PXG Golf Ball?

TheChad003

Parsons spent $250k per year on clubs ... while the clubs are unique in look and expand on traditional methods of moving weight around the perimeter ... $250k?

This man can afford his own Trackman and the best instructors in the world. If he can't figure out that the magic comes with hard work and not $250k in equipment...

Ball?

Why not? This is a guy who doesn't mind throwing $250k down the drain each year ... why not throw away millions in ball tech and losing his a$$ along the way.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

[quote name='Benco' timestamp='1450524897' post='12738764']
It doesn't cost millions to manufacture a golf ball in 2015 when you are not producing them yourself
[/quote]

True, but this is Parsons. You'd think he'd spend $1m in R&D at the drop of a hat.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

I'm not sure I understand why we wouldn't want somebody in the marketplace willing to spend whatever it takes on R&D to drive production of a unique and better product?

And if Parsons and PXG doesn't deliver, then what harm comes from it? I have to believe that more competition in the marketplace will Breed further innovation and development in a way that could help my game.

Titleist TSi3 Driver
Taylormade M6 15 3-Wood
Titleist u500 2i
Titleist T100 Irons 4-P
Titleist Vokey Wedges 50, 54, 58
TM Spider Tour X
Titleist Pro V1

RLX Apparel with Footjoy Shoes & Gloves

[quote name='William Coolidge' timestamp='1450585730' post='12742188']
Hey, there's more PXG equipment I won't be buying.

PXG can be the new Coates golf. Two companies headed by rich guys with more money than good sense.
[/quote]

Why is everyone so close minded about this company? They have 2 of the best engineers in golf, deep pockets, a CEO passionate about golf, and the only limitations set forth are those from the USGA. I think it's a great company with potential to break through new barriors. For equipment junkies I would think this would be heaven, but I guess most guys just want us to get off their lawn and stick with the standard oem offerings. I for one would love to try the equipment.

Chris Herrbach

Director of Golf - American Heroes Foundation

WITB:
Driver: Ping G430 LST 
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* 
Hybrid: PING G425
Irons: PING i230 4-PW 
Wedges: GW - PING Glide 3.0 50, SW Mizuno T22 54*, LW Indi TT 60*
Putter: LAB Golf LINK with Stability Tour Black shaft.

[quote name='herbygolf21' timestamp='1450588396' post='12742332']

PXG can be the new Coates golf. Two companies headed by rich guys with more money than good sense.
[/quote]

Why is everyone so close minded about this company? They have 2 of the best engineers in golf, deep pockets, a CEO passionate about golf, and the only limitations set forth are those from the USGA. I think it's a great company with potential to break through new barriors. For equipment junkies I would think this would be heaven, but I guess most guys just want us to get off their lawn and stick with the standard oem offerings. I for one would love to try the equipment.
[/quote]

Because it's a bunch of bullsheeit. Blade irons with bolts. Wow so innovative. If you want to be impressed go ahead. But I see infomercial garbage coming out of this company.

[quote name='rymail00' timestamp='1450324494' post='12730086']
[quote name='TheChad003' timestamp='1450317390' post='12729608']
This showed up at the golf course I used to work at, anyone heard of anything?
[/quote]

Is it me or does it seem to have huge dimples? Not saying it's good or bad, just an observation.

Definitely interested to hear more about them though. Seeing how Parsons spares no expense on his clubs I wonder if the ball/s they end up producing something that can compete with Pro V1, Pro V1X or surpass them? But seeing the prices of the clubs I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they almost reach $60 a dozen. But just speculating though.
[/quote]
I've always been a fan of big dimples. For some reason lots of tiny dimples just says hack ball to me. Can't explain why I feel that way, just the way it fits my eye.

[quote name='Benco' timestamp='1450524897' post='12738764']
It doesn't cost millions to manufacture a golf ball in 2015 when you are not producing them yourself
[/quote]

Correct. there are plenty of companies in Taiwan and China who can manufacture balls to his specs. A ball can be designed and delivered in prototype form in less than two weeks. Ask Ishi at Nike.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

[quote name='William Coolidge' timestamp='1450592058' post='12742522']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because it's a bunch of bullsheeit. Blade irons with bolts. Wow so innovative. If you want to be impressed go ahead. But I see infomercial garbage coming out of this company.
[/quote]

Then you simply are not seeing the technology in these irons.

Chris Herrbach

WITB:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Too ugly

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

[quote name='herbygolf21' timestamp='1450624122' post='12743210']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What technology?

If it was for weighting then more could be achieved with a tungsten strip rather than dozens of bolts

None of the product seems legit to me I'm
Amazed people dig them

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

As long as they can keep losses to $250k per year, Parsons may not mind. It's what he was spending on clubs anyway... (said jokingly)

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

[quote name='elwhippy' timestamp='1450498755' post='12738302']
Seeing as Bridgestone is quitting the UK market with a very good line of balls and the backing of a massive parent company I am baffled as to why Parsons would risk a ball before its clubs become established. To this day I doubt either Callaway or Nike have ever broke even on balls....as for pricing there is no market above the V1, Z-star and Tour Preferred. Any attempt to sell above that would be suicidal.
[/quote]Don't tell Srixon that. They sell lots of balls in the Japanese market at prices far higher than the three balls you mention.

[quote name='hef63303' timestamp='1450648467' post='12744444']
[quote name='elwhippy' timestamp='1450498755' post='12738302']
Seeing as Bridgestone is quitting the UK market with a very good line of balls and the backing of a massive parent company I am baffled as to why Parsons would risk a ball before its clubs become established. To this day I doubt either Callaway or Nike have ever broke even on balls....as for pricing there is no market above the V1, Z-star and Tour Preferred. Any attempt to sell above that would be suicidal.
[/quote]Don't tell Srixon that. They sell lots of balls in the Japanese market at prices far higher than the three balls you mention.
[/quote]Z-Star is Srixon's tour level ball.....

SIM w Ventus Black 6x

G410LST 3w w THUMP 70x

G410 2H w Thump 80x
TM P790 4-P w X100TI
Cleveland Zipcore 50*Mid & 54*Mid

TM Hi-Toe 60*

Odyssey O-Works Black #1

[quote name='starsail85' timestamp='1450630615' post='12743560']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What technology?

If it was for weighting then more could be achieved with a tungsten strip rather than dozens of bolts

None of the product seems legit to me I'm
Amazed people dig them
[/quote]The screws are not the main technology. They have the thinnest faces on the market, which they accomplish by filling the hollow heads with elastomer. Not just blades with screws. From what I've heard, these are flying out the door at the high end fitters (only place they are available presently, other than direct from PXG). The product doesn't seem legit to you because you don't know anything about it. Most of the OEM's are using perimeter weighting, and PXG is just going about it differently with the screws. I'm behind anything that fuels innovation.

SIM w Ventus Black 6x

G410LST 3w w THUMP 70x

G410 2H w Thump 80x
TM P790 4-P w X100TI
Cleveland Zipcore 50*Mid & 54*Mid

TM Hi-Toe 60*

Odyssey O-Works Black #1

I have to agree that the approach of innovation first is interesting in the current golf market. Honestly, the company might not even need major sales to succeed. If they come up with even one major innovation, backed with one robust patent, they won't need to sell a ton of clubs. They can just sell use of their tech to every other OEM, and those guys can bring it to the masses at a more familiar price point. And mixing the strategy of deep pockets, and zero manufacturing or sales cycle limitations, they could probably snag some other significant design and R&D talent from some of the big boys.

At first I also thought it was clubs with screws, which was interesting already to me. But watching their moves in scooping up proven industry engineers, and now building out a significant tour staff, I think they are turning heads. We'll see how it all plays out, but from clubs to business tactics, they have my attention. If I had the cash flow, they'd probably have my wallet too. Based on what we've seen so far, I'm curious to see what their story is with the ball once it is released.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1450639267' post='12743998']
The troll posts are hilarious in this thread... You would have thought it was a TM thread.
[/quote]

The PGX hate may give TM hate a run for its money in 2016. Pretty amazing especially when you realize that 95% of people spewing the hate have never hit the clubs before.

[quote name='displayname' timestamp='1450726273' post='12748058']
I have to agree that the approach of innovation first is interesting in the current golf market. Honestly, the company might not even need major sales to succeed. If they come up with even one major innovation, backed with one robust patent, they won't need to sell a ton of clubs. They can just sell use of their tech to every other OEM, and those guys can bring it to the masses at a more familiar price point. And mixing the strategy of deep pockets, and zero manufacturing or sales cycle limitations, they could probably snag some other significant design and R&D talent from some of the big boys.

At first I also thought it was clubs with screws, which was interesting already to me. But watching their moves in scooping up proven industry engineers, and now building out a significant tour staff, I think they are turning heads. We'll see how it all plays out, but from clubs to business tactics, they have my attention. If I had the cash flow, they'd probably have my wallet too. Based on what we've seen so far, I'm curious to see what their story is with the ball once it is released.
[/quote]

This....Gentlemen. This.

This site really is becoming a negative place to be. Everyone is more than welcome to their opinion but some of the comments shared here are simply hate being spewed by close minded, uninformed people. You can hate the owner of the company for whatever it is people seem to hate him for and you certainly can decide for yourself that you don't like the looks of these clubs (I happen to think they look pretty good). Whats amazing is the number of people that are writing them off or calling them junk without ever hitting them or even seeing them in person. I have not heard or read about too many people that have hit them and not have positive things to say about them. Calling their equipment something from an infomercial is pretty short sited. If anyone thinks that you are going to hire the respected people they have hired and produce junk your simply delusional. They are already getting way too much attention on tour for them to be called garbage.

Just to reiterate, calling them ugly or not liking the owner is an opinion, not seeing them for what they really are is being close minded and uninformed. This sounds a lot like the G30 comments after news and then photos came out about the design of the G30. Flop, Garbage, Sam's club equipment, etc. All of the geniuses spewing about how they would never be caught dead with the club because of the turbulators. Funny how that went out the window when the club was great. The G30 was arguably the best driver that year. The big difference with the PXG stuff is that it may be great but it also may be out of the equation because of price. I am getting a chance to test a fitting iron on the course this weekend (hopefully) and I will wait until after I hit it to formulate an opinion. If the club isn't great for me, it wont be because the club is junk or because I am jealous of the owner, it will be because the club was not for me. I am sure I will get some angry a** feedback for this but oh well.

Ping G430 MAX 10K 2024 Ventus Blue
Callaway Ai Smoke Max 2024 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 19deg hyb Blue Ventus HB

Ping G430 22 deg hyl Blue Ventus HB
Mizuno Pro 245 5-pw Axiom 105s
Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is nothing in them that hasn't been tried, isn't out there or improves performance over other products from the padt orcurrently on the market.

[quote name='joneser' timestamp='1450807010' post='12752120']
This site really is becoming a negative place to be. Everyone is more than welcome to their opinion but some of the comments shared here are simply hate being spewed by close minded, uninformed people. You can hate the owner of the company for whatever it is people seem to hate him for and you certainly can decide for yourself that you don't like the looks of these clubs (I happen to think they look pretty good). Whats amazing is the number of people that are writing them off or calling them junk without ever hitting them or even seeing them in person. I have not heard or read about too many people that have hit them and not have positive things to say about them. Calling their equipment something from an infomercial is pretty short sited. If anyone thinks that you are going to hire the respected people they have hired and produce junk your simply delusional. They are already getting way too much attention on tour for them to be called garbage.

Just to reiterate, calling them ugly or not liking the owner is an opinion, not seeing them for what they really are is being close minded and uninformed. This sounds a lot like the G30 comments after news and then photos came out about the design of the G30. Flop, Garbage, Sam's club equipment, etc. All of the geniuses spewing about how they would never be caught dead with the club because of the turbulators. Funny how that went out the window when the club was great. The G30 was arguably the best driver that year. The big difference with the PXG stuff is that it may be great but it also may be out of the equation because of price. I am getting a chance to test a fitting iron on the course this weekend (hopefully) and I will wait until after I hit it to formulate an opinion. If the club isn't great for me, it wont be because the club is junk or because I am jealous of the owner, it will be because the club was not for me. I am sure I will get some angry a** feedback for this but oh well.
[/quote]

Great post!

[quote name='buckeyefl' timestamp='1450809858' post='12752316']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is nothing in them that hasn't been tried, isn't out there or improves performance over other products from the padt orcurrently on the market.
[/quote]

I will have to disagree with you on that. The face for one is half as thin as the nearest competitor on the market. True, there are other irons that can be made hollow (TMB), but because of the patents on the PXG gear, you will not be able to fill the heads with the thermoplastic. This has a dramatic effect on feel and stability of the face. Without the thermoplastic injection a face can not be made this thin. Thinner face saves a lot of weight that can be applied to the perimeter, which of course makes a more forgiving golf club. The thinner face can increase ball speed, therefore making the irons longer. The thermoplastic injection makes the irons feel better.

So basically, this company has produced an iron that golfers have been begging for for years, a blade (type) iron that is made with forged products that happens to be more forgiving than most cavity backs and longer than most game improvement clubs. The club is finally here, and most people bash it because they don't like the owner, or don't like the fact that the engineers left another company for a better opportunity, or don't like the name, or hate the price, etc... you see where I am going here. I for one am a golf gear junkie and LOVE to see new ideas and manufacturing processes come to the market. By the way, this is new, it has not been done before. PXG has patented the manufacturing process, so nobody else will do it until that expires.

I would think this community would be the most excited community out there over these products. Maybe that was the old group of WRX members I am thinking of. Either way, play what you want to play. I for one am going to at least hit these before I give judgement. I am keeping an open mind.

Chris Herrbach

WITB: