2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Club_Champ_bangass_redux.png

I was expecting subtle. That wasn't subtle.

Can we insert bangass into the picture of PQ sitting on the bench at NW #7, with all the other people inserted as well?

Hive Golf Alert!

THDC is going to be unable to make it to the fourball this Thursday, which leaves one spot open. If anybody is available to fill-in, please let me know. I'm sure David30 will be eternally grateful to have to play as a one-man fourball wrecking machine.

Still bumping, hoping to get a partner for David30.

Since JJ only completed half the humble brag, I'll finish it for him: the hazards he is talking about are 290 from the tee.

I have no idea what to do at UMD. Can't find the pics since I got a new phone, but the last and only time I played there was with Vince/Boogs/GregH over the winter and there was literally ice on the greens.

I was noticing that too, because I looked up the yardage initially and saw no hazards in my range.

https://course.blueg...landgc/tour.htm

http://www.terpgolf.umd.edu/coursetour

Definite driver holes: 2, 6, 9, 10, 13, 16, 18

Definitely NOT driver holes: 3, 15, 17

Questionable driver holes: 1, 5, 7, 12

1: If your miss is right driver all day. If it is left and it's dry at all a draw ends up in the woods really easy. If it's your first tee shot of the day hit driver. 2moreTerps rating: 4 out of 5 drivers

5: If your miss is right hit driver. if your miss is left and it's dry the right bunker is the line and can be reached. 2moreTerps rating: 4 out of 5 drivers.

7: this green is really hard to stop a wedge shot on. if the pin is front and you're 40 yards out ... good luck. I think this is a simpler shot with a fullish wedge. 2moreTerps rating: 1/2 out of 5 drivers.

12: Depends on the tees and how long you are. From reading your posts you're on the long side. 3 wood is the play.

2moreTerps ranking: 2 out of 5 drivers.

I've been going to Maine 1x a year for longer than I have actual memories. So I may have more original Hive Mind status here than anyone but City. But in the past, City has reminded me that Maine south of Portland isn't really Maine, it's North Massachusetts. So in that case I may not qualify.

I strongly suggest you slow your roll there boss.

Since JJ only completed half the humble brag, I'll finish it for him: the hazards he is talking about are 290 from the tee.

I have no idea what to do at UMD. Can't find the pics since I got a new phone, but the last and only time I played there was with Vince/Boogs/GregH over the winter and there was literally ice on the greens.

I was noticing that too, because I looked up the yardage initially and saw no hazards in my range.

https://course.blueg...landgc/tour.htm

http://www.terpgolf.umd.edu/coursetour

Definite driver holes: 2, 6, 9, 10, 13, 16, 18

Definitely NOT driver holes: 3, 15, 17

Questionable driver holes: 1, 5, 7, 12

1: If your miss is right driver all day. If it is left and it's dry at all a draw ends up in the woods really easy. If it's your first tee shot of the day hit driver. 2moreTerps rating: 4 out of 5 drivers

5: If your miss is right hit driver. if your miss is left and it's dry the right bunker is the line and can be reached. 2moreTerps rating: 4 out of 5 drivers.

7: this green is really hard to stop a wedge shot on. if the pin is front and you're 40 yards out ... good luck. I think this is a simpler shot with a fullish wedge. 2moreTerps rating: 1/2 out of 5 drivers.

12: Depends on the tees and how long you are. From reading your posts you're on the long side. 3 wood is the play.

2moreTerps ranking: 2 out of 5 drivers.

Don't listen to 2moreterps either, puppet. Definite no driver ratings on 3, 15, and 17 are rubbish.

#incitywetrust

I've been going to Maine 1x a year for longer than I have actual memories. So I may have more original Hive Mind status here than anyone but City. But in the past, City has reminded me that Maine south of Portland isn't really Maine, it's North Massachusetts. So in that case I may not qualify.

I strongly suggest you slow your roll there boss.

My bad. I got a little overly excited about being a potential early adopter.

You've come a long way since May Bangas!

Nice round!

Eagle - I'm going to need you to create a Bangas "Cinderella Story" Meme/Photo about his journey from a rough Cap Cup performance to crushing the competition in an out of state club championship

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

I don't know about that. I think of Southern Maine more as Southern Quebec.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Sounds like $90, but a good replay rate ($25). Family is out of town starting Friday, so I am looking to maximize my golf this weekend, but didn't want to foray down I-95 or across the Bridge.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Club_Champ_bangass_redux.png

I was expecting subtle. That wasn't subtle.

Can we insert bangass into the picture of PQ sitting on the bench at NW #7, with all the other people inserted as well?

Hive Golf Alert!

THDC is going to be unable to make it to the fourball this Thursday, which leaves one spot open. If anybody is available to fill-in, please let me know. I'm sure David30 will be eternally grateful to have to play as a one-man fourball wrecking machine.

Still bumping, hoping to get a partner for David30.

I can make it if spot is still open.

I played Musket last year with PQ/City/CCMVP. Seem to recall different opinions on the layout, but it was in great shape. Only thing I didn't like about the layout is that it's cut in to the side of the hills, so you can get in some real trouble if you aren't hitting it well (which I wasn't). It reminded me of Potomac Shores in that regard, but at least at Musket it's usually going up or down to another hole, so it's not an instant lost ball. I recall City and PQ loving it.

It's a hike, but worth playing.

Just looked it up - $96. The course itself isn't worth $96, and presumably a pretty long drive for you. Not to say going and playing it with some friends won't be totally worthwhile, especially if you get a cheap replay in. I'd always rather play Worthington Manor if I'm in Frederick, or hWhiskey, but some people really like Musket Ridge. It's fun. There are a few blind tee shots, but no really stupid holes. The fairways are decently generous, but immediately flanked by long grass on both sides basically every hole. Conditions are usually pretty solid. I can keep going if you want.

Can't believe I missed Maine Day.

Belgrade is as awesome as mtn makes it look. Had no idea they allowed dogs. That is awesome.

Bangas - - doesn't count. Too short.

Crashing. So much seafood in belly.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I'm just ball busting. Of course it counts.

Numbers are fun to chase, but they're pretty arbitrary. The first time I broke 80 was exec tees at Pine Needles. I think it was like 5900.

Then,you make a new goal... Break it from longer. Break it back to back. Last year, I was on a mission to do it from back tees at Waverly (mission NOT accomplished).

Even breaking 80...what do we really mean? Your goal is to shoot +9 on a par 70,or +8 on a par 71?

Breaking 80 is breaking 80. It's a thing. I'd feel good about it. My dad was psyched last week he shot 78.

He wasn't so psyched after I said, "get back to me when it's not the senior tees."

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I'm just ball busting. Of course it counts.

Numbers are fun to chase, but they're pretty arbitrary. The first time I broke 80 was exec tees at Pine Needles. I think it was like 5900.

Then,you make a new goal... Break it from longer. Break it back to back. Last year, I was on a mission to do it from back tees at Waverly (mission NOT accomplished).

Even breaking 80...what do we really mean? Your goal is to shoot +9 on a par 70,or +8 on a par 71?

Breaking 80 is breaking 80. It's a thing. I'd feel good about it. My dad was psyched last week he shot 78.

He wasn't so psyched after I said, "get back to me when it's not the senior tees."

I can see why he burned your book.

Played hooky today and I'm glad I did. Finally broke 80 at Cannon Ridge. Wasn't trying and wasn't optimistic it'd ever happen, particularly with the up and down play I've had recently. Played solo with no one in front of me and not rushed, which was a nice feeling, left me finishing around 2:20. I noticed what I thought was a small setup problem with my driver the other day at Whiskey. So, I hit the first one straight and I'm off and running. No lost balls and 10/13 fairways hit. Even the missed fairways weren't penalizing. Had the shorts with many of my approach shots but my 54* kept me in the game the whole way--with the exception of holes 3 and 18 where I ran one across the green and chunked one short of the other green, respectively--with 12/16 up and downs (only two GIRs all morning, both on the back side). Putting was also money today but the wedge made it possible, leaving me close and in places where the break didn't kill me. Semi-highlight: hitting a 50-yd wedge from the high rough on the Par 4 5th in close to the hole. Not a highlight: didn't make one birdie. My best chance to get one was on the Par 4 13th where I was putting downhill with a pin on a ridge so I played defensively to avoid a long miss. Had another chance on 17 but was a long way out and putting uphill so I came up a bit short.

Swing was just working for the most part except the yardage on approach shots. That was perplexing except that I was playing the dewsweeper time so maybe that had an effect. Just know that things sounded good but I kept missing the greens, mostly to the left. Either way, I'll take it.

Some of the tee boxes were soaked but the fairways were in decent shape considering the recent rain, some with a little roll, too. The course isn't pristine but it's better than the Oakmont round I played there awhile back. Just needs some TLC and it'll be good to go. Isn't the toughest course but it definitely fits my game. I've had two of my best scores ever there so I'm sure I'll be back. I'm sure I'll be back to reality score-wise, though...but it's fun while it lasts.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

Chief, if you have people playing there that invited you then Musket is a fine place to play. They've got a nice clubhouse and the par 5's there are fun. I've played there 3 times, one of which was a Symetra pro-am and mostly enjoyed it.

For being cut out of the mountain the greens have a pretty flat feel to them.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Speaking of Fredneck, can anyone review/vouch for Musket Ridge? Was just offered an opportunity to play there this weekend.

Played MR earlier this year and enjoyed it. Haven't played Worthington so can't comment but I'd choose Whiskey over MR. With that said, the only reason I haven't played it again this year is distance and price. It's pretty much a straight shot up 15 for me but at $100, I'll pick some others first. I think others have already highlighted its features but IMO it's not a bad place to play at all. Actually met a member from there when I was playing Thistle near Myrtle.

Btw, thought the food was good, too. I went at the beginning of April when it was still a bit cold (okay, it was cold) so only one other person was playing. They thought I was a little nuts for playing in shorts.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

Played hooky today and I'm glad I did. Finally broke 80 at Cannon Ridge.

Swing was just working for the most part except the yardage on approach shots. That was perplexing except that I was playing the dewsweeper time so maybe that had an effect. Just know that things sounded good but I kept missing the greens, mostly to the left. Either way, I'll take it.

Some of the tee boxes were soaked but the fairways were in decent shape considering the recent rain, some with a little roll, too. The course isn't pristine but it's better than the Oakmont round I played there awhile back. Just needs some TLC and it'll be good to go. Isn't the toughest course but it definitely fits my game. I've had two of my best scores ever there so I'm sure I'll be back. I'm sure I'll be back to reality score-wise, though...but it's fun while it lasts.

Nicely done on the good round and score. Thanks for the feedback on CR conditions too. I really want to get down there this season. Maybe you, Johnny T, and a few more of us can coordinate a good day for a round over the next month.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach