Cure Putters?

Golfcat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping an old thread here........Anyone playing the 2016 cure putters and what do you think of them?

I have a RX3F (2015) and a RX3 (2016) and CX1 (2016). The 2016 feel a little more hollow if that makes any sense since they already feel like a coffee can. But I do like the looks of the 2016 more since they got rid of the triangle alignment system. Overall, if you can find the one you want in the 2015 and not pay the 2016 price, they're basically the same thing (one note, the adapters are actually different between the two years).

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I have a RX3F (2015) and a RX3 (2016) and CX1 (2016). The 2016 feel a little more hollow if that makes any sense since they already feel like a coffee can. But I do like the looks of the 2016 more since they got rid of the triangle alignment system. Overall, if you can find the one you want in the 2015 and not pay the 2016 price, they're basically the same thing (one note, the adapters are actually different between the two years).

Hmmm, I think the 2016 sound is a lot more "normal" than the older one I had and the guys I play with agree. I went from a 2014 RX2 to a 2016 RX5 and it's a lot softer. Differences are the 2016 has a milled face and 1.5º loft and a flange. Also no triangulation discs as you mentioned. But yeah overall pretty similar to older models, just a bit cleaner look and softer feel IMO. The old RX2 was very good to me, but feel the RX5 was a worthwhile upgrade.

Bumping an old thread here........Anyone playing the 2016 cure putters and what do you think of them?

I've had one version or another in the bag for over 2 years. I am sold on the high MOI and love the adjustability. I have let a lot of people try mine as it is somewhat of a conversation starter... The most common negative things I hear are that it is HUGE and some people hate the sound. I think the 2016 putters are a lot better in the sound / looks category although still big, a little easier on the eyes. Pretty much everyone agrees that the stability/forgiveness is incredible and that it rolls the ball as good / better than any putter they've tried. From a strictly performance standpoint, i'd say it offers anyone a good chance to improve their putting if you take the time to get used to it and get your setting dialed in and can work through the adjustment. A lot of people probably just can't get past the look, size sound and don't spend enough time to get comfortable before giving up. It didn't take me long to get comfortable with it, but everyone is different... I've seen some good deals on eBay on the older models. If you order direct from the company, there is a 30 day return policy, so I would get one of the newer models at the specs you want. If it doesn't work for you then return it...

I heard on youtube last night that you can change the shafts... and that they are reversible? Ie, you could turn a righty putter into a lefty? Is this true?

Maybe depending on the model. Like the RX3 if you switched it to be left handed the shaft would go over the line, which I don't think you'd want (its not I guess 100% center shafted, its like 85% center shafted).

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Hmmm, I think the 2016 sound is a lot more "normal" than the older one I had and the guys I play with agree. I went from a 2014 RX2 to a 2016 RX5 and it's a lot softer. Differences are the 2016 has a milled face and 1.5º loft and a flange. Also no triangulation discs as you mentioned. But yeah overall pretty similar to older models, just a bit cleaner look and softer feel IMO. The old RX2 was very good to me, but feel the RX5 was a worthwhile upgrade.

Haha its funny how we can have such differing opinions on feel, but I guess its just very subjective. I have a SS on the 2016 model and a Pure Big Dog on the 2015, and to me, the SS has always made a putter feel more clicky. I'm a big fan of the putters still either way. I have some other putters in my house and just can hardly use them anymore after using the Cure.

I heard on youtube last night that you can change the shafts... and that they are reversible? Ie, you could turn a righty putter into a lefty? Is this true?

Maybe depending on the model. Like the RX3 if you switched it to be left handed the shaft would go over the line, which I don't think you'd want (its not I guess 100% center shafted, its like 85% center shafted).

I'm interested in the center shafted RX4. It's really hard to find on ebay in left handed, but I found a bunch that are right handed.

I'm interested in the center shafted RX4. It's really hard to find on ebay in left handed, but I found a bunch that are right handed.

I mean glancing at it, I think you could probably at most have a club fitter pull the adapter on the shaft and flip it around and it might work. It looks like the 4 is a legit center shafted putter, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Might just ask the Cure support guys, I've been hit and miss with their response times (it took me about 3 months to get a replacement shaft, but it took me like 3 days to get replacement weights for my CX1).

On the center shafted ones, you can switch R/L - If it has a straight shaft, you can just take the back plate off and just flip the shaft around and you're good to go in like 2 minutes. With an offset shaft, I believe you would need to order the correct left handed offset shaft because if you flipped it, the offset would be the wrong way.

They have a video on adjusting that shows how the shaft fits in the head...

Yes. As long as you have the straight shaft verson and its any model other that the 3. I have an OG RX1 left handed in straight shaft and love it.

G430 LST 9°  Autoflex505x
SIM 15° RDX Blue 70TX

Cobra King Tec 19° hybrid RDX Black 9-6.5
Mizuno 245 Modus120x
Vokey SM6 50,55,60
Tank Cruiser #1

• 1 month later...

Been using an RX4 most of this year. I agree most people can't get past the looks and sound, but I feel its the most consistent putter I've ever used. Especially good if you struggle with the speed of your putts. It is incredibly easy to hit putts consistent speeds. It has improved my putting immensely, especially getting the speed right.

Just picked up a RX5 (2016) and have been previously playing a 2015 RX1. Cure has definately fixed the sound in the 16'. It is much more muted. not sure if that has something to do with the milled face. They have also softened the corners and edes. The downside, it is quite a bit heavier. I played the 15' at 380 grams. The 16' weights 400 with no weights in it. I assume the flange makes it heavier. I still really like it though, it will just take time getting used to the weight.

G430 LST 9°  Autoflex505x
SIM 15° RDX Blue 70TX

Cobra King Tec 19° hybrid RDX Black 9-6.5
Mizuno 245 Modus120x
Vokey SM6 50,55,60
Tank Cruiser #1

Just picked up a RX5 (2016) and have been previously playing a 2015 RX1. Cure has definately fixed the sound in the 16'. It is much more muted. not sure if that has something to do with the milled face. They have also softened the corners and edes. The downside, it is quite a bit heavier. I played the 15' at 380 grams. The 16' weights 400 with no weights in it. I assume the flange makes it heavier. I still really like it though, it will just take time getting used to the weight.

I went from an older RX2 to a 2016 RX5 an totally agree that they really improved the sound a lot - I think it's the milled face as well as the flange. You can get lower weights with the shorter screws that come in the extended weight kit - the 1/2" screw will get you to 383g. See full weight chart - http://cureputters.com/pages/weight-configurations-moi

I have the short screws and don't use them - PM me your address and I'll mail them to you

• 1 month later...

FWIW, been using the RX2 for about 2 months now.

Sold both my Scotties and my Ping Nome TR.

Only way you could get it from me is to peel it out of my cold dead hands.

Definitely takes a bit of getting used to but,,,,,,,,,, so stable and so easy to bring it straight back.

Buddy of mine bought an RX6 a while back and hated it - so he gave it to me. Have messed about with it some but still like the RX2 better.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

I picked up an RXi and I love this thing. Problem is, it only came with the aluminum milled face and the wrong headcover. I tried contacting Cure but no response in 2 weeks. Any chance someone has extra RXi accesories they would sell me?

Head covers are available on the Cure website.

Their customer service is great once you get someone... I'd try them again.

I picked up an RXi and I love this thing. Problem is, it only came with the aluminum milled face and the wrong headcover. I tried contacting Cure but no response in 2 weeks. Any chance someone has extra RXi accesories they would sell me?

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :russian_roulette:

I wrote them about buying a headcover - no answer,,,,,,,,, :fie:

Ping Glide Pro 48*

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :russian_roulette:

I wrote them about buying a headcover - no answer,,,,,,,,, :fie:

I think I mentioned it before, but I've contacted their customer service 2x (once to purchase a straight shaft for a RX3 and once to get some additional weights for my CX1). Once it took weeks/months to hear anything back, the other they sent me the weights overnight and i got them less than 48 hours from my initial email. Really seems to depend on who you talk to.

I got an rx3f for Christmas.

How do you determine what weights to use.

I assume I could get use to any weight as far as distance control is concerned. Should I just max it out then back off the weight until I'm not pushing my putts? I'm assuming the miss with a really heavy putter is leaving the face open.

Assume getting fit isn't an option, it's 2 hours to the nearest cure fitter.

I assume I could get use to any weight as far as distance control is concerned. Should I just max it out then back off the weight until I'm not pushing my putts? I'm assuming the miss with a really heavy putter is leaving the face open.

I'd just play around with it honestly. I have no idea what actual weights I have in mine, I just played around with it until I found a weight that I could control. The thing is so forgiving with the smallest weights in it, I don't know if its truly necessary to load it up to 600g or whatever they max out at (I have the extended weight kit and have done that and its crazy how heavy it feels).

You fit yourself. Trial and error is half the fun.

Didn't it come with a user guide ?

You fit the lie angle by loosening most of the screws except 1 (on the back of the head). That one you keep "snug".

Take your address and manipulate the shaft to where the bottom of the head is dead flat at address. Raise the club gently (the shaft should stay in place) and then tighten up the rest of the screws. Voila' Lie angle set.

As for the weights,,,,,,, very individual. Personally I haven't added any of them and the head feels heavy (enough).

Ping Glide Pro 48*

You fit the lie angle by loosening most of the screws except 1 (on the back of the head). That one you keep "snug".

Take your address and manipulate the shaft to where the bottom of the head is dead flat at address. Raise the club gently (the shaft should stay in place) and then tighten up the rest of the screws. Voila' Lie angle set.

As for the weights,,,,,,, very individual. Personally I haven't added any of them and the head feels heavy (enough).

I just joined this group as I have had a RX5 that I have weighted for fast greens. It weighs more than 900g with a Tour Lock Pro counter balance weight that is 100g. The putter is a fantastic piece of equipment. I am a Professional Fitter just north of Tucson AZ. In the last 11 months I have personally fitted over 30 Seniors (men and women) who all love their RX3, RX4 & RX5. The putter is designed to be heavily weighted BUT each person has their own "Sweet Spot" that they will putt best at. Once you are properly fit:Proper Natural Body Arc, Proper length, Proper Lie Angle at Impact and Proper Weight your putting will be awesome. Distance control will be phenomenol and short putts a piece of cake. I have clients who come in all the time with 1 or two Scottys but they have putters designed for another arc that "Their Own Natural Body Stroke" does NOT fit. Being Professionally fit makes all the difference BUT many of you all are not close to a fitter. I would be more than happy to try to explain how to check the Natural Body Stroke (important for Cure weight set up) and Lie Angle at impact. Cure engineers state that when the weight of the putter starts to feel too heavy, you are getting close to the right weight. My last lady client left with weight over 900g on a RX5. The lightest I have seen leave my shop was in the neighborhood of 700+grams. If you get the weight set for a fast green, then the mid & slow greens are a piece of cake to adjust to. The faster the green the heavier the putter should be (by Cure's design) and this fact has been known for years. I have not even scratched the surface with this diatribe but I can honestly tell you that once you get yours fit properly, it justs keeps getting better. Your putting strokes will drop and your golf happy zone will be shinning.

I just joined this group as I have had a RX5 that I have weighted for fast greens. It weighs more than 900g with a Tour Lock Pro counter balance weight that is 100g. The putter is a fantastic piece of equipment. I am a Professional Fitter just north of Tucson AZ. In the last 11 months I have personally fitted over 30 Seniors (men and women) who all love their RX3, RX4 & RX5. The putter is designed to be heavily weighted BUT each person has their own "Sweet Spot" that they will putt best at. Once you are properly fit:Proper Natural Body Arc, Proper length, Proper Lie Angle at Impact and Proper Weight your putting will be awesome. Distance control will be phenomenol and short putts a piece of cake. I have clients who come in all the time with 1 or two Scottys but they have putters designed for another arc that "Their Own Natural Body Stroke" does NOT fit. Being Professionally fit makes all the difference BUT many of you all are not close to a fitter. I would be more than happy to try to explain how to check the Natural Body Stroke (important for Cure weight set up) and Lie Angle at impact. Cure engineers state that when the weight of the putter starts to feel too heavy, you are getting close to the right weight. My last lady client left with weight over 900g on a RX5. The lightest I have seen leave my shop was in the neighborhood of 700+grams. If you get the weight set for a fast green, then the mid & slow greens are a piece of cake to adjust to. The faster the green the heavier the putter should be (by Cure's design) and this fact has been known for years. I have not even scratched the surface with this diatribe but I can honestly tell you that once you get yours fit properly, it justs keeps getting better. Your putting strokes will drop and your golf happy zone will be shinning.

Grinsatgolf, are you talking head weight or total weight of the putter? I believe with the extended weight kit, most of the Cure RX putters can be adjusted from around 350 - +600g (head weight) and I guess that you could add as many weights as the bolts would hold... Just curious to hear more from an experienced fitter as 700 - 900g probably sounds scary to most of us. Thanks!

Grinsatgolf, are you talking head weight or total weight of the putter? I believe with the extended weight kit, most of the Cure RX putters can be adjusted from around 350 - +600g (head weight) and I guess that you could add as many weights as the bolts would hold... Just curious to hear more from an experienced fitter as 700 - 900g probably sounds scary to most of us. Thanks!

Thanks for asking. Cure's belief from the start was get super high MOI on the head and it becomes very effective " if you let the head do the work and not try to impart a putt. Many of my guys and girls come back and tell me this after a couple of months. Here is a very important part of the fitting: get or borrow an iPod Touch or iPhone & get a cradle from Ping or google search and Ping has a FREE app for putting !!! You take 5 putts with the cradle attached to the top of the shaft , just below grip and then you get a ton of useful information about your individual putting stats. 1st: use the info they give as to: What your natural body stroke is (straight thru, vs small arc vs strong arc. Why is that important? It will tell you how to properly weight the head of the RX Cure. If you have a straight thru: Face Balanced. If you have a Small Arc then you need toe down slightly. If you have Strong Arc then you need toe down even more. It might be easier to send you photos of the three and what they should look like when you balance the shaft on you finger. 2nd: The iPing Test will show you what your set up angle is for the shaft as it comes out of the Cure RX BUT what is even more important is the Lie Angle at Impact and this is what I set at for the individual. You do this by loosening up the two sole screws (set screws) and the four screws on the side of the putter. I set the angle to 1/10* (degree) by using a digital (inexpensive) Tilt Box II because you can clamp the putter on a bench or table top and "0" out the Digital Gauge and then set the Impact Lie Angle according to your test stats. Now you can start testing for the weight and Cure recommends big changes on each weight set up. When the putter really starts to feel very heavy you are very close to your Weight "Sweet Spot". Every person is different. Out of more than 60 fittings in the last 10 months I have never had two alike !!!!! The putter is designed to be heavily weighted. The more weight, the more forgiving it is. Your distance control will be spectacular with a little practice. I have had several clients leave that I fit on a hard stimped putting board called a 10' ProVoto Putting Table and after I adjusted their putter and they left to go practice and later told me: I thought the putter might be a little heavy so I removed some weights and I was much worse so I put the weights back on and my accuracy and putts were much better. I fit a Retired 2 Star General that was an 8 handicap and his friends told me that his putting was holding him back. When he came over to my shop for some new grips I told him to let me fit him to a Cure RX and he selected the RX5 for my fit. I got him set up and he hit 11 out of 12 putts at 9.5' and I told him we were done till he got some rounds of golf. He left and called me after 3 rounds of golf and said that his putting had been fantastic and his distance control was awesome from 15,20, & 25+' putts and he said: Can I come over to your shop and show you a change that we could make and I think my putting would be even better!!!! I said come on over and he came and said : If we could lower this lie angle a little bit (drop the handle down about 1 or 2" and I said " I bet it won't work but I would love to try and see. I set it at his angle that he thought would be better and now he could hit only: 5 out of 10 putts!!!!!! I then set it back to his original tested Impact Lie Angle and he immediately hit 10 out of 10. That is why it is so important to have the tested angle that you at least set up at but the impact angle can be .5* to 1.5* different (both up and down). Now remember that each time you make a weight change: Take at least 6 putts and write it down. Use the balls that you usually putt with when you play. Hopefully you can find a "Fast Green" to test with. It is almost like green outdoor carpet on garage floor type fast. You can use the iPing test outdoors or indoors, on a putting table or on the practice green. If you get the weight right for a fast green the rest is a piece of cake. I have had my Cure RX5 since Feb 2016 and it keeps getting better every day. This is the most scientifically advanced & engineered putter on the planet. I modify all types of putters every week but nothing has the adjustability the RX has for all three types of Natural Body Swings!!!! Almost forgot your original question: Most of the weight is in the head BUT at the end of testing I always try a 60gram Tour Lock Pro CounterBalance weight (Ladies) and 80 gram or 100 gram Tour Lock Pro (easily available from GolfWorks (online) and very reasonable priced. It basically helps all golfers in the putting department by putting more feel in your hands and it seems to make your putting more accurate and you hit the hole more often. Most men seem to do better with the 100 gram weights. My putter was over 900 g. w/100g. Tour Lock Pro. It is reuseable, easy to install and works.

Thanks for asking. Cure's belief from the start was get super high MOI on the head and it becomes very effective " if you let the head do the work and not try to impart a putt. Many of my guys and girls come back and tell me this after a couple of months. Here is a very important part of the fitting: get or borrow an iPod Touch or iPhone & get a cradle from Ping or google search and Ping has a FREE app for putting !!! You take 5 putts with the cradle attached to the top of the shaft , just below grip and then you get a ton of useful information about your individual putting stats. 1st: use the info they give as to: What your natural body stroke is (straight thru, vs small arc vs strong arc. Why is that important? It will tell you how to properly weight the head of the RX Cure. If you have a straight thru: Face Balanced. If you have a Small Arc then you need toe down slightly. If you have Strong Arc then you need toe down even more. It might be easier to send you photos of the three and what they should look like when you balance the shaft on you finger. 2nd: The iPing Test will show you what your set up angle is for the shaft as it comes out of the Cure RX BUT what is even more important is the Lie Angle at Impact and this is what I set at for the individual. You do this by loosening up the two sole screws (set screws) and the four screws on the side of the putter. I set the angle to 1/10* (degree) by using a digital (inexpensive) Tilt Box II because you can clamp the putter on a bench or table top and "0" out the Digital Gauge and then set the Impact Lie Angle according to your test stats. Now you can start testing for the weight and Cure recommends big changes on each weight set up. When the putter really starts to feel very heavy you are very close to your Weight "Sweet Spot". Every person is different. Out of more than 60 fittings in the last 10 months I have never had two alike !!!!! The putter is designed to be heavily weighted. The more weight, the more forgiving it is. Your distance control will be spectacular with a little practice. I have had several clients leave that I fit on a hard stimped putting board called a 10' ProVoto Putting Table and after I adjusted their putter and they left to go practice and later told me: I thought the putter might be a little heavy so I removed some weights and I was much worse so I put the weights back on and my accuracy and putts were much better. I fit a Retired 2 Star General that was an 8 handicap and his friends told me that his putting was holding him back. When he came over to my shop for some new grips I told him to let me fit him to a Cure RX and he selected the RX5 for my fit. I got him set up and he hit 11 out of 12 putts at 9.5' and I told him we were done till he got some rounds of golf. He left and called me after 3 rounds of golf and said that his putting had been fantastic and his distance control was awesome from 15,20, & 25+' putts and he said: Can I come over to your shop and show you a change that we could make and I think my putting would be even better!!!! I said come on over and he came and said : If we could lower this lie angle a little bit (drop the handle down about 1 or 2" and I said " I bet it won't work but I would love to try and see. I set it at his angle that he thought would be better and now he could hit only: 5 out of 10 putts!!!!!! I then set it back to his original tested Impact Lie Angle and he immediately hit 10 out of 10. That is why it is so important to have the tested angle that you at least set up at but the impact angle can be .5* to 1.5* different (both up and down). Now remember that each time you make a weight change: Take at least 6 putts and write it down. Use the balls that you usually putt with when you play. Hopefully you can find a "Fast Green" to test with. It is almost like green outdoor carpet on garage floor type fast. You can use the iPing test outdoors or indoors, on a putting table or on the practice green. If you get the weight right for a fast green the rest is a piece of cake. I have had my Cure RX5 since Feb 2016 and it keeps getting better every day. This is the most scientifically advanced & engineered putter on the planet. I modify all types of putters every week but nothing has the adjustability the RX has for all three types of Natural Body Swings!!!! Almost forgot your original question: Most of the weight is in the head BUT at the end of testing I always try a 60gram Tour Lock Pro CounterBalance weight (Ladies) and 80 gram or 100 gram Tour Lock Pro (easily available from GolfWorks (online) and very reasonable priced. It basically helps all golfers in the putting department by putting more feel in your hands and it seems to make your putting more accurate and you hit the hole more often. Most men seem to do better with the 100 gram weights. My putter was over 900 g. w/100g. Tour Lock Pro. It is reuseable, easy to install and works.

Thanks for the reply. It's interesting to hear from a pro fitter. I have had a Cure in my bag since 2014 and I have owned a few... I had the RX2 for a long time and replaced it this year with an RX5. I've read up a good bit on the tech and even spoke to Cure on several occasions, but I have never been fit by a professional. I just set the lie and played around with adding weight until it felt good and I was seeing good, consistent putts. I agree that they are making some fantastic putters and now you have me wondering if I should try pushing the weight higher and / or visiting a fitter to see if things can improve even more...