2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Anyone ditch their Arccos for Game Golf?

I have the Arccos system but got tired on carrying my phone with me and did not like the fact that Arccos does not suggestion a club to use when you approach your next hole even though you have a whole history of past plays on that course. They tell me they are working on that but even my handheld Garmin will do that?

Thinking about buying the Game Golf instead and forgetting about the money I spend on the Arccos system.

Anyone else agree?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you accept $50 for the Arccos? :taunt:

Oddly enough, I was researching GG earlier this morning and it just seems so hit or miss or with if it's going to be able to charge, how long the battery last, if the app is going to freeze on you or not, etc, etc...so I just stopped researching and decided against buying it. I'd rather not know the stats than to have to deal with all that crap during an already hard and occasionally frustrating game where you need to focus and mentally prepare to hit a bad shot and deal with a bad lie, etc...

EDIT: Based on the reviews I read and numerous websites

I owned the first gen Gamegolf system and now own the Gamegolf Live system. Haven't had any issues with battery life, or the app freezing. I did spray paint the tags black because the red on the top of the handle was a little offputting, but it's a good and simple system. Not hard to learn to tap as part of your pre shot routine. The app is pretty nice. Granted I don't really need to see my round live update while I'm playing, but if you're into stat tracking and getting a realistic view of your game it's pretty useful. If you happen to forget to tag, the unit will detect that you took a swing and guess the club that you used based on the yardage information that it gathers, which you can change later if it's the wrong club. At the very least you will have the gps location where you took the shot. The website has some nice features as far as strokes gained in specific areas of your game. I've never used the Arccos system, but from what I hear they both have their drawbacks and strengths. I liked what gamegolf offered.

You don't need to carry your phone on you if you prefer to just use the device, but if you have the phone in the cart or in your bag it can still update via bluetooth if you choose to sync it while you play.

Will you accept $50 for the Arccos? :taunt:

Oddly enough, I was researching GG earlier this morning and it just seems so hit or miss or with if it's going to be able to charge, how long the battery last, if the app is going to freeze on you or not, etc, etc...so I just stopped researching and decided against buying it. I'd rather not know the stats than to have to deal with all that crap during an already hard and occasionally frustrating game where you need to focus and mentally prepare to hit a bad shot and deal with a bad lie, etc...

EDIT: Based on the reviews I read and numerous websites

With 140+ rounds ,still anecdotal, but I have had zero incidents with any of the issues you've mentioned. I had my vibration motor die (which they replaced my unit) and I've had one tag fall apart. Honestly the stand alone nature is why I went with this. (Classic)

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

I have an Apple Watch so I get the distances. It's a nice feature if you have the watch and I got the watch first before Arccos, so it was added benefit. I've gotten to the phone on me but I also have a cart so I can place my phone nearby without affecting me.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

Check out Shot Scope! It will be out in a few months. They are supposed to have an on-line demo soon. The stats look amazing! complete strokes gained analysis even for putting. No tagging required and you dont't need a smart phone. Check out their site. In the mean time just use Game Golf for free using their free app!!!

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

I had game golf and now have arccos. I live in a relatively rural area and the game golf system would take FOREVER to link with the satellites and sometimes not at all. Carrying my phone is a minor inconvenience, but at least I know I can use the system without any problems

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1540362-raholland71-witb/#entry16159836"]WITB[/url]
Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T

I used Arccos for 2-3 rounds and thought it sucked.

Some nice features for sure...but adding shots when there was no shot, missing strokes at other times. It made for a more stressful round of golf.

Maybe updates have taken care of it...

If they can actually get this to just do what it's supposed to (record every shot you take without making up phantom shots, and missing others), it's worth the $200-$300.

I have had no major problems with the Game Golf System. I have lost a few tags (i use pure grips which have larger holes) but thanks to someone on here, I have used teflon tape on the threads and now they should start staying in place a little better. Besides, a replacement is only 5 bux...

I have both systems ( i was going to buy an new set of tags for $99, but they had a special for the original pre-order guys to get the new system for $150) so I got the new system, and it came with a new set of tags)

I think the other system looks nice, but I don't want to have to carry my phone, if I want to do so I can now with the GG app, but I have been wearing a Garmin Approach for 5 years now... so no need.. I have an apple watch, and it works with ScoreCard GPS, and with the GG app, but I like the Garmin Better...

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I have the Arccos system but got tired on carrying my phone with me and did not like the fact that Arccos does not suggestion a club to use when you approach your next hole even though you have a whole history of past plays on that course. They tell me they are working on that but even my handheld Garmin will do that?

Thinking about buying the Game Golf instead and forgetting about the money I spend on the Arccos system.

Anyone else agree?

That's against the USGA rules. If you did get those suggestions from an app, any score you've posted for your handicap would be void.

I have been thinking about getting Game Golf System, but I too use GolfPadGPS and might order the GolfTags...I've heard nothing but good things from Golf Game though...decisions decisions...lol

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway AI Smole TD 15*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway AI Smoke TD 20*, Denali white 70g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago and White Hot Pro V-Line as back ups)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

I watched a buddy play a couple rounds with the Game Golf System and he became frustrated and distracted by trying to remember to tag his clubs as part of his pre-shot routine. That is why I bought an Arccos. I've had very limited experience with my Arccos but my early season rounds have got me liking it. I rarely pull the phone from my pocket during a round. It sits in my pocket accumulating data, unless I need yardage to a bunker or the green, and then it is glance and go.

Phred

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

... and did not like the fact that Arccos does not suggestion a club to use when you approach your next hole even though you have a whole history of past plays on that course. They tell me they are working on that but even my handheld Garmin will do that?

What model Garmin do you own? I didn't know a Garmin could do that.

I use the Game Golf app and it doesn't suggest a club either.

Anyone have any experience with Arccos and the Apple Watch? Can I just wear the watch instead of having my phone in my pocket?

Apple watch doesn't have a GPS. It uses the iPhone GPS. Wherever the phone is is what will be used as the shot location.

Lol...makes sense. I should've known that.

Bit the bullet and bought a used one today. Let's see how this goes.

I've been using GameGolf Classic for over a year and I like its simplicity. I like seeing where my misses are, how far I actually hit a club, and i use the data to tweak my practice time. Once I got used to tagging each shot posting and editing the round became very easy. Tagging is now so ingrained in my pre-shot routine that if I forget the unit I end up tagging the shot on an empty belt.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I use the Apple Watch with the Game golf...

I actually like the garmin S6 that I have way better... I don't know why, it just seems to be a better setup.

I haven't figured out on the Apple watch to get anything other than yardage... and the S6 will give me layups...

The Game Golf ap will give you everything on the phone, but not sure how to toggle it on the watch... so i just end up using my Garmin..

Also the Game Golf ap KILLS my battery on both the phone and the watch..

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis