2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Was 98 degrees when we were in Paso Robles. Drove 1.5 hours to Salinas

where it was 68 degrees. Felt goooooooooooooood...........................It's the

cold ocean temps that keeps the air cool near the NoCal coast.

I've always loved the salty smell of cool ocean air. Lots of memories.........

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Wow, we're all getting older, how did that happen? Every September makes me think of the month when I met Mrs. Sixty in '73.. well, she wasn't Mrs. Sixty then of course. She was a waitress in our restaurant in the town we lived in, and I rented a whole house for $100/month, but I didn't have a fridge yet, so I went out to eat every night, plus I had just met her there too. So I asked her out. So after 2 weeks (2 weeks, it takes some people 2 weeks to decide on golf shoes) we were at the McDonald's parking lot in another town, and I said "Eighteen, we ought to just get married" and she said "Yeah twenty-two" so that was a pretty romantic proposal, and we got married 3 months later, amazing. Good thing we waited 3 years to have kids, we needed a chance to get to know each other :) Twenty-two to sixty-five is like lightning...

If you know you know, you know you know, you know.

Did Q find someone special???

SLED Gemini

Ah, fond memories of talking to myself in the wee hours. I highly

recommend it.

SLED Gemini

This should be hung in the grille eating area, it looks fairly simple but the shadow and colour fading caused a few problems. This was my second oil painting.

https://imgur.com/a/Zb0Zu

Enjoy and don't eat it all at once

Nice!

Now just paint this

GRILLED+SAUSAGE+RING+AND+PAPA+BEAR+OATMEAL+023.JPG

And we can make a heckuva virtual sangwich!

Modifed REO... 'instead you laid still on the grill, all coiled up an sizzlin'....

This should be hung in the grille eating area, it looks fairly simple but the shadow and colour fading caused a few problems. This was my second oil painting.

Nice!

Now just paint this

Modifed REO... 'instead you laid still on the grill, all coiled up an sizzlin'....

Im gonna keep in eating youuuu

Cause its the only thing I wanna doooo

; )

Hey, think the "boss" is making Ziti tonight. Yes!

Nice!

Now just paint this

Unfortunately, it would not last the time it takes. Looks good enough to eat.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Nice!

Now just paint this

Unfortunately, it would not last the time it takes. Looks good enough to eat.

Fuhgedaboudit ; )

Anyone know what my YouTube Flash API is and why it was officially deprecated on January 27, 2015?

I know nothing about tech, but I found this for you,

http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/01/29/goodbye-flash-html5-now-the-default-video-platform-for-youtube/

Goodbye Flash? HTML5 now the default video platform for YouTube

YouTube’s engineering team also said that embedded Flash and Flash APIs are considered “deprecated”, and thus no longer recommended. The correct way to embed a YouTube video into a web page from now on will be to use the <iframe> API.

Traveled to the range to hit a bucket of balls. The wind was howling, the sky was gloomy and rain began to fall 1/2 way through my bucket. Then the rain intensified and the sky turned a soupy green colour. My wife sent me a text telling me to be careful because of a storm coming through the area. Little did she/I know that a tornado was touching down 5 minutes from our house (and 15 minutes from the range). Two twisters hit our area, literally without any significant warning, for the first time since 1974. I was totally oblivious, pounding balls in the pouring rain with lightning flashing in the distance. I actually joked with two gents who were next to me that we'd be thinking of this day when the winter hit and we couldn't get outside to play anymore.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Traveled to the range to hit a bucket of balls. The wind was howling, the sky was gloomy and rain began to fall 1/2 way through my bucket. Then the rain intensified and the sky turned a soupy green colour. My wife sent me a text telling me to be careful because of a storm coming through the area. Little did she/I know that a tornado was touching down 5 minutes from our house (and 15 minutes from the range). Two twisters hit our area, literally without any significant warning, for the first time since 1974. I was totally oblivious, pounding balls in the pouring rain with lightning flashing in the distance. I actually joked with two gents who were next to me that we'd be thinking of this day when the winter hit and we couldn't get outside to play anymore.

Stay safe PD and keep your head down!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Anyone know what my YouTube Flash API is and why it was officially deprecated on January 27, 2015?

Depreciated how, price? Quality? Video length? Access? Will ask my son who is more likely to know than me. Not home for another 6 hours though.

Depreciated how, price? Quality? Video length? Access? Will ask my son who is more likely to know than me. Not home for another 6 hours though.

Question answered, all good. Back to sleep.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Many people report a green sky when a tornado is near. The phenomenon has been

investigated and so far no answers to date that I know. Despite the danger it is pretty

cool that you got to see the green sky.

SLED Gemini

investigated and so far no answers to date that I know. Despite the danger it is pretty

Yes sir, the sky will turn green. The return on the radar will show a hook echo. It'll look like a backwards J. Most often it's at the leading edge of the storm. If you see a return on the radar of a line of storms that look like a backwards C, Those will be straight line winds. Depending on the dew point and differences in temperature of the impending cold front, those squaw lines will have hook echoes jutting out from them. That's a potential tornado and straight lines winds. That's why you here weathermen waiting to hear if damage was caused by one or the other.

I've been through a few. Most recent close call was March 13, 2006. We went to the basement. It's often reported that it sounds like a freight train. Confirmed. We had two that evening. The first started west of town and went back up in the sky 4 blocks northwest of us. The second dropped down two blocks southeast and took a path ENE and tore up a pretty good chunk of the city.

That was the most recent close call. We get tornado warnings in the county every year. Most people around here are very aware.

Yes sir, the sky will turn green. The return on the radar will show a hook echo. It'll look like a backwards J. Most often it's at the leading edge of the storm. If you see a return on the radar of a line of storms that look like a backwards C, Those will be straight line winds. Depending on the dew point and differences in temperature of the impending cold front, those squaw lines will have hook echoes jutting out from them. That's a potential tornado and straight lines winds. That's why you here weathermen waiting to hear if damage was caused by one or the other.

I've been through a few. Most recent close call was March 13, 2006. We went to the basement. It's often reported that it sounds like a freight train. Confirmed. We had two that evening. The first started west of town and went back up in the sky 4 blocks northwest of us. The second dropped down two blocks southeast and took a path ENE and tore up a pretty good chunk of the city.

That was the most recent close call. We get tornado warnings in the county every year. Most people around here are very aware.

Ya, we live pretty close to the warning siren. It's LOUD, lol. I've only actually

seen one tornado in real life. It was in Texas. We took pics and posed in front

of it, lol. I wish I had them but they were in another person's camera and I

only saw them and never got copies.

The tornado was going parallel to the direction we were going so we felt safe.

We just pulled off onto the road shoulder and watched it for what seemed like

a long time though it probably wasn't. I guessed it was maybe only a mile or so

from us though it's hard to be sure. It was in open country in the boonies.

SLED Gemini

Ya, we live pretty close to the warning siren. It's LOUD, lol. I've only actually

seen one tornado in real life. It was in Texas. We took pics and posed in front

of it, lol. I wish I had them but they were in another person's camera and I

only saw them and never got copies.

The tornado was going parallel to the direction we were going so we felt safe.

We just pulled off onto the road shoulder and watched it for what seemed like

a long time though it probably wasn't. I guessed it was maybe only a mile or so

from us though it's hard to be sure. It was in open country in the boonies.

Illinois is flat as flat can be. I've seen a handful on the ground but they were miles away. I've seen funnel clouds spin over my head several times but nothing that dropped down. If you watch video of one forming they often look like they form in the clouds and on the ground then meet in the middle. A,lot of the color that defines them comes from debris on the ground.

Lol. Just thinking about a green sky gets my heart beating. Animals can feel the change in air pressure. Dogs will go nuts. They sense the danger. It's like the horses that ran for the hills before the giant tidal wave overseas. Now, us humans are self-aware and have conscious control. That's why we analyze potential danger instead of running from it. Its also why we're terrible golfers. We think we can completely control our bodies making thousands of micro moves swinging a club 100 mph in one second.

Lmao. Gimmie a break.

Keep your head still, turn back, turn through, shift your weight, flatten your wrist, post up on your front leg, hold the lag, let it release, elbow in your belly button, zipper away, feel ain't real, stop your arms when you stop your shoulders, squat.........

....all in one second. Think about it. LOL.

How do I segue tornadoes into golf? I'm a complete obsessive nutjob. Guess that's why I'm a Wrxer. :dntknw: :crazy:

A green sky where we are means golf ball sized hail.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thankfully no tornadoes here, I have seen a couple waterspouts through. Nothing crazy though, our worries are Typhoons and Earthquakes. We a had a pretty good earthquake a couple weeks ago, just a short 20 second one. Still scary every single time though.

I need glasses, I could've swore the "Don't Miss" bar at the top of the webpage said," The Importance of Flatulence in the Downswing" LOL I was like whaaaaaaa, I'm great at that!! :stinker: :D

Thankfully no tornadoes here, I have seen a couple waterspouts through. Nothing crazy though, our worries are Typhoons and Earthquakes. We a had a pretty good earthquake a couple weeks ago, just a short 20 second one. Still scary every single time though.

I need glasses, I could've swore the "Don't Miss" bar at the top of the webpage said," The Importance of Flatulence in the Downswing" LOL I was like whaaaaaaa, I'm great at that!! :stinker: :D

Never do it, the gas makes you lighter on the scales if you keep it in.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Nice!

Now just paint this

'I'm gonna keep on eating you

It's the only thing I want to do

With peppers and some cheese

I just want to keep on eating you'

Oh my, I just visited the "An inside takeaway" thread. If I tried half of what was said on that thread I would whiff. Pretty strange that golfers don't realize that different thoughts and keys produce different results for different players. I'm kind of glad that I have developed my own swing over the years and don't really follow outside influences besides occasional experiments based usually on what I see in person on tour. I mainly use the ladies tournament at our CC as my yearly refresher training.

Round of golf this morning, could not have been more diverse. Started with 3 triples, then a birdie, then par followed by another triple.

This was the way the entire round went. All in all had some really good shots, drives irons and chipping. All over the place with putting, some good long range 20ft plus then missed two six inch putts.

Positives, was on the golf course, ground staff had done a brilliant job, weather was perfect. Short irons working well. Went home feeling good, enjoyable morning.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Round of golf this morning, could not have been more diverse. Started with 3 triples, then a birdie, then par followed by another triple.

This was the way the entire round went. All in all had some really good shots, drives irons and chipping. All over the place with putting, some good long range 20ft plus then missed two six inch putts.

Positives, was on the golf course, ground staff had done a brilliant job, weather was perfect. Short irons working well. Went home feeling good, enjoyable morning.

I love/hate rounds like that. A bunch of holes you play like you could shoot a 74, and a bunch of holes like you could shoot an 86. For any low/mid cap the elusive thing is consistency...how do you reproduce that flushed contact swing over and over?

Oh my, I just visited the "An inside takeaway" thread. If I tried half of what was said on that thread I would whiff. Pretty strange that golfers don't realize that different thoughts and keys produce different results for different players. I'm kind of glad that I have developed my own swing over the years and don't really follow outside influences besides occasional experiments based usually on what I see in person on tour. I mainly use the ladies tournament at our CC as my yearly refresher training.

I haven't checked it out, but it always occurs to me just how many "factors" come into play. If your takeaway is on plane to begin with, how much you actually attempt to take it outside, or inside, how effective you are.... blah, blah, blah...

It's odd to me how committed peeps get to swing thoughts. Try it on. Maybe you don't like it. Throw it away. A couple weeks go bye, try it again.

Best wishes to all of those dining in the clubhouse on this west coast north american morning. Some of you may recall the big match play tournament our local CC hosts that I played last year. Longest running in our great nation at 85+ years. Starts next week and I'm gearing up again, although less optimistic than last year... oh well. It will be fun, and that's what matters.

So Gus was chuckling during his break this morning, finally asked him why... he said he joined a Grilling website forum, much like this one.. and he told us about some of the Forum categories and posts:

General Grill Talk

Did you ever hit someone with your spatula?

I finally broke an eggshell!

Craziest thing you’ve ever found in the fridge?

My buddy grilled a birdie- a crow!

Instruction and Academy

Are my pancakes too flat?

Help me follow through to the plate

Is my pre-grill routine losing customers?

Equipment

Pans- Let’s see ‘em

Best cutlery comes from Sweden

Meatballs-does it matter which ones you use?

Wanted To Buy

Jenn-Air gas range, new model only, send me pic, under $100?

Chef hat, preferably new

Rules of Grilling and Etiquette

Simmering and soon sipping soup and stirring same spoon... sassy or insidious?

Sneeze while grilling alone, is it OK?

Should the Royal RG&E update their cookbook?

And that is 'IT'.

Nice.

So Gus was chuckling during his break this morning, finally asked him why... he said he joined a Grilling website forum, much like this one.. and he told us about some of the Forum categories and posts:

General Grill Talk

Did you ever hit someone with your spatula?

I finally broke an eggshell!

Craziest thing you’ve ever found in the fridge?

My buddy grilled a birdie- a crow!

Instruction and Academy

Are my pancakes too flat?

Help me follow through to the plate

Is my pre-grill routine losing customers?

Equipment

Pans- Let’s see ‘em

Best cutlery comes from Sweden

Meatballs-does it matter which ones you use?

Wanted To Buy

Jenn-Air gas range, new model only, send me pic, under $100?

Chef hat, preferably new

Rules of Grilling and Etiquette

Simmering and sipping soup and reusing same spoon... sassy or insidious?

Sneeze while grilling alone, is it OK?

Should the Royal RG&E update their cookbook?

How much smash factor is needed for mashed potatoes? (how much smash factor should be needed to eliminate the mashed potato yellers?)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)