2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Some ideas about the trail arm straightening

GeoffDickson

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1416346427' post='10468515']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1416331939' post='10467111']
He can't post a picture because it wouldn't look like a backswing and the left wrist wouldn't be cocked. He said he does it so he should be able to post a picture of himself with a fully cocked left wrist but a level right wrist.
[/quote]

Wow. Extend both arms up to the top of the TSP with a level, bent right wrist and partially cocked, flat left wrist. Now bend the right elbow to your max til the upper right arm is against the torso, cocking the left wrist. I get 90 degs with short arms, so someone with long arms should get 90 degs before the upper arm reaches the torso.

The purpose of this is to get a direct equivalence between left wrist c0ck and right elbow c0ck. Then you can reduce the swing to simply swinging the right forearm, which, with the bent, level right wrist, is in perfect impact alignment. Homer Kelley called this THE MAGIC OF THE RIGHT FOREARM.
[/quote]

Again post a video or photo of you with a fully cocked left wrist and a level right wrist.

I know what homer says. And I know what happens in all players I've ever seen measured with 3d equipment. Again where is the swing with a level right wrist at the top of the swing. Gay and Trevino are the closest but still cocked. Neither also set the club anywhere near 90* in the backswing.

I've offered evidence. Even disapproving with evidence the guys you say have level wrist when in fact they are cocked. I even showered when and where they changed from level to cocked. Again you keep dodging questions like you're Patches O'Hoolighan

[quote name='pick it up' timestamp='1416348034' post='10468655']
No such thing as swingers and hitters! There is pulling and pushing in a full golf swing . Maybe TGM Physics has the proof that a person can just have one pulling force through an entire golf swing or just a pushing force...love to see that evidence!
[/quote]

Wow, we've run the gamut - you say there's no such thing as swingers and hitters, and ipreach says everyone is both.

No such thing as swingers and hitters! There is pulling and pushing in a full golf swing . Maybe TGM Physics has the proof that a person can just have one pulling force through an entire golf swing or just a pushing force...love to see that evidence!
[/quote]

Wow, we've run the gamut - you say there's no such thing as swingers and hitters, and ipreach says everyone is both.

He can't post a picture because it wouldn't look like a backswing and the left wrist wouldn't be cocked. He said he does it so he should be able to post a picture of himself with a fully cocked left wrist but a level right wrist.
[/quote]

Wow. Extend both arms up to the top of the TSP with a level, bent right wrist and partially cocked, flat left wrist. Now bend the right elbow to your max til the upper right arm is against the torso, cocking the left wrist. I get 90 degs with short arms, so someone with long arms should get 90 degs before the upper arm reaches the torso.

The purpose of this is to get a direct equivalence between left wrist c0ck and right elbow c0ck. Then you can reduce the swing to simply swinging the right forearm, which, with the bent, level right wrist, is in perfect impact alignment. Homer Kelley called this THE MAGIC OF THE RIGHT FOREARM.
[/quote]
The magic of the right forearm refers to the right elbow controlling all three dimensions of impact. That does not require the arm straightening to control left wrist c0ck. He says right arm straightening moves left arm down and out and/OR uncocks left wrist. And/or means one or the other or both. You are interpreting what you want to believe. Just put up a vid or photo to prove your point. That should be very easy if you are correct.

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1416348833' post='10468773']
It's saying the same thing. Nobody is just a swing or hitter. Everyone use both throughout the swing. I know this complicated and tough for you to understand.
[/quote]

Yea, I'm trouble seeing how if I execute a 3 barrel TSP Swing with a passive right triceps, it somehow gets fired anyway. Must be some inner demon acting against my will.

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1416349254' post='10468809']
It's saying the same thing. Nobody is just a swing or hitter. Everyone use both throughout the swing. I know this complicated and tough for you to understand.
[/quote]

Yea, I'm trouble seeing how if I execute a 3 barrel TSP Swing with a passive right triceps, it somehow gets fired anyway. Must be some inner demon acting against my will.
[/quote]

Do you extend your arm in your swing? If so, you're firing your triceps. Hell, unless your arm is completely flexed your triceps are firing just to stabilize

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1416349338' post='10468821']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you extend your arm in your swing? If so, you're firing your triceps. Hell, unless your arm is completely flexed your triceps are firing just to stabilize
[/quote]

Thats the part I brought up earlier which he ignored. I asked him to show me a single two handed golfer who didn't fire the triceps coming down.

If the right arm straightens at all the tricep is firing. Just because you aren't intentionally firing doesn't mean it isn't happening. It's not an inner demon its facts and you know physics and anatomy. Which you show aren't your strong suits in this thread.

So please explain to everybody how you can straighten your right arm without your tricep firing. I can post the picture of the shovel again if you want. The more you talk the dumber you look and the bigger hole you are digging.

I don't get the c0cking 1 wrist while keeping the other level. At address you're starting with both wrists being in essentially the same amount of c0ck. So to get a difference between the two of them in the amount of c0ck, they'd have to slide between themselves or regrip. Not sure I've ever seen anyone recommend that on a golf shot.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1416349892' post='10468873']
I don't get the c0cking 1 wrist while keeping the other level. At address you're starting with both wrists being in essentially the same amount of c0ck. So to get a difference between the two of them in the amount of c0ck, they'd have to slide between themselves or regrip. Not sure I've ever seen anyone recommend that on a golf shot.
[/quote]

You'd have to ask our anatomy expert MizunoJoe

[/quote]

[/quote]
It honestly sounds like you read a few parts of TGM and are acting like an expert. Right tricep is active whether hitting or swinging, or a combo of both. Keep digging.

[quote name='JPGolf FL' timestamp='1416348956' post='10468787']
[/quote]

[/quote]
The magic of the right forearm refers to the right elbow controlling all three dimensions of impact. That does not require the arm straightening to control left wrist c0ck. He says right arm straightening moves left arm down and out and/OR uncocks left wrist. And/or means one or the other or both. You are interpreting what you want to believe. Just put up a vid or photo to prove your point. That should be very easy if you are correct.
[/quote]

I wasn't quoting the book's def of TMOTRF. Since the right elbow controls 3-d impact, swinging the right forearm is the swing, which is the magic. And you omitted the important phrase - ...c0ck AND UNCOCK the Left Wrist without Bending, Flattening or "Cocking the Right Wrist". Whether you like it or not, or do it or not is your problem, since I described in detail how to do it. Always keeping the right wrist bent and level is IDEAL. 6-B-3-0-1, pg 71 - last sentence. Or did I interpret it that way just because I wanted to believe it?

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1416348670' post='10468757']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Iteach and myself are saying the same thing, seems fairly simple to understand.

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1416350955' post='10468975']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I wasn't quoting the book's def of TMOTRF. Since the right elbow controls 3-d impact, swinging the right forearm is the swing, which is the magic. And you omitted the important phrase - ...c0ck AND UNCOCK the Left Wrist without Bending, Flattening or "Cocking the Right Wrist". Whether you like it or not, or do it or not is your problem, since I described in detail how to do it. Always keeping the right wrist bent and level is IDEAL. 6-B-3-0-1, pg 71 - last sentence. Or did I interpret it that way just because I wanted to believe it?
[/quote]

Love to see how you can c0ck the left wrist without affecting the right wrist.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It might be ideal, but unattainable in reality because of the two phenomena I have already mentioned in my earlier posts.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Dense...... I didn't leave anything out. You are interpreting what you want to hear. That sentence also said without BENDING the right wrist. That doesn't mean it's not already bent.....or cocked. It means don't allow the right arm straightening to change wrist right conditions. Reading comprehension goes a long way in TGM.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your post illustrates exactly why I can't stand the yellow book, it is based on an incomplete and flawed physical model with questionable physics. To top it off, the writing is incomprehensible which allows "interpreters" to build a money making machine teaching people gobbled gook that is only somewhat related to physical reality. Jingoism taken to the extreme. To think I wasted my time reading that book twice - once in the order given in the errata sheet and once in book order. Emblazoned that crock in my memory.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='pick it up' timestamp='1416351474' post='10469027']
I just realized how to do it. One arm swings! :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

Why I said two armed golfer.

Why do you dodge the question about right tricep firing and how you can straighten the right arm without it firing? Or how if both wrist are level at address and one of them cocks how the other one would remain level without regripping? If hands are together holding onto a straight rigid object I'm confused how you can change alignments of one hand without changing the alignments of the other.

Remember lala land? How about you just answer the questions or admit you are wrong. Dodging them makes you way worse.

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1416352182' post='10469093']
[/quote]

Why do you dodge the question about right tricep firing and how you can straighten the right arm without it firing? Or how if both wrist are level at address and one of them cocks how the other one would remain level without regripping? If hands are together holding onto a straight rigid object I'm confused how you can change alignments of one hand without changing the alignments of the other.

Remember lala land? How about you just answer the questions or admit you are wrong. Dodging them makes you way worse.
[/quote]

I think you meant that post for Mizuno. I agree with you 1000% The one arm swing was a joke.

[quote name='pick it up' timestamp='1416352440' post='10469117']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you meant that post for Mizuno. I agree with you 1000% The one arm swing was a joke.
[/quote]

That is for Mizuno. I replying to your post saying I covered that base earlier by saying it had to be a two armed golfer

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1416352821' post='10469151']
[quote name='pick it up' timestamp='1416352440' post='10469117']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is for Mizuno. I replying to your post saying I covered that base earlier by saying it had to be a two armed golfer
[/quote]

Yeah but you were serious so it doesn't count..lol!

[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1416349636' post='10468853']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats the part I brought up earlier which he ignored. I asked him to show me a single two handed golfer who didn't fire the triceps coming down.

If the right arm straightens at all the tricep is firing. Just because you aren't intentionally firing doesn't mean it isn't happening. It's not an inner demon its facts and you know physics and anatomy. Which you show aren't your strong suits in this thread.

So please explain to everybody how you can straighten your right arm without your tricep firing. I can post the picture of the shovel again if you want. The more you talk the dumber you look and the bigger hole you are digging.
[/quote]

Resorting to insults proves that's all you got. The arms are extended in the follow through, not through the impact interval, after ball separation, so make no contribution to ball speed. Which is why the 3 barrel Swing has no # 1 PA, just as Homer said. You should use that shovel to clean up the crap you post posing as an expert, who knows all the lies in TGM. You should attend one of Lynn Blake's workshops and clue him in on Swinging and Hitting, now that would be great entertainment

[quote name='MizunoJoe' timestamp='1416353762' post='10469227']
[quote name='iteachgolf' timestamp='1416349636' post='10468853']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Resorting to insults proves that's all you got. The arms are extended in the follow through, not through the impact interval, after ball separation, so make no contribution to ball speed. Which is why the 3 barrel Swing has no # 1 PA, just as Homer said. You should use that shovel to clean up the crap you post posing as an expert, who knows all the lies in TGM. You should attend one of Lynn Blake's workshops and clue him in on Swinging and Hitting, now that would be great entertainment
[/quote]

So you're saying your right arm is bent the exact same amount at the top of the swing as it is at impact?

Again I know reading comprehension is difficult but straighten the right arm isn't the same as a straight right arm. To straighten means to become more straight or in other words less bent. If the right arm straightens at all the tricep is firing.

I'm not spewing any crap and I'm not the one with reading comprehension issues. You still didn't answer either question.

How can right arm straighten, or for you become less bent, without firing right tricep?

How can both wrist be level at address, and then you c0ck one wrist without cocking the other wrist (without moving hands on the grip)? How can you have the wrist action of one have no affect on the other?