Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1431910726' post='11575848']
[quote name='MaccaRayDudley' timestamp='1431895227' post='11574648']
I just bought the book. I remain open minded and I'll pass judgement once I've read it. I never think it's a bad thing when some traditional paradigms are questioned. Particularly true when you consider how much "golf instruction gospel" has been disproved as nonsense over the years.
[/quote]

He's not questioning any paradigms any more than any other canned "method" that is for sale. These things are a dime a dozen, if this was such good material, why hasn't leds taught it till now?
[/quote]

I suspect many instructors would try to fix a take away with the club outside the hands, or a shaft that crosses the line at the top. These would be viewed as faults not desirable attributes. A paradigm is a set of forms that have particular attributes, which in this case are being challenged.

[quote name='MaccaRayDudley' timestamp='1431912613' post='11576062'][quote name='bph7' timestamp='1431910726' post='11575848']
I just bought the book. I remain open minded and I'll pass judgement once I've read it. I never think it's a bad thing when some traditional paradigms are questioned. Particularly true when you consider how much "golf instruction gospel" has been disproved as nonsense over the years.
[/quote]

He's not questioning any paradigms any more than any other canned "method" that is for sale. These things are a dime a dozen, if this was such good material, why hasn't leds taught it till now?
[/quote]

I suspect many instructors would try to fix a take away with the club outside the hands, or a shaft that crosses the line at the top. These would be viewed as faults not desirable attributes. A paradigm is a set of forms that have particular attributes, which in this case are being challenged.[/quote]

I can name two players who crossed the line. bobby jones and Nancy Lopez. And to some extent Tom Watson.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

[quote name='mattwood' timestamp='1431911861' post='11575980']
[/quote]

[/quote]

From the horse's mouth.

"It took several years to conceive, study, design, refine and test—including putting it through the paces at a biomechanist's lab—but I'm happy to say I've developed a new way to swing that does make the backswing simpler"

I'm sure this won't suffice for you though.
[/quote]

It does not, that's precisely what all canned instruction methods say. Been there, heard that before, wake me when this is all over. Also, it shouldn't really matter what I think of this, actual good teachers have specifically mentioned why the content of this so called revolutionary method is unlikely to be much help and will likely be detrimental for most. What else do you need to hear besides that?

[quote name='NoTalentLefty' timestamp='1431912916' post='11576098']
[quote name='MaccaRayDudley' timestamp='1431912613' post='11576062'][quote name='bph7' timestamp='1431910726' post='11575848']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I suspect many instructors would try to fix a take away with the club outside the hands, or a shaft that crosses the line at the top. These would be viewed as faults not desirable attributes. A paradigm is a set of forms that have particular attributes, which in this case are being challenged.[/quote]

I can name two players who crossed the line. bobby jones and Nancy Lopez. And to some extent Tom Watson.
[/quote]

I agree. Lorena Ochoa crossed the line at the top also. She was pretty good. Lots of good players have done this. At one point in his career Tom Watson tried to eliminate crossing the line at the top from his swing and it resulted in him hitting fat shots. He reverted back to what he had always done and continued to win tournaments. I'm a big believer that impact alignments are what really matters in the golf swing. If you can find a pattern of movements that allows you to achieve a good, repeatable impact position you will play good golf even if some elements of your swing don't satisfy the current instruction standards. I'm not necessarily advocating crossing the line at the top. I believe in maintaining an open mind.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1431914361' post='11576266']
[/quote]

[/quote]

From the horse's mouth.

"It took several years to conceive, study, design, refine and test—including putting it through the paces at a biomechanist's lab—but I'm happy to say I've developed a new way to swing that does make the backswing simpler"

[/quote]

It does not, that's precisely what all canned instruction methods say. Been there, heard that before, wake me when this is all over. Also, it shouldn't really matter what I think of this, actual good teachers have specifically mentioned why the content of this so called revolutionary method is unlikely to be much help and will likely be detrimental for most. What else do you need to hear besides that?
[/quote]

From you, preferably nothing.

2016 Taylormade M2 9.5* w/Fujikura Pro 60 stiff
Titleist 917 F3 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80 stiff
Callaway RazrX Tour stock shaft stiff/Mizuno MP-30 2 iron with Rifle 6.0 shaft
Bridgestone J 40DPC w/Aerotech Steelfibers 95 r
50* Bridgestone J 15 wedges with Nippon Pro Modus3 125, 54*,58* Titleist Vokey wedges
Odessey White Hot #5

[quote name='mattwood' timestamp='1431917147' post='11576576']
[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1431914361' post='11576266']
[/quote]

[/quote]

From the horse's mouth.

[/quote]

[/quote]

From you, preferably nothing.
[/quote]

I'm fine ending this back and forth with you, but I think I owe a duty to the rest of the golfers on here to ensure they don't fall for this leadbetter snake oil, so I likely will continue to post for that purpose.

Ok I was able to go to the course today. Initially it was awful as expected. I was having big trouble with hooks, hooks, hooks. I finally got the grip weak enough and started to hit some nice draws. I was just in the practice area hitting shots. Once I got a little comfortable with it I played nine holes. I really had to focus on the grip and when I did I hit it very well. Probably a little longer than my normal swing. I was also making great contact. Having the grip in my fingers was the key. I felt like I could really relax my arms and wrist just let the swing happen. I felt like it created more lag. I shot a 37. Needless to say, I will stay with it and see how things progress.

Don’t get me wrong. I have no illusions that I am doing the swing exactly like the book says. I am sure I am not as upright on the backswing and am still probably not finishing like they suggest. I do love the feeling of having the grip more in my fingers and not in my palms. Love the contact I was making. Still getting used to the weak right hand also. When I revert back to my more strong grip, hook, hook, hook!

As far as differences form SnT. You actually have a stronger grip in SnT, with handle towards left pocket. Weak grip with this with handle in middle. Weight stays on left side, not with this. Hip slides more toward target with SnT. More turn with this swing. Feel like I get more whip and easy power with this swing. Just a few I can think of right now.

[quote name='borker' timestamp='1431909632' post='11575728']
Just wow. I am so sick of these charlartans that just repackage stuff and put a NAME to it. Golf Digest has a whole article on this for their June issue and you can read about it here and watch some demo videos : [url="http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2015-06/david-leadbetter-a-swing-starter-kit?mbid=nl_051415_daily_hitlist&CNDID=21440072&spMailingID=7742022&spUserID=NTY3MzcwMjk5NjUS1&spJobID=681516409&spReportId=NjgxNTE2NDA5S0"]http://www.golfdiges...=NjgxNTE2NDA5S0[/url]

I see nothing more than what Tiger was doing under Foley back in 2012. Solid arm/shaft/wrist unit in takeaway, hands sucking more to the inside while clubhead stays out in front and above the hands going back. Looping to shallower in downswing.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBEb9Z4510"]https://www.youtube....h?v=-SBEb9Z4510[/url]

Even the picture from above of the golfer in that article has the upper body leaning towards target look of what Tiger/Foley were working on (SnT). How can this guy get away with calling this NEW as well as saying he spent so much time researching it? GRRR . I guess when your crap doesn't work, you must continually "re-invent" and proclaim the next new best thing.

BTW, how did this working out for Tiger's back...
[/quote]

model looks like some nice EE in the picture series :)

[quote name='notsohard' timestamp='1431947886' post='11577498'][quote name='NoTalentLefty' timestamp='1431910720' post='11575844']
Isn't this some of Ballard 's teachings.
[/quote]

no where near it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP0a3eCmNOg[/quote]

Notsohard thank you for the correction

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
               6-7 Big Bertha 

[quote name='Steve Ryan' timestamp='1431667330' post='11562330']
[quote name='FatReed' timestamp='1431645863' post='11560780']
[quote name='NoTalentLefty' timestamp='1431644480' post='11560674']
Too bad no one is sticking to the subject. Instead bashing leadbetter.
[/quote]

This is WRX. . . that's what they do best.

If Leadbetter even knew WRX existed....... . . .
[/quote]

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kkIxO41l_8[/media]

LOL. Just sayin....
[/quote]

Watching it again, by the 55 second mark of video these timeless analogies are used:
1. Sidearm
2. Skip-the-stone
3. Baseball swing

Notsohard I do believe though some elements of Leadbetter's sound like he did get them from Ballard.

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
               6-7 Big Bertha 

I haven't read the book but I have watched all the videos on youtube which explains it pretty well and I see nothing wrong with it. In fact I like the idea of looping the swing a little. If you come over the top why not use the club's momentum to get it moving in the right direction? Bring it back high and then let it fall back on plane in transition. Of course you can overdo it and wind up with the opposite problem. You have to monitor what you are doing closely or have a second set of eyes. But that goes for anything you might be working on.

I feel like we all want the golf swing to be idiot proof. You have to work at it no matter what approach you use. This one seems no different and I think it could be helpful for the OTT crowd. Not sure so much if you already come too far from the inside. I'll try it out a little at the range and see. You have to make up your own mind. I really don't understand the knee jerk reactions against Ledbetter. I know nothing of him as an instructor other than what I've heard here which is pretty negative.

[quote name='NoTalentLefty' timestamp='1431990599' post='11581844']
Notsohard I do believe though some elements of Leadbetter's sound like he did get them from Ballard.
[/quote]

If you bring all the teaching methods together you will find many elements in each being the same.
With this latest A swing, i see a lot of what Tiger was doing with Foley.
While we are on Foley, i hear he is changing his method of teaching.

I got the book, always like reading up on different thoughts. Bought the online version so not too much to pay. The ideas are not that far fetched. He talks a lot about a good pivot and it's a pretty standard one, almost a little "zipper away" at the transition and keeping upper body a little closed.

he also talks about matching body turn and arm swing and staying synchronized, he really says synchronization is the key. Wants arms to stop when pivot stops.
Club is standing up in the shorter backswing, as you shift into left side, it really has no where to go but shallower. The release is interesting as some have said, but he does back it up with real world examples and looking at some pro swings there is not as much rapid rolling over of the wrists.

The two biggest things I took away were the grip and the backswing, those two things are different than "normal" instruction, But keeping the clubhead outside the hands going back is not a bad thing at all.

He wants you to get to a point where the club shallows on its own as you transition and you don't have to think about doing it, Most high handicappers tip the shaft forward at the transition and get steep, he is teaching that the shaft will want to fall to shallow if the grip, the backswing and the pivot are correct.

Not a bad read, and it reads pretty quickly. It has what he calls a 7minute practice plan with drills you can do in the house focusing on setup, piviot, backswing, transition and a few other things.

Has a small fitness section with some basic but good exercises and stretches

Has a section on hitting the driver, and hitting pitches from say 30 to 100yds with the same motion.

I just read it last night so it is all fresh in my mind so I thought I would share!

thanks
Joe

Jim Hardy teaches that take-away in his one-plane lessons. The clubface is perpendicular to the arc going back until around waist high. The difference is that Hardy teaches that the right forearm bends backwards at waist high which makes the clubface 90% open to the arc so you can complete a full backswing. On the downswing the arm twists back to the position where is was at waist high which squares the clubface to the arc.

plane_talk_matt_kuchar_1.jpg

[quote name='scratch72 ' timestamp='1431798144' post='11569540']
Another repackaged SnT method. That's not a bad thing but it's not new. Hands in, club head out, don't lift the arms, shoulders tilt up and down, centered swing. I'm sure the details in the book will have more SnT elements. I guess it's all fair even SnT was repackaged Morad.
[/quote]

100% wrong.

[quote name='capt.murphy' timestamp='1431873577' post='11573402']
I hope ledbetter gives credit to plummer and bennet for copying a lot of their SnT concepts.
[/quote]

Just like the post above, 100% wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have attended a one day clinic in person with Mike and Andy. I was also fortunate enough to be selected via drawing to a one-hour private lesson with David in March. Both were fantastic experiences. But they were as different as night and day.

What was the same? Their interest in me as an individual golfer. Their dedication to seeing me improve. Their professionalism, dedication, sense of humor, and love of the game.

I cannot say enough nice things about Leadbetter after spending an hour with him one-on-one. Same for Mike and Andy.

I did find when I tried to mess around with some swings hitting a ball, that when you are coming from a more standard swing where the hands got near right shoulder, I found it difficult to make the club vertical with zero rotation as he says. I felt like the club had to move across planes a lot to shallow and I couldn't sync it up unless I made what I perceived to be a very short swing, JMHO

[quote name='podunker' timestamp='1431919219' post='11576818']
Ok I was able to go to the course today. Initially it was awful as expected. I was having big trouble with hooks, hooks, hooks. I finally got the grip weak enough and started to hit some nice draws. I was just in the practice area hitting shots. Once I got a little comfortable with it I played nine holes. I really had to focus on the grip and when I did I hit it very well. Probably a little longer than my normal swing. I was also making great contact. Having the grip in my fingers was the key. I felt like I could really relax my arms and wrist just let the swing happen. I felt like it created more lag. I shot a 37. Needless to say, I will stay with it and see how things progress.

Don’t get me wrong. I have no illusions that I am doing the swing exactly like the book says. I am sure I am not as upright on the backswing and am still probably not finishing like they suggest. I do love the feeling of having the grip more in my fingers and not in my palms. Love the contact I was making. Still getting used to the weak right hand also. When I revert back to my more strong grip, hook, hook, hook!

As far as differences form SnT. You actually have a stronger grip in SnT, with handle towards left pocket. Weak grip with this with handle in middle. Weight stays on left side, not with this. Hip slides more toward target with SnT. More turn with this swing. Feel like I get more whip and easy power with this swing. Just a few I can think of right now.
[/quote]

Bought the book last week. Read it this weekend and messed with the 7 minute drill.

Went to the course today, hit a small bucket, the grip does take some getting use to. I'm used to a standard neutral grip that I've been using since 1995.

It's also hard to take the club back without rolling the hands over, that's a work in progress.

When I did take the club back, starting with my core, and keeping the face looking at the ball, then starting the downswing w/ the lower body (hips) the ball would come off the face very straight and very HIGH, sometimes it would produce a slight draw which was very cool to see. My brain just knew looking up the ball was going to be fading or slicing off but it wasn't, that was neat to see.

The one thing I really like is the simple cues to work on with this swing. I like the idea of having a repeatable simple swing. I am the exact person he talks about in the book, that with a normal standard/traditional swing will have a really good day on the golf course, everything feels great and I'll be hitting the ball well, then all of a sudden it will go away and my swing will fill funky and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong or how to get it back.

With this swing and the simple cues to focus on it's nice to be able to hit nice shots. Towards the end of the round I was getting tired today, it was 93 degrees with 71% humidity, I was walking and sweating my brains out. Towards the end I just focused on the takeaway (starting from the core) and starting the downswing w/ the hips, producing more of whipping feeling. It was nice to hit the ball darn near on the screws, I felt like I had a good ball striking day.

For my first time out with this new swing I was happy.

Shot an 83, with 50% FIR, 33% GIR, 25% scrambling, and 35 putts.
[url="https://www.gamegolf.com/player/gigemaggs99/round/340900"]https://www.gamegolf.com/player/gigemaggs99/round/340900[/url]

I'm sure there are people that will doubt this swing, that's fine with me, I watch the pros on T.V. and they don't all have carbon copy swings. They also have A LOT more time to groove their swings than I do. I like that this one seems more user friendly for the non-pro, non-everyday golfer. When I was in high-school and worked at a golf course I was able to hit balls every day after work and really groove a nice traditional swing, now that time just doesn't exist.

I'm sure this swing isn't for everyone, I'm happy I gave it a shot and will continue to use it.

As for all those doubting all the strange stuff, cupped grips, cross the line swing, inside take-away, etc... the book explains his thought process on these, it shows a golfer wearing a black shirt doing the traditional swings and explains the pros and cons, then it shows The A Swing guy in a red shirt and explains how it's different. It doesn't say it's better or worse it just explains how it's different and why he suggests this way.

In the end I'd say give this a shot if you want a simple repetitive swing.

What's In The Bag 

Driver:  Cobra LTDx 9*  ||  FWs:  Cleveland 3 Hy-wood 18*

Hybrid:  Titleist TS2 23*  ||  Irons:  Srixon Z565 6-PW

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

I just watched the before and after video on the front page about the A swing, which is also the only video I have seen about this so-called new swing.

I am not an expert or student of the swing by any stretch of the imagination but the "after" swing looked to be a good solid swing. But I also didn't hear the guy saying anything I hadn't heard or read before.

So will someone explain what I am missing? Exactly what is so earth-shattering about this swing?

"So will someone explain what I am missing? Exactly what is so earth-shattering about this swing?"

Earth shattering... probably nothing , but....

I bought the book (for a whole $15 ) and have tried to adopt what he is teaching. I am what i consider a "bad" 8 handicap.Have been down to 5 in the past. I can shoot 5 or 6 over once in a while which keeps my handicap down. The rest of the time i am struggling to find "the" swing or strike the ball consistently. I start messing around with everything and have never really known what i am trying to accomplish. I know that when i get into correct position in backswing the game is easy but i dont know how to get there consistently.Take lessons once in a while but blah blah blah... dont really know what i am trying to accomplish. Change one thing to compensate for whatever mistake i am bringing to the lesson on that day.

I have made the following changes. Gripping more in the fingers which gives me what i consider a very strong grip relative to what i am used to. Way less arm motion than i am used to. Taking the club back with clubhead outside hands is also new to me. As long as i keep right biceps attached to chest and dont let it fly off (which would be my natural tendency) i am just turning back with a vertical c0ck of the wrists , a bit of a loop at the top which occurs naturally , and then turning through ball . If my right elbow fly's ,I duck hook. Otherwise dead solid contact like i have never made before.The quality of the contact is different. I have gained what i think is 1 1/2 clubs ( still trying to gauge as i am long on everything even after clubbing down a club). Effortless power.
I am 1 week into this. Been to the range a few times and played a few 9 hole rounds. I am excited like i have not been for a long time. I feel like i have found the elusive "consistency" that i have always been looking for. I am going to check my clubhead speed in a simulator when i get a chance. I was previously around 97-98 mph with my driver. 8 iron used to be 155 yds . Last night 170 yds consistently.
I am sure it is not for everyone. Seems to be working for me.

[quote name='barryw710' timestamp='1432219833' post='11600794']
"So will someone explain what I am missing? Exactly what is so earth-shattering about this swing?"

I bought the book (for a whole $15 ) and have tried to adopt what he is teaching. I am what i consider a "bad" 8 handicap.Have been down to 5 in the past. I can shoot 5 or 6 over once in a while which keeps my handicap down. The rest of the time i am struggling to find "the" swing or strike the ball consistently. I start messing around with everything and have never really known what i am trying to accomplish. I know that when i get into correct position in backswing the game is easy but i dont know how to get there consistently.Take lessons once in a while but blah blah blah... dont really know what i am trying to accomplish. Change one thing to compensate for whatever mistake i am bringing to the lesson on that day.

I have made the following changes. Gripping more in the fingers which gives me what i consider a very strong grip relative to what i am used to. Way less arm motion than i am used to. Taking the club back with clubhead outside hands is also new to me. As long as i keep right biceps attached to chest and dont let it fly off (which would be my natural tendency) i am just turning back with a vertical c0ck of the wrists , a bit of a loop at the top which occurs naturally , and then turning through ball . If my right elbow fly's ,I duck hook. Otherwise dead solid contact like i have never made before.The quality of the contact is different. I have gained what i think is 1 1/2 clubs ( still trying to gauge as i am long on everything even after clubbing down a club). Effortless power.
I am 1 week into this. Been to the range a few times and played a few 9 hole rounds. I am excited like i have not been for a long time. I feel like i have found the elusive "consistency" that i have always been looking for. I am going to check my clubhead speed in a simulator when i get a chance. I was previously around 97-98 mph with my driver. 8 iron used to be 155 yds . Last night 170 yds consistently.
[/quote]

I agree with the yard gain too. I'm very new to this swing change myself (see above post) but I was previously hitting my PW around 110. My 9 120 ish, I had about a 10 yard gap from club to club with a full smooth swing. 5'8" clubhead speed 94-97 mph. I use regular flex shafts.

Yesterday I was with this new swing, I was hitting my PW 125 and I wasn't swing hard, or fast, it was just a nice smooth swing. On the range prior to playing I was hitting smooth 6-irons, the flag on the range said 165 on the board, I was flying the 165 with ease.

The added yardage is nice, but what I'm most impressed with is the repeatable swing. I agree with Barry, I was forever tinkering and trying new things, all the while kinda lost as to what would work and when, it was on/off success. This A Swing has very few moving parts so it's easy to keep it all in check.

Keep in mind all of this is still 1 week in, but I'm loving it so far. Now I just need the rain to hold off so I can get out and try it some more. We do need the rain, so golf will come.

I wouldn't say "Earth Shattering" I would say for someone like me, looking for a repetitive swing that I can take to the course and enjoy hitting nice HIGH golf shots, sometimes with a slight draw, Earth Shattering, probably, RELIEF and relaxing, most definitely.

What's In The Bag 

Driver:  Cobra LTDx 9*  ||  FWs:  Cleveland 3 Hy-wood 18*

Hybrid:  Titleist TS2 23*  ||  Irons:  Srixon Z565 6-PW

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

[quote name='gigemaggs99' timestamp='1432235733' post='11602986']

[/quote]

I agree with the yard gain too. I'm very new to this swing change myself (see above post) but I was previously hitting my PW around 110. My 9 120 ish, I had about a 10 yard gap from club to club with a full smooth swing. 5'8" clubhead speed 94-97 mph. I use regular flex shafts.

Yesterday I was with this new swing, I was hitting my PW 125 and I wasn't swing hard, or fast, it was just a nice smooth swing. On the range prior to playing I was hitting smooth 6-irons, the flag on the range said 165 on the board, I was flying the 165 with ease.

The added yardage is nice, but what I'm most impressed with is the repeatable swing. I agree with Barry, I was forever tinkering and trying new things, all the while kinda lost as to what would work and when, it was on/off success. This A Swing has very few moving parts so it's easy to keep it all in check.

Keep in mind all of this is still 1 week in, but I'm loving it so far. Now I just need the rain to hold off so I can get out and try it some more. We do need the rain, so golf will come.

I wouldn't say "Earth Shattering" I would say for someone like me, looking for a repetitive swing that I can take to the course and enjoy hitting nice HIGH golf shots, sometimes with a slight draw, Earth Shattering, probably, RELIEF and relaxing, most definitely.
[/quote]

You didn't feel like the backswing plane shift to to downswing plane shift was really extreme, and in the book they really want the shaft matching the spine so it's a big plane shift.

I think the few times I tried it, I may have rushed the transition as I was hitting it way way worse. I did start to hit it pretty good at the end of the bucket when I consciously thought about shorter arm swing as the book says, it was just a really radical plane shift feeling for me , the looping it back under, let gravity bring it back under etc...

[quote name='joeunc' timestamp='1432236271' post='11603046']
[quote name='gigemaggs99' timestamp='1432235733' post='11602986']

[/quote]

[/quote]

You didn't feel like the backswing plane shift to to downswing plane shift was really extreme, and in the book they really want the shaft matching the spine so it's a big plane shift.

I think the few times I tried it, I may have rushed the transition as I was hitting it way way worse. I did start to hit it pretty good at the end of the bucket when I consciously thought about shorter arm swing as the book says, it was just a really radical plane shift feeling for me , the looping it back under, let gravity bring it back under etc...
[/quote]
I am not an expert on the subject so i can only tell you what is working for me. I am trying to not do too much at once. I am trying to keep clubhead in front of hands and then work it straight up (rather than keep it angled forward as he suggests) while hands moving in towards right leg. I get into trouble when right upper arm moves away from body. Means my swing is getting too long and then end up in wrong position at the top.

Glad to see that some have an open mind and given the A Swing a try.

I have been vacationing here in Orlando the last few days, and played a few holes here and there using the technique.

It is the real thing and incredibly easy and repeatable.

Looks like Leadbetter has a winner here.

To all you whiners and naysayers, the postive reports once again show that you are but mere noise. Thank you for being so predictable. Funny thing is some of you who think you have something worthwhile to say have not even seen the book.

Best of luck to all who give this a try. Not much more to say about it, but will enjoy reading future testimonials postive and negative.