2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

I've been checking for a little while. Finally decided to hit the range and then went to Dick's Sporting Goods and bought me a new Ogio Silencer Stand bag.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Just played my worst round since around when I started playing golf. The wind was absolutely ridiculous today. I've never actually played when it was so windy where the wind made a noticeable difference on my putts but today it did. It wasn't a constant wind from one direction but swirling, dying and picking up again, etc. It was ridiculously challenging. Pair that with me playing from a tee that I chose to already give me a challenge and it ends up with me getting my a** kicked. I had 7 three putts and 4 four putts. On 10 I pulled two drives dead straight left. Weirdly enough, I tend to do that on that hole. Don't know why, but I do. I did the same on 11 too. On 15 I shanked an approach and on 18 I hit a huge slice (which hasn't happened in a long time) OB.

In addition to the wind I let a guy who was right behind me join me and the wife as to not leave him playing behind us as we waiting on an extremely slow group in front of us who had another slow group in front of them. He was a nice guy but his swing was weird and he wasn't doing well and I think his frustration started rubbing off on me. Either way, the wind, the new playing partner, the slow pace of play...I was out of my element.

My terrible round ended with me finishing at 35 over. +15 on the front and +20 on the back.

I'm gonna take a few days, rest the body and then get back out there this weekend. Probably play it from the whites (6090) instead of the blues (6635) next time.

Just played my worst round since around when I started playing golf. The wind was absolutely ridiculous today. I've never actually played when it was so windy where the wind made a noticeable difference on my putts but today it did. It wasn't a constant wind from one direction but swirling, dying and picking up again, etc. It was ridiculously challenging. Pair that with me playing from a tee that I chose to already give me a challenge and it ends up with me getting my a** kicked. I had 7 three putts and 4 four putts. On 10 I pulled two drives dead straight left. Weirdly enough, I tend to do that on that hole. Don't know why, but I do. I did the same on 11 too. On 15 I shanked an approach and on 18 I hit a huge slice (which hasn't happened in a long time) OB.

In addition to the wind I let a guy who was right behind me join me and the wife as to not leave him playing behind us as we waiting on an extremely slow group in front of us who had another slow group in front of them. He was a nice guy but his swing was weird and he wasn't doing well and I think his frustration started rubbing off on me. Either way, the wind, the new playing partner, the slow pace of play...I was out of my element.

My terrible round ended with me finishing at 35 over. +15 on the front and +20 on the back.

I'm gonna take a few days, rest the body and then get back out there this weekend. Probably play it from the whites (6090) instead of the blues (6635) next time.

Keep your head up man. I shot 91 in the morning at Pinehurst, drove across the street and posted a 76 5 hours later. Golf is a fickle hore.

WRX WON THE CAPITOL CUP!!!!

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

So finally, WRX took the CC. Just took 3 other defectors from WRX to finally give it to WRX.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Big props to Abb and Eagle for putting in so much hard work. Always fun to just show up and have.....fun.

Also shoutout to Tex for providing so many goodies that take it to the next level. Almost makes up for your golf;). What? You guys thought I was going to make a compliment by itself with no "but" attached?

Yeah 0-3 stings a lot. However, my loses were washed by great play of my stellar teammates! Way to go guys...enjoy your goodies.

Suck it Sullly.

P.S. My PINGS are on BST!

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Superfriends,

I'm headed down to MB in a couple of weeks. I got four days/courses to play (probably one per day unless I'm feeling frisky). I've never been there so I've spent a lot of time looking at courses. I have a list here that seems to be a good selection. Cost is a consideration but not necessarily a limitation. Thoughts on my choices (in no particular order)? I'm staying in Surfside Beach.

Grande Dunes

Thistle

King’s North

River Club

Tidewater

Arrowhead

True Blue

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

That was just a sandwich-wiping counter-cleaning book-burning water-bottle elephant-f*cking beer-drinking ball-finding all-sorts six foot five paddle-spanking hoop-mvp'ing cupcakes bartender-offending wind-blown great time today.

Way to go wrx. Way to go abbie and eagle for putting it together. Everyone on wrx has just gotten a lot more game out there while still keeping it on the F. U. N. That's where I think golf is the best.

Such a good gang. Everyone. Way to go.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Superfriends,

I'm headed down to MB in a couple of weeks. I got four days/courses to play (probably one per day unless I'm feeling frisky). I've never been there so I've spent a lot of time looking at courses. I have a list here that seems to be a good selection. Cost is a consideration but not necessarily a limitation. Thoughts on my choices (in no particular order)? I'm staying in Surfside Beach.

Grande Dunes

Thistle

King’s North

River Club

Tidewater

Arrowhead

True Blue

Replace grande dunes with The dunes and true blue with Caledonia.

Really a great golf weekend, huge thanks to the captains (and Tex) for all of their hard work!

Saturday:

Terp and I played solid golf on the front 9 after a tough start on the first hole. We never let it get away from us and took advantage of good breaks when we could. We went 1 up on 8 and held on to win from there. Alternate shot on the back didn't go as well. We had plenty of opportunities to go 2-0 for the day but it wasn't meant to be. Stix and Boogs played well together and made some clutch shots down the stretch and ended up closing us out 3&2.

Sunday:

Playing Boogs I decided to start the day off by shanking a drive, pitching to the fairway (off the hosel), hitting it to short of the green, chipping up and missing the putt. After mishitting the driver on the next tee I was starting to think the match was going to be over by 9. Thanks to the smooth southern drawl of my cart buddy I started to calm down and settle into the match. Boogs and I were up and down and up and down. No one ever led by more than 1 hole until the end and there may have only been one hole that we pushed. I had to birdie both par 5's on the back (and both times I had to make long putts) just to stay in it and win. Boogs had a bunch of clutch shots that kept the pressure on the whole way. I ended up barely winning the last 2 holes to win 2 up.

As far as my game, I was happy with putting, happy with chipping, iron play got a little sloppy at times and the driver was awful. The rain wasn't all that bad, at least it was warm. Yesterday was chilly and the wind was brutal at times, but it never got to what I would call "unplayable."

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

Really a great golf weekend, huge thanks to the captains (and Tex) for all of their hard work!

Saturday:

Terp and I played solid golf on the front 9 after a tough start on the first hole. We never let it get away from us and took advantage of good breaks when we could. We went 1 up on 8 and held on to win from there. Alternate shot on the back didn't go as well. We had plenty of opportunities to go 2-0 for the day but it wasn't meant to be. Stix and Boogs played well together and made some clutch shots down the stretch and ended up closing us out 3&2.

Sunday:

Playing Boogs I decided to start the day off by shanking a drive, pitching to the fairway (off the hosel), hitting it to short of the green, chipping up and missing the putt. After mishitting the driver on the next tee I was starting to think the match was going to be over by 9. Thanks to the smooth southern drawl of my cart buddy I started to calm down and settle into the match. Boogs and I were up and down and up and down. No one ever led by more than 1 hole until the end and there may have only been one hole that we pushed. I had to birdie both par 5's on the back (and both times I had to make long putts) just to stay in it and win. Boogs had a bunch of clutch shots that kept the pressure on the whole way. I ended up barely winning the last 2 holes to win 2 up.

As far as my game, I was happy with putting, happy with chipping, iron play got a little sloppy at times and the driver was awful. The rain wasn't all that bad, at least it was warm. Yesterday was chilly and the wind was brutal at times, but it never got to what I would call "unplayable."

What about the 60 yard putt out of the rough? Or was it on the cart path?

Tell us the story about your putt on 18, fool!

protos F4

Pro tip. If you ever find yourself at casa de City, make sure to drink anything and everything out of original packaging. DO NOT use any drinking vessel he provides....

68395336.jpg

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Another shout out to Eagle and FAbb. As always, this is my favorite tourney all year (next to 7s of course). It didn't disappoint again. Tons of swag, a lot of banter, some beer drinking (I'll be working that off today), and everything in between.

We won! That is a great feeling even though I sucked.

Saturday

DT carried the team and we had chances together but didn't produce the shots I need when I called the ball. It's happens and I will learn to go for the safer option then thinking I can hit every shot.

DT was a great partner and played very consistent for being his first CC.

Sunday

Dagoose is just a nice guy. I think he saved a lady bug from being ran over on the cart path and help a lady across the street...don't know what she was doing on a golf course ;)

He got very quick with his swings but we got him calmed down. And he played beautifully, so did Boogs. A match that came down to 18 with Dagoose 1 up.

Both off the green on their 4 shots...Dagoose hits a 60 foot (little less or little more) and dang thing never leaves the heart...bang Birdie!

Boogs tried his best to chip in but to no avail. Great match to watch. However, Boogs played great all day. It was like watching a boxing match... Back and forth.

Me, I played better and I was up 2 going into 8 then back to back doubles brought it to even.

On the back Alton found his putting stroke and that was all she wrote. I couldn't get the lead back or even sniff it. Lost 3&2

I survived giving 3 strokes and was up on the front but those 2 strokes on the back killed it.

I'm disappointed in my play this weekend and attitude. No hulk smash clubs thrown but a lot of cussing from my part.

However, I had a great time and hit some shots to bring me back yesterday.

Afterwards is what I look forward more than playing. Both days didn't disappoint and such a great time when we get our group of guys together.

Thanks again Eagle and FAbb.

P.s. At least Endless got 3 trophies because him/Andy are still the only WRXers who haven't won a CC. :)

protos F4

Superfriends,

Grande Dunes

Thistle

King’s North

River Club

Tidewater

Arrowhead

True Blue

I agree with t4t3r - you must play Dunes Golf and Beach Club. The service, scenery, and condition of the course are amazing. I played Tidewater and was underwhelmed mainly by the crappy tee time management/starters. The course is okay, but nothing memorable. MBN is nice (I believe King's North is MBN North Course). I didn't play the North Course but MBN has their stuff together; I played MBN West as my warmup. The course was in perfect shape and was a nice warmup.

Caledonia is on my list this time I go down at the end of July. It is supposed to be an absolutely awesome course but on the pricier side.

Glen Dornoch is also a very nice course that I would suggest. I played like s*** when I was there, but I truly enjoyed the course. It was challenging and had nice scenery. After playing 3 straight days of golf I was dead by the time I played Glen Dornoch.

Brief recap :

No play for me Saturday. Played out at Pine Ridge with Meat Mike, which is just beautiful right now -- Pine RIdge, not Mike. (talk about a tune-up. I was giving him 9 strokes and he shot 38 on the front).

Played in the anchor match on Sunday against StixBmore.

I survived the carnage a little better than he on 1, and got a hole with bogey.

Hole 2, I caused my ball to move in the rough and took a penalty, but he gave it back after washing one and we halved with doubles. Sloppy start from both of us.

I used my stroke on 3 after he made a nice up & down for par (+2) and I hit a nice lag putt from 12 feet. I got 6 with a curling 20 foot birdie (+3), and went 4 up after 8 as he burned an edge and I knocked in a 7 footer.

But, he made great pars on 9 & 10 to trim it to 2. It was looking like a big mo' shift on 11 as I left a putt about 12 feet short, but he hit a loose putt and we halved with 4's. I got it back to 3 up with a par on 14 and then I dunked a down-hiller for bird on 15 when he had about 3 feet for bird. He made that too, so I was dormie, but his putter let him down on 16 and he conceded the putt and match.

I probably had my A-minus game out there and he had his B game. Neither of us putted very well and outside of 1 & 2, I was just pounding fairways all day and that felt like the difference to me. New driver move is really paying off. I mentally checked out coming in, while Stix put his two best swings on the ball all day off those two tees.

Nice day. Wind was just crazy out there. When we were out there, 1 was playing down wind, and so was 9. Explain that, science. It was a strong wind but mostly swirling. Just point it down the middle, and hope for the best.

Thanks again to Fabb and Eagle who have really created a great event.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Awesome play by the WRX team this weekend. The guys didn't just win, they dominated. I had the worst attitude I've had on a golf course since a tournament back in 2009, but it all washed away when I found out the team secured enough points to win the cup. The anchor groups came roaring in with 5 straight victories for the WRX team. Awesome stuff.

Eagle didn't have his best stuff, but it was more than enough to vanquish me 3&1. When I made a mistake, he took advantage of it. On the rare hole where I actually played some golf, he did the same. He's always there when it matters in match play. When he needs to make a putt, he makes it. When he's got to muster up a birdie, he makes one. When he needs to grind out a par save, he does. When he needs to stop the bleeding and hit a good shot, he hits one.

I couldn't have been more the opposite. My Sunday on the course was forgettable at best. I amassed the worst day of scoring in a very long time. By the time the match ended on 17 I was 14 over par, had 3 ESC doubles, 5 3-putts, a missed 3-footer after my only good short game shot of the day, all while somehow hitting 8 FWs and 9 GIRs. The only thing worse than my play was my attitude. I was in a bad place from the easy chip I totally F'd on the first hole. When I found out what I thought was a good drive on 2 had flown into the creek, I fell deeper into a mental hole, and just kept digging it all day. I apologized profusely to my playing companions, and brought them a round of Willow Bottoms to the 18th green.

Domes was ailing as badly as I was on the greens yesterday. He jumped out to a lead early, but the flatstick ultimately did him in down the stretch. I feel bad, because I wasn't helping him out at all mentally. I was a real stinker to play with yesterday. His ballstriking was strong. Once he practices himself out of his putting funk, he will be well on his way to pushing his index to a new low.

There were so many impressive victories out there yesterday. Dagoose drained a bomb on 18 for birdie to slam the door shut for a 2up victory. Freezy and DT got the broom out and swept the matches in their group. Goose made a great up and down for birdie on 18 for a 1up victory. OCRick channeled BethesdaRick for an impressive victory over a tough opponent. Sully ground out a 1up victory. MTN and Hoop put a beatdown on their opponents to secure the last points WRX needed to win the cup. City and Halcyan anchored the team with another broom show. 10 wins in all for the team in singles. Fantastic playing, guys.

This victory was a long time coming for WRX, and well earned. The first time we put a team together in 2013, there were maybe a handful of us that had played competitive golf, and we needed to steal a couple guys from the DCGT just to fill the team. You all have been working hard learning to play competitive golf ever since, and it paid off this weekend. Well done, gentlemen. The next one of you I see is taking the cup home with them. Enjoy it for a bit, then pass it along to the next guy you see.

Congrats to Team WRX. They played great and had a great team.

Thanks again to Stix for carrying the team on Saturday. He was playing great and I definitely wasnt carrying my weight on the better ball format.

Good playing with t** and dagoose on Saturday and dagoose on Sunday. They played great as well and dagoose hit some bombs and soul-crushing putts (especially on the 18th on Sunday but I'll leave that to him to tell that story). I talked to Eagle on the 18th and he pretty much summed it up perfectly when your opponent is playing well and putting lights out: "Nothing else you can do but shake his hands and tell him it was a pleasure playing". It definitely was to play someone cool and kind as dagoose, I couldnt have asked for a better opponent. Much props to him and a well deserved win.

Thanks to Eagle and Fabb for setting everything up for a great Cap Cup and for Tex for making some awesome trophies and bringing a ton of take home swag.

I'll try to come up with more of a recap but I'm exhausted and back at the office today. I might seriously pass out and start snoring.

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

Awesome play by the WRX team this weekend. The guys didn't just win, they dominated.

Are you saying this happened?

dzytltukqx096x7lbsyd.GIF

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Absolute blast yesterday. The whole reason why Rick and I travel 2.5 hours to hang with superfriends. Great job Eagle and Fabb with the setup.

I ran into an absolute buzzsaw yesterday. Piped the first drive int he fairway, then proceeded to hit my approach so fat it was still 50 yards out. Pitch up, roll in a 15 footer for par and a half. Ok. I can handle this all day. Hugged the tree line on 2, and snuck past them in the rough. Hit it up the right side of the fairway, knock it on, 2 putt for par and half. Pushed a little right on 3, hit it right of my intended line on approach that catches the face of the bunker and rolls back in, get it into the fringe, chip and putt for bogey and another half. Feeling good, hit driver to 60 out on 4. Knock it to 20 feet and proceed to 3 putt for bogey. Opponent makes 4. Down 1. And here it goes...

5, the wind just blows my ball 20 yards (yes Sully, 20 yards) from just left of pin to left of the bunker. Squirrelly lie, chunk it in the bunker. Chunk that out, 2 putt, double. He plays with it to make a 4, but still wins the hole. 6 hit it up the left side, the approach is dead on line, but catches the bunker. Chunk it out to the fringe, chip up, make the putt and he makes bogey for a half. Still down 2. 7 hit a decent drive to the left side of the fairway. then the wind catches my layup and it lands on the cart path. Luckily the big effin tree that it bounced into kept it from going ob. Couldn't get to the green, so short left, then a chip up, then 3 jacks to lose to a par. 3 down. 8 I just slapped at it, it ballooned, it went nowhere, the 3 putt just put the cherry on top, and I lose to a bogey. 4 down. 9 I stepped on a driver and it turned over left a little. I saw it nearly clearing the cedars on the left, and went searching. It was in the fairway somehow, still inside 150. Ok, that's a break. Use it. He's in the fairway bunker. I drop it in the bunker front right. Make a stupid double and lose to a bogey. 5 down at the turn!

10. I figured it out. Balloon a hybrid to 235 out. Slap a 3 wood into the wind to the front (right preferably.) Chip up to 8 feet and roll that in for par! Voila.

11. Yes Eagle, the wind was in our face. The water was running that way because of the retaining wall...the water had to move somewhere, so it was going that way. But a NW wind is pretty much in your mush there. Doesn't help that I hit about 3 inches behind the ball there. Sploosh. Another hole lost. 6 down, 7 to play.

12 hit it up the left side. Get behind a tree and I can even see the pin. Have to play it to the back left of the green. First putt is rolling, hits the crest, rolls a few more feet and stops on the downslope well above the hole. Another 3 putt. He slaps it around to halve the hole. Dormie 6. 13 I hit it inside the 150 in the fairway. He's around 200 out in the left rough. I end up with a solid par, he bogeys. Dormie 5.

14 drive slides down the left side just into the rough. His second is in the ivy patch right on the hill. Maybe we find it. Maybe it's gone forever. I can't get to the pin, so just play it to the front. I walk over to look for his ball...I saw it land. He's maybe 50 feet from where I saw it. He says "it didn't get up there..." But I'll take a peek anyway. 5 seconds of looking and it's sitting in an area the size of a laundry basket with no junk around it. You couldn't have placed it any better. Crap. Play hard. I lipped out my bogey putt, which would have extended the match, but we tie with doubles. His really only brainfart all day. Take off the hat, shake hands, he got me 5&4.

On the last 4 holes, I was 1 over, while he was 3 over. I could have gotten to 16 or 17 before getting closed out....maybe. He was solid. Posted an 80 I believe. Never let up, never gave a gap, never let me have hope. Just the way you want to play in match play. He was an assassin. Even though I got whooped, I had a blast!

My match with andy was such a shitshow. Neither of us really deserved to win it. But it ended up as a good matchup since we are a similar type of player that can play some decent golf or completely s*** the bed. It just happened to be the latter yesterday.

I won #1 and #15 with pars against bogies, but I think those are the only two holes like that. And I don't think we ever halved with pars either. Meaning lots of bogies winning holes, which is sad for a pair of guys with 10 and 12 caps. I had two strokes, and made net pars to win the holes, and that was all the difference. I bet either one of us could have ran away with that match by shooting a smooth 90 with 18 bogies, and either would have been a candidate for worst beatdown if the other was playing anywhere near their handicap.

endlesswinterco played some good golf out there though, so the rest of us got to remember what that looks like. He missed 2 shorter putts that I can recall, but didn't make any big mistakes all day. My favorite moment was when he hit the top of the retaining wall on #11, bounced 20 feet in the air, and rolled to 3 feet and won CTP. Bangas hit a nice shot to the green and 2 putted for par, but was staring down the barrel of going further down in his match because of that retaining wall shot. endless missed the 3 footer, and I didn't feel bad for him for one damn second.

Eagle/Fabb - awesome work. Tex - awesome work to you and Mrs. Tex for some great cupcakes.

Sat: Best ball with Domes vs. Endless and A. Start off strong with a good drive that I followed with an approach that I hit a bit long, but manage to make a nice 5 footer to save bogie and win with a 5/4 as all others came in with bogies. A damn good luck at birdie for me and Domes on 2, but both miss and A. makes a really nice par save. They pick one up on 3 to even the match, then Domes start hammering the m' f'n ball and carries us to a 3/2 win. The rain started on 6 or so and my game went south shortly after. As we move to alternate shot, we halve10 and 11 with pars. On 12, Domes left, me right. We play domes. I hit a tree, goes into the woods. Domes tries to play out. Bends his 4 iron as hits a branch on the follow through. 1 Down. Domes mashes a drive on 13, I chunk/shank one right. 2 down. Ok - I need to get the ball in the fairway to give Domes the second shot. Regardless of where his ball is, we need to let him hit into the greens as my game is falling apart. I'm able to do that on 14. Domes leaves it just short. I try to putt it to the front pin, but barely get it through the rough. Bad guys are in for par and Domes has about 20 feet to halve. Drains it. Huge putt and leaves us two down. 15 - able to get the drive in play and Domes hits an epic three wood to about 25 feet. Great shot from 242 out that started left and faded right on the flag. We win with a par 5 (lets not talk about the three putt). One down. Win 16. Even. Have a look at par to win 17 but miss the putt and halve. Even going to 18. I keep my drive in play and we elect to play it over the Domes tee ball which was a few yards ahead. Domes launches another three wood that ends in front bunker. Bad guys are scrambling around. I get the ball out of the bunker to about 20 feet. Domes rolls it close and the par putt is conceded as we win 1 up.

Sunday: I was giving 12 strokes against my DC Golf Tour opponent and talked over strategy with Sully and Domes going into the round as I'm not used to giving that many strokes. All agreed I couldn't give any holes away. Needed to keep the ball in play and let pars win and bogies halve holes. Started off strong with a par 4 on hole 1 and got off to a one up lead. Hole 2 I stripe 3 wood to the middle of the fairway. Pull 5 iron to lay up. End up pushing it right, hits the tree and lands a yard OB right. Exactly what I cannot do in this match. Lose the hole. DCGTD wins hole 3 with a great par net birdie. 1 down. I win 4 and 5. 1 up. DCGTD wins 6 with a gross par to my bogie via 3 putt. I have a good stretch of holes with a par 5 on 7 to win followed by my best iron of the day on 8 to win with a par 3. 2 Up. We halve 9. I win 10 as my opponent has to pick up. (Side note, Matt drained a putt from the right edge on 10 that had to be close to 60 feet) Win 12 with a nice par putt from about 12 feet. 4 Up. Gave away 13, but ended up winning 4 & 2. Good match with a lot of blood on the front. Was able to follow my plan fairly well and putt a lot of pressure on my opponent with tee shots in play. MTN was in the other match in our group and played great. Drove the ball well all day and hit some gorgeous iron shots.

Overall, what a fun weekend. Both of the DCGT teams were really fun to play with. A and Endless are really part of the WRX crew and it was a very even match with a lot of competitive holes that required making some testy 3 footers. Our opponents on Sunday were great. Fun, competitive and friendly. Enjoyable round of golf. Ended up 3-0 and got the MVP. Yes sir! Consider me the Steph Curry of the thread for the next year. Won an amazing putter cover that is going on the flat stick immediately. Thanks to Nerf for some awesome work there. Also looking forward to playing at Hobbits with the free round.

Fun to be part of CC2016 and looking forward to reading the recaps all day.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

Funny on the course...Walking off 16.

Me: Freezy! 6 foot 5.

Rick: He's not that tall!

Me: No, he's not.

Rick: Wut?

The pants I wore yesterday had their maiden voyage. Bought them last year, but just never got a chance to wear them. I didn't realize the back pockets were sewn shut. I was trying to jam my glove in the back pocket but kept getting denied. Then I realized it. Driving to 2 tee, I told Rick he might have to do some surgery on my pants in the butt area. I still need to cut the pockets open... Tex asked why I didn't just rip them open. I wasn't sure what would happen, and didn't want to rip my pants wide open. It was more than a little windy out there, and I had never met the DCGT guys we were playing with. It could have turned into an incident. And besides, why give away a free show when you can charge!

JJ and I were put up against Corey & Matt, two golfers who always play together in this event and seem to never miss any putts. I was giving 4 against Matt and he was getting 4 v. Corey. There were very few halved holes between the matches, things swung every which way and all 4 players had something at stake playing the 18th hole.

JJ went blow for blow with his opponent, was up most of the way and then a birdie and a few long putts swung things Corey's way. He had a par putt on 17 that I could have sworn was DFC and I still don't understand how it missed. Instead of moving to 18 AS, he was 1-down and forced to press. Drove the ball great all day and hit some beautiful pitch shots out of that gnarly rough. We were both walking so it gave us time to cool off, pep each other up and keep our heads in it.

I needed my match more for me than for our team results- in the last 3 years, I've gone 0-fer in singles and that stat was in my head more than I'd like to admit. Not playing to my index recently and giving shots, my goal for the day was to take the 4 stroke holes and give him no net advantage. Almost worked- I won 3 with a birdie, halved 9 and lost the other two.

Our front 9 was ugly but I held ground, despite putting balls OB on both par 5s and cold-topping two tee shots. Add in a horrendous wedge game and it was kind of a miracle that I made the turn 1-up. Somethingsomething putt for dough?

• Won 11, 2up...okay, looking better.
  • He then makes a sweet birdie on 12 to beat my par. 1up
  • 13- I block out by the left trees, we both bogey but he strokes. 14, he pars for net bird. Now I'm 1 down
  • 15- I had the advantage all the way and chunk a 50 yard wedge shot. thin the second one and make bogey. He also bogeys, still 1 down with 3 to play.
  • 16- We both land short of the green, I chip to an easy par but he makes a 6 or 7 footer for his. Crap, still 1 down.
  • 17- He's in the fairway..great. I hit driver wayyy right and end up 60 yards out in some boot-deep rough. Matt goes left of the green with his approach and I'm on the front, about 80 feet for birdie. Blow that putt by about 20 feet. He's sitting about 6 feet for par. I drain the putt. He misses, square going into 18.
  • Good drive, great 3 iron, solid pitch, make the 6 footer for a birdie and the match. Felt good to get that damn monkey off my back.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Before the legend of the putt on 18 gets out of hand let me set the record straight haha

I over shot the green from 138 in the right rough at the bottom of the hill. I was about 3" onto the fringe and had to come all the way back down the green (all down hill) somewhere in the range of 45-60'. Someone can probably go on Google earth or Blue Golf and get an exact number. I picked a line that actually started away from the hole and then I was going to let the slope do the work and hopefully have it settle somewhere in makeable range. Boogs was off the green so I was just hoping to force him to get up and down. Tex asked if I wanted the pin in and I said sure (good thing he asked).

Then I hit the putt in the general area I wanted to and watched it track down to the pin and drop in. Boogs gave me a 'WTF was that' look, Tex let out a yell and even Alton couldn't believe it.

I got really lucky though because if that thing missed I was probably going to end up 30 yards into the fairway. If the pin wasn't in I think it hops the hole and probably still ends up off the green.

It was a 'blind squirrel' moment for sure, but it was a pretty sizable nut so it was exciting.

Putter is feeling really good right now.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips