough with no problems. Conditions have been very soggy and I had no issues with the club digging too deeply. The rough I encountered yesterday was not particularly difficult. This feature is the one aspect of the club I am going to be most focused on. I like the idea of not having multiple bounces on hand but I am not yet sure if I can trust any club to handle all conditions. I'll keep posting my thoughts on this as I hit the club more.

Overall my initial impressions are that I like this club. It's American made and has a beautiful finish, classic muscleback look with a great balance of workability and forgiveness. I'm not 100% sold on the V-sole yet but so far it's performing as advertised.

I'll add more thoughts as I play with it more.

008small_zpsf20b8e96.jpg

Muscle v Cavity

016small_zps722f3ff1.jpg

020small_zps54977771.jpg

Grip Comparison (Standard size on the Scor, Mid Size on the Titleist)

010small_zps0fa47606.jpg

Scor 4161 along side Ping Tour-S 52, and Vokey SM4 52

045small_zps9b9ce1a6.jpg

008small_zpsf20b8e96.jpg

Review: SCOR Golf 48* forged P-club

Background info:

Current irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0 (4-AW) R flex (PW loft 45*, AW loft 50*)

Current wedges: Bridgestone J40 black oxide 56*

Cleveland 588 Forged RTG 60*

Current yardage: PW 115-130

AW 100-115

56* 85-100

60* < 80

SCOR p-club received: 48*, 2* up, .25” short, R flex.

Performance:

I would agree this club performs as marketed. Solid shots were smooth whereas mishits and off-center shots gave decent feedback without a painful resonance. I was able to control shots in the 115-125 yards range without over swinging. If my alignment was in place, this club was going straight for the target. The weight of the club gave me great confidence in the takeaway and helped me keep steady throughout the swing. The V-sole and leading edge grind is a great addition to prevent from digging in and should be playable from a multitude of lies. Side-by-side range comparison to my current PW, this performed better in having more consistent shots in relation to hitting the ball off different spots on the face.

Look and feel:

When I took the club out of the box I immediately noticed the back of the clubface. Smooth lines, no obnoxious plastic glued to it, and a shape that gives confidence when standing over it. The club has a thinner topline than my current PW, but not scary like a hard-to-hit butter knife blade. Second thing I noticed was the weight which I believe is perfect. I like swinging a heavier club, and currently have lead tape on my irons and wedges to get them into the D4-D5 swing weight range. The red Lampkin grip has a tacky feel to it and I’d be amiss to say I didn’t like the two “buttons” at the bottom to help with in-between shots and proper hand placement.

Summary:

During the SCOR online fitting process, I was given two options for club replacement after the 8 iron. First a set of five clubs (44, 48, 52, 56, 60) and a second option of four clubs (45, 50, 55, 60). I am strongly thinking of adding the 52* so that I can bag the 48* and not have a large gap between that and my current 56* SW. One problem I have with bagging five wedges is trying to stay within the 14 club rule with the woods and hybrid I normally carry. I only have one comment that I wouldn’t call a complaint. The headcover the club came with didn’t last long and was lost the second time out. In theory I understand the use and appreciate trying to protect a forged clubface, but if it’s any cost savings to the consumer, I would suggest eliminating them. Overall I thought this was an excellent club and well manufactured. I would feel confident in recommending this to someone shopping in the wedge market and stand by that these should be able to compete with the big name clubmakers. Thanks again to SCOR and GolfWRX on providing me the opportunity to provide my unpressured and unbiased review. Cheers.

pic4.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Callaway Epic Mini driver- 12.5* (Epic head, Mini Big Bertha shaft- Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 S)
TM Burner Superfast 2.0- 3 wood 15*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid (UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 S)- 18*
Maltby DBM (KBS Tour S)- 4-GW
Bridgestone J15 wedges (True Temper DG Spinner)- 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select

*quick review*

Didn't get to hit it at the range but I used the scor wedge a few times during my round yesterday afternoon. My normal shot shape on my short irons is a high-trajectory, baby draw with my 710 AP2's. The scor wedge is straight as an arrow with a slightly lower ball flight (possibly due to the shaft, S300 vs. made for KBS shaft with firm+ designation). It definitely is acurate. I was able to hit a few full swings fairly close to my intended target. I even had a shot into the green that ended up about 8 feet away and pin-high (the same shot I took with my AP2 ended up off the green and 10 yards past the hole). I had 2 shots that I hit off of the toe that still ended up going straight with not much distance lost. So far, I like the club for it's accuracy. I do hit my AP2 about 5-10 yards farther than the scor wedge and i never felt like I hit the sweet spot on the scor wedge even though the ball marks on the face suggest otherwise (no buttery feel you get from a mizuno or even the clicky, not-so-buttery-but-still-pretty-good feel from my titleist clubs).

I expect to give a more thorough review after some range sessions and a round or two in the next week.

Thanks to Scor and Golfwrx for the opportunity to try out this club and give my thoughts.

A bit about my game: Play to an 8 handicap, Ping i25 irons. I am a digger, play in the northeast so softer conditions more than hard. My home course is a relatively short course (6400 from the tips) Seth Raynor design. Location is very important, and there are a lot of sub 130 yard shots. With the i25’s I ordered the PW & U wedge, and play anser wedges of 54 & 60 degrees.

Scor Wedge:49 degree, stiff shaft and standard lie.(my u wedge is a 50 degree)

First impressions was wow it is a shiny and classic look. I liked the lines on the club from address and the weight was noticeable. With the weight I felt like I could swing slower(and more controlled) and the added weight would help with distance. (My hypothesis anyway….)

On the course, I have played with it in various conditions. I do feel that the added weight of the club helps on mishits and distance. I also think that the weight plays an important role in the thicker rough we have up north. The club could get through without getting caught. This was a big plus. Sometimes with the other wedges I would have to take quite a hack at the thicker rough shots and found the added swing speed could accentuate swing flaws. With the Scor wedge those shots were easier.

I do think that the v sole helped on some of the chips and pitches. Being able to open and close the face based on how tight the lie was helped. I found that the claims of more accurate distance was true. I don't know if I was concentrating more, but I seemed to be a bit more accurate with the scor wedge.

I am really on the fence with replacing my u wedge. I like that the i25 wedge has wider sole than the scor, but that is just a confidence thing. I was hitting the scor better. I would say I am 51%/49% going to replace. I would like to get a few more rounds under my belt first before I pull the trigger on the U wedge. I have to build up a bit of confidence with this club first.

I am going to be replacing my 54 and 60 degree wedges with scor clubs. I think that the scor clubs can help me shoot better scores and that is really all I care about.

I will update over the weekend. I have 18 planned on Friday.

Callaway Rouge LS

CobraLTDx 3 wood

Ping 425 4 hybrid

Ping iCrossover 18*

Mizuno 923 Forged 5-pw

SM9 50/56/60

Ping Kushin4

[quote name='jjcopeland7' timestamp='1403269520' post='9538481']
Just got back into town, so just took it out of the box last night.

First off here is the club specs: [size=2]Hand: Right, Loft: 47, Shaft: Steel - Genius 12 KBS Tour (120 grams), Shaft Flex: Firm, Shaft Length: Standard, Lie Angle: 2 up, Grip Size: Standard, Special Instructions: ** +1.5 Lie Angle *[/size]

I play Titleist AP2 irons and have a Vokey 52 and 60.

First Impression is that this wedge looks like a wedge and not a iron. It has a classic wedge shape at address that, to me, before even hitting it, brings confidence.
[/quote]

I have attached pictures comparing the SCOR 47 and my Titleist AP2 PW

[attachment=2293541:IMG_0011.JPG]
Side by side (SCOR on the right)

[attachment=2293543:IMG_0012.JPG]
Back edge

[attachment=2293551:IMG_0016h.jpg]
View from address(SCOR on the right)

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

So another round in the bag and the comparison between my Taylormade PW and the SCOR Golf wedge is getting VERY interesting! I recently played my local course, little shorter and softer due to some rain this week. I was playing late in the day so I could be by myself and hit has many balls as I wanted....trust me I did.

3rd hole was a short Par 4 so I hit 3 iron to about 125 and decided this would be a good chance to put a easy swing on it. I hit the following:
TM #1: Right of the green and long
TM# 2: Left short but on the green
TM# 3: Back right side of the green

SG: # 1: Center green
SG: # 2: Center green
SG # 3: Left side but only about 10-15 yards from 1st shot.

6th hole was a great opportunity to hit a hard 140 yard PW. This is about 5-7 yards outside my "ideal" distance but I wanted to step on a few.

TM #1: FAT, FAT, FAT
TM# 2: pulled left but pin high
TM# 3: pin high but 30 feet from the pin

SG: # 1: short but on the green
SG: # 2: short but on the green
SG # 3: right but about the same distance and the previous two

So the take away from that hole...good distance control but not as far as my TM.

The last hole I would like to talk about would be the 16th..short par 3 (129 yards - Sky Caddie)

TM #1: Long back right side
TM# 2: Long back right side
TM# 3: pin high 10 feet

SG: # 1: 12 feet from hole
SG: # 2: 15 feet from hole
SG # 3: 3 feet from hole (best swing of the day)

Take away; The SCOR Golf wedge is deadly accurate from your comfort distance. I

I AM LOVING THIS WEDGE so far....I will take accuracy over distance anytime! This weekend I will be traveling so I won't be able to post until Monday or Tuesday but I am playing TPC Louisiana so I will be able to try out my "rough" review.

ANYONE THAT IS IN THE MARKET FOR NEW WEDGES SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT THE SITE. http://www.scorgolf.com

Fourpar18

Thanks SCOR and GolfWRX for allowing me to do this review. I've spent a lot of time collecting info, and I'll try to make this fun to read for everyone.

First impression:

I'm not going to post the pics of the club because they are already on here. But Wow. This wedge is sexy. I received the 47 degree PW with a Genius 12 firm flex. This was going against a Mizuno MP32 with an X100. Both are standard length and lie. (Not off the rack, I'm actually fit into standard specs on my irons.)

Upon ripping the box open like a little kid on Christmas (because let's face it, it took a while to get here), I immediately noticed the SCOR was heavier by a ton compared to my Mizuno. Not in a bad way; I actually liked the heavier weight.

I took the wedge to my local golf course after work for a chipping session. I didn't focus on the dispersion. Just on the feel. The V sole gets thru the rough well, but i wouldn't recommend chipping off a tight lie. In my case, it did tend to dig a little. The feel was very responsive, and a little firmer than my Mizuno.

Range session.

My typical miss with my Mizuno irons overall is a hook. Not the case with the SCOR. This wedge is unbelievably accurate. I hit a high, boring cut time after time, after time. Workability is comparable to the Mizuno. Nothing outstanding, but the job gets done. I had no problem working the ball either way.

As far as trajectory control - When I hit a knock-down with the Mizuno, it typically has a low draw. Not the SCOR. Until this wedge, I've never been able to hit a punch-wedge dead straight. I was surprised. I opened the face of both wedges, and the Mizuno tended to be either a high cut, or a skull-crushing blade about 200 yards. The SCOR sole held it's own, even off a mat. Very easy to get under the ball with the blade open. On my second range session testing these two, I was hitting directly into the wind. The SCOR held it's own into the wind and didn't balloon at all. The Mizuno, well, not so much. It shot straight up time after time. I didn't think much of testing a wedge before the range sessions. Now I'm interested. Let's get this thing on Trackman.

Range Session Results:

Pros - This club will give you noticeable feedback when hit well or hit poorly. Overall feel is amazing. When hit thin, it doesn't punish you that bad. Consistent distance and accuracy.

Cons: When hit high on the face, I lost a considerable amount of distance. (10-12 yards via range finder). I'd rather piss my fiance' off than hit this club poorly. It's not an enjoyable feeling.

[attachment=2297529:trackman.jpg]

The even numbers are the SCOR wedge results. The odd are the Mizuno.

[attachment=2297535:fullswing.jpg]

This was the flight and dispersion with a full swing with the SCOR.

[attachment=2297539:knockdown.jpg]

And the knockdown.

I won't bore you with a paragraph about the results. The numbers are there. The SCOR did have much tighter dispersion than the Mizuno. I didn't get the picture of this, my apologies. But The SCOR was an average of 4-6 feet offline. While the Mizuno was around 12-14 feet (Overall).
I'd also like to note, I'm sorry for the clarity of the pictures. My tablet's camera isn't that great.

Numbers noted. Let's get on the course.

Round 1.

So here I am. Doing EVERYTHING in my power to get to a distance I can utilize this gift from God. Hole after hole, i couldn't get to a yardage. I digress.

I managed to lay up a par 5 to 119 yards. Normally, I'd hit my 53. But not today. I was determined to hit the SCOR. I choked up, hit a punch with a baby cut, and here are the results.The putter is there to show depth. (Note the pitch mark in the green.)

[attachment=2297585:Shot1.jpg]

This thing came in low, a few feet right of the pin, and came back with the fury of a thousand women. Too bad I 4-jacked the putt.

The best part of the shot wasn't the easy birdie. It was seeing there was absolutely NO SCUFFING on the ball. I couldn't believe it. I'll be honest, after that shot I didn't even bother hitting the Mizuno. I was too busy gloating to ThunderBuzzworth. (He was there playing alongside)

Ball used was a Hex Chrome +. Not the most durable ball out there, but wow. Not a single mark.

I was only able to hit this wedge one other time during this round. This time I hit the Mizuno as well. I was at 130 yards. The two I hit with the Mizuno were as follows:

Shot 1: Pin-high, 25' left of hole. Hit solid. (Spun 4 feet)
Shot 2: Directly over pin, 40' past pin. Hit thin.

SCOR:

Shot 1: 3-4 yards short of green. Hit fat.
Shot 2: Pin high. 6' right of pin. Hit solid. (Spun 10')

I left the head cover off the wedge for the round. I also wanted to test the durability of the steel (bag chatter). As of now, there are little to no marks. Will update if that changes.

Overall Recap:

Looks:

The overall appeal of the wedge compared to the Mizuno isn't even comparable.
Advantage: SCOR

Feel:

When hit solid -
When hit poorly -
Advantage: Mizuno

Distance:
Push. Too close to declare a winner.

Dispersion/Accuracy:
Advantage by a WIDE margin (literally): SCOR

Trajectory control:

Forgiveness Overall:

Ball scuffing:

Spin:
If you're looking for MORE spin, it goes to SCOR. However I haven't used it enough yet to tell how controllable the spin is. Will update.

Versatility:
Advantage: SCOR. Easily.

Bottom line -

I've found only one thing I dislike about this wedge being feel on mishits. Would I play the whole set over my current setup? ABSOLUTELY. This wedge has exceeded nearly all of the already high expectations I had for it. I'd recommend to anyone looking for a short game advantage. SCOR if you're listening, I'd LOVE to do a review on the rest of the setup you recommended for me ;)

Until then, I will update this forum with results as needed and continue to enjoy my new wedge. If anyone has any questions that I forgot to cover, please don't hesitate to message me!

Mike

Update:

6/29 - I played a round and forgot to test this wedge out of the sand. The forgiveness was incredible out of it. The bunkers were on the firmer side, as it rained earlier on in the day. However, from a fairway bunker 110 yards out, this wedge spun the ball a LOT. Close to 30'.I tried to knock a little spin off by closing it down and swinging easier (which typically works for me) and it had the same result. If you're in the fairway bunker hitting to a back pin location, I wouldn't recommend hitting this wedge (at least in this loft). Aside from that, the ball flight and accuracy were dead on.

Bag chatter is still non-existent after 36 holes. Walked this time too.

Just wanted to give everyone the update. I placed an order today to add a 54 and 60 degree to replace my anser wedges. I am really looking forward to getting them. Thanks to scor for giving me the opportunity to game these. I would never have been exposed to them without this website.

Callaway Rouge LS

CobraLTDx 3 wood

Ping 425 4 hybrid

Ping iCrossover 18*

Mizuno 923 Forged 5-pw

SM9 50/56/60

Ping Kushin4

Review: SCOR Golf 46* PW

Background info:

Current irons:
[indent=1]Titleist Combo set of 4-6 710 AP1 and 7-PW 710 AP2 (bent 1* strong to match up better with AP1's), 1* Up, S300 shafts, standard length, standard-size GP tour velvet[/indent]

Current wedges:
[indent=1]Titleist Vokey SM4 50 12*, 54 11*, 1* Up, S200, standard length, standard-length, GP tour velvet grips[/indent]
[indent=1]Titleist Vokey SM5 58 8*, S200 standard length, standard lie, GP tour velvet grip[/indent]

Current yardage:
[indent=1]PW 130-135
50* 115-120
54* 100-110
58* < 90[/indent]

SCOR PW: 46*, 1* up, +0.25”, firm+ steel shaft, midsize grip

Performance:

This club delivers on accuracy and forgiveness. There are days when I can hit the ball on the sweet spot every time and then there are times where i am all over the face. When I'm on the sweet spot with the Scor club, I was consistently around 125 yards with a very tight dispersion (for me). On full-swing misshits I lost distance (as low as 110 yards) but every shot was still on line with my intended target. I'm normally a sweeper so i had no issues with the club digging into the ground. I tried a few pitches and chip shots. The ball checks up nicely and seems to better at it then my current PW. To be honest though, for shots around the green I almost always use my vokeys now. It's always nice to have another option, especially one that performs very well.

Looks:

The Scor wedge looks more like a wedge than a muscleback. I like the satin finish. The top line is definitley not clunky. The grip is longer than the tour velvets i normally prefer. Overall based on looks, I wouldn't mind bagging a set of these even up to the 8-iron replacement.

Summary:
I used this club for two rounds and a couple range sessions. The first round i ended up taking 2 shots anytime I was within my normal PW range (~130 yards). First thing I noticed was the shorter distance (5-10 yards). As I mentioned in my earlier review, ball flight was not as high as my current PW and I was hitting it dead straight instead of a baby draw. It may be due to the shaft as it felt a little stiffer than my S300s. For the second round, I used the Scor club exclusively. I was certainly impressed by its ability to get me on the green. I even got to use it out of the dirt next to the trees when I chose to lay up after a bad tee shot. I had no issues getting it out cleanly.

Now for some of my minor gripes. The Scor club is forged but I never got that buttery feel when I hit a forged club on the sweet spot. Another thing that bugged me was everytime I used the scor club, it felt foreign or it didn't feel like it belonged in the set. I have used mixed sets before and didn't like it. I think switching out the grip to a tour velvet would probably help or just using that club more. The shorter range was another issue. I was using the club at times when I normally would've used my 50* Vokey.

Overall the scor club performs. If you want accuracy and forgiveness, please try it out. I think some of my gripes I could get over with more use and/or possibly switching out to a full set (8-iron to lob wedge). I'd love to try out a 50* and 58* as I use these wedges a lot more than I normally use my PW. If i was on the market for a complete set of wedges I would definitely check out Scor Golf. I'd like to again thank Scor Golf and GolfWRX for the opportunity. If anybody has any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask!

I for one would like to know how versatile this grind is on wacky lies around the greens in a 59 or 60 degree.

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='That Bob Guy' timestamp='1404324214' post='9624435']
How does the head size compare to other club heads and wedges? I have an older Eidolon gap wedge...would it be similar in size?
[/quote]

As compared to my Mizuno MP32, the overall size is surprisingly smaller. As said by a few in here, its shaped more like a wedge than an iron. I've never seen an Eidolon wedge in person, but based off the pictures I've seen, the SCOR looks more compact.

Does scor offer exotic shafts or just the genius?

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='That Bob Guy' timestamp='1404324214' post='9624435']
How does the head size compare to other club heads and wedges? I have an older Eidolon gap wedge...would it be similar in size?
[/quote]

Bob here are some pics that may help you. This is a 47 degree.

[attachment=2304353:M1.jpg]

[attachment=2304357:M2.jpg]

[attachment=2304359:M3.jpg]