MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

I feel you.

If I don't go into my PSR, that's on me. But, it's still something I need to address. I don't panic every time I miss a shot. . .this happens more frequently than it should so it has to be addressed.

Have you thought about a temporary course management solution? IE, if X yardage is really flummoxing you right now (for whatever reason, doesn't matter) do whatever you can not to leave yourself those shots. I know those distances come up randomly - like if you get in trouble and have to punch out - but do whatever you have to do to leave yourself 20 yards further back to hit a full...whatever.

Oddly enough, I've been hitting partial wedges better than full wedges right now. I think I get more "focussed".

I actually laid up on 18 to perfect full GW distance. I've been measuring full GW's on the course. Like literally GPS'ing the ball mark and the final ball position.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Picked up the beer City got for me on Saturday. Meet the guy in the grass lot behind Burley...a lot of CRV's and Subarus back there. And neck beards...

Guy hands me the beer and says "Met your guy last night to pick it up." So immediately he's disassociating himself from City. "Your" guy...not "City".

So, I respond with "Yeah, he's a unique individual..."

I get a ."Pffftttt...yeah he is."

Didn't go any further, but oh to be a fly.

I think his expectations of our meeting were, "here's the beer. Bye."

I was like, "oh, how long you lived down here? Do you like it? Why you going over to the shore?"

I felt I was being neighborly.

I did not receive a reciprocating vibe.

When this finally dawned on me, I was like, "ok, see ya."

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Waiting for Chief's full writeup from Erin Hills be like...

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Looks like its going to be tonight. I banged it out on my ipad on the flight home last night, but for some reason, it doesn't look like my Notes are syncing.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

So had a good day yesterday at the company tournament, 3 of us shot 62 on a par 73 course. Really only two of us as the third player was useless. BUT I won a Cobra F7 diver with the right shaft in it. Guy said you could get a app that will track your drives for free. Anybody know about this?

Is it the one with the Arccos unit built into the grip?

Yes

Picked up the beer City got for me on Saturday. Meet the guy in the grass lot behind Burley...a lot of CRV's and Subarus back there. And neck beards...

Guy hands me the beer and says "Met your guy last night to pick it up." So immediately he's disassociating himself from City. "Your" guy...not "City".

So, I respond with "Yeah, he's a unique individual..."

I get a ."Pffftttt...yeah he is."

Didn't go any further, but oh to be a fly.

I think his expectations of our meeting were, "here's the beer. Bye."

I was like, "oh, how long you lived down here? Do you like it? Why you going over to the shore?"

I felt I was being neighborly.

I did not receive a reciprocating vibe.

When this finally dawned on me, I was like, "ok, see ya."

He's from PA, so...

@FAbb

1w9t0z.jpg

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Mental rehearsal of part shots can help prior to making a shot(that is not a PSR). Last hole yesterday we needed a birdie. 92 yds out an stuck it in for an eagle. Been there and missed that shot a thousand times. Expect to be inside 10 feet always from that distance. Yesterday it worked. Used a 52* but I never like to hit any wedge full bore because it is a feel shot. Put yourself in that spot enough and you will learn to do it better at your skill level.

City you are an amateur that's why and we all make bad shots. Like Tex and PQ said. Sometimes we are too pumped, sometime we over think and sometimes we just miss, that is why we are here and not on tour. It is for you and only you to come to a conclusion as to why and then do better in the future under the same conditions. Practice makes perfect period.

At what point is "go out and hit 1000 wedge shots" with your same swing not good enough? At some level, you've got to consider that to be fine tuning. Does your wedge game need fine tuning, or does it need more than that? There's way more than one way to swing a golf club and get it done, but at some point I think the more conventional you can be, the more consistent you'll be. I also think you'll be able to maintain that consistency with less work. You won't need to hit 1000 balls to get everything just so with your timing and release. That's why you get a guy like clammer who can play a dozen times a year, and be a 2 handicap. It doesn't take a lot of maintenance when you've got a swing like that. It's not about hitting positions and making it look pretty. It's about making it easier to go out and do the same thing every time you play golf.

At what point is "go out and hit 1000 wedge shots" with your same swing not good enough? At some level, you've got to consider that to be fine tuning. Does your wedge game need fine tuning, or does it need more than that? There's way more than one way to swing a golf club and get it done, but at some point I think the more conventional you can be, the more consistent you'll be. I also think you'll be able to maintain that consistency with less work. You won't need to hit 1000 balls to get everything just so with your timing and release. That's why you get a guy like clammer who can play a dozen times a year, and be a 2 handicap. It doesn't take a lot of maintenance when you've got a swing like that. It's not about hitting positions and making it look pretty. It's about making it easier to go out and do the same thing every time you play golf.

Obviously this isn't true. City, you shouldn't listen to Fabb. He doesn't give good advice.

Next thing you know he'll tell you to just go take a lesson before the biggest tournament of the year

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

My wedge game needs a winter and fine tuning, like my driver game has recently undergone. It needs more focus from me. It's already better than it used to be.

It's not like we're talking about the wedge game of an 8 capper here, unless someone thinks I'm able to compensate by having the rest of the game as a + golfer.

I'm still stuffing wedges when I hit them well, get them on the right line, generally the right distance. The bad shot just creeps in too frequently for my tastes.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

City what were you thinking about when you bladed that wedge? Did you for an instance think about something other than you normally think about? Maybe it's not PSR. Maybe it's SR.

With wedges if I'm focused on the actual swing (left arm totally straight, pause at the top, swing out on the downswing) I hit them well. When I stand over them and just "trust myself", I blade the hell out of them. Or pull them. Or whatever. What works for me is focusing on the swing during the swing, and other people are the exact opposite. In reality, thinking about those three parts of the swing probably just helps me with my tempo.

Who the s*** knows.

You guys tried the Banana Republic rapid movement chino?

I was picking up a pair of khakis a few months ago and unknowingly grabbed a pair of Dockers that has their flex/stretch material on the sides. Holy crap they are comfortable. Not sure if the BR ones are like that. But I would definitely buy them again.

Best impact position picture I got from Sunday

c01ktbQWvY3yFS1uUNjByF6_PWLI8l8HyBBJR1DQUdVEgfl3RxAQnQU1bI90Ui6haxqBPbUuLcSjMQpSI-5pTKvOKUm5TJYHs3dhn2g8ffxvgUGDZyh4vMwkTULlsVa08jyEXy8cw1TCFtLhrM8M7kSJAfGmdPzL9K0EyG-An4UZ6tIAPrdexvoOhxBdD_ROMWsAmII2nhReL1j3X1V_p1aet0bXf7hTSPx4tdlf-Xt9jEHCyQMPmlIr2xvgwDzFs9LxXl5KwOOBIDLAWWnGsLd5w_3mcpGOrvcFvmRiGSARdbWGANUxyLZdOc7koZAtCK35igWCW-VukkrpjtamHXTHtMuV3Mc4SAxaBb0eGHysvCpWSjs62Imf4qMCMeA8--wPSne2ZNAQ45iFPig7COMRzkfPwN3GFPJrCtGXgakyzgU6fVeihXY1kiZ2VyG_A3TcVVgxAG7rwVkBSUYqqrRuRugDby06RQSOEuFOsYgMWd9_nwBkBVYpkw8l60WhSncn8tPrV2UMOEVnShOfcJWrFzi0hUqPeU3FrDZ-jhsPyICdYcJ2ACNgRVbvvA3apQP1XLfiLrIT1ySHZy1k3xIjuxqN4Vx5_dyNyWRjMb1mtkiZ4r-u7wc0EB3DBPiRJGN5OJlMpavJTNnUT8b4n4t4oywEWpe31q0=w477-h358-no-tmp.jpg

Jelly level to 11...so nice right there MTN.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Haven't tried the Banana Republic chino, but I've recently purchased a couple pair of Prana rock climbing/hiking pants (Brion and Table Rock Chino). Nice, light, sort of stretchy. I like them more for golf than actual golf pants. They're also a bit thicker/sturdier so I think they look better for office wear than golf pants would. Would recommend.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

City what were you thinking about when you bladed that wedge? Did you for an instance think about something other than you normally think about? Maybe it's not PSR. Maybe it's SR.

This is the crux of the matter.

FWIW, I'm not sure. Maybe I was thinking, "don't fat it".

Also, it wasn't bladed, it was thinned. About 1&7/8th grooves low. I took no divot.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Questions:

How rapidly do you normally move in your chinos?

What is the most rapid thing you've ever done in your chinos?

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

While we are on the pants topic I have a mini rant.

Maybe being close to mid-30's disqualifies me from caring about this but why are all "casual khakis" either tight, tight but stretchy or kinda loose/still a little stretchy?? I have been trying to find a pair of pants that would fit just like a pair of jeans but not be jeans. Does threat make sense? I had a pair of pants from A&F back in college that were perfect. Loose fit, nice material, durable and good pocket space. Somewhere along the way I got rid of them and now I can't find anything like them.

I know this isn't fashion talk time but does anybody know what kind of pants I am talking about and/or know where to find some?

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

This is the crux of the matter.

FWIW, I'm not sure. Maybe I was thinking, "don't fat it".

Also, it wasn't bladed, it was thinned. About 1&7/8th grooves low. I took no divot.

And to confirm, you are talking about the wedge in on 18? We had a good view of that wedge it and just landed over the flag about a yard off the green (it did then bounce a bit further back). This was not a 'bad' shot for most of us. I think you can go hit 2,000 more wedges over the next few months, and you maybe bring that miss in a yard and it hits the green and you have a putt at birdie. I didn't have a good look at the line, but seemed to be 'ok'.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

DaGoose, sometimes you need to go to a place. Not buy "off the rack".

Get the right fit around the waist and balls, and get the tailor to take the bottoms up the right amount.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I know this isn't fashion talk time but does anybody know what kind of pants I am talking about and/or know where to find some?

Go to a place like Ross, Nordstrom Rack etc that is going to have a bunch of different brands/lines and try on a bunch. Only way to do it. I think Dockers alone has 6 or 7 different fits on their stretch pants - and that's just on their flat front models.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

While we are on the pants topic I have a mini rant.

Maybe being close to mid-30's disqualifies me from caring about this but why are all "casual khakis" either tight, tight but stretchy or kinda loose/still a little stretchy?? I have been trying to find a pair of pants that would fit just like a pair of jeans but not be jeans. Does threat make sense? I had a pair of pants from A&F back in college that were perfect. Loose fit, nice material, durable and good pocket space. Somewhere along the way I got rid of them and now I can't find anything like them.

I've got one pair of Bonobos and they are as good as advertised. Great fit and comfort, and they make my Word not allowed look fantastic. I was just at Rehoboth a couple weeks ago and got hit on, that's how good they are.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

My wedge game needs a winter and fine tuning, like my driver game has recently undergone. It needs more focus from me. It's already better than it used to be.

It's not like we're talking about the wedge game of an 8 capper here, unless someone thinks I'm able to compensate by having the rest of the game as a + golfer.

I'm still stuffing wedges when I hit them well, get them on the right line, generally the right distance. The bad shot just creeps in too frequently for my tastes.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He's also still hitting fairways when he makes good contact with the driver, starts the ball on line, and with little curve.

City, your shot on 18 really wasn't that bad. It was a miss, but it was more of a course management miss than a swing miss IMO. I saw where it landed and ended up, which you probably didn't see from your angle. It hit a little beyond the flag, took a hard bounce, and rolled in to the rough. Not like you flew the entire thing. If you aimed a little left instead of firing at the flag, it would have probably remained on the back of the green. To put it another way, it was a white (middle) pin, but played more like a far back pin from your location.

If you thought you needed a par and not a birdie, you made a course management mistake IMO. If you needed a birdie and fired at it and missed, then that's nothing to beat yourself up on. You took a risk and it didn't pan out. Hitting a billion wedges won't solve that.