PXG Golf Ball?

TheChad003

I think part of the problem is that these threads get side tracked far too easily. It is supposed to be about the ball that no one here has seen first hand or better still played as far as I recall but now has morphed into the ball AND clubs. The negative reaction from some and I too am guilty of this from time to time, is an opposite reaction to those gushing praise on a product that they have neither seen or played. To be sure some have and they have every right to effuse praise as they see it. Equally so, those who have not seen or hit it can be sceptical but should not be damning in their opinions.

If the shell of the iron is forged as claimed above, that in a very large way will contribute to the high price asked.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

[quote name='canonlbp430' timestamp='1450728577' post='12748222']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1450639267' post='12743998']
The troll posts are hilarious in this thread... You would have thought it was a TM thread.
[/quote]

The PGX hate may give TM hate a run for its money in 2016. Pretty amazing especially when you realize that 95% of people spewing the hate have never hit the clubs before.
[/quote]

And more than that percentage are making claims without even hitting them. Hype at its finest added to the far to common golfer detachment with reality.

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1450825074' post='12753288']
The troll posts are hilarious in this thread... You would have thought it was a TM thread.
[/quote]

The PGX hate may give TM hate a run for its money in 2016. Pretty amazing especially when you realize that 95% of people spewing the hate have never hit the clubs before.
[/quote]

And more than that percentage are making claims without even hitting them. Hype at its finest added to the far to common golfer detachment with reality.
[/quote]

How do you know the percentages that are supposedly making these claims without hitting them? Or is this another clever troll post of yours?��

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1450827483' post='12753446']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How do you know the percentages that are supposedly making these claims without hitting them? Or is this another clever troll post of yours?��
[/quote]

How did the person I responded to know the percentages? You could simply look through all of the oats and compare the numbers where you would find the overwhelmingly majority are "excited" and love them but admit they haven't tried them and are anxious to check them out.

It's OK to be a fan but you also have to recognize you go into reviewing or trying somethings with a preconceived opinion. As I said before , play what you like but don't spread the BS the permeates the equipment industry.

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1450831353' post='12753720']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1450827483' post='12753446']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How did the person I responded to know the percentages? You could simply look through all of the oats and compare the numbers where you would find the overwhelmingly majority are "excited" and love them but admit they haven't tried them and are anxious to check them out.

It's OK to be a fan but you also have to recognize you go into reviewing or trying somethings with a preconceived opinion. As I said before , play what you like but don't spread the BS the permeates the equipment industry.
[/quote]

That is what this site is all about, getting excited and hyped about new equipment. If you don't like it then you are in the wrong place. Read any thread where new equipment is mentioned and you will find the same thing happening, regardless of the brand. If you don't like reading about people who are interested/excited about PXG equipment than why don't you move on to another thread?

Back to topic: There looks to be two different balls that will be released, no drop date as of yet though. I'd guess Spring since PXG will be pushing hard in 16.

So this sight is about lies and half truths and you think that's a good thing? People like you jumped on the PXG bandwagon with zero knowledge except they were expensive a day looked different. Now shouldn't this site be about facts and opinions? We have zero head to head tests, zero numbers except the inflated price and yet you get butt hurt when someone calls out someone for making ridiculous claims? This is what is wrong with golfers when it comes to equipment.

You mysteriously ignored the last post where I pointed out exactly where percentages could be found. Hell a few posts before that we have someone claiming to have an open mind right after making unverifiable and inaccurate comments about these clubs and if someone calls them out they are a troll or worse? Maybe this forum needs a change if you think that is healthy or remotely benefitial to fellow golfers and sure as hell isnt open minded. Also once again in no way is this unique to this particular brand it's just that the it's really sad to see so many golfers dazzled by inflated prices and "new" tech that isn't going to make a lock of difference to their game.

Once again for the thousandth time, play what you like but don't spread bs.

Out of curiosity have you even hit the clubs yet and if you did would you care to make a number bets comparison to your current clubs? Also if they are so outstanding why hasn't Parsons used his billion to do a head to head test to show all of the crazy claims we read here to be true.

Back on topic, enjoy your new ball. I am sure it's revolutionary.

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1450832549' post='12753800']
So this sight is about lies and half truths and you think that's a good thing? People like you jumped on the PXG bandwagon with zero knowledge except they were expensive a day looked different. Now shouldn't this site be about facts and opinions? We have zero head to head tests, zero numbers except the inflated price and yet you get butt hurt when someone calls out someone for making ridiculous claims? This is what is wrong with golfers when it comes to equipment.

You mysteriously ignored the last post where I pointed out exactly where percentages could be found. Hell a few posts before that we have someone claiming to have an open mind right after making unverifiable and inaccurate comments about these clubs and if someone calls them out they are a troll or worse? Maybe this forum needs a change if you think that is healthy or remotely benefitial to fellow golfers and sure as hell isnt open minded. Also once again in no way is this unique to this particular brand it's just that the it's really sad to see so many golfers dazzled by inflated prices and "new" tech that isn't going to make a lock of difference to their game.

Out of curiosity have you even hit the clubs yet and if you did would you care to make a number bets comparison to your current clubs? Also if they are so outstanding why hasn't Parsons used his billion to do a head to head test to show all of the crazy claims we read here to be true.

[/quote]

Curious as to how your test with the PXG equipment went....surely you have hit the equipment based on your "knowledge" of how its nothing revolutionary.

Ping G430 MAX 10K 2024 Ventus Blue
Callaway Ai Smoke Max 2024 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 19deg hyb Blue Ventus HB

Ping G430 22 deg hyl Blue Ventus HB
Mizuno Pro 245 5-pw Axiom 105s
Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

[/quote]

Butt hurt are we?!? Your posts prove that you are nothing but a troll here, absolutely no value add at all. And don't worry, I will enjoy all of my PXG gear:)

[quote name='joneser' timestamp='1450834088' post='12753888']

[/quote]

Curious as to how your test with the PXG equipment went....surely you have hit the equipment based on your "knowledge" of how its nothing revolutionary.
[/quote]

Physics and understanding how golf clubs works and the limitations are all that required to debunk some of the craziness being spread.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1450834456' post='12753916']

Out of curiosity have you even hit the clubs yet and if you did would you care to make a number bets comparison to your current clubs? Also if they are so outstanding why hasn't Parsons used his billion to do a head to head test to show all of the crazy claims we read here to be true?

[/quote]

Butt hurt are we?!? Your posts prove that you are nothing but a troll here, absolutely no value add at all. And don't worry, I will enjoy all of my PXG gear:)
[/quote]

You have an odd definition of troll but drive on. BTW you didn't answer a single question.

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1450835082' post='12753964']

Out of curiosity have you even hit the clubs yet and if you did would you care to make a number bets comparison to your current clubs? Also if they are so outstanding why hasn't Parsons used his billion to do a head to head test to show all of the crazy claims we read here to be true?

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have an odd definition of troll but drive on. BTW you didn't answer a single question.
[/quote]

Drive on, Lol... You do realize that nobody is taking you serious on here right??? That's probably why myself or anyone else is not answering your "questions"... Move along...

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1450834957' post='12753952']
[quote name='joneser' timestamp='1450834088' post='12753888']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Physics and understanding how golf clubs works and the limitations are all that required to debunk some of the craziness being spread.
[/quote]

So you have not hit any of the clubs but are the voice of reason when it comes to how good they actually are. Like I asked you in the other thread that you derailed with your "knowledge". Please share whats in your bag....it clearly has to be a 10-12 year old driver, and probably 15-20 year old irons because like you said, technology hasn't changed for some time now. We have been at the core limit for some time so any of the new driver technology is by your standards complete BS. I would also assume that means that your irons should be Titleist DCI or something older like the Ping eye2 or maybe Ping ISI. After all, nothing more can be done to get you more performance than that.

Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

You high opinion of them even though you haven't hit them has been noted. Here's what will really blow your mind, I hope they are better than what you are playing and you have the numbers to show it and they make you happy. I like people to actually get better and jot blow their money on pipe dreams so I would be overjoyed to see you with good numbers as long as you don't come back claiming they cut 3-4 strokes off of your scores and it's not due to a previous prior bad fitting set of clubs or an improvement in your game.

[quote name='AzSuperHack76' timestamp='1450835163' post='12753980']
So there hasn't been head to head tests yet with definitive results/numbers? Just curious, it's a valid question.
[/quote]

There are a number of fitters that sell all the companies equipment that have had favorable results with the PXG equipment. I have had conversations with one where there were no claims of huge gains in yardage or anything else that could be construed as BS. All that was said was that he has been able to get some additional ball speed and better launch conditions which resulted in performance that was significant enough to make PXG an option. Price does factor into the equation when someone has to make the decision. The two people that I have talked to that do club fitting did not make any stupid claims. I am sure our former "PGA instructor and club fitter" who I am embarrassed to say is a fellow Buckeye will surely have some theory as to why these two don't know what they are talking about.

Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1450835316' post='12753992']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Drive on, Lol... You do realize that nobody is taking you serious on here right??? That's probably why myself or anyone else is not answering your "questions"... Move along...
[/quote]

No you aren't answering because you don't have an answer. Are you still mad because I confused you with the crazy man making crazy performance claims? I did apologize in case you forgot and also banned myself for a couple of weeks for making that mistake. I also don't have a problem with anyone wanting to play what they like to play. All of that being said where are your numbers showing they are better if you are actually making that claim? The questions I asked seems simple enough to answer honestly.

[quote name='joneser' timestamp='1450835887' post='12754038']
So there hasn't been head to head tests yet with definitive results/numbers? Just curious, it's a valid question.
[/quote]

There are a number of fitters that sell all the companies equipment that have had favorable results with the PXG equipment. I have had conversations with one where there were no claims of huge gains in yardage or anything else that could be construed as BS. All that was said was that he has been able to get some additional ball speed and better launch conditions which resulted in performance that was significant enough to make PXG an option. Price does factor into the equation when someone has to make the decision. The two people that I have talked to that do club fitting did not make any stupid claims. I am sure our former "PGA instructor and club fitter" who I am embarrassed to say is a fellow Buckeye will surely have some theory as to why these two don't know what they are talking about.
[/quote]

Then it should be simple enough to post the numbers. You could then do it across tne board with all OEMs and find a similar variance depending on the player and their wwing. A great many factors can come into improvement in the categories you mentioned but then again you know that don't you.

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1450835987' post='12754052']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1450835316' post='12753992']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No you aren't answering because you don't have an answer. Are you still mad because I confused you with the crazy man making crazy performance claims? I did apologize in case you forgot and also banned myself for a couple of weeks for making that mistake. I also don't have a problem with anyone wanting to play what they like to play. All of that being said where are your numbers showing they are better if you are actually making that claim? The questions I asked seems simple enough to answer honestly.
[/quote]

Mad? I don't get mad about anything on this site, this is fun to me. Also, I'm not loyal to PXG or any other brand. I ho them all..

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1450835630' post='12754010']
You high opinion of them even though you haven't hit them has been noted. Here's what will really blow your mind, I hope they are better than what you are playing and you have the numbers to show it and they make you happy. I like people to actually get better and jot blow their money on pipe dreams so I would be overjoyed to see you with good numbers as long as you don't come back claiming they cut 3-4 strokes off of your scores and it's not due to a previous prior bad fitting set of clubs or an improvement in your game.
[/quote]

Edited.....why bother.

Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1450836187' post='12754066']
[quote name='joneser' timestamp='1450835887' post='12754038']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Then it should be simple enough to post the numbers. You could then do it across tne board with all OEMs and find a similar variance depending on the player and their wwing. A great many factors can come into improvement in the categories you mentioned but then again you know that don't you.
[/quote]

Someone on this site posted some of the results and you completely called BS to 3-4 mph gain in ball speed. I am hoping to have a 6 iron and a couple of shafts in my hands tomorrow. I am going to go out on the course on Thursday and hit 30-40 balls with both my club and the PXG. I will be able to say that x is 3-4 yds longer or shorter than y or there is no difference. If I find that the PXG with the same loft and the same shaft is 5 yds longer or shorter over a 30 or 40 ball test from different spots all over the course are you going to call me out for spreading BS? It clearly looks like you will argue anybody that has had positive results

Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

Not going to accomplish anything Buckeye, TMS won't answer because he hasn't hit them. Hasn't stopped his "those will look great in my all pxg bag" posts but if your going to be an OEM nut might as well pick the most expensive in case some gear gets thrown your way.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1450880104' post='12755350']
Not going to accomplish anything Buckeye, TMS won't answer because he hasn't hit them. Hasn't stopped his "those will look great in my all pxg bag" posts but if your going to be an OEM nut might as well pick the most expensive in case some gear gets thrown your way.
[/quote]

Lol, your post is not entirely accurate and I will leave it at that... Thanks for stopping by though!

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1450881919' post='12755434']
[/quote]

Lol, your post is not entirely accurate and I will leave it at that... Thanks for stopping by though!
[/quote]
I'll say this: In my decade on this site, there are a lot of well placed people who see, hear and get things that most posters wouldn't get the chance to. Some are in the right place at the right time, some are in the industry and you'd never know it. Most don't say a word because they'd be betraying the trust of a confidant. Never assume someone hasn't done something because you can't see past your own experiences and opinions.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1450883266' post='12755530']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1450881919' post='12755434']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'll say this: In my decade on this site, there are a lot of well placed people who see, hear and get things that most posters wouldn't get the chance to. Some are in the right place at the right time, some are in the industry and you'd never know it. Most don't say a word because they'd be betraying the trust of a confidant. Never assume someone hasn't done something because you can't see past your own experiences and opinions.
[/quote]

Pm sent, I havent hit the ball so have nothing to add here.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

It's a slow news day. In a slow news week. On what has become a slow news thread. Time for a golf ball joke.

[i][b]So a guy meets his friend on the first tee for a round of golf. "I've got a new ball," the guy says to his friend. "Oh, really?" the friend says. "Yeah, it's great," the guy says. "It glows in the dark, so I can play with it no matter how light it is outside. And it floats, so I can't lose it in the water. And also, it has a beeper so I can locate it in long grass."[/b][/i]

[i][b]"That's fantastic," the friend says. "Where'd you get it?"[/b][/i]

[i][b]"I found it," the guy replied.[/b][/i]

So I've cleaned up most of the off topic stuff, I think. Post about the PXG ball if you want, don't go off topic, and don't fight with each other and call names.

Carry on.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade BRNR Mini, 11.5*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"

[quote name='SheriffBooth' timestamp='1450897754' post='12756560']
So I've cleaned up most of the off topic stuff, I think. Post about the PXG ball if you want, don't go off topic, and don't fight with each other and call names.

Carry on.
[/quote]

Your timing is impeccable. Thanks for keeping these forums on point.

Chris Herrbach

Director of Golf - American Heroes Foundation

WITB:
Driver: Ping G430 LST 
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* 
Hybrid: PING G425
Irons: PING i230 4-PW 
Wedges: GW - PING Glide 3.0 50, SW Mizuno T22 54*, LW Indi TT 60*
Putter: LAB Golf LINK with Stability Tour Black shaft.

[quote name='joneser' timestamp='1450807010' post='12752120']
This site really is becoming a negative place to be. Everyone is more than welcome to their opinion but some of the comments shared here are simply hate being spewed by close minded, uninformed people. You can hate the owner of the company for whatever it is people seem to hate him for and you certainly can decide for yourself that you don't like the looks of these clubs (I happen to think they look pretty good). Whats amazing is the number of people that are writing them off or calling them junk without ever hitting them or even seeing them in person. I have not heard or read about too many people that have hit them and not have positive things to say about them. Calling their equipment something from an infomercial is pretty short sited. If anyone thinks that you are going to hire the respected people they have hired and produce junk your simply delusional. They are already getting way too much attention on tour for them to be called garbage.

Just to reiterate, calling them ugly or not liking the owner is an opinion, not seeing them for what they really are is being close minded and uninformed. This sounds a lot like the G30 comments after news and then photos came out about the design of the G30. Flop, Garbage, Sam's club equipment, etc. All of the geniuses spewing about how they would never be caught dead with the club because of the turbulators. Funny how that went out the window when the club was great. The G30 was arguably the best driver that year. The big difference with the PXG stuff is that it may be great but it also may be out of the equation because of price. I am getting a chance to test a fitting iron on the course this weekend (hopefully) and I will wait until after I hit it to formulate an opinion. If the club isn't great for me, it wont be because the club is junk or because I am jealous of the owner, it will be because the club was not for me. I am sure I will get some angry a** feedback for this but oh well.
[/quote]
And there it is.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!