2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Some great deals on Fourteen golf equipment

Bimmer1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so anyone who bought the fh-1000 deal, have they shipped yet? Mine still haven't.

Callaway Rogue ST LS ***  Fujikura Rombax Type X
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
Callaway Rogue ST LS 5wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
Callaway TCB 4-GW w/Project X 6.0
Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

If you chose free shipping Amazon usually takes a little while to ship. Check your "orders" section on Amazon and they usually say "preparing for shipment"' "Shipping now" or "shipped". I have been using Amazon for years and anything bought directly from Amazon and available with free shipping has been fine. I have already received several low priced Fourteen wedges this past week from them so we shouldn't be afraid of their clearance pricing. It seems legit unless something happens. The prices were only cheap if you bought directly from Amazon. People keep wondering why the prices went up after someone bought an item but once Amazon was down to one item left or sold completely out then the item was either unavailable from that point or the pricing went back to normal retail pricing because it is now being offered through one of Amazon's dealers like Golfio, etc and not directly from Amazon. Only the Fourteen items sold and shipped directly from Amazon were offered at a good price.

I'm still waiting on the ladies TC-330 irons I bought for my daughter to ship. They ship fast right before Christmas then shipping slows down a little.

[quote name='cmrl1986' timestamp='1419625446' post='10644169']
OK so anyone who bought the fh-1000 deal, have they shipped yet? Mine still haven't.
[/quote]bought the 3-pw stiff for $620, even though I don't play a 3. Saw the regs there at the time for cheaper but didn't want to reshaft. Would have cost $110 plus shaft and grips, didn't want to do the work myself and screw up. Hope to sell off the 3. Anyway mine has shipped should be here Monday.

cally dbd 9*
TEE CB Pro 14.5 & 17.5
Callaway x utility graphite 21*
Fourteen FH1000 4-p
Fourteen rm12 52/10, 58/8
Odyssey black series tour design #4
WITB Link

[quote name='freeze1617' timestamp='1419446208' post='10637999']
[quote name='Buzzkill' timestamp='1419436436' post='10637289']
[quote name='freeze1617' timestamp='1419430127' post='10636851']
I have seen this for the last week. Picked up the [u][b]FH-1000[/b][/u] 3-pw stiff flex for $620. I don't know if I will keep them, but the deal was hard to resist. Like said before [u][b]the reg flex is $500, that is 4-pw[/b][/u]. And reg flex is a hard sell if you don't want them.
[/quote]

That's a definitely a great price for someone who loves blades and more people would fit into a regular shaft than they think!
[/quote][quote name='Buzzkill' timestamp='1419436436' post='10637289']
[quote name='freeze1617' timestamp='1419430127' post='10636851']
I have seen this for the last week. Picked up the [u][b]FH-1000[/b][/u] 3-pw stiff flex for $620. I don't know if I will keep them, but the deal was hard to resist. Like said before [u][b]the reg flex is $500, that is 4-pw[/b][/u]. And reg flex is a hard sell if you don't want them.
[/quote]

That's a definitely a great price for someone who loves blades and more people would fit into a regular shaft than they think!
[/quote]might be true. But those who play blades are good players or they want to look like a good player. And they mostly won't play a regular flex out of pride
[/quote]Oh heck do the ultimate poser thing change the shaft bands. Or be like me don't give two hoots Now I play FST 90s and have the shaft bands on them and don't mind someone seeing them

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

[quote name='fat eel' timestamp='1419491376' post='10640053']
Bought the 555 regular shaft set, many thanks to Bimmer1 buddy, you are awesome :)
[/quote]

Got an email from Amazon that the iron set isn't available and cancelled my order. Very disappointing and poor form from Amazon that they actually don't have the actual item in stock. Oh well, sh*t happens! The search continues!

[quote name='fat eel' timestamp='1419727269' post='10648777']
[quote name='fat eel' timestamp='1419491376' post='10640053']
Bought the 555 regular shaft set, many thanks to Bimmer1 buddy, you are awesome :)
[/quote]

Got an email from Amazon that the iron set isn't available and cancelled my order. Very disappointing and poor form from Amazon that they actually don't have the actual item in stock. Oh well, sh*t happens! The search continues!
[/quote]

U just made me check my email!

Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

[quote name='flopshot99' timestamp='1419730574' post='10648961']
wow, someone at fourteen..i believe a lady who works there was behind all these items going on amazon etc..id call her Monday if ur orde was cancelled
[/quote]

Most likely. The folks at Fourteen in Irvine are really nice, if you tell them what Amazon did, bet you they'd honor that price, and actually get you the set that you wanted with the right shafts. Just email them the paperwork after you talk to them. I'd bet money they send you a set.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

I got the deal on the FH-1000'S. just got an email saying that they've shipped and should be here next Friday.

Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

[quote name='Kingcat990' timestamp='1419740390' post='10649795']
[quote name='flopshot99' timestamp='1419730574' post='10648961']
wow, someone at fourteen..i believe a lady who works there was behind all these items going on amazon etc..id call her Monday if ur orde was cancelled
[/quote]

Most likely. The folks at Fourteen in Irvine are really nice, if you tell them what Amazon did, bet you they'd honor that price, and actually get you the set that you wanted with the right shafts. Just email them the paperwork after you talk to them. I'd bet money they send you a set.
[/quote]

Ok boys Thx for the advice. I will give the Fourteen lady a call on Mon and see what she is willing to do.

Anyone else get the driver?

Mine came yesterday, beautiful, brand new, all from factory and nice. But I was wondering, is a 48" shaft normal for this thing? It makes my titliest 913 look like a 3 wood and is weird at address. I guess it for distance but 48" is pretty borderline carnival style. What's up with that?

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1419943773' post='10659439']
Anyone else get the driver?

Mine came yesterday, beautiful, brand new, all from factory and nice. But I was wondering, is a 48" shaft normal for this thing? It makes my titliest 913 look like a 3 wood and is weird at address. I guess it for distance but 48" is pretty borderline carnival style. What's up with that?
[/quote]it is alittle strange that Fourteen would produce a driver with that length shaft. The market for their drivers is so small and they make it smaller with that shaft. To reshaft it kinda ruins the deal. If you don't want, don't use it and send it back. Be hard to get your money out of it when you put another two bills for a reshaft.

cally dbd 9*
TEE CB Pro 14.5 & 17.5
Fourteen FH1000 4-p
WITB Link

I got back from the range a little bit ago.

Here is the deal. I lead taped my 913 driver to D8 and have it set for max fade. I hit it much better than before and overall really very happy. Had I done this earlier I probably would have passed on the fourteen deal.

The fourteen didn't feel better at impact which was by far the most disappointing thing about it. I was also really erratic with it and even straight up sliced a few. It was however a true bomber. At the range it was hard to tell, but I couldn't hit any of my drives with the 913 through the range and I outhit the range a solid handful of times with the fourteen. Also it ran like hell. My 913 drives ran like 5 yards, the fourteen drives landed roughly the same unless a really good one but ran out like 15+ yards on the range. I could easily see this being 15-20 or more farther on course conditions, but I can't game it as is.

So. I need to figure out if I should just sell it and move on, or cut the shaft it has and lead tape it. I thought about reshafting as well. I wish I knew how much of the distance and accuracy discrepancies were strictly shaft related to help make this decision. I mean, I would think from a science perspective the extra 2 1/2" of shaft is doing more for distance than anything head related.

I really can't figure out what I want to do. Part of me wants to just put on eBay and see what happens, another part of me wants to cut it, then see, then if that is a no go, get a decent shaft on eBay under $130 and reshaft it. The tip seems a little loose and I have a late release.

Toward the end of my session I had it way more under control, but that is like getting an F on a test and then doing way better and getting a C. It was however enough to make me question selling it.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1420027034' post='10664337']
I really can't figure out what I want to do. Part of me wants to just put on eBay and see what happens, another part of me wants to cut it, then see, then if that is a no go, get a decent shaft on eBay under $130 and reshaft it. The tip seems a little loose and I have a late release.

Toward the end of my session I had it way more under control, but that is like getting an F on a test and then doing way better and getting a C. It was however enough to make me question selling it.
[/quote]is the head worth the time? I don't hear a lot of anyone re shafting this head because it is worth it. It is strange that the one driver fourteen offers has a 48" shaft in it. I can't understand their thinking. Trying to stand out? If the head was better then what's out there, why wouldn't they just put a 45.5" shaft and go head to head against the competition.

cally dbd 9*
TEE CB Pro 14.5 & 17.5
Fourteen FH1000 4-p
WITB Link

I decided to order the driver last night. They had the regular shaft 9 degree for $155. I already have a new Fujikura Motore F1 75 gram shaft I want to put in it and for $155 it's worth a try to me for the head alone.
I think Fourteen's rationale behind the 48" shaft is that this driver was part of a product line manufactured for Remax Long Drive contestants. A 6 degree head is available for long drive competitions through Sellinger's Power Golf and I wonder if Fourteen just decided to make a 9 and 10.5 head version since they were already spending time and effort to tool up for the 6 degree head. There were a few long driver's in the senior division (I believe) using this head for the Remax.