2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I know this may seem crazy, but, today it’s 75f and I am running for the warm clothes. After being up around the high 90s for weeks including yesterday it’s a shock to the system. ☃️

• Like 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @tolmij said:

> I know this may seem crazy, but, today it’s 75f and I am running for the warm clothes. After being up around the high 90s for weeks including yesterday it’s a shock to the system. ☃️

Reminds me of the south Floridians.......when the temp drops below 80 they're puttin' on layers.

I'm afraid that I don't have the patience to fiddle with my food the way those guys do. ISTM to be a way of turning Jamie's 15 minute meals into a half day production! :lol:

• Like 1

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @scotee said:

> > Anybody hungry? Here's what's on tonights Grille menu. These guys are hilarious and do a great job of promoting Sou Vide and especially beef. It's what's for dinner.

> >

>

> Wow, what did he use to to sear that with? I haven't seen that before. Maybe I'm living a sheltered

> cooking life. I love flank steak

Here ya go Rad. Flame thrower. The idea is that the water bath perfectly cooks the meat. Further heat on a grill or pan could over cook it in the searing process. The torch quickly does the surface without cooking the inside. It actually works very well.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5oW_LNbA8

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > Anybody hungry? Here's what's on tonights Grille menu. These guys are hilarious and do a great job of promoting Sou Vide and especially beef. It's what's for dinner.

> > >

> >

> > Wow, what did he use to to sear that with? I haven't seen that before. Maybe I'm living a sheltered

> > cooking life. I love flank steak

>

> Here ya go Rad. Flame thrower. The idea is that the water bath perfectly cooks the meat. Further heat on a grill or pan could over cook it in the searing process. The torch quickly does the surface without cooking the inside. It actually works very well.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5oW_LNbA8

Thanks @scotee The learning never stops in the Grille!

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > I know this may seem crazy, but, today it’s 75f and I am running for the warm clothes. After being up around the high 90s for weeks including yesterday it’s a shock to the system. ☃️

>

> Reminds me of the south Floridians.......when the temp drops below 80 they're puttin' on layers.

When we were first talking about moving to Australia it was summer in the UK and I made some comment about the temperature, it was 73 at the time, when DW said you will find that cold in Queensland I did not believe her, have been reminded of that conversation many times.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > Anybody hungry? Here's what's on tonights Grille menu. These guys are hilarious and do a great job of promoting Sou Vide and especially beef. It's what's for dinner.

> > >

> >

> > Wow, what did he use to to sear that with? I haven't seen that before. Maybe I'm living a sheltered

> > cooking life. I love flank steak

>

> Here ya go Rad. Flame thrower. The idea is that the water bath perfectly cooks the meat. Further heat on a grill or pan could over cook it in the searing process. The torch quickly does the surface without cooking the inside. It actually works very well.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5oW_LNbA8

Searing the outside of meat gives it a lovely caramelised taste, we like to do it for a few seconds in a very hot pan with a very small drizzle of olive oil.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > @scotee said:

> > > > Anybody hungry? Here's what's on tonights Grille menu. These guys are hilarious and do a great job of promoting Sou Vide and especially beef. It's what's for dinner.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Wow, what did he use to to sear that with? I haven't seen that before. Maybe I'm living a sheltered

> > > cooking life. I love flank steak

> >

> > Here ya go Rad. Flame thrower. The idea is that the water bath perfectly cooks the meat. Further heat on a grill or pan could over cook it in the searing process. The torch quickly does the surface without cooking the inside. It actually works very well.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5oW_LNbA8

>

> Searing the outside of meat gives it a lovely caramelised taste, we like to do it for a few seconds in a very hot pan with a very small drizzle of olive oil.

Interesting contraption. But it's a bit pricey for what it does. Don't think the Mrs. would allow me to blow torch the meat in the kitchen. Heck, she thinks I'm going to burn the house down when using a torch to remove a clubhead from a shaft at the putzing bench.

Think I've mentioned that I've developed a thing for scrounging around for vintage cast iron cookware. Last fall, found a really great shape vintage Wagner #10 fry pan. All crudded up, but striped it off and re-seasoned the pan. Works great for putting a fast sear on meat and chicken. Make fajitas with it semi-regularly. I'm the only one that uses it, it's heavy as hel(l).

TFP the Carne Asada vid. Saved for future reference. Like the marinade recipe they concocted. But would have to cook the meat beyond rare as depicted, no one in the fam would eat it except me. I would more than likely cook the meat on the grill. Gone back to using charcoal for grillin' almost exclusively. After using a gas grill for a long time (still available for use). I've had a Weber Kettle forever, but it finally wore out. Bought a new one just before Christmas, seasonal inventory close out. It's integrated into a cart with side table, very convenient. Been using it at the end of the garage all winter. Become reacquainted with the reverse sear technique, zone cooking. Cook steaks off to the side to 10* short of the desired temp for doneness. Then move them directly over the coals for that last minute sear on both sides. Works great. Hickory chips added near the end for some smoke enhancement.

Many excellent grills out there these days. Really was interested in the Komodo types (Big Green Egg). But they were expensive relative to the amount of cook surface real estate they offer. And heavy. I have a tendency to move a grill around for storage and use. The various pellet grills (Traegar) available were interesting. But the mechanical nature of self loading the pellets made me nervous, especially at lower price points. Reached the conclusion that one could not beat a Weber for functionality, versatility and price.

Grilled up some chicken on Sunday past. Using my goto favorite Alabama White bbq sauce for basting. Then on the side at the table. Kinda like Big Bob Gibson's sauce with additional ingredients. Lately, trying to create a just right Carolina style vinegar based sauce. Haven't got that one nailed down quite yet. Thinking I need to use a better grade of vinegar in the recipe. I enjoy messing around concocting different bbq sauces. Homemade >> store bought.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Interesting article on the WRX front page yesterday about wedge shafts by Terry Koehler. Many of us have gone to lighter shafts and/or graphite in our irons. But continue to play with the wedge shaft installed in OTR wedges. A relabeled S400. A shaft that I would never use in my irons, to heavy and tip stiff. Have been sensing that my wedges have become ponderous in hand lately, especially for less than full swing shots. Those delicate chips and pitches from around the green.

TK advocates that we should be using a wedge shaft that weighs no more than one oz. (28g.) over what is installed in one's irons. In order to have a "seamless transition" in the scoring clubs. Has some logic to it IMHO. As I've switched over to LW graphites this year, should be looking at wedge shafts ~100 grams. Need to order some supplies from GW, think I'll order in a Nippon 950 (S) to stick in a wedge to test. (Unfortunately, not one LW .355 in inventory.)

Guilty as the next in evaluating head and sole shapes for wedge preferences. Maybe the key with playability is in the shaft.

• Like 1

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > > @scotee said:

> > > > > Anybody hungry? Here's what's on tonights Grille menu. These guys are hilarious and do a great job of promoting Sou Vide and especially beef. It's what's for dinner.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Wow, what did he use to to sear that with? I haven't seen that before. Maybe I'm living a sheltered

> > > > cooking life. I love flank steak

> > >

> > > Here ya go Rad. Flame thrower. The idea is that the water bath perfectly cooks the meat. Further heat on a grill or pan could over cook it in the searing process. The torch quickly does the surface without cooking the inside. It actually works very well.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5oW_LNbA8

> >

> > Searing the outside of meat gives it a lovely caramelised taste, we like to do it for a few seconds in a very hot pan with a very small drizzle of olive oil.

>

> Interesting contraption. But it's a bit pricey for what it does. Don't think the Mrs. would allow me to blow torch the meat in the kitchen. Heck, she thinks I'm going to burn the house down when using a torch to remove a clubhead from a shaft at the putzing bench.

>

> Think I've mentioned that I've developed a thing for scrounging around for vintage cast iron cookware. Last fall, found a really great shape vintage Wagner #10 fry pan. All crudded up, but striped it off and re-seasoned the pan. Works great for putting a fast sear on meat and chicken. Make fajitas with it semi-regularly. I'm the only one that uses it, it's heavy as hel(l).

>

> TFP the Carne Asada vid. Saved for future reference. Like the marinade recipe they concocted. But would have to cook the meat beyond rare as depicted, no one in the fam would eat it except me. I would more than likely cook the meat on the grill. Gone back to using charcoal for grillin' almost exclusively. After using a gas grill for a long time (still available for use). I've had a Weber Kettle forever, but it finally wore out. Bought a new one just before Christmas, seasonal inventory close out. It's integrated into a cart with side table, very convenient. Been using it at the end of the garage all winter. Become reacquainted with the reverse sear technique, zone cooking. Cook steaks off to the side to 10* short of the desired temp for doneness. Then move them directly over the coals for that last minute sear on both sides. Works great. Hickory chips added near the end for some smoke enhancement.

>

> Many excellent grills out there these days. Really was interested in the Komodo types (Big Green Egg). But they were expensive relative to the amount of cook surface real estate they offer. And heavy. I have a tendency to move a grill around for storage and use. The various pellet grills (Traegar) available were interesting. But the mechanical nature of self loading the pellets made me nervous, especially at lower price points. Reached the conclusion that one could not beat a Weber for functionality, versatility and price.

>

> Grilled up some chicken on Sunday past. Using my goto favorite Alabama White bbq sauce for basting. Then on the side at the table. Kinda like Big Bob Gibson's sauce with additional ingredients. Lately, trying to create a just right Carolina style vinegar based sauce. Haven't got that one nailed down quite yet. Thinking I need to use a better grade of vinegar in the recipe. I enjoy messing around concocting different bbq sauces. Homemade >> store bought.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

In a previouse life I did a course at a catering college, all the pans were cast iron, they were just wiped out before next using them as if they were washed it would mean proving them again. Brilliant to use, difficult to burn and always spreads the heat over the complete pan. We only have one cast iron pan, dry old and easy to use.

Sounds as if you would get on welll with my DW, always messing with recipes changing things around, produces some out of this world tastes.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Beautiful sunrise taking place. Temperatures supposed to be close to 60 today,and i have the

clubs ready for 18. Old shoes waterproofed,which means that my feet will be soaked by the turn,lightweight

wind breaker,winter gloves. Ready to go. The old green John Deere hat,because it is warm.

hope you guys can get out today and enjoy !

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Phew, long night last night with DW. She came home at 3:30 with a chest pain, and we went to the ER. Got checked, they were so busy they first did an XX-ray, EKG, and some preliminary work and we had to stay in the waiting area. They finally had a room for her at 6:00 PM. Got her back for a CT scan, hooked her up to all the typical things, did blood work every hour. By the time we got out at 12:00, yes that's 12:00, they determined she probably had pulled a muscle near her heart on the left side. She's a trooper though, she went to work this morning anyway (have I mentioned I love her?)

• Like 2

@Fellaheen51 agree 100% on the use of cast iron pans/cookware. We have several and nothing beats the cast iron skillet for putting a good sear on. My method is to preheat the pan until it's smoking, sear each side for two minutes and finish off in the oven at 375°F. Depending upon thickness of meat can achieve our preferred medium rare every time.

AS for grills, #2 son uses a charcoal Weber like you describe. It takes a while to cook getting the coals ready, but the results are wonderful with that smokey wood flavour that you just can't get with a gas grill.

I use a gas grill at home for convenience. Same with the bottled sauces and prepared rubs for the various dishes I like to make. Found this independent supplier a few years ago in Clearwater. I met [Pirate Johnny](https://piratejonnys.com/ "Pirate Johnny") at an open air market in Dunedin one year during spring training. He offers a really wonderful selection of Caribbean inspired rubs and sauces with my two favourites being Cajun seasoning (for chicken or fish) and Sweet Island rub (for pork).

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Phew, long night last night with DW. She came home at 3:30 with a chest pain, and we went to the ER. Got checked, they were so busy they first did an XX-ray, EKG, and some preliminary work and we had to stay in the waiting area. They finally had a room for her at 6:00 PM. Got her back for a CT scan, hooked her up to all the typical things, did blood work every hour. By the time we got out at 12:00, yes that's 12:00, they determined she probably had pulled a muscle near her heart on the left side. She's a trooper though, she went to work this morning anyway (have I mentioned I love her?)

You tell DW from me, look after herself, it’s OK being a trooper but sometimes reality has to step in and take over, as with most of us in the Grille age is catching up on us and we have to be a trooper wearing kid gloves. Happy for you both nothing is seriously wrong and the time even though it seems forever, at least they kept her there and did a full check up. We all know you ❤️ her, and you should, they are always our better half so should be adored.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @billh17 said:

> Beautiful sunrise taking place. Temperatures supposed to be close to 60 today,and i have the

> clubs ready for 18. Old shoes waterproofed,which means that my feet will be soaked by the turn,lightweight

> wind breaker,winter gloves. Ready to go. The old green John Deere hat,because it is warm.

> hope you guys can get out today and enjoy !

A beautiful sunrise, the start of a new day, the anticipation of things to come, that’s what we wake up for in the morning. We look out of our window, see the neighbours horse, dogs and chickens roaming around, the occaisionaly kangaroo, scrub turkeys and other wildlife. Life’s good.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> Anybody hungry? Here's what's on tonights Grille menu. These guys are hilarious and do a great job of promoting Sou Vide and especially beef. It's what's for dinner.

>

Are you hungry was your question? Yes! And I was kind of not going to have breakfast, bzzzzt-wrong. That video definitely turns my taste buds into a choir this morning singing 'At Least Give Us Eggs'... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Interesting article on the WRX front page yesterday about wedge shafts by Terry Koehler. Many of us have gone to lighter shafts and/or graphite in our irons. But continue to play with the wedge shaft installed in OTR wedges. A relabeled S400. A shaft that I would never use in my irons, to heavy and tip stiff. Have been sensing that my wedges have become ponderous in hand lately, especially for less than full swing shots. Those delicate chips and pitches from around the green.

>

> TK advocates that we should be using a wedge shaft that weighs no more than one oz. (28g.) over what is installed in one's irons. In order to have a "seamless transition" in the scoring clubs. Has some logic to it IMHO. As I've switched over to LW graphites this year, should be looking at wedge shafts ~100 grams. Need to order some supplies from GW, think I'll order in a Nippon 950 (S) to stick in a wedge to test. (Unfortunately, not one LW .355 in inventory.)

>

> Guilty as the next in evaluating head and sole shapes for wedge preferences. Maybe the key with playability is in the shaft.

Paderson makes a wedge specific graphite shaft -- [Paderson KINETIXX TS-W .355" Wedge Shaft](http:// "Paderson KINETIXX TS-W .355" Wedge Shaft") -- that could be a candidate, especially for a new build. Kind of pricey, but if one wants consistency in the bag with graphite shafted irons then they just might be the ticket especially when you can get them in R flex. I had thought about picking up a pair for my Vokeys (if I end up keeping them) to replace the stock S200's.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > Interesting article on the WRX front page yesterday about wedge shafts by Terry Koehler. Many of us have gone to lighter shafts and/or graphite in our irons. But continue to play with the wedge shaft installed in OTR wedges. A relabeled S400. A shaft that I would never use in my irons, to heavy and tip stiff. Have been sensing that my wedges have become ponderous in hand lately, especially for less than full swing shots. Those delicate chips and pitches from around the green.

> >

> > TK advocates that we should be using a wedge shaft that weighs no more than one oz. (28g.) over what is installed in one's irons. In order to have a "seamless transition" in the scoring clubs. Has some logic to it IMHO. As I've switched over to LW graphites this year, should be looking at wedge shafts ~100 grams. Need to order some supplies from GW, think I'll order in a Nippon 950 (S) to stick in a wedge to test. (Unfortunately, not one LW .355 in inventory.)

> >

> > Guilty as the next in evaluating head and sole shapes for wedge preferences. Maybe the key with playability is in the shaft.

>

> Paderson makes a wedge specific graphite shaft -- [Paderson KINETIXX TS-W .355" Wedge Shaft](http:// "Paderson KINETIXX TS-W .355" Wedge Shaft") -- that could be a candidate, especially for a new build. Kind of pricey, but if one wants consistency in the bag with graphite shafted irons then they just might be the ticket especially when you can get them in R flex. I had thought about picking up a pair for my Vokeys (if I end up keeping them) to replace the stock S200's.

Might be a good idea. I'm keeping my Vokeys. I just like the way they perform. Even though I got them probably 20 years ago, they still don't show wear like one would expect.

• Like 2

And on that note of the Vokeys, I've become convinced that older clubs is the way to go. Nothing against anyone who buys or wants to buy new ones, I'm just talking about the way I perceive clubs compared to the way I used to. Seems to me as the new model season approaches, the club manufacturers are tripping over each other with partial pics of their latest pretty offerings of new designs which will make your game so much better in this way or that way, when they're not even on the market yet for Joe-Schmoe to even have tried them. It doesn't matter to me what some testing lab, or some Metal McScmettal did with them in advance of release date, I want to hear what Gus Jones did with them at Fairview Golf Course, or Bud Smith at Valley View Links.

I already have the history of older clubs... hahaha

• Like 1

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > Interesting article on the WRX front page yesterday about wedge shafts by Terry Koehler. Many of us have gone to lighter shafts and/or graphite in our irons. But continue to play with the wedge shaft installed in OTR wedges. A relabeled S400. A shaft that I would never use in my irons, to heavy and tip stiff. Have been sensing that my wedges have become ponderous in hand lately, especially for less than full swing shots. Those delicate chips and pitches from around the green.

> > >

> > > TK advocates that we should be using a wedge shaft that weighs no more than one oz. (28g.) over what is installed in one's irons. In order to have a "seamless transition" in the scoring clubs. Has some logic to it IMHO. As I've switched over to LW graphites this year, should be looking at wedge shafts ~100 grams. Need to order some supplies from GW, think I'll order in a Nippon 950 (S) to stick in a wedge to test. (Unfortunately, not one LW .355 in inventory.)

> > >

> > > Guilty as the next in evaluating head and sole shapes for wedge preferences. Maybe the key with playability is in the shaft.

> >

> > Paderson makes a wedge specific graphite shaft -- [Paderson KINETIXX TS-W .355" Wedge Shaft](http:// "Paderson KINETIXX TS-W .355" Wedge Shaft") -- that could be a candidate, especially for a new build. Kind of pricey, but if one wants consistency in the bag with graphite shafted irons then they just might be the ticket especially when you can get them in R flex. I had thought about picking up a pair for my Vokeys (if I end up keeping them) to replace the stock S200's.

>

> Might be a good idea. I'm keeping my Vokeys. I just like the way they perform. Even though I got them probably 20 years ago, they still don't show wear like one would expect.

A lot of what has gone on over the past 9 months or so club wise has been predicated on a couple of things. #1, I've changed as a result of this back injury/condition. #2, I thought I had a market for my front line bag at a good price so I began to think about putting together a back-up bag that would work for my current reality yet be cheap enough that if i didn't play much it wouldn't matter.

Perhaps I shouldn't have done anything until the picture was clearer. That would have been the sensible thing to do, but since when have I become sensible during a whole winters worth of idleness?

At this point I have some ideas, but I'll probably do my best to restrain myself as we will be playing soon enough and I will hopefully have more solid info to go on.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> And on that note of the Vokeys, I've become convinced that older clubs is the way to go. Nothing against anyone who buys or wants to buy new ones, I'm just talking about the way I perceive clubs compared to the way I used to. Seems to me as the new model season approaches, the club manufacturers are tripping over each other with partial pics of their latest pretty offerings of new designs which will make your game so much better in this way or that way, when they're not even on the market yet for Joe-Schmoe to even have tried them. It doesn't matter to me what some testing lab, or some Metal McScmettal did with them in advance of release date, I want to hear what Gus Jones did with them at Fairview Golf Course, or Bud Smith at Valley View Links.

> I already have the history of older clubs... hahaha

This maybe because my most recent playing experience or should I say regular playing experience was with older gear that I can certainly appreciate where you're coming from Sixty. Playing 20 year old forged players irons will do that to you as my last full season of play was with a set of 1998 vintage Hogan Apex Plus in the bag. Even the driver that I was using is antique by modern standards with the shorter and heft TM R7 425.

When I went into the local golf big box store and waggled various clubs in hand they didn't seem to be particularly substantial. About the only thing with heft was the price tag!

Will the new stuff make me a better player? Probably not, but it might make it a bit easier to play and that's about all I would hope for at this juncture. All of these questions will get answered in due course.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Glad all is ok with the lady Sixty. Those type s of events always slap us in the face because there is

nothing we can do to protect them,or prevent it from happening. A feeling of helplessness for a while

is difficult to deal with. Hang in there !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> Glad all is ok with the lady Sixty. Those type s of events always slap us in the face because there is

> nothing we can do to protect them,or prevent it from happening. A feeling of helplessness for a while

> is difficult to deal with. Hang in there !

When the doctor finally came in, a very lovely lady from India, she started asking her questions about her health habits. The typical ones, do you drink, smoke, do you exercise at all? By that time my DW was quite tired but she said 'yes, well I work out, I do run' and the doc said 'well perhaps at your age you've overdone it, did you just start this?' and I laughed and said 'let me help, she works at the Y, she has swam 50 miles since January, she runs 5K's and half marathons, and last year she was Ohio's Triathlon Champ for women in her age category, she'll represent the state in August.' So the doc said 'Oh my, well dear congratulations, I see I could have saved some questions' and she smiled... she was a wonderful doctor.

• Like 2

So the Masters starts 2 weeks from tomorrow. That's pretty cool being retired, the opportunity to view it Thursday and Friday, I think. I was checking out live coverage those two days, and it says Masters.com I wonder if that means on computer only, and if it's free or if there's a fee. Sure would be nice to see live those days.

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > Interesting article on the WRX front page yesterday about wedge shafts by Terry Koehler. Many of us have gone to lighter shafts and/or graphite in our irons. But continue to play with the wedge shaft installed in OTR wedges. A relabeled S400. A shaft that I would never use in my irons, to heavy and tip stiff. Have been sensing that my wedges have become ponderous in hand lately, especially for less than full swing shots. Those delicate chips and pitches from around the green.

> >

> > TK advocates that we should be using a wedge shaft that weighs no more than one oz. (28g.) over what is installed in one's irons. In order to have a "seamless transition" in the scoring clubs. Has some logic to it IMHO. As I've switched over to LW graphites this year, should be looking at wedge shafts ~100 grams. Need to order some supplies from GW, think I'll order in a Nippon 950 (S) to stick in a wedge to test. (Unfortunately, not one LW .355 in inventory.)

> >

> > Guilty as the next in evaluating head and sole shapes for wedge preferences. Maybe the key with playability is in the shaft.

>

> Paderson makes a wedge specific graphite shaft -- [Paderson KINETIXX TS-W .355" Wedge Shaft](http:// "Paderson KINETIXX TS-W .355" Wedge Shaft") -- that could be a candidate, especially for a new build. Kind of pricey, but if one wants consistency in the bag with graphite shafted irons then they just might be the ticket especially when you can get them in R flex. I had thought about picking up a pair for my Vokeys (if I end up keeping them) to replace the stock S200's.

Those are quite expensive. And falls outside of the weight parameters TK was advocating. The shaft weight in the irons, including PW and GW, is ~73g. Given my circumstances (not affliction related), not sure if I need to go graphite in wedges (SW and/or Lob). Steel at ~100g with a softer tip but with bit of backbone (S flex) might be more in order. Particularly on less than full swings, muscling a shot out of sand. If I'm wanting to lighten up across the bag, makes sense to consider alternatives in the wedges as well. Plus, one could also consider the 8 iron shaft into a wedge trick (Tiger stepping) to increase spin. Big IDK to all of this. Like I'm actually good enough to realize differences.

Went outside to waggle the SW. Dam(n), it's feeling heavy this morning. Now this stuff is in my head.

• Like 1

> @SixtySomePing said:

> So the Masters starts 2 weeks from tomorrow. That's pretty cool being retired, the opportunity to view it Thursday and Friday, I think. I was checking out live coverage those two days, and it says Masters.com I wonder if that means on computer only, and if it's free or if there's a fee. Sure would be nice to see live those days.

Indeed. I always thought of the Masters as sort of the official start of the golf season for those of us in the northern tier whether courses were open or not as they soon would be. It was a hint that it was time to dust off the clubs and go outside and give them a swing.

It's funny, but I get about as much enjoyment out of watching the par 3 competition and the chip, putt and drive contest as I do from the actual tournament.

Not sure how I'm going to feel about the actual broadcast with Johnny Miller no longer adding his point-of-view. Can't say that I'm much of a fan of Sir Nick and all the contrived drama that others try and create.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> So the Masters starts 2 weeks from tomorrow. That's pretty cool being retired, the opportunity to view it Thursday and Friday, I think. I was checking out live coverage those two days, and it says Masters.com I wonder if that means on computer only, and if it's free or if there's a fee. Sure would be nice to see live those days.

We're good. Live coverage on ESPN Thursday and Friday. Additional steaming features (Wednesday's Par 3) on Masters.com

https://www.pga.com/events/masters/masters-2019-scores-tv-schedule-and-live-stream-links-augusta-national

• Like 2

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > So the Masters starts 2 weeks from tomorrow. That's pretty cool being retired, the opportunity to view it Thursday and Friday, I think. I was checking out live coverage those two days, and it says Masters.com I wonder if that means on computer only, and if it's free or if there's a fee. Sure would be nice to see live those days.

>

> We're good. Live coverage on ESPN Thursday and Friday. Additional steaming features (Wednesday's Par 3) on Masters.com

>

> https://www.pga.com/events/masters/masters-2019-scores-tv-schedule-and-live-stream-links-augusta-national

>

>

Oh yes, thank you, that's what I was looking for and couldn't find. I'm in senior moment training and I have terrific instructors

:)

• Like 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)