PXG Golf Ball?

TheChad003

[quote name='JMO TO' timestamp='1450657827' post='12744972']
[quote name='hef63303' timestamp='1450648467' post='12744444']
[quote name='elwhippy' timestamp='1450498755' post='12738302']
Seeing as Bridgestone is quitting the UK market with a very good line of balls and the backing of a massive parent company I am baffled as to why Parsons would risk a ball before its clubs become established. To this day I doubt either Callaway or Nike have ever broke even on balls....as for pricing there is no market above the V1, Z-star and Tour Preferred. Any attempt to sell above that would be suicidal.
[/quote]Don't tell Srixon that. They sell lots of balls in the Japanese market at prices far higher than the three balls you mention.
[/quote]Z-Star is Srixon's tour level ball.....
[/quote]In Japan, they make a XXIO ball that is 25% more expensive than Pro V1.

As other's have said, with any type of product in any market, more competition and especially a company like PNG dumping millions into R&D is a win-win for consumers whether you like their products or not. I love to see new companies with deep pockets entering the field. It will push other companies to do things they might not otherwise have been planning on doing. The negativity is funny but expected. It's the internet. LOL.

Well, it is definitely conforming!

http://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/conforming_golf_ball_results.asp

Looks like my link doesn't work. Just type in tour x6 as a marking and it will pull up for you.

Chris Herrbach

Director of Golf - American Heroes Foundation

WITB:
Driver: Ping G430 LST 
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* 
Hybrid: PING G425
Irons: PING i230 4-PW 
Wedges: GW - PING Glide 3.0 50, SW Mizuno T22 54*, LW Indi TT 60*
Putter: LAB Golf LINK with Stability Tour Black shaft.

[quote name='rymail00' timestamp='1450324494' post='12730086']
[quote name='TheChad003' timestamp='1450317390' post='12729608']
This showed up at the golf course I used to work at, anyone heard of anything?
[/quote]

Is it me or does it seem to have huge dimples? Not saying it's good or bad, just an observation.

Definitely interested to hear more about them though. Seeing how Parsons spares no expense on his clubs I wonder if the ball/s they end up producing something that can compete with Pro V1, Pro V1X or surpass them? But seeing the prices of the clubs I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they almost reach $60 a dozen. But just speculating though.
[/quote]

Titleist ProV's are $60 a dozen here in Alberta.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

As far as the original subject, I would test out those golf balls for sure, even if they were $75/doz I would buy a sleeve.
And the PXG irons? I would love to spend time on the range experimenting with a 7 iron and all those weight screws.
Who knows, I may even hit it like Tiger, Bubba, Phil, etc - you get the idea :cheesy::cheesy:

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

• 3 weeks later...

This site really is becoming a negative place to be. Everyone is more than welcome to their opinion but some of the comments shared here are simply hate being spewed by close minded, uninformed people. You can hate the owner of the company for whatever it is people seem to hate him for and you certainly can decide for yourself that you don't like the looks of these clubs (I happen to think they look pretty good). Whats amazing is the number of people that are writing them off or calling them junk without ever hitting them or even seeing them in person. I have not heard or read about too many people that have hit them and not have positive things to say about them. Calling their equipment something from an infomercial is pretty short sited. If anyone thinks that you are going to hire the respected people they have hired and produce junk your simply delusional. They are already getting way too much attention on tour for them to be called garbage.

Just to reiterate, calling them ugly or not liking the owner is an opinion, not seeing them for what they really are is being close minded and uninformed. This sounds a lot like the G30 comments after news and then photos came out about the design of the G30. Flop, Garbage, Sam's club equipment, etc. All of the geniuses spewing about how they would never be caught dead with the club because of the turbulators. Funny how that went out the window when the club was great. The G30 was arguably the best driver that year. The big difference with the PXG stuff is that it may be great but it also may be out of the equation because of price. I am getting a chance to test a fitting iron on the course this weekend (hopefully) and I will wait until after I hit it to formulate an opinion. If the club isn't great for me, it wont be because the club is junk or because I am jealous of the owner, it will be because the club was not for me. I am sure I will get some angry a** feedback for this but oh well.

I agree with this completely. PXG is a unique company targeting a specific segment of the golfing business. In doing so they are setting the prices they want to set and don't seem to be worried if the masses purchase or are interested in purchasing their product. I have not hit any of the clubs but I applaud them for doing what they believe works for them. They obviously have deep pockets and passionate ownership and the could bring some very innovate products to the market. Richard Mille brings watches to market that range in price from $50K to $400k+ and they have a specific demographic they are targeting. We shouldn't hate a company like PXG simply because we feel they are over priced or gimmicky or we don't understand the business model they are following. Sit back and watch. I like what they are doing in the industry and I hope they are wildly successful.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

Hey, there's more PXG equipment I won't be buying.

PXG can be the new Coates golf. Two companies headed by rich guys with more money than good sense.

I don't think PXG is targeting consumers like you:)

true... they are targeting the ones with more discretionary income than willpower..:)

edit--changed to the politically correct version for the sensitive ears...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Why all the disdain about PXG I dont know. I call it exciting for us gear heads. How many times over the years I have myself as well as so many others here and in the field asked for the same things that PXG is offering us.

Using the irons as the most obvious example. We asked for the performance if a cast cavity back like the Ping i25 irons but with the feel of a forging. PXG does that at a premium cost and everybody cries foul.

Why all the disdain about PXG I dont know. I call it exciting for us gear heads. How many times over the years I have myself as well as so many others here and in the field asked for the same things that PXG is offering us.

Using the irons as the most obvious example. We asked for the performance if a cast cavity back like the Ping i25 irons but with the feel of a forging. PXG does that at a premium cost and everybody cries foul.

a lot has to do with parsons himself.... then there is the ridiculous price point... next the idea that some fat cat has swooped in and bought part of the sport much like the Donald buying up famous courses....and that comes with the fear that he will make a joke of it somehow much like hes done with Danica in nascar (stock car driver in bikini on commercial during races shes driving in).....im not a regular nascar watcher at all. but im in the south so its in front of you whether you like it or not.. he just has no class, regardless of money..and in the long run cant be good for the sport,,there are numerous other reasons on parsons from his letter to his membership to his using military word association for profit,,,,im sure ill be flamed...but you asked,,so there it is....... part of me likes the irons... at around $150=175 each and with any other name I would be interested.... but not at that price and with that name association...

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Why all the disdain about PXG I dont know. I call it exciting for us gear heads. How many times over the years I have myself as well as so many others here and in the field asked for the same things that PXG is offering us. Using the irons as the most obvious example. We asked for the performance if a cast cavity back like the Ping i25 irons but with the feel of a forging. PXG does that at a premium cost and everybody cries foul.
a lot has to do with parsons himself.... then there is the ridiculous price point... next the idea that some fat cat has swooped in and bought part of the sport much like the Donald buying up famous courses....and that comes with the fear that he will make a joke of it somehow much like hes done with Danica in nascar (stock car driver in bikini on commercial during races shes driving in).....im not a regular nascar watcher at all. but im in the south so its in front of you whether you like it or not.. he just has no class, regardless of money..and in the long run cant be good for the sport,,there are numerous other reasons on parsons from his letter to his membership to his using military word association for profit,,,,im sure ill be flamed...but you asked,,so there it is....... part of me likes the irons... at around $150=175 each and with any other name I would be interested.... but not at that price and with that name association...

He's an ordained minister, so he must be legit (pun intended).

Yep, I've been interested in a forged i series iron for a while now, and now that it's here, I want it, but I want it without the screws and without paint fill. And for 300-350 an iron, I believe I should have that level of customization (minus the screw option).

PXG is controversial, and that's going to be part of the brand from here on out, so why is there an issue with either opinion's affiliation? Parsons has always thrived on this type of backlash, so why would it be any different with PXG.

I'm a critical fan actually, and want to play the gear, but I want to play it covertly!

@therealping

Why all the disdain about PXG I dont know. I call it exciting for us gear heads. How many times over the years I have myself as well as so many others here and in the field asked for the same things that PXG is offering us. Using the irons as the most obvious example. We asked for the performance if a cast cavity back like the Ping i25 irons but with the feel of a forging. PXG does that at a premium cost and everybody cries foul.

Yep, I've been interested in a forged i series iron for a while now, and now that it's here, I want it, but I want it without the screws and without paint fill. And for 300-350 an iron, I believe I should have that level of customization (minus the screw option).

PXG is controversial, and that's going to be part of the brand from here on out, so why is there an issue with either opinion's affiliation? Parsons has always thrived on this type of backlash, so why would it be any different with PXG.

I'm a critical fan actually, and want to play the gear, but I want to play it covertly!

really? a minister??? good grief...I need to just unplug from the PXG topic... or else im going to end up banned from here.... im guessing hes planning on enlarging the eye of the needle??

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

That side of the industry is totally dominated right now. It's not even worth trying.

That must be the same logic Bezos, Brin, Page and Jobs all used too.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

really? a minister??? good grief...I need to just unplug from the PXG topic... or else im going to end up banned from here.... im guessing hes planning on enlarging the eye of the needle??

I would agree that you should distance yourself form these pxg topics. I can't believe how much venom you have about him and this topic. Best to distance.

I am glad that I don't have any resentments and feel as if this addition to our field is exciting regardless of how much they cost. We need action like this rather than gimmicks and or a new badge.

Now that everyone has gotten their opinions on PXG out of the way. Can we get this thread back on topic about the possible PXG golf ball. Any new info on the ball? I'm hearing PXG will be adding some new products to the line next month. Maybe a new ball is one of them..

Ohh... is this a topic about a ball? I wouldnt have known. Back on topic..

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

I would agree that you should distance yourself form these pxg topics. I can't believe how much venom you have about him and this topic. Best to distance.

I am glad that I don't have any resentments and feel as if this addition to our field is exciting regardless of how much they cost. We need action like this rather than gimmicks and or a new badge.

Edit. Thought about this all afternoon. Decided I'm better than this. Play what you want. And I will too. ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Actions like whay exactly? Talking down to the golfing public? Creating hype over things that have been implemented before? Trying to convince people you've done something unique when in reality you are operating under the same laws of physics and rules as every other company?

Rather than gimmicks? Rather? This whole thing is a giant gimmick and all one has to do is look at how he operated some of his other companies to see through the charade. Maybe he can do a commercial where congress is investigating his clubs and one of his female "ENGINEERS" stuffed accidentally loses her top and the commercial has to be pulled thus creating hype and attention.

If people want to pay more for clubs and convince themselves that somehow the jacked up price or belief that this is somehow new technology and will drop their handicap by 3-4 strokes then more power to them but let's stop acting like this is something groundbreaking. It's not. His ball still has to conform just like his clubs so if they come in above the best out there then you are 100% paying for name. Does someone actually think he's is going to outdo Titleist in r&D ?

We see this every time new equipment comes out. This is just more of the same but people's egos will convince them otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Full disclosure....have not read all replies. Just my two cents.... while I would normally say that it would be a bad idea to try to enter the golf ball market, this seems to me to be a smart move BECAUSE PXG loyalists are true believers in the product being superior.

Let me preface this by saying I HAVE A PXG CLUB IN MY BAG - a 19 degree hybrid that I absolutely love. I do find it interesting how people really do believe that PXG products are superior to other stuff on the market. The stats just aren't there to prove that... they have yet to win a major and a lot of players have struggled on tour when transitioning to PXG.

I DO think that their tolerances, QC and builds are superior and that 100% influences club performance. But, the clubs, themselves certainly don't seem any better to me.

However, what is remarkable is how people play them SWEAR by them. I have Taylormade Tiger irons. They're super cool, but, I don't think they are better than my buddies 785s or another's AP2s. Nor do they think the inverse. But, there is something about PXG (hats off) that their "army" really believes that they are superior.

So....for that reason, I think them releasing a ball is a no brianer. The army will play it and swear by it. And, it's a smart way for people who maybe can't afford a full rig of PXG to have some PXG in their pocket (literally).

This is not a hat post, in fact, I think it's a great idea for PXG. They've create super loyalists and they will play this ball!

It seems I remember reading an interview with Parsons a while back and he was asked about making golf balls. His response at the time was that he wouldn't because he couldn't make a better ball then the Pro V1.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Parsons is probably working on buying a manufacturing facility inTaiwan or something.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly