2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

i find this to be a fascinating subtle simpsons rorschach gif test btw.

1. drinking

2. breakdancing monkey

3. acid

4. lost on a raft

5. circle chicken walking celebration

6. drinking

7. drinking

8. bbq flying whole pig

9. throat choke

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

One of my rare 2 putts actually came when I was like 100 feet away, so we can probably assume I wouldn't have 4 putted that.

My game has gone from looking good if I can start scoring around the greens to complete disaster recently. I was +11 through 12, easily heading for +12-13 if I had putted out the 13th. It would have ended worse than Sunday for sure. I only hit 5 GIRs, and 5 FWs to that point, and had racked up 25 putts. Add in the 3 times I putted from the fringe, and it was really more like 28 putts. A whopping 2.33 putts per hole. My driving was bad, but somewhat serviceable. My drive on 3 forced me to punch out, and I was in a tough spot on 6 but was able to punch onto the green. Otherwise I think the rest of the group would have been happy to play from my tee balls yesterday. They weren't up to snuff, but they sure weren't the cause of me racking up strokes. My irons were bad. Just not striking them well, and hitting some slappy pushes. My chipping was something out of a Stephen King book. I failed to get a chip on the green once, and all but one of my other chips failed to get inside 15 mother F'ing feet. As awful as my putting was, I'm shockingly not worried about it. I went from the 34.5" Ketsch Heavy with a counterbalanced Flatso 2.0 and conventional grip, to the 32-33" Odyssey #2 with skinny i-line grip putting left-hand-low. A big enough change that I expected to take some lumps yesterday, though probably not as many as I did. All that said, I think I was at least pleasant to be around for the 12.5 holes I was out there. I was suffering from some historically bad self-loathing frustration over my golf game, but it was a beautiful day out there with the superfriends. It was warm, pretty calm, and only slightly muddy. A big improvement on the conditions this past weekend.

Not sure what the practice session accomplished, but I just felt like it was a better way to spend my last couple hours of "me" time before running home to put the kids to bed. I got in easily 20x as many reps in the same amount of time. I hit a large bucket, working on my setup, and hitting some punches like I did in my lesson this spring. I came out of that feeling so-so. I went around the green with my 55 hitting chips and pitches for a bit after that. I actually transferred one of the setup changes from the range to the short game as well, but otherwise I was just hitting shots and getting in reps. Felt better about chipping walking away, but that still isn't nearly enough reps. I smacked some short and mid range putts to try and build the confidence up. Mission accomplished? The last thing I did was go out and play 1-2 before heading home. I played 1 on a single ball because somebody else was on the tee and let me out ahead. GIR, and a 2-putt par. I hit a whole bunch of balls on the second hole, some of them very good, and none were bad. I hit the biggest bomb I've ever hit from the blue tees there, and put the other drive in good position in the fairway as well. I picked up the driver further back and plopped it down next to the good one. I hit hybrid to 25 feet, and then to 15 feet from there. Walked up a bit more and threw down a couple 115 yard wedge shots that came off pretty well. Putted all the balls out, and miraculously none were 3 putted (one was close :)). Hopefully some of that transfers into my game improving next week. I'd like to get out again between now and then to chip some more, but we'll see.

I got out to The Links at Challedon after work yesterday. It is sort of on my way home and I have been wanting to play it after hearing good things from some people at work. Overall, it was an interesting layout and it was in pretty good shape. I would definitely play there again. My favorite hole was the Par 5 3rd. There is a pond to the right of the fairway that would take a good 250 yards to carry. I went with a 5 wood because I knew I could draw it away from the pond and ended up about 260 out in the left side of the fairway. Laid up, wedge on the green, and 2 putts for an easy par.

I hit some loose drives but was hitting the new Nike irons well. I'm still surprised at how high they go.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Busted out the new Ping G series iron set last night. Yellow Dot, 1/2 longer. I had these on the Wednesday before the Capitol Cup, but they didn't have plastic wrap on the irons, so I couldn't go up to Fabb at the check in table and ask for help unwrapping them. I'm going from SG15 iron to these, so the bounce is way less pronounced, but man, it just feels like the face is so much hotter. The iron feels "spring like" at impact, I just don't have any other way to describe it. I never really knew what good impact felt like on the SG, because everything came off muted. The ball flight is only slightly lower than my SG's but I supposed that's to be expected. The crossover 4 is the one I'm most excited about, as I really hit it well during testing. I had it in my bag at Cap Cup, but just never trusted myself to pull it out and the one time I could have used it I just choked up on my Ping G15 3 hybrid and it worked out great. Really hoping a miracle happens with Saturday's weather so I can hit them, but its not looking good.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

Isn't someone here a big fan of Cleveland CG1s?

http://www.golfwrx.c...w-rifle-shafts/

I had CG1's that were stolen.

I bought a replacement set that were used and cut down.

And, by "cut down", I mean that it looked like someone maybe started working on the cut with a pipe cutter or hack-saw and then just clamped the shaft in a vice and smashed the end off with a hammer. The ends were jagged and unfinished, and the length gaps were anywhere between 0 inches and 1 inch on successive clubs.

That's a nice looking set and he'd probably take 2 bills, but I'm happy with my Mizzy Dirty Sevens for right now.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

. . .also, FTR, I didn't think Abb's putting was that bad. I think a few of his 3-putt or 3-frutts stopped in tough spots and he was all over the lips. He had a great 2-putt from 100 feet on 8 where he almost sank the first one.

I don't think anyone is worried about Abb getting his scoring going, and sooner rather than later.

*3-frutt : a 3-putt from the fringe, which is technically a 2-putt.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

. . .also, FTR, I didn't think Abb's putting was that bad. I think a few of his 3-putt or 3-frutts stopped in tough spots and he was all over the lips. He had a great 2-putt from 100 feet on 8 where he almost sank the first one.

I don't think anyone is worried about Abb getting his scoring going, and sooner rather than later.

Hit it to 100 feet on a par 3. Fabb gon be unhappy with that one.

I am going to shamelessly steal the term 3-frutt.

we also have used the term "cringe" for when a player hits to the green's fringe near the hole on purpose so he can keep his putts per round low.

this madness was first started by city, coined by me, so by eagle math it's

city + purposeful minge = cringe

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I'm keeping the Sengara. Every other bag I've looked at would have an internal putter well, and the sengara basically has that with a huge divider in the front. I did a lot of testing last night and the putter grip won't catch on anything in there.

I think I speak for all of us when I say I am glad to bring this difficult chapter in our nation's history to a close.

I'm keeping the Sengara. Every other bag I've looked at would have an internal putter well, and the sengara basically has that with a huge divider in the front. I did a lot of testing last night and the putter grip won't catch on anything in there.

I think I speak for all of us when I say I am glad to bring this difficult chapter in our nation's history to a close.

Whew. I was tossing and turning in my sleep the last few nights, but I'll sleep easy tonight.

we also have used the term "cringe" for when a player hits to the green's fringe near the hole on purpose so he can keep his putts per round low.

this madness was first started by city, coined by me, so by eagle math it's

city + purposeful minge = cringe

Not so much on purpose but sort of just kind of rooting for a ball that is near the edge of the green to finish in the fringe.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Anyone else playing golf in the rain tomorrow? I am playing golf in the rain so hard tomorrow.

I have a best-ball with the men's club skedded. I bet they cancel. I'm going out to the club anyway. If they cancel. it's a game time decision whether I still go out or not.

Tee time for Sunday and rain chances keep getting worse every time I click, but we're playing.

Could be worse. Wife is doing an outdoor show in Reston this weekend. If anyone is in that area, go buy some jewelry. She's having a good year, but this weekend looks like it gon suck.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The food at Hobbits is very good, the golf at Hobbits wasn't so good yesterday. I need to settle on a swing. I can't stop tinkering. Had the pulls yesterday. But then I'd throw in a push fade. Iron play was decent. Hit some nice chips. Hit some very nice drives but 4 WTF drives. Missed everything around the greens. Just having real issues with 5 to 10 foot putts. It's frustrating to hit a nice chip to 5 feet and then whiff the putt. Maybe these Ping putters are just bad juju.... Let's just say I'm no Jordan Spieth. Anyhow, without stellar ball striking, making less than 1 out of 4 putts from 5 to 10 feet ain't going to cut it. Just puts so much pressure on the rest of the game. I don't need more pressure. Nobody does.

City played well for the most part. A little loose off of the tee. Irons are still strong, especially his long iron game. Putting was Jekkyl and Hyde. Mostly Hyde, though.

Fabb didn't play well, but I agree with his assessment of the day. Driver was in play, a few were very solid. Irons were off, but I chalk that up to a bad day. I think the putting is just in the dome right now. Going from the heavy putter to the light and short putter was probably not going to work. It will get better. It has to.

Back to me. I think hitting off of mud has made me steeper than usual. Catching shorties a touch fat. I actually am hitting it better out of thick rough than tight muddy lies. Odd? IDK. Confidence needs a boost right now. Big time.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

Whew. I was tossing and turning in my sleep the last few nights, but I'll sleep easy tonight.

Girlfriend asked me this morning who Sengara was. She said I was talking in my sleep and kept saying "I can't get it out of your hole Sengara."

Confidence needs a boost right now. Big time.

661355e8986839b0735512a76d0a8017.jpg

Waverly Sunday. Hitting the metamorphosis booth with City, whether he likes it or not.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

Funny but rude moment at the bar yesterday.

First of all, they have a kid working there who is definitely brainally-challenged. Like, born that way.

Well, he really does keep screwing things up. First of all, PQ and I moved seats after we ordered, and he tried bringing my food to my old seat.

He came out a couple minutes later with PQ's food, and went back to the same seats. The bar was not busy. And the bartender needs to keep correcting him.

Little while later, he comes out with an order of hot wings and tried to give them to me.

The female bartender -- rudely, IMO -- goes, "THAT was for takeout, so BYE felicia and needs more celery."

And, the kid was like "awwww, geez."

Anyway, I say to PQ, "I think she just said 'bye felicia' and I think that's a thing."

So he googled it and yes, it's a thing. And, some of you right now are going, "what's a thing? bye felicia is a thing? What's that even mean?"

And some of you are going, "of course that's a thing. That's been a thing for a long time and I know where it comes from."

As far as I'm concerned, "bye felicia and needs more celery" is an even better thing.

I think "needs more celery" is perfect for DFCS.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Anyone else playing golf in the rain tomorrow? I am playing golf in the rain so hard tomorrow.

Just cancelled my 7:30 am tee time, marking 4 straight rounds cancelled by rain. My time will be better spent Sunday at the range and Monday (hopefully) with a 1 on 1 with Monte.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

#CCCP. closing May 1- May 14 period tonight at 9pm so get 'em in if you haven't already.

http://cccp2016.hero...scores?period=4

results posted on monday.

Excited to see I have taken my rightful place at the top of the leaderboard. Oh wait, that's the bottom, again. F*k.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

#CCCP. closing May 1- May 14 period tonight at 9pm so get 'em in if you haven't already.

http://cccp2016.hero...scores?period=4

results posted on monday.

Excited to see I have taken my rightful place at the top of the leaderboard. Oh wait, that's the bottom, again. F*k.

hoop, you'll be at the top one day.

1312293.gif?b64lines=

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Back to me. I think hitting off of mud has made me steeper than usual. Catching shorties a touch fat. I actually am hitting it better out of thick rough than tight muddy lies. Odd? IDK. Confidence needs a boost right now. Big time.

Some of the lies recently barely even qualify as mud. Club digs like crazy.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX