2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2016-2017 NFL Thread

highergr0und

I'm sad about Romo. The thought of him playing anywhere other than Dallas legitimately makes me sad. This guy has put his body through hell and dealt with so much nonsense throughout his tenure in Dallas. He has arguably been one of the most (unnecessarily) scrutinized athletes for the better part of the last decade and he has taken it all in stride. He's a true class act.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sad about Romo. The thought of him playing anywhere other than Dallas legitimately makes me sad. This guy has put his body through hell and dealt with so much nonsense throughout his tenure in Dallas. He has arguably been one of the most (unnecessarily) scrutinized athletes for the better part of the last decade and he has taken it all in stride. He's a true class act.

He was pouring out some guts while at the podium for sure. It is a bit sad.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Week 11

Saints vs Panthers - critical matchup for both teams with playoff implications... if it were 2015. Saints have dug themselves a hole by not blocking well on a PAT :russian_roulette: Carolina defense has been pretty stout vs teams that can't score, but that's not the Saints. FFL game of the week - Cam scores a couple TDs, the Saints suit up the equipment manager to score a TD. NO 40+, Car 35.

BTW, I'm sick, so I will blame any delusional comments on the fever.

Bills vs Bengals - Rust Belt Special. Going to be a tough game to watch, but both teams think they have a shot at the playoffs. 7-8-1 might win the AFC North. If the Bengals are going to finish the season 4-3, it has to start today. AJ Green too much for the Bills. Cincy 24, Buff 17

Stillers vs Browns - UPSET SPECIAL!!! Just kidding. Steelers have some challenges to make the playoffs, but this isn't one of them.

Ravens vs Cowboys - The Number 1 rushing defense vs the Number 1 rushing offense. If Dallas doesn't throw the ball, or Balt take any offensive snaps, it should be interesting. Cowboys 21 Ravens 10

Jaguars vs Lions - The luxury car brand comes to Motor City. The Lions, for now, have the inside track to winning the AFC North. Coming off a Bye, against a slumping Jacksonville team, the Lions get it done 24-21 **Upset potential***

Titans vs Colts - Crucial game for the Titans. I don't believe in the Houston Texans. For Tenn, 4-2 gets it done. They are a balanced offensive team, playing better as the weeks go on. Defense needs to shore up some holes, but should win a shoot-out against Indy. Tenn 35 Indy 31

Buccaneers vs Chiefs - TB is an average team, the Chiefs are not. Chiefs D the best at takeaways, TB Off in the bottom 3rd for turnovers. KC 17 TB 14 **Upset potential**

Cardinals vs Vikings - Panic Button Special. The Cards have 4 teams ahead of them in the Wild Card race. After starting 5-0, the Vikes have lost 4 in a row. Minn's defense had been dominant at the start of the season, but has not been able to keep a team under 20 points since their Week 6 Bye - probably, in part, because they have no running game to take time off the clock. Too much DJ, and just enough Fitz. AZ 24 Minn 17

Bears vs Giants - Insomniac's Special. Another game that will probably be hard to watch. Jordan Howard will probably be a non-factor vs the NYG defense. No Alshon Jeffrey. Giants shuffle their way to 7-3 (Seriously?!). NYG 21 Chicago 13.

4:00 games later...

Panthers game against the Saints?

How do you boys see that one? I need some swaying as I am on the fence pertaining to this game.

Vegas has Cam and the boys 3 1/2 point favorites and the total is pointing to a high scoring affair 52 1/2.

Well we all know that Mr. Breeze https://www.youtube.......Eq9OFxE is good for 35 most any game himself right?

Week 11

Saints vs Panthers - critical matchup for both teams with playoff implications... if it were 2015. Saints have dug themselves a hole by not blocking well on a PAT :russian_roulette: Carolina defense has been pretty stout vs teams that can't score, but that's not the Saints. FFL game of the week - Cam scores a couple TDs, the Saints suit up the equipment manager to score a TD. NO 40+, Car 35.

BTW, I'm sick, so I will blame any delusional comments on the fever.

Bills vs Bengals - Rust Belt Special. Going to be a tough game to watch, but both teams think they have a shot at the playoffs. 7-8-1 might win the AFC North. If the Bengals are going to finish the season 4-3, it has to start today. AJ Green too much for the Bills. Cincy 24, Buff 17

Stillers vs Browns - UPSET SPECIAL!!! Just kidding. Steelers have some challenges to make the playoffs, but this isn't one of them.

Ravens vs Cowboys - The Number 1 rushing defense vs the Number 1 rushing offense. If Dallas doesn't throw the ball, or Balt take any offensive snaps, it should be interesting. Cowboys 21 Ravens 10

Jaguars vs Lions - The luxury car brand comes to Motor City. The Lions, for now, have the inside track to winning the AFC North. Coming off a Bye, against a slumping Jacksonville team, the Lions get it done 24-21 **Upset potential***

Titans vs Colts - Crucial game for the Titans. I don't believe in the Houston Texans. For Tenn, 4-2 gets it done. They are a balanced offensive team, playing better as the weeks go on. Defense needs to shore up some holes, but should win a shoot-out against Indy. Tenn 35 Indy 31

Buccaneers vs Chiefs - TB is an average team, the Chiefs are not. Chiefs D the best at takeaways, TB Off in the bottom 3rd for turnovers. KC 17 TB 14 **Upset potential**

Cardinals vs Vikings - Panic Button Special. The Cards have 4 teams ahead of them in the Wild Card race. After starting 5-0, the Vikes have lost 4 in a row. Minn's defense had been dominant at the start of the season, but has not been able to keep a team under 20 points since their Week 6 Bye - probably, in part, because they have no running game to take time off the clock. Too much DJ, and just enough Fitz. AZ 24 Minn 17

Bears vs Giants - Insomniac's Special. Another game that will probably be hard to watch. Jordan Howard will probably be a non-factor vs the NYG defense. No Alshon Jeffrey. Giants shuffle their way to 7-3 (Seriously?!). NYG 21 Chicago 13.

4:00 games later...

Thanks for the picks. Giants D is pretty damn good though. Only go so far but at least they are in the game.

Week 11 (late games):

Dolphins vs Rams - WAGs and Close Relatives Special. Why is the NFL making the Dolphins fly all the way to California for a game with a sub-20 over/under? Okay, the O/U is actually 40, but the under is a no-brainer. Horrible ratio of frequent flyer miles:points scored. The Rams are averaging 9.67 pts in their last three games and are starting their rookie QB. There will be a lot of empty seats in the LA Coliseum to see the Dolphins slog out an unimpressive 20-13 win over the Rams.

Patriots vs 49ers - Tom Brady threw ZERO... 0... Nada... Zilch... TD passes last Sunday vs the Seahawks. Not happening this week. NE lights it up vs SF and their social justice warrior QB (Except that he's never registered to vote! Whoops!). Not even garbage time can make this game appear like it was a contest. NE 38 SF 17

Eagles vs Seahawks - Green vs green. Bird vs bird. My game of the week, and ... yes, my Upset Special! The schizophrenic Iggles can win big games - 5-0 Minnesota Vikings, No problem... 6-2 Atlanta Falcons, No problem... They just haven't been able to win games in their own division. The 'hawks come off an emotional win vs the Patriots, and I think they have a bit of a let down. A lot of weapons on offense and a stout defense get Philly a rare 'Visitors' win at Century Link Field. Caleb Sturgis rides the Harley off into the sunset with the game winner 27-26.

Packers vs Redskins - The Packers have been digging themselves holes, early in games, that they can't get out of. Starks returned to the backfield, Adams emerged as a quality option a few weeks ago. Wash. has a balanced attack with the emergence of Rob Kelley in the backfield and Jamison Crowder at WR and as a returner. But, a 2:1 TD-INT ratio is not very good. If the Pack can score early, maybe get a 1st qtr pick, I see them taking a game they need to stay alive in their mediocre division. GB 32 Wash 28.

Texans vs Raiders - You heard it here first (maybe not, but humor me) - the Texans will not win the AFC South. The Texans are the worst 6-3 team in the NFL, okay, it's just between them and the Giants, but they are not a team that should be winning their division. 30th in yds gained, 29th in pts scored. Their defense is another story - 3rd in yds/game in a division with a couple potent offenses (Indy, Tenn),... a little more pedestrian (12th) when it comes to pts allowed. The Oakland offense has weapons at RB and WR, and a QB that doesn't shrink from the occassion. Neither team is "as good as their record", but the Raiders should have gained some confidence, by now (big win over the Broncs!), and can smell the playoffs. Third best TO differential helps, too!!! The only negative for the Silver and Black is that they are at "home" (5-0 on the road!), lol. Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders 31 Houston 20.

That's all I got. Go Ravens! Feel free to make me look bad. Go Eagles! Don't make me look foolish... -er.

Did anyone dig that keyboard player jamming???? MR. Breeeeeeeezzze !

usp-nfl_-new-orleans-saints-black-and-gold-scrimma_001.jpg

We are going to move on from you Drew. See your throwing shoulder was messed up as bad as the doctor's have seen,

and we got this new guy Rivers on the bench. We want to try Rivers as our QB, so sorry Drew.

signed, San Diego Chargers 2005

Drew's reply............."Oh that's just swell man, raw deal for sure.....BUT

SEE YOU IN CANTON MF'sss !!!!"

goooo Boilermakerspurduehelmetx-large.jpg

Week 11 (late games):

Dolphins vs Rams - WAGs and Close Relatives Special. Why is the NFL making the Dolphins fly all the way to California for a game with a sub-20 over/under? Okay, the O/U is actually 40, but the under is a no-brainer. Horrible ratio of frequent flyer miles:points scored. The Rams are averaging 9.67 pts in their last three games and are starting their rookie QB. There will be a lot of empty seats in the LA Coliseum to see the Dolphins slog out an unimpressive 20-13 win over the Rams.

Patriots vs 49ers - Tom Brady threw ZERO... 0... Nada... Zilch... TD passes last Sunday vs the Seahawks. Not happening this week. NE lights it up vs SF and their social justice warrior QB (Except that he's never registered to vote! Whoops!). Not even garbage time can make this game appear like it was a contest. NE 38 SF 17

Eagles vs Seahawks - Green vs green. Bird vs bird. My game of the week, and ... yes, my Upset Special! The schizophrenic Iggles can win big games - 5-0 Minnesota Vikings, No problem... 6-2 Atlanta Falcons, No problem... They just haven't been able to win games in their own division. The 'hawks come off an emotional win vs the Patriots, and I think they have a bit of a let down. A lot of weapons on offense and a stout defense get Philly a rare 'Visitors' win at Century Link Field. Caleb Sturgis rides the Harley off into the sunset with the game winner 27-26.

Packers vs Redskins - The Packers have been digging themselves holes, early in games, that they can't get out of. Starks returned to the backfield, Adams emerged as a quality option a few weeks ago. Wash. has a balanced attack with the emergence of Rob Kelley in the backfield and Jamison Crowder at WR and as a returner. But, a 2:1 TD-INT ratio is not very good. If the Pack can score early, maybe get a 1st qtr pick, I see them taking a game they need to stay alive in their mediocre division. GB 32 Wash 28.

Texans vs Raiders - You heard it here first (maybe not, but humor me) - the Texans will not win the AFC South. The Texans are the worst 6-3 team in the NFL, okay, it's just between them and the Giants, but they are not a team that should be winning their division. 30th in yds gained, 29th in pts scored. Their defense is another story - 3rd in yds/game in a division with a couple potent offenses (Indy, Tenn),... a little more pedestrian (12th) when it comes to pts allowed. The Oakland offense has weapons at RB and WR, and a QB that doesn't shrink from the occassion. Neither team is "as good as their record", but the Raiders should have gained some confidence, by now (big win over the Broncs!), and can smell the playoffs. Third best TO differential helps, too!!! The only negative for the Silver and Black is that they are at "home" (5-0 on the road!), lol. Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders 31 Houston 20.

That's all I got. Go Ravens! Feel free to make me look bad. Go Eagles! Don't make me look foolish... -er.

Thanks Crab for your detailed insight into the games of week 11.

I appreciate the effort made and posting it here for our "lil gang" on this thread.

I do take issue with one statement.

You called my avatar mediocre.

Um.......I'll get back to you on that.

BOOM dc73682bdcc07690f034b6c4ae061d69.jpg

Week 11 (late games):

I appreciate the effort made and posting it here for our "lil gang" on this thread.

LOL! I thought you would take umbrage with my pick on the Skins game. Hey, it's the NFL, so many teams are week to week. I feel like the Pack is due to win one, just happens to be at FedEx. Hey, my track record is pretty bad, so you should be happy! All in good fun, my friend!

... and I said the circa 1980 coaches shorts in your avatar were scary! Beer gut sitting on top of high waisted, old-school, non-elastic polyester shorts - not sure who thought that was a good idea! You think Petibon looks at that and says, "Man! We were stylin'!" ? LOL!

No it wasn't the Packers over the Skins pick I was beefing about. I like honest picks and predictions no matter for or against my team. It was regarding another

bit of Crab wisdom in that post of analysis of the late games.

I was joking also remember, all in good fun, but it was regarding the statement in the last line of paragraph four...............

"stay alive in their mediocre division ( ala nfc east - my current avatar ). haha

I will defend my division, even my conference against the evil ways of an AFC fan!

Week 11 (late games):

LOL! I thought you would take umbrage with my pick on the Skins game. Hey, it's the NFL, so many teams are week to week. I feel like the Pack is due to win one, just happens to be at FedEx. Hey, my track record is pretty bad, so you should be happy! All in good fun, my friend!

... and I said the circa 1980 coaches shorts in your avatar were scary! Beer gut sitting on top of high waisted, old-school, non-elastic polyester shorts - not sure who thought that was a good idea! You think Petibon looks at that and says, "Man! We were stylin'!" ? LOL!

Crab I have always been a fan of yours, but I can not give you enough props for knowing who Coach Petibon was after only

seeing a tiny avatar photo. That was surprising.

No it wasn't the Packers over the Skins pick I was beefing about. I like honest picks and predictions no matter for or against my team. It was regarding another

I was joking also remember, all in good fun, but it was regarding the statement in the last line of paragraph four...............

"stay alive in their mediocre division ( ala nfc east - my current avatar ). haha

I will defend my division, even my conference against the evil ways of an AFC fan!

Ooooohhhhh! Now I understand. That comment was from the GB perspective. I was referring to the NFC North as being mediocre. If the Packers can get their sh!t together and put together a 2+ game win streak, I think they'll beat out Det and Minn.

I posted earlier in the thread that, IMO, the East is probably the toughest division this year. The Eagles have beaten 2 division leaders, embarrassed Pitt (who may win their division), have a winning record, but are LAST in their division, going 0-3 in the first round of divisional games. That's kinda crazy!

But, then again, Dallas is over-rated because of their soft schedule ... or so I've heard. LOL!

Week 11 (late games):

Crab I have always been a fan of yours, but I can not give you enough props for knowing who Coach Petibon was after only

seeing a tiny avatar photo. That was surprising.

I'm not going to take credit I don't deserve (see, there is a first time for everything, LOL) - you told me who it was.

Ooooohhhhh! Now I understand. That comment was from the GB perspective. I was referring to the NFC North as being mediocre. If the Packers can get their sh!t together and put together a 2+ game win streak, I think they'll beat out Det and Minn.

I posted earlier in the thread that, IMO, the East is probably the toughest division this year. The Eagles have beaten 2 division leaders, embarrassed Pitt (who may win their division), have a winning record, but are LAST in their division, going 0-3 in the first round of divisional games. That's kinda crazy!

But, then again, Dallas is over-rated because of their soft schedule ... or so I've heard. LOL!

Oh I am sorry Crab. Please accept my apologies as I did not take that as directed at the NFC North. I did not remember the comment

earlier in the thread that contained the content stating the SUPER STRENGTH of the nfc east. I makes much more sense now that you have

explained you were calling the black and blue boys mediocre.

I would always be worried about the Pack no matter how bad the slump is. The Packers have Godgers and he is a

bbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd man as Steven A. always refers to him! A bonified game chaanger

that one.

And Damn it on the Petibon recognition. I was so impressed that an East Coast living NFL fan ( who was not a Skins nut) could

pick out "coach stomach" from a small avatar photo. You could have played along that you were that astute to impress me just once, but no you came clean.

Then again Crab you impress a great deal of us here on the Wrx with your knowledge on many subjects, and also impress us with the witty writing skills you possess. Please keep entertaining us here on this thread especially!

Oh I am sorry Crab. Please accept my apologies as I did not take that as directed at the NFC North. I did not remember the

earlier in the thread that contained the comment stating the SUPER STRENGTH of the nfc east. I makes much more sense now that you have

I would always be worried about the Pack no matter how bad the slump is. The Packers have Godgers and he is a

bbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd man as Steven A. always refers to him! A bonified game chaanger

that one.

And Damn it on the Petibon recognition. I was so impressed that an East Coast living NFL fan ( who was not a Skins nut) could

pick out "coach stomach" from a small avatar photo. You could have played along that you were that astute to impress me just once, but no you came clean.

Then again Crab you impress a great deal of us here on the Wrx with your knowledge on many subjects, and also impress us with the witty writing skills you possess. Please keep entertaining us here on this thread especially!

Also if there was a jab at the teams of the nfc east, then a certain member who participates in this thread frequently, (and is quite a bit more keen than I ) would have chimed in regarding that. That division does

contain his beloved G-Men after all.

Right bscinstnct ?

Crab,

You do see what is front and center in my avatar today don't you? lol

all hail the black high tops of Johnny U !

Crab,

Absolutely!!! LOL, what's the setting in that picture? Looks pretty funny.

What a legacy the Colts left in Baltimore! I wonder if St. Louis remembers the Cardinals in the same way.

So many players and coaches that left their mark on the NFL.

Oh I am sorry Crab. Please accept my apologies as I did not take that as directed at the NFC North. I did not remember the comment

earlier in the thread that contained the content stating the SUPER STRENGTH of the nfc east. I makes much more sense now that you have

that one.

You are waaaaaaaay too kind.

I'm not so much worried about Rodgers as I am the 5 guys in front of him. They are bad, with one 'a', lol. Everybody talks about him and Ben being able to scramble, extend plays, etc.., which is true, but you can't make a living like that. That only ices the cake.

McCarthy comes from that West Coast coaching tree, I believe, so I'm surprised that there aren't more quick slants and bubble screens in their offense. I wonder if DBs are pressing or taking away the under routes, knowing that the GB pocket will break down - that kinda stuff you can't see on TV too often, grrr.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Crab,

Absolutely!!! LOL, what's the setting in that picture? Looks pretty funny.

What a legacy the Colts left in Baltimore! I wonder if St. Louis remembers the Cardinals in the same way.

So many players and coaches that left their mark on the NFL.

I think the Colts are remembered far more as an intricate part of "Charm City's" past than the "Gateway to the West" city's tie

to the old football Cardinals.

For trivia lovers

St Louis Cardinals from 1960-1987 ...later the LA Rams moved there but not the same

Baltimore Colts from 1953-1983 ...later the Browns moved there but not the same

But for me personally Crab,

I loved this guy..... Jimmy frickin Hart out of little So Illinois University. NFC player of the year '74

Click on the link for a fun 3 minutes of old Cardiac Cardinal highlights

of #17 and Jackie Smith, Mel Grey, and Terry Metcalf.

So it is NFL Thurs. night edition.

From earlier in the thread Crab likes NO 40+ and Carolina 35

I say Carolina 31 N. Orleans 24

Anybody else have a prediction?

Anyone else really only waiting to see what outfit the clothes horse is donning for tonight's NFL fashion show ? ! ? !

lol Capt. Slick cam-newton-435.jpg

Thanks for sharing! What a gut-wrenching ordeal! Glad it appears to be a happy ending for the Olsen family! Always thought Greg was a stand-up guy. Awesome work he is doing for families going through the same thing!

3-3 tie at the end of 1rst quarter.

Who said high scoring?

So it is NFL Thurs. night edition.

From earlier in the thread Crab likes NO 40+ and Carolina 35

I say Carolina 31 N. Orleans 24

Anybody else have a prediction?

Anyone else really only waiting to see what outfit the clothes horse is donning for tonight's NFL fashion show ? ! ? !

lol Capt. Slick cam-newton-435.jpg

Well I did ASK FOR IT............for Goodness Sakes he keeps outdoing himself with outragousness

His pre-game cleats tonight photo credit: Carolina Panthers Twitter

CxgMsbpVEAABnnX.jpg

Hope for more action in the second half.

Sure hope Kuechly is not out for the year.

Luke is one of the big reasons to watch a Panthers game.

He is such a play maker.

Hey Crab,

What would Johnny Unitas think of those high tops ? That's some s*** ^^ there boys.

How the F does he keep out doing himself with the shock value apparel ?

Friggin' fur topped cleats.

I need a Knob Creek............ugh

Versace designed Under Armour's for pete's sake.

Glam Newton. When you do things for the sole purpose of getting people to look at you... hmmm...

What would Unitas think? The moment that sums it up would be this: After Ameche bulls into the end zone to win the NFL Championship in OT, Unitas simply turns and walks to the sideline. He was a cool customer - 100% substance, 0% style. Yeah, no fur-lined zebra print cleats. But, who knows... maybe if somebody gave him a pair to try out... nah.

Saw a new statistic this morning (new to me, looks like it's been around a while).

DVOA - Defense-adjusted Value Over Average. I didn't look into the nuts and bolts of it (may never, lol), but it sounds like football's version of Strokes Gained... . I took it to be this, as an example: For offense, on 3rd and 4, the NFL average gain is 3.7 yards (made up number). If Team A averages 3.2 yards (-0.5 differential, -13.5%), they are under-performing most teams. You wind up with a single number for a team, so I guess it covers all situations. And, it is somehow adjusted for strength of the defense being faced.

Moneyball comes to the NFL. Not sure I see the point of it. Plenty of other metrics that tell the tale. Somebody trying to be fancier than necessary, IMNSHO.

Top 4: Phil, Sea, Dal, Atl

Bottom 4: SF, Hou, NYJ, Cle