Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Awhile back, there was a brief discussion about Top Golf. The one nearby me is about to open and the local paper posted a preview video of the facility. To anyone still curious about the enterprise, it's a good overview. Tried embedding, but perhaps a copyright issue.

https://www.freep.co...lls/2145586002/

Pretty cool, Fella. If there was one near me I'd probably have to give it a go! (cool)

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Snow still on the ground. Chiropractor adjusted me yesterday.

Going to be a long winter.

Well, the snow won't be around for long with double digit temps (Celsius) on the way this weekend. Most of what fell Tuesday/yesterday has already disappeared here.

Talked to my lawn maintenance guy at the local Canadian Tire store yesterday. He says he still intends to cut my grass one last time if the weather co-operates. He was by one day last week, but there was too much standing water to cut. If it gets done, it gets done. If not i told him he had better be there with bells on in the springtime!

Out shower has been on the fritz since the weekend. The plumber came out on Monday and surveyed the situation and ordered the appropriate thermostatic value for the proportioner. It didn't come out nicely, having to cut the screens and o-rings out of the housing. Turns out a plastic body can seize in just as easily as metal. After the new valve was installed it still didn't work properly... Turns out the needle valves in the housing had a bunch a crap plugging the cold water outlet. We were fortunate that flushing them worked rather than having to replace those as well. Two hours later and a helluva mess and the shower was back in business. I'm glad I didn't try and tackle that job on my own!!

----------------------

Had my PT appointment yesterday. Didn't even have time to have a hot shower before i went so I was pretty sore when i got there. I remember thinking that I felt a lot better after he got done with me and had relieved some of my muscular tension in my low back.

I went to bed at 9:30 after falling asleep in the chair for an hour. I didn't get up until 7:00 am this morning. That's the longest that I've slept in 6 months since the night after flying out to Victoria! Yah, I'm pretty sore this morning from being on my back for so long, but boy what a treat to be able to actually sleep that long. Going to take it easy today I think and enjoy this for one day at least. DW and I are going out for lunch with #1 before she heads off to work.

Long winter ahead perhaps, but we'll work our way through it. I find it helps to break things up into blocks and have something to work towards. We leave on Saturday for a week out west with the kids and then home for Christmas. Next block will take us to the end of February and a planned cruise. PT and I were already talking about the next block and the plan of treatment going forward. Things are looking up! :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Well, the snow won't be around for long with double digit temps (Celsius) on the way this weekend. Most of what fell Tuesday/yesterday has already disappeared here.

Talked to my lawn maintenance guy at the local Canadian Tire store yesterday. He says he still intends to cut my grass one last time if the weather co-operates. He was by one day last week, but there was too much standing water to cut. If it gets done, it gets done. If not i told him he had better be there with bells on in the springtime!

Out shower has been on the fritz since the weekend. The plumber came out on Monday and surveyed the situation and ordered the appropriate thermostatic value for the proportioner. It didn't come out nicely, having to cut the screens and o-rings out of the housing. Turns out a plastic body can seize in just as easily as metal. After the new valve was installed it still didn't work properly... Turns out the needle valves in the housing had a bunch a crap plugging the cold water outlet. We were fortunate that flushing them worked rather than having to replace those as well. Two hours later and a helluva mess and the shower was back in business. I'm glad I didn't try and tackle that job on my own!!

----------------------

Had my PT appointment yesterday. Didn't even have time to have a hot shower before i went so I was pretty sore when i got there. I remember thinking that I felt a lot better after he got done with me and had relieved some of my muscular tension in my low back.

I went to bed at 9:30 after falling asleep in the chair for an hour. I didn't get up until 7:00 am this morning. That's the longest that I've slept in 6 months since the night after flying out to Victoria! Yah, I'm pretty sore this morning from being on my back for so long, but boy what a treat to be able to actually sleep that long. Going to take it easy today I think and enjoy this for one day at least. DW and I are going out for lunch with #1 before she heads off to work.

Long winter ahead perhaps, but we'll work our way through it. I find it helps to break things up into blocks and have something to work towards. We leave on Saturday for a week out west with the kids and then home for Christmas. Next block will take us to the end of February and a planned cruise. PT and I were already talking about the next block and the plan of treatment going forward. Things are looking up! :)

I have never regretted owning a house, but, this year has been really expensive.

New lounge suite

New freezer

New cooker

New dishwasher

New washing machine,

Air conditioner failed twice

And now the sewage system replacement.

All up this is around $27,000, so we are hoping the new year brings a massive cash win, or nothing else breaks down for a long time.

Here’s hoping Father Christmas is good to me.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

pl

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

----------------------

I have never regretted owning a house, but, this year has been really expensive.

New lounge suite

New freezer

New cooker

New dishwasher

New washing machine,

All up this is around $27,000, so we are hoping the new year brings a massive cash win, or nothing else breaks down for a long time.

Here's hoping Father Christmas is good to me.

Wow, that's quite a total for home repairs for the year Tol. I hope 2019 is a much better year for you.

SLED Gemini

----------------------

New lounge suite

New freezer

New cooker

New dishwasher

New washing machine,

Here's hoping Father Christmas is good to me.

Wow, that's quite a total for home repairs for the year Tol. I hope 2019 is a much better year for you.

Today we had a refill LPG gas cylinder delivered, fitted and checked, there is a gas leak on top of the pressure regulator. Gas fitter repaired leak, pressure check on regulator, no good require a new one. New one fitted no leaks, another $250. Please 2019 come to me quickly.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Official start to the festive season today, friend of DW, divorced and a very lovely lady, recently retired so had to squeeze us into her new activities regime. Very tasty lunch, we do some she brings some.

Now its the start of family celebration, December the first tomorrow, the day we put up our decorations, early morning start so we will be finished for lunch, left overs tomorrow, fresh pasta with a creamy bacon and mushroom sauce, followed up with a good yoghurt and fresh mango, maybe a good glass of red.

Have a good weekend Grillers the festive season is almost here.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

pl

Plasher, Plancer, Plrancer, Plixen, Plomet, Plupid, Plonner, and Plitzen, and of course Pludolpf, all

in search of plum pudding

:rofl:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

pl

Plasher, Plancer, Plrancer, Plixen, Plomet, Plupid, Plonner, and Plitzen, and of course Pludolpf, all

Makes my attempt seem almost plathetic.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Official start to the festive season today, friend of DW, divorced and a very lovely lady, recently retired so had to squeeze us into her new activities regime. Very tasty lunch, we do some she brings some.

Now its the start of family celebration, December the first tomorrow, the day we put up our decorations, early morning start so we will be finished for lunch, left overs tomorrow, fresh pasta with a creamy bacon and mushroom sauce, followed up with a good yoghurt and fresh mango, maybe a good glass of red.

Have a good weekend Grillers the festive season is almost here.

Yes indeed! We fly out tomorrow morning heading for Penticton at 6:10 am. The Christmas season is upon us. We're in pretty good shape this year, with the cards made, letter written and all posted. Shopping is pretty much done. The tree and decorating will wait until we return in a week's time.

DW's work Christmas party is on the 12th. Looking forward to that one as they haven't had a party for 3 years and it's usually pretty good. We were discussing Christmas plans with #1 son and they are staying home now, so we might try hosting a dinner now rather than just the two of us.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

pl

No worries mate. This is the Grille where the attempt is as valuable as the result! OGA rules. ;)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

pl

pl

Plery Plimpressive plindeed. Plell Plone!

SLED Gemini

pl

pl

Plery Plimpressive plindeed. Plell Plone!

Too much wine, every last one of us.

Plastered.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

pl

Tis the season....................wow, with the headphones on I get goosebumps at the last refrain of Noel.

SLED Gemini

Another good carol from Alison Krauss and Yo Yo Ma

SLED Gemini

pl

Please please! yours was pleasantly plentifully pleasing to the palate

Can someone please compile a Pl dictionary, I feel a competition coming on.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

pl

Please please! yours was pleasantly plentifully pleasing to the palate

Can someone please compile a Pl dictionary, I feel a competition coming on.

Plus tard s'il vous plait... we need placards of playlists... (for placekickers and playmakers) and plotters of playoffs for placement at precious plateaus

Hot one tomorrow forecast 102*, have to look after the chickens, try and keep them cool. Last year we had two die in the hot weather, not good as they provide for us very well.

We will be clearing out the freezer to make room for our Monday visit to Costco last of the pre Christmas shopping.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Hot one tomorrow forecast 102*, have to look after the chickens, try and keep them cool. Last year we had two die in the hot weather, not good as they provide for us very well.

We will be clearing out the freezer to make room for our Monday visit to Costco last of the pre Christmas shopping.

Speaking of chickens, something got into our 3 granddaughter's chicken coup this week and killed 7 of their 8 hens overnight. We figure is was a raccoon. They were devastated of course, they had them for a year and a half, had them named, they were pets besides providing eggs.

As far as 102* around Christmas time, I'm trying to picture Santa in a speedo instead of his winter suit, that's not working for me, that's a good thing I'm sure...

I went to my neurologist yesterday for my appointment for this pill change I'm going through. Things are going remarkably well. I'm starting week 5 today of the 6 full weeks it will take to get completely changed to the new one and drop the old one. Looks like all will be well. It's a relief when you have epilepsy and you can pull off something like this with no big hitches, gives me a relief with retirement coming to know it will be a big savings too :)

Speaking of chickens, something got into our 3 granddaughter's chicken coup this week and killed 7 of their 8 hens overnight. We figure is was a raccoon. They were devastated of course, they had them for a year and a half, had them named, they were pets besides providing eggs.

As far as 102* around Christmas time, I'm trying to picture Santa in a speedo instead of his winter suit, that's not working for me, that's a good thing I'm sure...

I went to my neurologist yesterday for my appointment for this pill change I'm going through. Things are going remarkably well. I'm starting week 5 today of the 6 full weeks it will take to get completely changed to the new one and drop the old one. Looks like all will be well. It's a relief when you have epilepsy and you can pull off something like this with no big hitches, gives me a relief with retirement coming to know it will be a big savings too :)

Our biggest problem with the chicken are pythons, they grow very large out the back of the house in the woods, we see them early summer usually during the mating season.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Happy to hear you're doing well. Good luck.

Just read Tol's comment about pythons in the back yard. WOW!

Supposed to be a warm, nice 60 degree day tomorrow. I haven't been out this week, except for my chiropractic appointment and coffee the one morning with my pal.. It seems if I don't golf, I don't get out much.

Never wanted to travel even when I was young. The few vacations I took as a young pup weren't great. It seems if I went somewhere with pals, we always ended up doing what they wanted. Even with the missus, vacations always meant family. I'm glad the missus has a widowed sister to go to flower shows and trips with.

Under those circumstances, I think I can be excused from enjoying travelling.

I'll stay home with my pal, Penny.

With us being on a pension all our scripts apart from the non supported ones which are very few cost around $6.50 each. DW having heart problems is on 8 different scripts. We also have a safety net, which means when you have paid a certain amount from Jan 1st each year, the rest are free. You are also allowed to have them every three weeks instead of every four so during our free period I stockpile them for the new year, that means we usually do not have to start paying again untill March. Over a twelve month period it costs exactly the same but we can move the cost away from Christmas and New Year. Without these concessions our medicine bill would be around $450 a month, instead it was $384 for the whole of 2018. It rises each year by the cost of living index, usually around 3%.

Unfortunately as we age we also require more medication to keep us fit

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)