Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

pl

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

My unranked 6-4 gamecocks are exposing Clemson for the weak scheduled #2 that they are. Bama will roll over them wait and see.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The Heisman is going to be a tough pick this year. There are some good stats just between Haskins and Tua alone. Haskins has set the new single season Big 10 record this year for touchdown passes alone with 36, and has thrown for 3,685 yards. So he has now surpassed Drew Brees' record. I think Tua is at 31 TD's and 2685 yds. I know Gary Danielson (ugh) kept saying Heisman Heisman today, but he also kept saying 'Bama was the reason. The team doesn't get the award, the individual does... don't mean to stir any feathers, there's still a lot of football left, and they are my two favorite college players btw. (with Danielson at the bottom of the list for commentators :fie:

Tol talking about chickens being smart and most animals are anyhow--- I can tell you a story

We had one bazaar weekend one Thanksgiving weekend. It was in the 70s on Saturday and we were qualifying at the race track for the "Turkey Day Race" on Sunday which was the last race of the season. Anyhow they were calling for sleet and snow on Sunday. Sure enough we got it. That morning about 6:00 it was 70* about an hour later the temps dropped 10* and it got cloudy. Around 9 Am the nasty stuff started pouring down. I mean nasty quarter sized snow flakes mixed with sleet. Now remember I was a novice at the chicken farmer deal. At this time the chickens were running free in the yard and I had fed them around 6:00. Got to wondering about their well being. Asked the wife what they did since they had no coop etc. Got worried was going to put them in the shop if necessary. Now up at the shop I had a Black Lab that also had been abandoned and took up there. I had gotten her a nice dog house and it had straw in it etc. And to give her credit she had never gotten aggressive with the chickens in fact she let them share her water bucket. Went up there to check and the Lab stuck her head out of the house along with Big Jake the rooster and 7 other chickens. All of them were ganged up in the dog house together. Big Jake sorta had the look of hey we ain't stupid. Later on in the Spring that black lab went after a Fox that was trying to get in the chicken coops. But she was about to get her butt kicked she was small and the Fox was bigger until I shot the Fox with my 9 MM pistol. My Chow Chow even stood up for the chickens she ran a Bob Cat out of the yard one night. By then I had fenced the yard in at the shop and the chickens roosted in their coops and the dogs ran in the fence and everyone got along. I remember one day those chickens would not come out of the coop and it was nice sunny and warm. I was thinking WTH? My good neighbor that lived on the North end of me said look up and you will see why. There was a hawk circling. Those chickens were smart and to boot that Chow was watching them too. The hawk landed in a tree and I feathered him with the shotgun loaded with bird shot. He was far enough up that I knew that with a 16 gauge and bird shot I would not kill him but sting him some. He flew off and we never saw him again. Yep animals have the survival instinct like us rednecks do

Great read, Big S!

Remarkable.

And Big Cheers, fine gents.

Ill come back to the Grille later. Now, I gotta stumble home. Too much food...need some air...

Lol ; )

pl

Plunger

Real surprised we did not need one of those this week with the crowd we had here. So far the $h!+ is nicely going down hill. My years of TP training (rationing, preaching, begging) (living with 5 women) is paying off :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Golf World Cup going well for some, the American team is -10 so far, not playing to potential. Good golfing weather slight breeze and a warm sunny day Canada up near the front, Belgium still winning at -22 Australia second so far at -20. Still surprised at some of the shot selection from world class players, obviously think they are invincible but the golf course gods are having the last laugh.

The one part that is impressive is some golfers short game, chipping pitching and putting is saving many poor score potentials.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

The Heisman is going to be a tough pick this year. There are some good stats just between Haskins and Tua alone. Haskins has set the new single season Big 10 record this year for touchdown passes alone with 36, and has thrown for 3,685 yards. So he has now surpassed Drew Brees' record. I think Tua is at 31 TD's and 2685 yds. I know Gary Danielson (ugh) kept saying Heisman Heisman today, but he also kept saying 'Bama was the reason. The team doesn't get the award, the individual does... don't mean to stir any feathers, there's still a lot of football left, and they are my two favorite college players btw. (with Danielson at the bottom of the list for commentators :fie:

Tua had 5 TD passes tonight and ran for a TD. I think he has 36 TD passes now with 2 picks on

the season. Tua's total numbers could be a lot higher but he rarely plays the 4th quarter and in

most games didn't play much in the 3rd quarter since the games were blowouts. Saban would

just take him out and put Jalen in there.

He's kinda at a disadvantage though I think he did cross the 3,000 passing yard mark tonight.

I do think he has the highest QB rating in college football. I guess we'll see what the Heisman

committee does. Has to be a tough choice as there are many having great years and deserving

of the trophy.

SLED Gemini

Tua had 5 TD passes tonight and ran for a TD. I think he has 36 TD passes now with 2 picks on

the season. Tua's total numbers could be a lot higher but he rarely plays the 4th quarter and in

most games didn't play much in the 3rd quarter since the games were blowouts. Saban would

just take him out and put Jalen in there.

He's kinda at a disadvantage though I think he did cross the 3,000 passing yard mark tonight.

I do think he has the highest QB rating in college football. I guess we'll see what the Heisman

committee does. Has to be a tough choice as there are many having great years and deserving

of the trophy.

Looks as if WRX is having a double post it problem, just had several goes at eliminating a double post. Bugs in the system.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Wow, LSU and the Aggies heading into 7th overtime tied at 66.

SLED Gemini

committee does.

Actually that would be Kyler Murray of the Sooners, so we're both wrong, I think they would have to do the Heisman Maneuver on us... :dntknw:

http://www.espn.com/...ype/player-week

To me it seems crazy to keep so many statistics on a football game, even the Australian media is starting to do it with ruby league.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

committee does.

Actually that would be Kyler Murray of the Sooners, so we're both wrong, I think they would have to do the Heisman Maneuver on us... :dntknw:

To me it seems crazy to keep so many statistics on a football game, even the Australian media is starting to do it with ruby league.

It's nothing compared to what they're doing for baseball now! :beruo:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

committee does.

Ya, here's the top 5 contenders according to SI

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/11/25/heisman-trophy-watch-tua-tagovailoa-kyler-murray-dwayne-haskins

SLED Gemini

committee does.

It's nothing compared to what they're doing for baseball now! :beruo:

The compiling of statistics in baseball has always been an integral part of the game since the beginning. However, Sabermetrics as an evaluator is taken the analysis to another level. Thanks Billy Bean. WTS, some are useful. WHIP > ERA for pitching evaluation. OBP > BA for evaluating a player's efficacy of getting on base. WAR is way overrated, especially if the replacement is a bum.

Still trust having a seasoned "Baseball Man" with an eye for player talent, making evaluations. Exclusively relying on performance metrics cannot quantify intangibles that a player may have.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Can't take anything away from Billy Beane because he keeps managing to put a competitive team on the field with no budget to speak of. It's different than Tampa where they rely on the draft. Oakland always seems to find some journeymen that are ripe for a breakout or career year. No one else has been nearly as consistent at pulling this off. Maybe its the benefit of being in a weak division. Either way, both of these teams seem to have mastered the art of when to move on as they never keep a player too long.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

The "art of moving on" is a very valid principal to implement. Not saddling the team with L/T contracts on a declining asset. Especially over paying for players that are in their early 30's looking for their payday. Do not have any statistics to substantiate, would guess that brings appx. 75% chance of failure. Tigers are badly handcuffed by the Miguel Cabrera contract (paying him until he's 42) and its highly questionable on whether he can return to form after ruptured bicep injury. Just now getting out from under the Martinez contract. Signed Zimmerman to a $30M L/T contract and he's no where close to be worth that.

Analytics have a place, and for teams with limited budgets, a means to be competitive. But not going to win championships, in and of itself. Theo Epstein has been successful at both the Bosox and Cubs utilizing Sabermetrics. But also can be made to look good by the availability of almost limitless financial resources. Think I read somewhere that the Rays were the highest rated Metrics team in MBL. But what have they won lately?

The Tigers are seemingly stuck in a "no-man's land" of still using an old school approach of scouting evaluation. Mixed in with a smattering of analytics, without fully embracing the approach. Combined with the new austerity approach of cutting payroll (dumping good players because they do not to pay the going rate. Ex. - J. D. Martinez) following the passing of Mike Ilitch. A very dicey situation, relying heavily on whether their stockpile of young arms will materialize at the big league level. Either for the staff, or for trades. The days of being in the FA market are over. It's a mess. Simply getting back to .500 would be viewed as a huge improvement. May be a very long time before they will be able to compete against the likes of Cleveland, Astros, Yanks or Bosox, even Tampa again.

committee does.

https://www.si.com/c...-dwayne-haskins

Dang, you're right, Tua did have a good day yesterday against an un-ranked team (haha don't ya love it?)

I was trying to think of who Ohio state played, I'm thinking it was the #1 defense, not sure...

Anyway, the Heimlich Maneuver will be a tough pick this year...

The "art of moving on" is a very valid principal to implement. Not saddling the team with L/T contracts on a declining asset. Especially over paying for players that are in their early 30's looking for their payday. Do not have any statistics to substantiate, would guess that brings appx. 75% chance of failure. Tigers are badly handcuffed by the Miguel Cabrera contract (paying him until he's 42) and its highly questionable on whether he can return to form after ruptured bicep injury. Just now getting out from under the Martinez contract. Signed Zimmerman to a $30M L/T contract and he's no where close to be worth that.

Analytics have a place, and for teams with limited budgets, a means to be competitive. But not going to win championships, in and of itself. Theo Epstein has been successful at both the Bosox and Cubs utilizing Sabermetrics. But also can be made to look good by the availability of almost limitless financial resources. Think I read somewhere that the Rays were the highest rated Metrics team in MBL. But what have they won lately?

The Tigers are seemingly stuck in a "no-man's land" of still using an old school approach of scouting evaluation. Mixed in with a smattering of analytics, without fully embracing the approach. Combined with the new austerity approach of cutting payroll (dumping good players because they do not to pay the going rate. Ex. - J. D. Martinez) following the passing of Mike Ilitch. A very dicey situation, relying heavily on whether their stockpile of young arms will materialize at the big league level. Either for the staff, or for trades. The days of being in the FA market are over. It's a mess. Simply getting back to .500 would be viewed as a huge improvement. May be a very long time before they will be able to compete against the likes of Cleveland, Astros, Yanks or Bosox, even Tampa again.

It's a new world out there and if you don't have good, young, affordable and controllable players you are screwed! The Jays are in a similar bind with legacy contracts that are untradeable and better younger players waiting to fill those roles. They also have several who are nearing the end of arbitration that don't really mesh with the new timeline that the prospects will bring. I expect a major trade or two over the next couple of off-seasons so that they don't get caught hanging onto good players and eventually either giving them away or watching them walk as was the case with Encarnacion and Donaldson.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Reading the head-wringing and epitaphs this a.m. on OSU v. UM has been rather humorous. Wolverine nation was quite confident this was their year to beat OSU. "Revenge tour" they were calling it. They did seem to be ripe for the picking. Only to be slapped down convincingly. Apparently, many forgot who and where they were playing. From this impartial observer, OSU was to big, fast and well prepared. UM's coaching staff seemingly had no solution. The only hope they have left for beating the Buckeyes is for Urbs pack his bags and leave town.

Still the conference 'ship games to be played. So never know if an upset will occur. But may be to many teams for OSU to leap-frog to move into the CFP final four. Especially if Oklahoma beats Texas for the Big 12 'ship.

Alabama - Likely in win or lose against GA. Clemson - Assuming they will easily handle Pitt. ND - Season over. No way the committee is leaving out an undefeated ND. Oklahoma - Beat Texas (and GA loss), in. It's really Alabama against the field anyway. They're that much better than everyone else.

Reading the head-wringing and epitaphs this a.m. on OSU v. UM has been rather humorous. Wolverine nation was quite confident this was their year to beat OSU. "Revenge tour" they were calling it. They did seem to be ripe for the picking. Only to be slapped down convincingly. Apparently, many forgot who and where they were playing. From this impartial observer, OSU was to big, fast and well prepared. UM's coaching staff seemingly had no solution. The only hope they have left for beating the Buckeyes is for Urbs pack his bags and leave town.

Still the conference 'ship games to be played. So never know if an upset will occur. But may be to many teams for OSU to leap-frog to move into the CFP final four. Especially if Oklahoma beats Texas for the Big 12 'ship.

Alabama - Likely in win or lose against GA. Clemson - Assuming they will easily handle Pitt. ND - Season over. No way the committee is leaving out an undefeated ND. Oklahoma - Beat Texas (and GA loss), in. It's really Alabama against the field anyway. They're that much better than everyone else.

Agree, Bama is way better, finely tuned machine for sure. ND I think is overrated, plus when everyone else is off next week trying to win conference championships, they are conveniently not playing in one, not being a member of any conference. This just isn't right. I mean some of the teams they 'fighting'ed and irish'ed this year- Navy 3-9 Ball State 4-8 Virginia Tech 5-6 FSU 5-7 USC 5-7 Wake Forest 6-6 But heck, they're 61st in passing yds. 99th in rushing yds. and 54th in total yds. for the year per game and still # 3 in the country? C'mon... how'zatt? The only ranked team they've beaten was Michigan and that was by just a touchdown.

committee does.

Dang, you're right, Tua did have a good day yesterday against an un-ranked team (haha don't ya love it?)

I was trying to think of who Ohio state played, I'm thinking it was the #1 defense, not sure...

I do jest about Tua, having already said I'm a fan of his... here's a good story on why he's such a great guy

be sure to watch all the videos... ---> http://heavy.com/spo...nicity-mom-dad/

Agree, Bama is way better, finely tuned machine for sure. ND I think is overrated, plus when everyone else is off next week trying to win conference championships, they are conveniently not playing in one, not being a member of any conference. This just isn't right. I mean some of the teams they 'fighting'ed and irish'ed this year- Navy 3-9 Ball State 4-8 Virginia Tech 5-6 FSU 5-7 USC 5-7 Wake Forest 6-6 But heck, they're 61st in passing yds. 99th in rushing yds. and 54th in total yds. for the year per game and still # 3 in the country? C'mon... how'zatt? The only ranked team they've beaten was Michigan and that was by just a touchdown.

Please can someone explain a good way to interpret all this information, sitting here with my brain doing somersaults.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

committee does.

Ya, it's like they're part of the unwashed being unranked. You beat who? Why, they're lower than

low, they're.................unranked...........why does OSU lose by 30 to an.....unranked....once a year?

Did you know some teams got ranked this year for the first time ever? They went to Waffle House

to celebrate. Hey, we're ranked, make it covered, smothered and topped to simulate our awesome

defense!

Defense? There were jokes going around today about the mansion Urban has built and lives in inside

Harbaugh's head. Ah, the pundits can be brutal.

So, the committee favors a "complete" team......but what about the Sooners? Does defense really

matter if you can outscore your opponents instead? All the rave reviews about that Rams/Saints game

because it was a great shootout. Fans don't want to see.............I remember when the Rams lost a

playoff game to the Vikings 2-0........that's not even............well.....soccer anybody??

Maybe the Big 12....and OSU have it right.........who cares about defense if you can outscore everyone?

It's just win baby, right? Even Nick Saban has gotten on the bandwagon thanks to Tua. Nick was all

about defense and ball control...........now he's like..........Hey Tua, air it out man! Who cares if we give

up 31 points if we scored 65!!??....nah, Nick wants it both ways....he liked those shutouts against LSU

and Mississippi State.

Actually, when the Citadel scored against Bama after those shutouts they tweeted out....WE SCORED!!

IT WASN'T THAT HARD.....rubbing some LSU and MS State noses in the mud, lol.

I think with all the rules designed to make the game safer, defenses have been handcuffed and now

some teams are like..............boat race, bring it on!.........it's......safer.

Well, it's going to be very interesting Tuesday night to see who the playoff committee has at #4.

SLED Gemini

Maybe ND would lose to UCF, who hasn't lost a game in 2 years......and also has a Hawaiian QB.

SLED Gemini

committee does.

Ya, it's like they're part of the unwashed being unranked. You beat who? Why, they're lower than

low, they're.................unranked...........why does OSU lose by 30 to an.....unranked....once a year?

Did you know some teams got ranked this year for the first time ever? They went to Waffle House

to celebrate. Hey, we're ranked, make it covered, smothered and topped to simulate our awesome

defense!

Defense? There were jokes going around today about the mansion Urban has built and lives in inside

Harbaugh's head. Ah, the pundits can be brutal.

So, the committee favors a "complete" team......but what about the Sooners? Does defense really

matter if you can outscore your opponents instead? All the rave reviews about that Rams/Saints game

because it was a great shootout. Fans don't want to see.............I remember when the Rams lost a

playoff game to the Vikings 2-0........that's not even............well.....soccer anybody??

Maybe the Big 12....and OSU have it right.........who cares about defense if you can outscore everyone?

It's just win baby, right? Even Nick Saban has gotten on the bandwagon thanks to Tua. Nick was all

about defense and ball control...........now he's like..........Hey Tua, air it out man! Who cares if we give

up 31 points if we scored 65!!??....nah, Nick wants it both ways....he liked those shutouts against LSU

and Mississippi State.

Actually, when the Citadel scored against Bama after those shutouts they tweeted out....WE SCORED!!

IT WASN'T THAT HARD.....rubbing some LSU and MS State noses in the mud, lol.

I think with all the rules designed to make the game safer, defenses have been handcuffed and now

some teams are like..............boat race, bring it on!.........it's......safer.

Well, it's going to be very interesting Tuesday night to see who the playoff committee has at #4.

Now that is something I understand. Always told my Judo pupils, the best form of defence is attack.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Please can someone explain a good way to interpret all this information, sitting here with my brain doing somersaults.

Tol, I was typing up a long post to reply to you but my post was getting too long, out of hand and

most likely too confusuing to read. It would probably be better if we can steer you to a website

that can explain it all to you. I don't know of one off hand but maybe another Grillster does?

SLED Gemini

Tol, I was typing up a long post to reply to you but my post was getting too long, out of hand and

most likely too confusuing to read. It would probably be better if we can steer you to a website

that can explain it all to you. I don't know of one off hand but maybe another Grillster does?

What I have never understood is the counting up every yard they run, what does it matter, the only statistic you need is the final score. They have now started this with ruby league counting how many yards they run with the ball, it distracts from what used to be a simple game. Pick up the ball, pass or run and eventually some one will score a try, NOT A TOUCHDOWN, which is the way they are now phrasing it. Also another Americanism is the conference, it’s always been a league with divisions, now they are seperate conferences. I suppose a conference is now correct because they seem to do more talking than playing :)

No problem with the Americanisms being applied to the American game because that is how it has developed, I do have a problem with second rate TV announces trying to take over the sport and putting their own spin in it, they should shut up and do what they are paid to do, report on the Australian game in Australian lingo. I suppose I could be a liberal and call it cultural appropriation, America should start complaining.

That was not a rant just a Monday afternoon observation because it is too hot to work outside, currently running close to 100*.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)