2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

**UPDATED NOV 2020** The Dr’s bag | New TSI Woods | Titleist MB 620 | ***

So I removed the back weight on the M1 and put 6grams of hotmelt into the toe, feel and performance is good with the speeder 8.1vc X

Leading combo right now is the M1 w/ the speeder vc 8.1x. (Though the m9003x needs more testing with the new weight set up )

***As always the SFTP 2.0 LCG speeder 8.1x is always lurking for playing time*****

Sprinkling in some range time with the ahina 80x in some of the heads, just do not like it as much as the speeder 8.1 or an ad di 8x for the 80 gram range

Picked up a r15 430 tour issue 8.5 head, WOW, freakish low spin with the m9003x - WAYYYYY too low, ave 1600-1700, NFG (no F____ good for my game) any high swing guys with spin issues , a r15 430 + m9003 is the answer (@110 ~ 112 ish) too low spin for me, though I'll continue to try it because the m9003 feels so smooth, but if I can't get it to work with my swing, then it just won't work. May try an AD DI 8x (yes I know the head design , GC, and loft have more to do with the shaft, but if I can get 300-500 more rpm with a shaf change this head maybe for me). Was playing with the r15 wide open and had to shut it down as it was too right bias for me. Interesting head, since my miss is low, very much liking the deep face.

Ordering a Ad Di 8x (as this shaft comprised of my best driver combo ever - like a true wrx'er I sold it like a fool)

Got an incoming AD DI , and just Pick up a shaft I was looking for a long time a Fujikura PRO Tour Spec 83x , pulled out a PRO Tour spec 73 and was testing with the m1 head on the range, no trackman yet, but the ball flight and performance looked good. Like the feel of 80 gram driver shafts, my all time favorite is the Rombax P95

Will advise

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

B stamps are in the bag , + 6 of hot melt into the m1 and removed the back weight

Small update

Very much liking these irons, though played 2 rounds, finding them very VERY LONG??? Of course, asked the eBay seller if they where standard spec loft, oh yeah was the reply. Of course when I had them measured they where 2* strong from what I was used too. 1* strong from TMAG Spec. I had planned to have them checked anyway after I played them some. Really caught my attention normal 7i 175 -185 yd, hitting into a pin @ 190 and flew the green on a normal swing by 10 yds. Of course the 7i was 2* strong, as I play pretty traditional lofts 32* 6i, (the B's 6i was 30 when measured, PW 46, my normal pw is 48*), so I had a not so good gap going into the my 54* degree wedge.

It was a little frustrated with the yardages trying to adjust on the fly, but got them "mitchell'd" yesterday

Non-WRX used sets are always std. l/l/l...

I shouldn't laugh but can't help myself as I went through the same thing with some cb501's last summer. Nuking an 8i's 15 yards over the gree on #16. Man, those B stamps are such great looking irons, they are growing on me, so clean!

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

B stamps are in the bag , + 6 of hot melt into the m1 and removed the back weight

Small update

Very much liking these irons, though played 2 rounds, finding them very VERY LONG??? Of course, asked the eBay seller if they where standard spec loft, oh yeah was the reply. Of course when I had them measured they where 2* strong from what I was used too. 1* strong from TMAG Spec. I had planned to have them checked anyway after I played them some. Really caught my attention normal 7i 175 -185 yd, hitting into a pin @ 190 and flew the green on a normal swing by 10 yds. Of course the 7i was 2* strong, as I play pretty traditional lofts 32* 6i, (the B's 6i was 30 when measured, PW 46, my normal pw is 48*), so I had a not so good gap going into the my 54* degree wedge.

It was a little frustrated with the yardages trying to adjust on the fly, but got them "mitchell'd" yesterday

Non-WRX used sets are always std. l/l/l...

I shouldn't laugh but can't help myself as I went through the same thing with some cb501's last summer. Nuking an 8i's 15 yards over the gree on #16. Man, those B stamps are such great looking irons, they are growing on me, so clean!

Yeah I figured they might be off, hell oem direct , I have my builder measure them, so par for the course

Don't get me wrong , I miss my mizuno's ; to compare , the mizuno's are like a Ferrari and the tp's are like a GT40, both top performers

Though from a performance stand point where I like the tp b's better is the leading edge and zero offset, I'd have to go yoro craft to get those specs @ 1500+

The B's are surprising soft IMOP

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Side note to begin with , SFTP 2.0 LCG coupled with the speeder vc 8.1x hangs in there with all, not going to be stupid and get rid of it ever!!!!!

**really like the AD M9003x, but it just spins too low for me on some of these heads, ~1600ish**** awesome feeling and straight down the pipe performer

Perm Back up - SFTP LCG (would game it, but on mishits the spin is higher than the other two options - on good shots, its right up there with the new offerings)

2. R15 head .... shafted with either AD DI 8x or a Speeder vc 8.1x (need more testing with the ADI DI 8x or Fujikura 83x Tour Spec) head is very very close to the M1 9.5 460

1. M1 460 9.5* w/ Fujikura PRO 83x Tour Spec , Removed the back weight, 6grams of Hot Melt in the Toe.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

CPM Note on setting up the AD DI 8x

Raw shaft uncut (no grip) - 269 CPM

Tipped 1" - 280

Tipped 1.5" - 285

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 2 weeks later...

And the big stick is, R15 430 w/ the ADI DI 8x

Of note with the R15 430, really reminds me of my old R11s - what ever this head is, it appears at address to be very flat lie angle which I like

- The shafts + heads on the r15 430 are about ~.25" longer in the r15 430 than the m1

- my findings the r15 430 is lower spinning than the m1 460

- I cannot with the tour 8.5* head play a low spinning shaft in the r15 430 head, with about +1 AOA, spin is too low @ 1600ish

Admittedly the Pro Tour Spec 83x needs some range time. I really want to bag the M1 with the ad di, the feel on the r15 is a touch better IMOP.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

R15 still in the lead. Working with the M1 / Pro TS 83x , SFTP 2.0 LCG always there ready to go.

*Really like corded grips and fiddle with them on the putter now and again, for some reason, always go back to a rubber slight tack and softer putter grip* got a stock betti grip on now- slightly bigger than a ping man, same feel IMOP

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 4 weeks later...

Shaft trials and testing have produced the following standouts

AD DI 8x

Speeder VC 8.1x

PRO 83x TS

After trackman testing and some on the course trials, I'm back to the old standard - Speeder VC 8.1x with the M1 head

2200 - 2600 spin, good BS , LA , and carry fit my game

I desperately want to game the AD DI , the launch characteristics I can generate on certain shots is very appealing, for consistency/ accuracy the Speeder is King. Though vs the AD DI, the speeder I need work on LA whereas the AD DI profile, LA came without effort.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 2 weeks later...

Shaft trials and testing have produced the following standouts

AD DI 8x

Speeder VC 8.1x

PRO 83x TS

After trackman testing and some on the course trials, I'm back to the old standard - Speeder VC 8.1x with the M1 head

2200 - 2600 spin, good BS , LA , and carry fit my game

I desperately want to game the AD DI , the launch characteristics I can generate on certain shots is very appealing, for consistency/ accuracy the Speeder is King. Though vs the AD DI, the speeder I need work on LA whereas the AD DI profile, LA came without effort.

Side note on Spin - Speeder VC 8.1x ~ 2300 - 2600

AD DI ~ 1900 2200 can be lower if the AOA is around 4-5

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Test for the craps and giggles

Not quite sure if it's legit or not, not familiar with the Yellow sticker on a Motor shaft, though that was from the R9 days, many moons ago

The F1 set up is 14 grams lighter than the AD DI 8x

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a ad di9x to test some TS heads in

*my old beat r15 3w is going to be hard to beat*

Also the rombax p95 is sooooooo solid

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 2 weeks later...

Wedges Changing the wedges back to S400 TI - love the x200 ssx1 on the full shots, but I feel I'm hurting a bit around the green and half shots.

Trial for fairway shaft - AD DI 9x , really a tall glass for that shaft to fill vs the Rombax p95x and my FIt on Pro 95xx

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Sort of a putter grip ho

attachment=3449016:image.jpg]

Still searching , up on deck iomic Classic

Two favorites - grey bettinardi and the Lamkin full cord , pingman is always in the back of the mind

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Just bought a ad di9x to test some TS heads in

*my old beat r15 3w is going to be hard to beat*

Also the rombax p95 is sooooooo solid

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

How's that DI9x working out??

Also, if you don't mind, I'm thinking seriously about grabbing a DI 8X for my driver. I've been using the OG Whiteboard forever, would you be able to compare the 2 if you played both? Or could you describe how the DI feels and plays for you? Any input would be awesome!

How's that DI9x working out??

Also, if you don't mind, I'm thinking seriously about grabbing a DI 8X for my driver. I've been using the OG Whiteboard forever, would you be able to compare the 2 if you played both? Or could you describe how the DI feels and plays for you? Any input would be awesome!

9x - http://www.golfwrx.c...tensei-ck-blue/

Now for the 8x, Ive had two of them, sold one like a True WRX dummkopf and never should have. my first AD DI 8x wasn't tipped nearly as much as the one I have now.

What suprises me about the shaft is the launch and spin, very nice LA but the spin is LOW, in some cases if you attack with an aggressive AOA its too low. Feel, well its a the AD DI feel but super stable.

So ive had the new D+ white series, and a Ahina 80x, that about as close as ive come to a OG White board. ~ IMOP once you start getting into the 80,90,100 gram range its not the stiffness that sets the shafts apart, but the feel.

Though ahina 80x vs the AD DI 8x is a touch softer CPM when measured, I could drop the Ahina shaft in the driver and play it today without question. The profiles, my personally opinion do not find them radically different, the Cool clubs app shows some similarity in the profile, HOWEVER, I feel there are two key differentials in the two; the AD DI absolutely launches higher, not by like 5 * or so, but with my swing the LA is higher with the same driver head. If you want to Gorilla swing it, the AHINA feels better for a super aggressive "hitter", with that said, the AD DI 8x will take anything you throw at it, toward the bottom of the swing path is where I think the two shafts differ ever so slightly

If you go the way of the AD DI do not be afraid to tip it. I think raw was something like 272ish, tipped the driver 1.5" to play @ 280~

Good luck

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Bag update

I'm a true wrx putter grip HO ~ but ive found something with the Iomic I Classic (pistol shape , think Cameron Pistolini , but way Better)

Switch is on back to the S400 , x200 sxx1 awesome on full shots, but I feel like ive suffered for the quarter shot short game area.

**In bound a M1 TS Fairway head** my R15 3w 15* is ROCK Solid, love it off the tee and deck, so if the m1 cant eclipse that head it would have longevity in the bag. But with the T-MB being so strong off the deck and tee - carry 240 ~, I want to increase that gap a touch btw the 2i and 3w - 9.5* driver , 14.2 Fairway , 18* 2 iron , 22* 3i

Going to set up a fitting @ Bettinardi in the fall, I LOVE MY BB0 putter, but have never been fit for a flat stick, I recently cut down the BB0 to 34.25" but I think I might be more comfortable with 35. Minus rounds and rounds of guess and check, and since ive never had a putter fitting, which how many shots during the round are executed with the flat stick, a fitting is criminal not to do. Needless to say I'm eager to hear what the pro's say. HIGHLY doubt I'm going to move off the BB0, possibly some tweaks, but if something earth shattering comes up there could be a change.

TMAG R9 TP "B Stamps" - In - F_______G - credible , coupled with DGX7, just about mizuno soft, and zero offset. I am on the hunt for a back up set, though a YOROCraft mizuno custom set of irons could get me there :-) Ball flight is insane and the performance with the x7's is what I have been looking for.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Thanks for the insight, that's exactly what I wanted to hear actually. I'm looking at a used DI8, it says it's tipped 1" so that might actually be perfect for me. I just really want to move up in weight, the Whiteboard is a great shaft but it does feel light to me now.

LOL, sorry about asking how the 9X went, I've been all over the place with multiple tabs open looking at shaft specs. Didn't realize I read your review haha.

Lastly, do you have any experience with the Fuji Motore F3 110X or Matrix HD10?? I thinking about grabbing one of them for my 3 wood. I actually saw a DI10X on the bay a few months back but wasn't sure it was real, didn't know those existed.

BTW Sweet bag!

Thanks for the insight, that's exactly what I wanted to hear actually. I'm looking at a used DI8, it says it's tipped 1" so that might actually be perfect for me. I just really want to move up in weight, the Whiteboard is a great shaft but it does feel light to me now.

LOL, sorry about asking how the 9X went, I've been all over the place with multiple tabs open looking at shaft specs. Didn't realize I read your review haha.

Lastly, do you have any experience with the Fuji Motore F3 110X or Matrix HD10?? I thinking about grabbing one of them for my 3 wood. I actually saw a DI10X on the bay a few months back but wasn't sure it was real, didn't know those existed.

BTW Sweet bag!

Thanks

Sorry if my link was portrayed as flippant , wasn't meant to be just wanted to share that info with you.

I think you'll be pleased at the launch vs spin with the ad di , and comes with that graphite design feel

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

BTW Sweet bag!

Thanks

Sorry if my link was portrayed as flippant , wasn't meant to be just wanted to share that info with you.

I think you'll be pleased at the launch vs spin with the ad di , and comes with that graphite design feel

Didn't think it was flippant at all! I'm just all over the place these past few weeks, didn't even remember reading your review. LOL It's all good :)

Thanks, I'm sold, I'm gonna order the shaft tomorrow!! It'll be paired up with my Cally 815 DBD. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it! :hi:

How is that Pro 83 in the FWY?

Unfortunately I've never used that shaft in a fairway application - mid launch , not speeder tour spec stiff feeling , think softer mid section of the shaft IMOP, but more form than my speeder vc 8.1x (non TS)

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Famous wrx last words, hell on our tombstones, it would read "update next week , check BST "

Anyway - bag set for the time being

Putter lengthen to 35-1/4 ~ just more comfortable standing tall to the line

S400 back in the wedges - there is going to be an adjustment period

M1 TS in the bag and fairway shaft switch to ad di 9x

New work out program @ the gym to augment on the course efforts

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately my sm6 experiment came to a tragic end.

Been hundreds of rounds and 15+ years since I broke on intentionally

Indian not the arrow

#indianfail

Replaced with a sm5 raw

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 2 weeks later...

Should go in the bag

Someone had left this club at the shop as a donation , guys where toying around with it on trackman - for 10-30 club , Maybe I should bag it

10.5loft

107-109 mph ss

2400 rpm on good strikes , high was 3500 ish - very easy to ballon up - shaft not the best some sort of metal shaft - +3 AOA

260-270 carry - had some nasty misses till I got used to it

250 off the deck :-)

Like wine, vintage clubs aren't bad

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• 4 weeks later...

Have an issue , at least unlike my wife's hand bags or shoes , these aren't too costly

Surprisingly I've been leaning toward the I Classic Mid ~ 72g with 5 Wraps

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• drbonesvt changed the title to **UPDATED NOV 2020** The Dr’s bag | New TSI Woods | Titleist MB 620 | ***