Cure Putters?

Golfcat

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1433727398' post='11708498']Any more reviews out there?[/quote]

Been gaming my RX3 for a little over a month now. Can't really imagine going to a traditional putter anytime soon! The adjustability is great. More so, the weights than the lie angle. Once you get your lie angle set up., you will probably not be adjusting that quite as often as the weights.

It does take some time to adjust. I've been playing around with different weight setups since Day 1.

Driver: Cobra LTDx LS w/ Ventus RedΒ 
FW: TM Sim2 Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Blue

Hybrid: PING 425Β  w/ Rogue 95tx

Irons: Cobra Forded Tec 22' 4-PW w/ Recoil 1110 F5
Wedges: Edel SMS 54-58
Putter: Cobra Stingray 40

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gamed the Rx3f recently and once you dial it in it's deadly. I have three Camerons waiting for the Cure to lose its gamer spot and it just hasn't happened.
I bought mine from Class A pro so he fit me for the length, then we adjusted the lie so the putter sits flush to my setup. That right there was a huge selling point to me. Lie adjustment takes 2 minutes and the technology makes sense.
The footprint of the putter is large but I got used to it pretty quickly based on the results. Funny thing is people don't really ask me about it but do after they see me putt well with it. I had a guy ask if it was illegal one time too.
The weight may be the hardest factor to get used to. My golf course usually runs the greens at 11-12 so I have it set up at the light weight of 423 grams. MOI of 9,300.

Titleist 917D2 9.5 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ s-70
Titleist 917F2 15 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ s-80
Titleist 716 T-MB 2 DG X100
Titleist 714 AP2 4-W DG X100
Titleist Vokey TVD-K 54, 58 DG X100
Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Yeah that's just crazy heavy, I want to get on board with it but i prefer something in the 360g range.

Taylormade SIM2 - Project XΒ Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

[quote name='KMoney34' timestamp='1436563571' post='11925494']
I have gamed the Rx3f recently and once you dial it in it's deadly. I have three Camerons waiting for the Cure to lose its gamer spot and it just hasn't happened.
I bought mine from Class A pro so he fit me for the length, then we adjusted the lie so the putter sits flush to my setup. That right there was a huge selling point to me. Lie adjustment takes 2 minutes and the technology makes sense.
The footprint of the putter is large but I got used to it pretty quickly based on the results. Funny thing is people don't really ask me about it but do after they see me putt well with it. I had a guy ask if it was illegal one time too.
The weight may be the hardest factor to get used to. My golf course usually runs the greens at 11-12 so I have it set up at the light weight of 423 grams. MOI of 9,300.
[/quote]

Glad to see a few other WRXers checking these out. My RX2 is still solid in my bag and I don't see that changing anytime soon. FYI - I believe the base weight of the RX3F is 387 (according to their website) that would be without any weights on it.

[quote name='ChristopherMcDonald' timestamp='1436566754' post='11925798']
Yeah that's just crazy heavy, I want to get on board with it but i prefer something in the 360g range.
[/quote]

Most start at around 360-370g range without weights, so you don't have to set it heavy, but have the option. for what it's worth, I found that adding more weight proved to be a very good thing and was a pretty fast adjustment.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up an RX2 Tour at local golf shop. So far I like it a lot and putting well with it. Biggest downside is the sound, it sounds like I'm putting with a soda can.

I ordered some additional weights to compensate for the Super Stroke FlatSo 2.0 I had installed on it. I find that by adjusting the lie angle so my eyes are right over the putters sight lines has made aiming much easier.

With the current lie angle I'm using the putter stands on it's own, is it acceptable within the ROG to have the putter stand on the green and line up your shot using the putter rather than the line on the ball?

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56**Β 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

[quote name='new2g0lf' timestamp='1438039769' post='12030460']
I just picked up an RX2 Tour at local golf shop. So far I like it a lot and putting well with it. Biggest downside is the sound, it sounds like I'm putting with a soda can.

I ordered some additional weights to compensate for the Super Stroke FlatSo 2.0 I had installed on it. I find that by adjusting the lie angle so my eyes are right over the putters sight lines has made aiming much easier.

With the current lie angle I'm using the putter stands on it's own, is it acceptable within the ROG to have the putter stand on the green and line up your shot using the putter rather than the line on the ball?
[/quote]

Pretty sure it's good, Bridgestone did it with the true balance putters they released

Taylormade SIM2 - Project XΒ Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

[quote name='new2g0lf' timestamp='1438039769' post='12030460']

[/quote]

As long as the lie angle is not above 80 degree's, you should be fine.

Β 

Β 

Β 

As far as aiming goes , the RX2 Tour has the triangulation with the discs on top - you connect the dots to form a triangle and aim the arrow... I use this and ignore the sight lines altogether. works great. Just thought I'd mention in case you didn't know about it.

Tri_Align_01e17650-1524-40f5-8e21-63259bea057f_medium.png?15164341198137589943

Β 

As for the "is it legal?" question - I'm not aware of any rule stating that you can't stand the putter up and step away. I know the putter itself is legal though.

Β 

the sound is different for sure, but didn't take me long to start to love that little "tink"

Β 

good luck

• 7 months later...

I ordered one on a whim, and I gotta say this thing is HUGE, but darn it it flat out works. The adjustable lie and the super stable feel, the easy roll combine for a very solid putter. If you can get over the look, Give it a try a try ... I can't wait to try this guy in an actual round and see the results .

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*Β  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
Β Limited Edition PINGΒ PLDΒ Prime Tyne 4Β 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

What would be the differences between the Cure Putter and the Heavy Putter (https://shop.boccier...f-clubs/putters)?

Anyone know the models used by Pros on the Champions Tour?

Β 

Not real familiar with the heavy putter, but I've had a Cure RX2 in the bag for a long time now and love it... The Cure putters have crazy High MOI - which makes them super stable and forgiving - That seems to be their focus. They also have an adjustable lie angle and come with several weights (stainless and aluminum) and because of how the weights stack off the back, you can combine multiple weights for a huge range of possibilities including very heavy weights. Lots of info on their website - www.cureputters.com

Β 

I've seen a number of Champions Tour players - Peter Senior, Scott Hoch, Rod Spittle, Wayne Levi and a few others I can't remember off hand using these, but not sure which models... I know a few had the new CX blade style putters which I really want to try - just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Β 

Russel Knox was using a RX5 in the match play this week

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a 2016 RX3 for my wife this past Saturday (4-16-2018). Directly from Cure at the full MSRP plus shipping. Still waiting to receive shipping confirmation, or just a conformation of order received. Nothing. Emails not returned. Phone calls not answered. Over a week and nary a peep?

Β 

Perhaps I will contact PayPal tomorrow morning and just shut it all down. Then order a Cure through eBay for less than half the MSRP.

Β 

Huh.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't keep this ugly a** thing out of the bag!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*Β  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
Β Limited Edition PINGΒ PLDΒ Prime Tyne 4Β 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

Β 

It is really ugly but seems to be pretty effective. I keep looking at that saying I would hit everything too hard because of the weight you have in it.

WITB:

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Driver Tour AD DI 6X Β 44 3/4" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR3 16.5 Degree 4 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 43" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR2 21 Degree 7 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 42" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR1 24 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 39" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 27 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38 1/2" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 30 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38" B-1 Setting, Titleist T200 7-PW, AW Irons True Temper AMT White S300 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 53-07, 57-07 Dynamic Gold S400 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Yes! Two Mallet by Jerry Korte Putter 33" Winn Pro X 1.60 Putter Grip, Pro V1X #44, Titleist Player 4 Stand Bag, Lamkin Crossline Midsize Grips

I ordered one on a whim, and I gotta say this thing is HUGE, but darn it it flat out works. The adjustable lie and the super stable feel, the easy roll combine for a very solid putter. If you can get over the look, Give it a try a try ... I can't wait to try this guy in an actual round and see the results .

Β 

Thats exactly what I have coming (should be here today). I've got a Pure BigDog and a couple of SS Pistol (1.0 and 2.0) at the house I'll have to figure which to throw on it. Since I ordered this putter I continue to keep looking at these threads and reading about people's experiences with these sticks and I haven't really read anything negative minus the sound and the size of it. No "impossible to line up", "not really that forgiving", "sticks in the ground" or anything crazy.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*Β  - F22
Β 
Β 
Β 

Played with my Cure RX3F this weekend, have it set up with the smaller weights on each side (I'm guessing in the 390-400 weight range give or take), and really upright. I struggled a little bit to start just because it is so much bigger it seemed a little unruly at the start, but I quickly figured it out and made lots of good putts on the front 9 with it. Back 9 I started to struggle again getting it lined up, but I mean you can hit it anywhere on that putter face and it rolls pure as can be. I think it has found a spot in the bag for a while and I'll continue to work on my alignment (and i bought it down to slightly less upright, but still quite upright).

Β 

Part of the issue too is I can feel with it being so heavy that my wrists aren't solid so when I take it back and start forward my wrists breakdown and my hands lead the putter head too much. So I'll work on tightening that up and I bet it'll be a winner.

Β 

I'm going to keep my eyes open for one of the classic putters as well, just for something thats not so awkward looking.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*Β  - F22
Β 
Β 
Β 

I have the RX2. If you can tolerate the comments from your playmates about its hollow impact sound & weird looking, then it is worth trying.

Β 

I put all the weights on to achieve the max moi. With 500+g weight, you will have to allow the putter to swing through. Any wrist/hand manipulation will cause the ball stop way short from the hole. The ball really rolls off the putter face rather than hops forward. Though I am still working on that perfect swing to allow the distance control.

So the classic series CX1 and CX2 look really good actually. I like the straight lines of the CX1 model. Still super high MOI but the looks are pretty normal. Hmmmm....

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5Β°
Taylormade M4Β  – 16.5Β°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5Β°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48Β°
Cleveland CBX – 54Β°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E HΒ Β Β 

So the classic series CX1 and CX2 look really good actually. I like the straight lines of the CX1 model. Still super high MOI but the looks are pretty normal. Hmmmm....

Β 

I have the CX1 and it's a fantastic putter. Great roll on the ball and hits off the heel and toe still roll straight. Didn't notice the size at all. Here's a pic to compare.bb4b95440de49a854e95f91ae9692288.jpg

Β 

I have the CX1 and it's a fantastic putter. Great roll on the ball and hits off the heel and toe still roll straight. Didn't notice the size at all. Here's a pic to compare.bb4b95440de49a854e95f91ae9692288.jpg

Β 

Boy that doesn't look near as big as the RX3. I'm impressed... and interested....

Β 
Β 
Β 

I have the Cure CX2 model, with some offset, I got off the bay and its found a place in the rotation, for sure! At first, I thought it looked huge and cumbersome, and I had wasted my money, before rolling it. But once I did roll it, I found it really quieted my wrists and hands and smoothed out my stroke. Now I have this nice pendulum stroke, I could only dream about before. In reality the CX1 and CX2 are really not much larger than some mallets, as seen in a previous post.

Β 

In playing it, I have really cut down on three-putts (mad if I get one now) and I am draining more putts (with so many near misses so far). I have gotten much better with those testy 3&1/2 to 4 footers that were my nemesis in the past and I have good distance control. If one can call a putter "forgiving", I think this one is for off-centre misses. I really think the high MOI built into these putters is worth investigating if you are looking for something to steady your stroke.

Β 

What I've noticed most is that my putting stroke , itself, has really improved - not as much "pushing" or "pulling" putts. (I still do, but I don't seem to push or pull the putt as far off-line as before.) I used to do a slight forward press, but now it is just a nice, smooth pendulum stroke, which, for me, has improved my consistency.

Β 

Now I just have to improve more on reading the greens, to get some of my near misses to drop. I put a Superstroke GT 1.0 pistol with the counter weight on it and just love it. I think I did find the ONE for me, in this Cure putter. (For now anyway!)

Β 

One of my playing partners, who is left-handed was asking if they came left-handed as he has even noticed the improvement in my putting this year and is curious for himself. The Cure might not appeal to some, but it has made a difference for me.

Β 

So if you do not like the look of the RX series, consider the CX series, as they look more like a traditional blade with the advantages of the higher MOI. :blind:

Β 

Shanti (peace)

I have a Cure RX3 and its one of the best putters I have ever used. Fully adjustable for loft, lie and weight.

Cobra F7 11.5' Driver, Matrix Ozik TP-6 S
Cobra Fly Z XL 15' & 18' Fairway Woods with Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Miura Neo 9005G Irons, 5-PW, Project X LZ 5.0
Miura Y & C Grind Wedges 51, 55 & 59. Project X LZ 5.0
Miura KM-009 Putter

Ordered a 2016 RX3 for my wife this past Saturday (4-16-2018). Directly from Cure at the full MSRP plus shipping. Still waiting to receive shipping confirmation, or just a conformation of order received. Nothing. Emails not returned. Phone calls not answered. Over a week and nary a peep?

Β 

Perhaps I will contact PayPal tomorrow morning and just shut it all down. Then order a Cure through eBay for less than half the MSRP.

Β 

Huh.

Β 

Any updates to this order with Cure?

Callaway Mavrik driver

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 4-wood
Mizuno MP20 HMB 3-5 irons
Mizuno MP20 6-pw

Mizuno T20 50*, 55* and 60* wedges
Bettinardi BB25 putter
Titleist Pro V1x ball

Played with my Cure RX3F this weekend, have it set up with the smaller weights on each side (I'm guessing in the 390-400 weight range give or take), and really upright. I struggled a little bit to start just because it is so much bigger it seemed a little unruly at the start, but I quickly figured it out and made lots of good putts on the front 9 with it. Back 9 I started to struggle again getting it lined up, but I mean you can hit it anywhere on that putter face and it rolls pure as can be. I think it has found a spot in the bag for a while and I'll continue to work on my alignment (and i bought it down to slightly less upright, but still quite upright).

Β 

Part of the issue too is I can feel with it being so heavy that my wrists aren't solid so when I take it back and start forward my wrists breakdown and my hands lead the putter head too much. So I'll work on tightening that up and I bet it'll be a winner.

Β 

I'm going to keep my eyes open for one of the classic putters as well, just for something thats not so awkward looking.

Β 

You putted very nicely with that RX3 last Saturday. It did feel nice on the practice green.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Max 7 wood

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey Ai-One #7 Broomstick 46"

• 3 weeks later...

Β 

Callaway Sub Zero AD GP-7X Black

Β 

Callaway Alpha 816 14* +2N Veylix Rome 888

Β 

Callaway Big Bertha #3 +2N Veylix Rome 988 "Wildeye"

Β 

Callaway Apex 4 Hybrid 23* Veylix Rome 988

Β 

Titleist 716 T-MB 5-W TI DG AMT X100 SS 1X +1/2" 1* up

Β 

Callaway MD3 54S/58C Black Onyx S400 +1/2" 1* up

Titleist SM6 Raw 54S/58M TT DG TI S400 +1/2" 1* up

Β 

Edel "The Brick" <------------------------------------------------- OOPSIE !!! Putters !!! :russian_roulette:

Β 

Titleist Pro V1x

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

• 3 weeks later...