2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Guest -vs- Member at Golfwrx. Did you know...

easyyy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

You should join i love this place! Great People and great Discussions, also the best contests!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

I'm new to the club, but I'm wondering-what did I pay $35 for?

I won't make this sound like an commercial for the GolfWRX Charter membership, but here's what I got out of the Charter membership so far:

1. I won a TP Mills putter in a competetion for Charter Members - a great putter, but I liked my Bettinarid Tour and Circa '62 a bit more, so I just sold it to another Charter Member for $325 (deduct the shipping, which I paid for myself from Europe to the US)

2. I get great discounts on golf gear from all the sponsors in here - and they will give the discount much faster and easier, when they see you're a Charter member

3. Almost all sponsors will ship items to you for free beacuse you're charter member

4. You have a better feeling when taking part in the discussions in here, when you're a Charter Member. Of course you can take part in the debate without being a member, but it gives you that little extra bit of confidence and acceptance from the other Charter members, when they see you're a Charter Member - just my personal observasion.

Conclusion - the small advantages of being a Charter Member have already paid for my next 10 years of Charter Membership in here and these discounts will only get better and better the more they get to know you in here :D

Thanks Claus,

Joining the Charter Member ClubWRX program is optional and is a support mechanism for the site:

The board is only as good as the quality of the community. We will continue to develop ways to bring in more golfers, quality content, as well as document and gauge feedback on the latest industry trends. The biggest challenge for all of us is to keep the environment friendly and open to all. We may break some eggs along the way but, if we can keep the place in order, then the cake will turn out fine. To that end, GolfWRX is now introducing:

ClubWRX

clubwrxcharter.gif

Golfwrx is launching an exciting new membership program called ClubWRX.

The Owners (Richard "easyyy" and Ryan "Gxgolfer") have self-funded this site since its inception. We aren't like other sites that sell products for profit. As operational costs increased, we sought the financial support of various Sponsors. This site costs a lot of money to operate. GolfWRX has invested thousands in startup and operational cost to keep up with the pace of growth, security, and features to help foster a great community. This site is not fully funded by Sponsors, and we are seeking membership support to make up the difference.

Funding from ClubWRX will help cover operating costs. It will enable us to pursue new initiatives and technical upgrades that will help broaden the GolfWRX base of support. It will also ensure that we continue to provide the highest quality news, information, pictures, and technical support to our membership. Joining ClubWRX will help us in continuing to provide a quality platform and website for us to enjoy worldwide.

An annual subscription of $35.00 automatically enrolls you into the ClubWRX program. As a ClubWRX member, you will receive these incredible benefits:

- 5% discount on MortonGolfSales.com Everything in our store with the exception of Ping, Mizuno, Titleist & TaylorMade

- 12% off WRX branded merchandise. (some exceptions apply)

- 10% (labor or equipment) off Joe Kwok Golf Shop (Fujikura, Diamana, Accra, UST, etc...)

- Entry into the ClubWRX raffle*

- Entry into ongoing drawings and raffles for golf equipment and golf accesories

- Increased upload space to 100MB, enabling you to store up to 300 messages in your mailbox

- Receipt of a ClubWRX tag/badge on your profile (placed under your avatar) here on the site

Our community is the foundation of the site. WE are what make the qualities we have learned to love here. GolfWRX is run by golfers for the benefit of golfers. We want nothing more for this place to continue the momentum we have seen in 2 year's time. You are going to spend $ on golf-related products and services anyway. Why not take advantage of our retailers discounts and recoup the $35.00 and more. Please help GolfWRX.com stay healthy and support the site.

To become a ClubWRX member, please click here>>>>>>>>GolfWRX subscription

An admin will be approving all submissions so please be patient if your approval does not come instanteously.

You can use your Paypal account, a credit card through Paypal, or you can PM "easyyy" or "Gxgolfer" to send in a check or money order.

Please PM me if you are not getting the Approval messages or are having problems. I will add you in manually!

*If you are lucky enough to win, it eliminates your eligibility for the next 3 drawings. Conditions to initiate the raffle can may change in the future.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 3 months later...

The only downside to this site is that I have become a CLUBHO ever since I joined. Or maybe I was already a CLUBHO and I just did not know it before joining. I guess you can say I came out of the cart barn and found my true calling. THANKS GOLFWRX !!!!!!!!!! ;)

Titleist TR3 9* Driver w/ Tour AD DI 6
Titleist TR2 15* Fairway w/ Tour AD DI 7 
Titleist TR3 19* Hybrid w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Titleist T200 4 Utility w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Tileist T200 Irons (5-PW) w/ SteelFiber i110CW

Vokey SM10 Nickel finish (48.10F, 54.12D, 58.12D) w/ DG S200
Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5

• 3 months later...

Really the only reason I joined was because I couldn't see pictures. Man, that was SOOO annoying!

Honestly, I almost just said "screw this site" and never came back because that was so bad. Seemed like I had problems clicking on the picture links too IIRC. However, there was some picture I really wanted to see (can't remember what it was) so I joined.

I'm certainly happy I did!

Now I'm waiting for Gxgolfer to get my GolfWRX putter cover in! :tongue:

Richard and Ryan have set up a great, non-judgemental site for golf. They put a lot of work into it and it shows.

The site is only as good as its members and there's a great group here. Golfwrx has marshals but usually its the members who keep each other in line.

And I know the more knowledgeable members get tired of the same questions (whats a good GI club?) but they don't jump you sh*t for the question. They're patient and provide great info.

But, be prepared cuz you're gonna want to buy clubs! We're all ho's now!

Seriously though, don't be afraid to join. Just drink the kool-aid by the door.......

Seriously though, don't be afraid to join. Just drink the kool-aid by the door.......

Want to buy clubs? Really?

:tongue:

I might try to go this season with a set bag. Switch the putter and driver around if need be. What do ya think?

Want to buy clubs? Really?

:ok:

I might try to go this season with a set bag. Switch the putter and driver around if need be. What do ya think?

I think you've got a good shot at maintaining the perception to bag loyalty, only because you don't update your WITB thread and don't have your clubs listed in your signature. :friends:

But if any clubs have staying power, it's those Don White MacGregor MT-Pros you have coming. :tongue:

:hi:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I dont even remember how I found this place. I'm here every day it seems. Very informative site.

I'm in ClubWRX, and I've won a Cleveland GolfWRX CG12 Wedge...so my membership has already paid for itself. Now I need to win a set of irons, or a driver, or a shaft or putter....

Cmon you guests, sign up.

• 10 months later...

I <3 golfwrx.com at least 632x as much as any other golf website

For said reasons:

1. 99.999987301 percent good people

2. Cool contests and giveaways

3. Lots of juniors, (I am)

4. Good staff

5. Not as much flaming

6. All the tight prototypes you guys get and show,(i15, g15, things like that)

7. Last and pretty much the best the huge base of knowledge.

SO guests that are thinking about joining just do it, it's free, doesn't hurt, and it can only help your golf game.

8. Members no longer have to tuck in their shirts when viewing or posting.

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

I joined just for the pictures after reading up on refinishing wedges for a while, now I am on this site a ton but still keep the posting to a minimum unless I feel that I really have something to add to the discussion I would prefer to just observe some good discussions, don't feel the need to just see myself type. That being said great site and if I continue to spend as much time on here as I have been I will be getting a membership out of pure guilt. The whole discount incentive is great but being a canuck I find that it's just easier to go to the local golf shop than deal with shipping delays and customs. Great site and if anyone one else is just stalking around I would encourage you to join even if its just to post a rare comment.

i can't believe i paid 8000$ dollars to be a member here...what the heck was that lab fee for???

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

i have been a member for about a year and I still have some problems time to time with seeing the pictures. What could be the problem

Are you logged in? If you are all Pics show up without clicking them. That is unless a member didnt attch a photo and he or she is sticking a link in the post. Rare.

Richard

i can't believe i paid 8000$ dollars to be a member here...what the heck was that lab fee for???

8k huh? I didnt see that come by.

R

i have been a member for about a year and I still have some problems time to time with seeing the pictures. What could be the problem

Are you logged in? If you are all Pics show up without clicking them. That is unless a member didnt attch a photo and he or she is sticking a link in the post. Rare.

Richard

R

sorry, of course that was just a joke...it's actually a quote from one "the simpsons" episodes

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

are you for real??? 8k

sigh, no not for real, was joking. didn't think that would be taken seriously

I actually love this site, despite all the ho'ing clubs it has led to

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

In the few months that I've been here, I've learned so much about the game of golf, the business of golf, so many other things golf related. I really look at it as my golf experience before discovering WRX and after. Pretty much a night and day experience.

And there are a lot of good reasons for becoming Charter. I won't advertise, but membership sure does have it's benefits.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

Richard

R

sorry, of course that was just a joke...it's actually a quote from one "the simpsons" episodes

Is that where you got that? LOL.

I joined close to three years ago now, and became a Charter Member probably a year and a half ago.

This site really is amazing. The owners, IMO, have established a tone that is quite unusual. This is a site for people that are genuinely golf fanatics - and it is kept wonderfully clean. There's virtually no trolls, no spammers, virtually none of the downsides so common on most of the rest of the internet. And yet, to achieve that, there's almost no sense of heavyhandedness on the part of the owners or mods. The discussions are free flowing, and often passionate.

And the quality of some of the frequent posters here is really quite remarkable. I've been playing golf for over four decades, but on this board I still learn ... subtleties of rules, nuances of equipment, gossip from the industry ... and get the golf junkie in me sated by the amazing relationships the owners have built - we get sneak previews of new clubs, and some of the member's pics from tournaments are really amazing.

Well, I shouldn't go on and on ... I'll just say to Guests - become a member. You'll never get spammed, never feel any pressure to do anything.

To those members consider becoming a Charter Member? Well ... there are a lot of benefits. Truth is, however, I've never entered any contest, or claimed any of the benefits (well, I think Carl gave me a better price on my Chikara wedges because I was a member, but not because I asked).

Truth is, there's a large number of products and services I pay for in life that don't give me the value I paid for ... and after having been a member here for a year, I realized I was getting an enormous amount out of this thing I wasn't paying a dime for. I didn't pay to become a Charter member to get anything extra, I joined because I had already been getting something wonderful, and wanted to support it.

PS. To Richard - I believe one of the reasons you'll so often see large numbers of "guests" here is because of Google ... it is amazing how often I Google something about golf - be it clubs and equipment, or rules, or details about tours, etc., etc. ... and at least a few links on the first page go to GRX threads.

Many thanks for those kind words. The Charter Membership is just a extra bump for us to do special things for membership. I hope people dont think we push it or by having it creates a tier effect. We are allowed to take the $ and add contest for Bag Pics and also build the next GolfWRX so we have continuous improvement here.

Thanks for the comment about the culture here also. That is what we are all about. It give me goose bumps to here someone like yourself say we did it.

Our membership is the foundation of the site. We are here to serve them.

Richard