2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Adams Tight Lies Ti 3 wood

golfcaddy1969

After watching Rick Shiels demo this club I was very interested. I have 4 other 3 woods that are great from a tee but not consistent off the deck. For me this is a must. So after watching many reviews I gave the Adams TL ti fairway a try. From my first swing until the last it is easily the easiest fairway wood from the deck that I have ever hit. I went with the 15. It launches high so I may need to go to the 13.5

The shaft is light but stable for me. What a great find. Rick actually had it listed as his bag 3 wood for awhile. I don't have his swing speed but his review was spot on. So easy the hit from tight lies. Distance was good but not as long as my Tee CB pro limited. That thing is a cannon from the tee but I was very inconsistent from the fairway. We have a 535 uphill par 5 and another 520 par 5. I definitely needed a better option for the 250 to 290 yard shots on wet windy days. Give it a go if you are searching for a true off the deck 3 wood

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Adams. Particularly their fairways and hybrids. Currently have the Super LS fairway and hybrid, and XTD fairway and hybrid. I just ebayed the TL ti in 13.5, suspecting too high of a ballflight as the OP indicated.

Taking it out tomorrow. I'll post my findings. It's too bad Adams has gone south. The blue line they put out last year are terrible.

Titleist 917D3 9.5
Titleist 917F2 13.5d
Titleist 818H2 17d. hybrid
Mltizuno JPX-850 forged 4-pw
Scratch 8620 53d..
Odyssey white hot tour #2

I love Adams. Particularly their fairways and hybrids. Currently have the Super LS fairway and hybrid, and XTD fairway and hybrid. I just ebayed the TL ti in 13.5, suspecting too high of a ballflight as the OP indicated.

Taking it out tomorrow. I'll post my findings. It's too bad Adams has gone south. The blue line they put out last year are terrible.

Let me know on the 13.5. I was not getting much roll out at 15* but the carry was solid and so clean off the deck. It was definitely a little high off the tee. I also have the super LS hybrid and it is solid. Been in the bag for about 5 years.

the super ls line is solid. no doubt. After 45 holes I can definitely say this club is stupid easy off the deck. Even a side hill lie was solid. I am sticking with the 15* head for now. off the tee it is definitely too high but from the deck I think its about perfect. Thats were I really need this club. Long Par 5's.

They are now being sold off in the UK at £44 brand new...I might have a look. I had the original Tight Lies from 1997 and it was a great club.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

Gamed the TL ti for the first time this morning. Unfortunately, the conditions were not good. Very cold and windy. I have the 13.5, and chose that purposely considering the head design, I figured it would launch too high at 15 degrees. The ballflight was mid. Not too low or high. Just right really.

The biggest difference over my other Adams fairways was the ease of use from any turf. Even at set-up it just seems like it's going to be easy to hit, and it definitely is.

The head feels pretty solid, but not as solid as either the Super LS or the XTD ti.

The jury's still out on distance. I felt it was certainly shorter than both of my Adams fairways. Quite abit shorter I will need more time as the conditions were so poor today, that it might have just been that.

Titleist 917D3 9.5
Titleist 917F2 13.5d
Scratch 8620 53d..

as a player who has had Adams in the bag for quite a while, its sad to accept i will likely be switching iron manufacturers in a couple seasons

their fairway and hybrids are top notch and until the TM merger, they had easily some of the best irons on the market... actually bought a second set of CMBs because i love them so much

They are now being sold off in the UK at £44 brand new...

Very Interesting. Where do you find them at that price?

Direct Golf are having flash sale until Friday

http://www.directgolf.co.uk/adams-tight-lies-2-ss-fairway-golf-club-879245?colcode=87924591

Radius Classic 8

They are now being sold off in the UK at £44 brand new...

Very Interesting. Where do you find them at that price?

Direct Golf are having flash sale until Friday

http://www.directgol...olcode=87924591

I saw that as well.

BUT

I

MUST

NOT.

I know what you mean...I have to drive pretty close to my nearest Direct Golf tomorrow and am sorely tempted to pop in ;-)

Radius Classic 8

I did some ball testing yesterday with the Adams 3 wood. I dropped all of the balls on the deck from the box. Again it is super easy to hit. Flight is about perfect. When I tee it very low it works as well. Now to be fair it is not the longest fairway wood. I still believe that for me my Tee exotics CB pro limited is the yard stick for me. Off a tee it is almost as long as my driver. it feels good and has a nice sound. At 14.5 it just does not work from the fairway. it reminds me of the old ERC 3 strong. it looks like a mini driver at address. not a fairway wood. thats where it becomes almost useless for me. I would say its at least 15 yards longer than the Adams "IF" I catch it well from the deck. I just don't have the confidence in it. The jury is out as to whether I can give up 15 yards on long par 5's. But I am giving this club at least another month to see how it shakes out. I still may try the 13.5 but I just don't know if it will launch from the deck to maximize distance.

I have the 3 and 5 and can't think of more powerful so easy to control clubs. The prices don't justify how awesome these are. titanium woods.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I'm very interested in these too - have seen the Rick Shiels review of the Ti. How is the Bassara shaft in the Ti performing for everyone? I think the Aldila Blue that comes in the Tight Lies Tour might be a better shaft but I don't like the 'cut out slot' on the crown of the Tight Lies Tour. I'm a strong 3 wood player and use it off the Tee on most holes and am also concerned that some folk are saying it launches too high and looses distance over other 3 woods.

Titleist 915 D2 10.5* Diamana D+
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
Titleist 913H 19* Project X 6.0
Titleist 714 CB 4-PW Nippon Modus 120
Titleist Vokey SM6 52* & 58* Nippon Modus 120
Odyssey ProType 6

for me the bassara shaft holds up just fine. no duck hooks and a fade is easily produced. I can get up to 104 with a 3 wood. Not big but not bad either. I hit 105 several times yesterday. I think the shaft actually helps your SS. i did not feel like I was swinging hard. bassara is a great brand for a lighter shaft option. I would definitely go with the 13.5 if you want to hit this model from the tee more.

I bought the 15* ti model. ..super impressed. I used it on tight driving holes & it is about as long as my driver.Now I'm looking for a 5 wood.

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

It's solid. The jury is out on the distance. Maybe my expectations are out of line. I did not catch it cleanly yesterday on a Par 5. It was 250 to the center. I was about 15 yards out with a simple pitch shot. I can say that I could not game the 13.5 from a tight lie. The launch from the deck is perfect for me with the 15* model. Other than the distance this club does everything else that I want in a 3 wood. Looks great at address to.

I have the Adams XTD ti 15 degree 3 wood. I do ok with it off the deck, but I can see how the soul shape of this club would mentally put you in a better position. My 3-wood off the tee is a beast. I have to catch my driver clean to get by it. Worked on the range today on my lunch hour with my 3 wood and my Adams Pro 20 hybrid, they are so fun to hit. I would love to give the Adams tight lies a try.

i think I have the same model in my garage. it was the silver head version? I have the same problem with that model. Very inconsistent off the deck but a cannon from the tee. my tee exotics CB Pro limited is actually even longer from the tee. 260 to 270 caught clean is reachable. I don't hit my driver much further on a good swing. Oh how I wish that the 2 needed qualities could be combined.

Played my 3rd round today with the TL TI. Still no range time, and the conditions were again not the greatest. About 50 degrees, and very windy.

One thing for absolute sure. This has to be the easiest fairway wood to hit off of any lie. It's downright easy to hit off of the fairway. I didn't think I was hitting it very long after the first time out, but now that I've got it dialed in abit, I would say that while not the longest of the Adams I've stockpiled, it's certainly respectable. I've had the privilege of owning the best fairway woods of all time. In order of succession they are,Kunnan IGS, Callaway vft pro series, Titleist 904f, Mizuno TItanium, Adams super LS, Adams XTD ti, and now the Adams TL ti gains a spot on that list.

Titleist 917D3 9.5
Titleist 917F2 13.5d
Scratch 8620 53d..

• 2 years later...

After watching Rick Shiels demo this club I was very interested. I have 4 other 3 woods that are great from a tee but not consistent off the deck. For me this is a must. So after watching many reviews I gave the Adams TL ti fairway a try. From my first swing until the last it is easily the easiest fairway wood from the deck that I have ever hit. I went with the 15. It launches high so I may need to go to the 13.5

The shaft is light but stable for me. What a great find. Rick actually had it listed as his bag 3 wood for awhile. I don't have his swing speed but his review was spot on. So easy the hit from tight lies. Distance was good but not as long as my Tee CB pro limited. That thing is a cannon from the tee but I was very inconsistent from the fairway. We have a 535 uphill par 5 and another 520 par 5. I definitely needed a better option for the 250 to 290 yard shots on wet windy days. Give it a go if you are searching for a true off the deck 3 wood

What is the shaft you are using/used for this Adams 3 wood?