Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

LOL, great stuff Judge. I should clarify. I misspoke about my "holding off". It's a "feel" of not flipping; which

feels like holding off but isn't in the sense of holding the face open or keeping the toe of the club at bay,

Ah, these terms...…………...I should leave them alone and use plain English, lol.

Sure didn't mean to dissect your shaft lean in a way that made is sound all wrong my friend. Totally wasn't my intent - I promise. lol

Was actually fulfilling a promise to Fella more than anything. He's panning for gold as he moves from a trustier grip to maybe the wrists to other stepping stones. Just wanted to give him some "go-to" tricks and techniques to shorten the learning curve a little - as he navigates and tries out different options.

Looking back on it - I pulled that famous I&A stunt where one guy asserted something or made an observation and the next thing you know along comes the "smartest man in the room" blowing his post to shreds. Sorry my friend. I got lost in the moment there!

It’s the responsibility of yourself and Big Stu to keep us in check, go for it. One of these days we may take notice.

I ain't a swing guru or instructor--- Now if you want clubs built and tuned then that is my department

What Grille members don’t realise is the attitude displayed changed the mental being of other members, all too often I have stopped posting on line because of negative attitudes. My painting is a point to mention, since I have been posting them on line I have more confidence in myself, on one forum I would comment on the subject and how it felt to me, received many negative comments saying I did not understand the subject, but understanding the subject is personal, it’s an extension of how you view life itself.

So how does this relate to the Grille and Grillers?

The attitude to golf by such as yourself Stu, has made me think about other things I am involved in, painting for me in particular. The attitude just hit the damn ball struck a chord in my brain cavity as all too often we tend to overthink things and possibly not try something that could be a success, painting a horse for instance, many a time I have looked at a horse subject and turned it down because it’s a very subtle being, it’s muscular lines are perfect and to me it’s a noble beast, so to paint it and make a bad job would be an insult to such a magnificent animal. That’s just me, I have destroyed many paintings because they were not as I would like them.

Relate all this back to yourself Stu, the last time my wife said this is a good subject try it, I said to myself why not, just hit the damn thing it will work or it will be a shank. So my time in the Grille has changed my attitude to many things, at last I have found a group who are normal and are not only trying to one up everyone, so your comment about building clubs is way off, it’s the whole life attitude that does it for me, and you fellas have certainly nailed it.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Anyone know why a standard par 72 course has 10 par 4s, 4 par 5s and 4 par 3s? All the RTJ courses

are set up that way. Why not have 6 of each and lay them out so you don't play the same par hole back

to back?

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Anyone know why a standard par 72 course has 10 par 4s, 4 par 5s and 4 par 3s? All the RTJ courses

are set up that way. Why not have 6 of each and lay them out so you don't play the same par hole back

to back?

Because it possibly makes too much sense and that would never do :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

to back?

A lot of it has to do with the lay of the land. Back in the day designers built courses to the lay of the land. Now days they have the machinery to move massive quantities of dirt. The Greenbriar which the Tour is playing this week is a classic example. How many courses do you see on any tour that end with a par3? Of course it is a par 70. You will see a lot of Ross courses built in the 20s that are par 69. With the machinery they have now one can take and build almost any kind of course they want to as long as they have the $$$$ to do so. Different designers have different ways of laying things out. Also in resort areas especially courses are designed to move people along hopefully running more golfers through during the day and thus generating more revenue

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I had read a post by a fellow WRXer whose course has 6 of each par 3,4,and 5 and no two of the same

par back to back. I like that idea and wonder why this hasn't been done more with courses built in the

modern era.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme but I think mixing it up like that would make a course a little more

interesting.

It probably goes back to St. Andrews and the R and A.

SLED Gemini

Have no earthly clue why a course architect designs "X" number of par 3s, 4s, and 5s. A balanced number of all three would be fine by me and would personally love playing such a course.

There's a curious little thing about any course that's changed for me over the years. Could be just a personal thing, I dunno. There were always these "favorite" holes and likewise there was always at least one or two "favorite" clubs in the bag. And what that says on the flip side is there were always holes I loathed. They "owned" me was something I'd often verbalize. Played them just to get them over with and dreaded leaving the hole just before them to go through the upcoming gauntlet.

the curious little trick I play on myself now applies to golf holes and clubs in the bag as well. I allow myself to like some holes or clubs more than others, but I somehow convince myself to openly feel and express a like for all holes and all clubs in the bag. So the result nowadays is more along the lines of "Well I haven't scored as well on that hole lately but it's not because I hate that hole. I actually like that darned old booger." Or, maybe "Hey I haven't hit this 5 iron in a while and now's the perfect time for it. Let's she what she'll do."

Imagine me playing the hole I hated and having to pull the club I avoided touching. I was doomed!

Does all this mind game stuff help? Who knows! At least I look forward to it all rather than dreading it.

Believe I've expressed this one before. Sorry if it's a recycle.

Don't mind a #1 handicap hardest hole on any course. Don't mind a really tough hole from tee to green. But for me, I want there to be a balanced number of simple, straight-forward holes that are not so difficult to go with it. Now I may end up getting par on the tougher holes and having the wheels come off on the easier ones. I never know if the "handicap" rating of a hole will actually make or break me. But what I don't enjoy is brutally tricked-up holes with little ski moguls sprinkled everywhere a decent drive would land - or impossible pin placements on redonkulous greens time and time again. There's a point (in my mind) where there's almost no reward for a good shot time and time again. We have such a course locally and it won't be seeing me anytime soon.

What I would do (strangely) is go experience Bethpage Black one time. Just to experience it and take one off the bucket list I suppose. The expectation in this case at least is to play survival mode golf and get home without a total emotional meltdown - just to see if you can live through it I suppose. But other than going into the lion's mouth one time for bucket list purposes - no thank you.

I would like to play a tour set up, obviously this is only when I've been playing regularly. I think it would

be fun and I would not go in with unreasonable expectations.

I played a course in Mew Mexico a few times called Roadrunner in Las Cruces. The greens there are

very sloped and regularly run 13-14 on the stimp and are very firm. That alone changes things a lot.

The course itself was not that great; with homes bordering much of it...….but the greens were great;

if you like your approaches bouncing off and/or 4 putting, lol.

Played a course in Rome, GA once that I will never play again, lol. The rough next to the fairway had

a lot of clover mixed in. the rough was only 3 inches or so high but if your ball rolled into it...…..poof,

you can't find it. You could miss the fairway by only a few feet, even inches and not find your ball and

take a penalty. No thanks and it was a great course as layouts go; you just better not miss the fairway.

I could go on...…...lots of courses from the road playing days...……...I'll stop.

SLED Gemini

I would like to play a tour set up, obviously this is only when I've been playing regularly. I think it would

be fun and I would not go in with unreasonable expectations.

I played a course in Mew Mexico a few times called Roadrunner in Las Cruces. The greens there are

very sloped and regularly run 13-14 on the stimp and are very firm. That alone changes things a lot.

The course itself was not that great; with homes bordering much of it...….but the greens were great;

if you like your approaches bouncing off and/or 4 putting, lol.

Played a course in Rome, GA once that I will never play again, lol. The rough next to the fairway had

a lot of clover mixed in. the rough was only 3 inches or so high but if your ball rolled into it...…..poof,

you can't find it. You could miss the fairway by only a few feet, even inches and not find your ball and

take a penalty. No thanks and it was a great course as layouts go; you just better not miss the fairway.

I could go on...…...lots of courses from the road playing days...……...I'll stop.

I played a course in April that had been set up for a Web.com event the week before. The Landings in Savannah GA. The greens were incredibly difficult, like putting on glass, and the area around the green was nicer than most greens I’ve been on. Way to much course for me once you were greenside or on the green.

When I was talking about improving my consistency this isn't what I had in mind...lol.

At the risk of you being tired of hearing it - You're among friends here. Not one soul here is looking at that in high judgement whatsoever. Looks like it was primarily par 4s that were just a bit wobbly but not terribly so considering none of us are playing inside the ropes.

Any idea how many of those shots were from around 25 to 30 yards and in??? You can guess where that one is heading. lol.

I ask because for me, I know I'm going to miss some fairways and greens, but it amazes me sometimes how I can move the ball 500 yards in two or three strokes and take another two or three *EDIT: or four - moving it 500 inches! lol.

When I was talking about improving my consistency this isn't what I had in mind...lol.

At the risk of you being tired of hearing it - You're among friends here. Not one soul here is looking at that in high judgement whatsoever. Looks like it was primarily par 4s that were just a bit wobbly but not terribly so considering none of us are playing inside the ropes.

Any idea how many of those shots were from around 25 to 30 yards and in??? You can guess where that one is heading. lol.

I ask because for me, I know I'm going to miss some fairways and greens, but it amazes me sometimes how I can move the ball 500 yards in two or three strokes and take another two or three *EDIT: or four - moving it 500 inches! lol.

Guilty! Yesterday. #1 handicap par 4. Good drive. decent 6 iron approach pin high just off the green on a steep up slope. Chunked chip up on to the shaved green. Ball starts moving and is running off of the green. Had a thought of doing a Phill. Let it run farther than it had been. Chipped too hard just off the green. Chipped again past the hole but barely stopped on the green. Two putt. The worst part was hearing: "Nice drive" as I tapped in the triple.

A good chip and putt would get me a par.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

No worries on my end, I thought it was really funny that I almost had a full nine of 6s. I figured it would provide a laugh or two. As far as 20-30 yds, I'm not sure, there were several 40-60 yd pitches that were ok-ish. I dropped four strokes on good putts- three rolled around the lip and out, and one was so, so, close but I had played just a bit too much break. I also dropped another shot hitting a chip thin. The greenside areas at my course are pretty tight, so if I can I will putt from them. But I was behind a dip with some water in it, so putting wasn't an option. Thinned it off the other side of the green.

All in all it wasn't a terrible nice at all, if a few putts roll in instead of out, and I wasn't behind the puddle I may have been looking at a 45.? But IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump is a** when he hopped....

I had some good shots that left some good swing feelings in the brain. I didn't get the feel of the "handshake" position after impact but it is still in the thought process for sure, right now my swing is caught between picking and digging...can't find the happy medium. It will come though.

No worries on my end, I thought it was really funny that I almost had a full nine of 6s. I figured it would provide a laugh or two. As far as 20-30 yds, I'm not sure, there were several 40-60 yd pitches that were ok-ish. I dropped four strokes on good putts- three rolled around the lip and out, and one was so, so, close but I had played just a bit too much break. I also dropped another shot hitting a chip thin. The greenside areas at my course are pretty tight, so if I can I will putt from them. But I was behind a dip with some water in it, so putting wasn't an option. Thinned it off the other side of the green.

All in all it wasn't a terrible nice at all, if a few putts roll in instead of out, and I wasn't behind the puddle I may have been looking at a 45.? But IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump is a** when he hopped....

I had some good shots that left some good swing feelings in the brain. I didn't get the feel of the "handshake" position after impact but it is still in the thought process for sure, right now my swing is caught between picking and digging...can't find the happy medium. It will come though.

The "handshake thing".... it will come with practice and then you can take it to the course. There's a subtle but all-important nuance that comes from learning to go ahead move the trail forearm but "let" the wrists unhinge in doing so. In other words, it's tempting to equate a deliberate and conscious awareness of getting to that "handshake" via casting the club like a fishing rod too much and too early - perhaps even when starting the downswing. The trail arm can move (and even move aggressively) right past a relaxed lead arm. WHAPPPPPP! Effortless power as they say. But the handshake thing will come from exploring how the arms can swing as the wrists unhinge.

During practice, you can actually START in that trail arm extended, handshake position and ease yourself and the club backwards to the top of your backswing - then recreate that handshake again in the through swing. Once you feel it and how you got there, you'll remember it and feel it.

LOL - enough of my dribble already. Somebody shoot me before I hurt myself.

Btw - I recall reading an article years ago where Sergio said he did like to imagine pulling the handle downward from the top - like pulling a chain.

Be a little careful with that one would be my caution. Still has to pass the two sniff tests. Easy to dive that angle of attack into a very steep condition. If the wrists are relaxed at the top, it can be a great way to add a nice little be of "lag". It's a good thing I suppose when the right "stuff" is working with it. Gets me personally into trouble if that's the ONLY imagery and feel up and running but we're all wired individually so what do I know? lol

Guilty! Yesterday. #1 handicap par 4. Good drive. decent 6 iron approach pin high just off the green on a steep up slope. Chunked chip up on to the shaved green. Ball starts moving and is running off of the green. Had a thought of doing a Phill. Let it run farther than it had been. Chipped too hard just off the green. Chipped again past the hole but barely stopped on the green. Two putt. The worst part was hearing: "Nice drive" as I tapped in the triple.

A good chip and putt would get me a par.

Got to admit - confess - whatever the heck we say...

Sounds like for both of us - sometimes that short game is reliably there and then there's those "other" times. Amazing in golf how sometimes distance and difficulty are almost inversely related. Scotee, this is no joke - I'd rather putt from 20 feet than 4 feet. Don't ask me why. Must be that goofy organ between my ears.

I am like you guys...today I could play 9 and be around 40......tomorrow, I could skull a few easy chips,bump and runs,and even play putt-putt back and forth

across the greens ! I could get to a fifty yard mark...practicing chipping/pitching....hit three acceptable one ..and then totally blow

the next three ...wonderful world of golf ! My brother called...said he just got his new irons...a set of 400's......he went to the course...

said he got them off E-bay...like new. He just retired in Feburary Rad...Roadway/Yellow driver... he's like a kid in a candy store !

It started snowing hard in Columbus a couple days after he retired...he said he poured himself a glass....nice fire in the fireplace...

sat in his recliner...looking out the window...watching the snow and ice building up....and laughed !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I am like you guys...today I could play 9 and be around 40......tomorrow, I could skull a few easy chips,bump and runs,and even play putt-putt back and forth

across the greens ! I could get to a fifty yard mark...practicing chipping/pitching....hit three acceptable one ..and then totally blow

the next three ...wonderful world of golf ! My brother called...said he just got his new irons...a set of 400's......he went to the course...

said he got them off E-bay...like new. He just retired in Feburary Rad...Roadway/Yellow driver... he's like a kid in a candy store !

It started snowing hard in Columbus a couple days after he retired...he said he poured himself a glass....nice fire in the fireplace...

sat in his recliner...looking out the window...watching the snow and ice building up....and laughed !

I'll be doing the same Bill. I'll turn the national weather on TV and see all the routes I used to

drive that are getting snowed on...………….and laugh as well.

And when y'all are getting snow up north I'll be out playing down here...….but I won't rub it in.

I'll try to be diplomatic and understanding and kind and wear everyone's shoes. I won't wear

colorful attire; I'll wear drab so that I don't appear too happy. Can't wait.

SLED Gemini

Are there ways to tell if you’re playing the wrong lie angle, without hitting off a lie board?

Divots and ball flight. Look to see if divots are toe deep (too flat) or heel deep (too upright). Also

notice ball flight pattern; too flat will lead to balls going right and too upright will lead to balls going

left. You can get a pretty good idea doing it this way.

SLED Gemini

When I was talking about improving my consistency this isn’t what I had in mind...lol.

Very neat score card, you did stuff it up with a par so you should be upset. Reminds me very much of my cards with a 7/8 somewhere.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Are there ways to tell if you’re playing the wrong lie angle, without hitting off a lie board?

Divots and ball flight. Look to see if divots are toe deep (too flat) or heel deep (too upright). Also

notice ball flight pattern; too flat will lead to balls going right and too upright will lead to balls going

Thanks Conrad. I haven’t really checked my divots heel vs toe, but they are usually deep. The course I play on has almost no level ground so it will be tough to get a good feel on ball flight. Off of a tee my flight is pretty straight, but off the turf I can produce both shots. I was wondering because I seem to need to stand further away from the ball than is comfortable to make sweetspot contact. If I stand the distance that’s comfortable, I’ll strike off the heel or hosel.

Would choking down essentially do the same thing as going a bit upright?

I'll be doing the same Bill. I'll turn the national weather on TV and see all the routes I used to

drive that are getting snowed on...………….and laugh as well.

And when y'all are getting snow up north I'll be out playing down here...….but I won't rub it in.

I'll try to be diplomatic and understanding and kind and wear everyone's shoes. I won't wear

colorful attire; I'll wear drab so that I don't appear too happy. Can't wait.

LOL You'll have Cobi take pics of you sitting on the patio...in shorts and golf shirt...at 8 am...having coffee !...

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Seconded!

Thanks Conrad. I haven’t really checked my divots heel vs toe, but they are usually deep. The course I play on has almost no level ground so it will be tough to get a good feel on ball flight. Off of a tee my flight is pretty straight, but off the turf I can produce both shots. I was wondering because I seem to need to stand further away from the ball than is comfortable to make sweetspot contact. If I stand the distance that’s comfortable, I’ll strike off the heel or hosel.

Possibly - but that's not a for-sure thing. Have you ever made a video of your swing?

Choking down will do the opposite and flatten your lie angle a little. Look at it this way. If you

raise up your shaft making it more vertical by pushing toward the ball your iron heel will raise up

and the toe will drop. If you were to try to golf like this your iron lie angle would need to be made

more upright to make it level with the ground again. If you lower to make it less vertical then

would have to flatten your iron lie angle. Therefore choking down on an iron makes it play

effectively a little flatter.

The way this works is the more upright the lie angle the more vertical, or upright, you have to

hold the shaft for the iron head to sit properly on the ground.

SLED Gemini

Oh ye grillers listen to my rant. I have learned this lesson over and over probably 40x. Last 2 outings I stank like bait left out on the docks. These days I play only every other week with a couple friends who aren't "real" golfers in the WRX sense of the word (although I noticed last few times they were on the driving range when I rolled up). I remember shooting a 96 last round, and they are mid 90s golfers so they were quite please with my demise, especially at that stupid 3 way game bingo bango boingo.

So today we head out, it was perfect weather, mid 70s and breezy. I was determined to not skank my way around the course again, esp as we were playing capped matches, so I reverted for the billionth time to just use my patented 'grandma swing' and take what I could get. I had done this countless times in the past when I was playing bloodthirsty skins sharks, and every time always got away from it over time. Why is that?

Think Payne. You never saw him 'rip' a shot like TW or Rory. He wouldn't know how. So I took deliberate slow motion practice swings and tried to reproduce them during the real thing. Of course, during a real swing you're not going to swing slow motion but the intent is there. The weird thing is whenever I have reverted to my 'grandma' swing I have never noticed any loss in distance (actually longer sometimes), only a big uptick in trajectory and placement.

I shot a nice pedestrian 83, and that with a triple and two doubles. The question I pose here is, why can't I keep that swing in my bag over the long run? Why must I start to crank it up and start jerking and lurching until I learn my lesson and start over from scratch?

Oh ye grillers listen to my rant. I have learned this lesson over and over probably 40x. Last 2 outings I stank like bait left out on the docks. These days I play only every other week with a couple friends who aren't "real" golfers in the WRX sense of the word (although I noticed last few times they were on the driving range when I rolled up). I remember shooting a 96 last round, and they are mid 90s golfers so they were quite please with my demise, especially at that stupid 3 way game bingo bango boingo.

So today we head out, it was perfect weather, mid 70s and breezy. I was determined to not skank my way around the course again, esp as we were playing capped matches, so I reverted for the billionth time to just use my patented 'grandma swing' and take what I could get. I had done this countless times in the past when I was playing bloodthirsty skins sharks, and every time always got away from it over time. Why is that?

Think Payne. You never saw him 'rip' a shot like TW or Rory. He wouldn't know how. So I took deliberate slow motion practice swings and tried to reproduce them during the real thing. Of course, during a real swing you're not going to swing slow motion but the intent is there. The weird thing is whenever I have reverted to my 'grandma' swing I have never noticed any loss in distance (actually longer sometimes), only a big uptick in trajectory and placement.

I shot a nice pedestrian 83, and that with a triple and two doubles. The question I pose here is, why can't I keep that swing in my bag over the long run? Why must I start to crank it up and start jerking and lurching until I learn my lesson and start over from scratch?

That’s awesome.

I think sometimes the grandma swing doesn’t work for some because it takes too much thought to go slow.? But if you have a swing that helps you go low then use it!

If I slow way down I shank or slice.

Well done Thug, I have a similar problem, always try to hit too fast, watch the younger set with their super fast swings and get carried away. Trying to slow down takes effort I sometimes cannot be bothered with, I try to count my backswing which is my main problem.

The only difference when I try is I use a grandpa swing as I have given up wearing skirts, too embarrassing when it’s windy.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Tol, just wanted to go back to something you mentioned about diving deep enough in your painting endeavors to "go for it" with the majestic horse.

Whatever we humans do, the wiser ones know their own limits. Wisely so, right?

But the wisest also have a voice that allows them to at least TRY - to quietly slip away somewhere and test their own limits within reason.

The luckiest have a voice - in-born or perhaps from a great friend , or in your case with the horse...your DW... urging us to go for it.

So glad your own internal voice, that of your DW, and maybe even a little encouragement from the Grillesters inspired you to go for it.

Well Played, Sir.

I personally believe we do the same in golf. We're realistic. We know there's only so much we're going to accomplish. But it's still a journey and in our quiet little moments all of us at some level do at least a little exploring. We might try single-length clubs, test different equipment (new and old), fiddle with the swing... there's something in us that explores at least a little. If for no other reason than for grins and giggles, we sneak off quietly and do a little scratching and sniffing. If we didn't, we golfers would just be painting the same bowl of fruit over and over with the same brush, using the same colors. I "think" we all (self included) are cautious about trying things and saying it out loud. Gives folks the willies. No one wants to proclaim they've dramatically uncovered some eureka moment only to play two days later and find their own little Mona Lisa wouldn't qualify for storage in the trash bin. But I STILL believe we quietly explore even if it's not said right out loud. It's just a question of keeping it real for ourselves and those around us. I just don't believe that deep down golfers don't experience those moments along the way where they think to themselves, "Hmmmm, I like this grip. Hey that's a feel right there I'll try to incorporate. Wow, I noticed on that swing the club felt this way or that once I went into motion."

Lol - It's in us. We just need a DW, or buddy, or our own initiative to be free to do it. Might never be said right out loud, or it might. But I'll never be convinced some level of spelunking and testing one's own limits isn't happening now and then along the way.

That's awesome.

I think sometimes the grandma swing doesn't work for some because it takes too much thought to go slow.? But if you have a swing that helps you go low then use it!

If I slow way down I shank or slice.

Interesting comment spook about requiring too much thought. It's true; for me every grandma swing requires conscious decision and discipline to execute, without which I automatically revert back to 'hit ball NOW hit ball HARD' mode. But on the other hand, the grandma swing pays back the mental work by removing the other mental work of constantly trying to correct, adjust, and compensate for nasty contact and ball flight. It is almost like autopilot. I don't think about grip, plane, path, or any of that crap unless I'm trying to work the ball. Yesterday I collectively hit the straightest ball for me in about the last 6 months, splitting fairways and covering pins. And if I need to work a shot the slower swing allows you to execute that path/face the way you intended.

But unfortunately most likely I will soon return to trying to swing too quick trying to hit the ball too hard. It's an endless cycle that is a predictable as the seasons..

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)