2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Nice story on Ireland in the WRX articles today. I'm not much of a traveler, admittedly, but I

would enjoy a trip to Ireland to see the sights and play some golf. It's a little funny because

I've been listening to an Irish group lately and one of my favorite songs of theirs is singing

about a place way up on the north coast called Inishowen. I later watched a video by a drone

flying about the Inishowen peninsula and thinking what an incredible place.....in the summer,

of course.

Maybe it's the Irish blood in me, hahaha, as I'm essentially an Irish Cherokee with a little Heinz

57 for the rest. I've always enjoyed the Irish lore and the Irish people seem like happy go lucky

people; which is pretty much how I am.

[media=]

[/media]

If you go to Ireland, go to Southern Ireland not the north. They are different countries and the south are much nicer people, quiet, softly spoken.

I wouldn't go along with that necessarily. They're different countries alright and each side is quite fond of blaming the other all of of their problems. They aren't shy about telling travelers all about it either! At least that was my experience at a couple of b&b's that we stayed at when there in 2010. Perhaps the biggest pain in the arse was having to have Euros and Pound Sterling at the same time, often using both in the same day as we weaved back and forth across and imaginary line that separates south from north, but fails to follow any of the roads.

But, once you get beyond the politics there isn't much different about either side. They share the same blood and are fun-loving friendly and helpful. Sure the north seems to have had a harder time of it what with the scars of war still quite noticeable in Belfast and Derry. Once you get out of the big city though, there's not much other than the geography to distinguish Dingal from Donegal.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I think Inishowen is in the north of Ireland not Northern Ireland, at least from the maps I have looked at.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Nice story on Ireland in the WRX articles today. I'm not much of a traveler, admittedly, but I

would enjoy a trip to Ireland to see the sights and play some golf. It's a little funny because

I've been listening to an Irish group lately and one of my favorite songs of theirs is singing

about a place way up on the north coast called Inishowen. I later watched a video by a drone

flying about the Inishowen peninsula and thinking what an incredible place.....in the summer,

of course.

Maybe it's the Irish blood in me, hahaha, as I'm essentially an Irish Cherokee with a little Heinz

57 for the rest. I've always enjoyed the Irish lore and the Irish people seem like happy go lucky

people; which is pretty much how I am.

[media=]

[/media]

If you go to Ireland, go to Southern Ireland not the north. They are different countries and the south are much nicer people, quiet, softly spoken.

I wouldn't go along with that necessarily. They're different countries alright and each side is quite fond of blaming the other all of of their problems. They aren't shy about telling travelers all about it either! At least that was my experience at a couple of b&b's that we stayed at when there in 2010. Perhaps the biggest pain in the arse was having to have Euros and Pound Sterling at the same time, often using both in the same day as we weaved back and forth across and imaginary line that separates south from north, but fails to follow any of the roads.

But, once you get beyond the politics there isn't much different about either side. They share the same blood and are fun-loving friendly and helpful. Sure the north seems to have had a harder time of it what with the scars of war still quite noticeable in Belfast and Derry. Once you get out of the big city though, there's not much other than the geography to distinguish Dingal from Donegal.

My knowledge of Ireland goes back a fair way and then there was conflict between the two. Southern was indipendant but the north was a member of the United Kingdom, the war was in part about the unification of Ireland, religion was the easy way to pick sides. The war was as brutal as any war ever with killing being random from both sides, whole families slaughtered just for living in the wrong street. Whilst you are correct about the border it was maintained more rigidly then but it was still full of holes.

I worked in the motor industry and there were many Irish from both sides they did not get on and never mingled. DW was born in Liverpool which is the closest English port to Ireland, it had the largest population of Irish than any where else and it was a hotbed of trouble, north v south, Protestants v Catholics, the safest thing was to keep out of it and let them get on with their own fight. I can remember one incident only half a mile from where we were living in Birmingham when the IRA bombed the public house full of revellers killing dozens. Fortunately it eventually settled down some.

It’s good to see there is some harmony but be well aware if you are ever there, the hatred still runs very deep and the Irish government are still to this day trying to prosecute the soldiers that killed IRA thugs during battles, they are accused of unnecessary killings and these are against the same people that bombed civilians for no reason but to just make a point, most of those being accused are in their late seventies and mid eighties, so the hatred still exists.

It’s a funny place Ireland and not funny HA HA.

Edit.

I had many Irish friends from both sides in the UK and you could not find anyone more loyal, this is part of the trouble, they are either your friend or your enemy, no in between, no compromise.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

My knowledge of Ireland goes back a fair way and then there was conflict between the two. Southern was indipendant but the north was a member of the United Kingdom, the war was in part about the unification of Ireland, religion was the easy way to pick sides. The war was as brutal as any war ever with killing being random from both sides, whole families slaughtered just for living in the wrong street. Whilst you are correct about the border it was maintained more rigidly then but it was still full of holes.

I worked in the motor industry and there were many Irish from both sides they did not get on and never mingled. DW was born in Liverpool which is the closest English port to Ireland, it had the largest population of Irish than any where else and it was a hotbed of trouble, north v south, Protestants v Catholics, the safest thing was to keep out of it and let them get on with their own fight. I can remember one incident only half a mile from where we were living in Birmingham when the IRA bombed the public house full of revellers killing dozens. Fortunately it eventually settled down some.

It’s good to see there is some harmony but be well aware if you are ever there, the hatred still runs very deep and the Irish government are still to this day trying to prosecute the soldiers that killed IRA thugs during battles, they are accused of unnecessary killings and these are against the same people that bombed civilians for no reason but to just make a point, most of those being accused are in their late seventies and mid eighties, so the hatred still exists.

I'm well aware of what went on as we are Ulster Scots. My aunt went over there by herself in the mid 70's. Everyone was convinced that she had lost her mind, but she was on a mission to research the family roots in County Down NI. It wasn't a fun time. Heck, I remember running into a cop who did his training in Belfast before moving to Canada and that guy had no sympathy for anybody; a real hard arse. Once I had a bit of firsthand experience for what he trained in I began to understand why he was the way he was.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Best wishes for a fantastic (and filling ; ) Thanksgiving, fine gents!

And Tol, I just saw the posts on your DW and all my best to her.

Thank you, recovery now, it was far more difficult than envisaged, they could not reach one node so literally poked a hole through the heart and she felt every bit of it. The other part she was not aware of and did not like is they could not afford any movement during the procedure so she was strapped to the frame of the bed, every part of her was tied down including the head. Home now and happy to be there.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I'm well aware of what went on as we are Ulster Scots. My aunt went over there by herself in the mid 70's. Everyone was convinced that she had lost her mind, but she was on a mission to research the family roots in County Down NI. It wasn't a fun time. Heck, I remember running into a cop who did his training in Belfast before moving to Canada and that guy had no sympathy for anybody; a real hard arse. Once I had a bit of firsthand experience for what he trained in I began to understand why he was the way he was.

Agreed, no compromise under any circumstances, it was funny looking back but at the time it was touchy, and the mid seventies were possibly the most volatile.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thank you, recovery now, it was far more difficult than envisaged, they could not reach one node so literally poked a hole through the heart and she felt every bit of it. The other part she was not aware of and did not like is they could not afford any movement during the procedure so she was strapped to the frame of the bed, every part of her was tied down including the head. Home now and happy to be there.

Geez, Tol, this is horrible. So sorry your wife had to endure this. You must have been so stressed.

Happy you guys are home. And hope the missus will feel better asap.

Wow! Sorry it was an ordeal for her. Glad it is over. I am surprised that she was not sedated. I remember being very cold on the table wearing only a hospital gown and then it was over. I remembered very little and there was no pain. They told me that if the extra node tissue was too close to the normal one that they might ablate them both and I would wake up with a pacemaker. Lucky that did not happen. Hope she will be good as new.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Wow! Sorry it was an ordeal for her. Glad it is over. I am surprised that she was not sedated. I remember being very cold on the table wearing only a hospital gown and then it was over. I remembered very little and there was no pain. They told me that if the extra node tissue was too close to the normal one that they might ablate them both and I would wake up with a pacemaker. Lucky that did not happen. Hope she will be good as new.

Plenty of sedation, just not enough for the extra procedure, getting back to normal as I can vouch for. Orders coming quick and fast :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

https://www.msn.com/...XTKP?li=BBnb7Kz

Between Zags basketball and Cougs football the Inland Pacific Northwest is representing :)

Great game. Zags almost blew it missing FT's. Been a Zag fan for long time. Still surprised Coach K went one and done. Never thought he would stoop to that. Anyhow go Zags!!!!!

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Between Zags basketball and Cougs football the Inland Pacific Northwest is representing :)

Great game. Zags almost blew it missing FT's. Been a Zag fan for long time. Still surprised Coach K went one and done. Never thought he would stoop to that. Anyhow go Zags!!!!!

Watched lots of basketball mainly trying to find out why it is so popular and it does not work for me. Funny how your childhood experiences forge the rest of your life.

Same with our animals, we know how they were raised for the first 3-4 months and can relate all their subsequent actions to those times. Tried to like Amarican football but that does not do it for me along with Australian rules, which is the most weird Sport ever.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Watched lots of basketball mainly trying to find out why it is so popular and it does not work for me. Funny how your childhood experiences forge the rest of your life.

Same with our animals, we know how they were raised for the first 3-4 months and can relate all their subsequent actions to those times. Tried to like Amarican football but that does not do it for me along with Australian rules, which is the most weird Sport ever.

Lol Aussie rules started watching back in the late 70's ouch. Wild World of Sports. We used to call it smear the ..... Fun game to watch. Had an Aussie friend that said every time the Ref would signal a good try the crowd would say 'My .... is this big.'

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

I hope all is well now tol. So sorry she had to go through this. Sometimes the uncomfortably unexpected turns out for the good, hopefully this is one of those times.

I was up at 3:30 today, with a cup of coffee. Nice Thanksgiving morning. Our son got in sometime during the night after travelling here for the weekend. Our oldest daughter and husband and 4 of the grandkids will be coming over later as well. That only leaves the youngest and her family in Tennessee who we will see around Christmas. Anyway our oldest daughter took me yesterday to pick up my new glasses, and said next spring after I retire, she would be glad to pick me up every Tuesday and take me to my golf league. My DW will come and get me when I'm done.... yay!!! People who retire from work are more than welcome to keep playing in the league as long as they wish, so I will be back to playing next year. :golfer: I worked with my wedges and some foam balls in the living room yesterday but this pill change is throwing my balance for a loop, it was hilarious :swoon:

I was up at 3:30 today, with a cup of coffee. Nice Thanksgiving morning. Our son got in sometime during the night after travelling here for the weekend. Our oldest daughter and husband and 4 of the grandkids will be coming over later as well. That only leaves the youngest and her family in Tennessee who we will see around Christmas. Anyway our oldest daughter took me yesterday to pick up my new glasses, and said next spring after I retire, she would be glad to pick me up every Tuesday and take me to my golf league. My DW will come and get me when I'm done.... yay!!! People who retire from work are more than welcome to keep playing in the league as long as they wish, so I will be back to playing next year. :golfer: I worked with my wedges and some foam balls in the living room yesterday but this pill change is throwing my balance for a loop, it was hilarious :swoon:

It’s good to hear about families that enjoy each other’s company and will help when needed. So many people are all about themselves. We need more love in the world.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

To those outside the USA, Happy Thursday!

Coldest day this fall. High about 25, with sun.

Supposed to warm up tomorrow.

We had a pleasant day today went up to the 90s with a good strong breeze, summer is on its way.

Happy thanksgiving day to all my American friends, enjoy but stay somewhat sober.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

It's about 7°F outside right now. For some reason the cat wanted let out...again! She must handle the cold better than I!

Had an appointment yesterday morning with my GP. She took one look at me and said this has gone on long enough! An MRI is in the works. :) At least it's a start. I was warned that the wait for orthopedics is excruciatingly long as it's considered a "quality of life" issue rather than life threatening.

I have received healthcare in the US and it is first rate. As long as you have coverage, you get treated. There is a funding issue up here and as a result there is a scarcity of resources. Linking the funding of healthcare to the tax system isn't working anymore. They need to go back to the old system of direct payment of premiums to the provincial health insurance program much as it was when I was young.

On a more positive note, we leave in just over a week to see #2 son and DiL in Penticton along with their dog Millie and the latest member of the family, a cat whose name escapes me. This will be the first time we have stayed with them in their new (to them) house that they bought this past summer. I'm very much looking forward to getting away and seeing them again.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. May this time find all of your family and friends in the best of spirits. :wave:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

It's about 7°F outside right now. For some reason the cat wanted let out...again! She must handle the cold better than I!

Had an appointment yesterday morning with my GP. She took one look at me and said this has gone on long enough! An MRI is in the works. :) At least it's a start. I was warned that the wait for orthopedics is excruciatingly long as it's considered a "quality of life" issue rather than life threatening.

I have received healthcare in the US and it is first rate. As long as you have coverage, you get treated. There is a funding issue up here and as a result there is a scarcity of resources. Linking the funding of healthcare to the tax system isn't working anymore. They need to go back to the old system of direct payment of premiums to the provincial health insurance program much as it was when I was young.

On a more positive note, we leave in just over a week to see #2 son and DiL in Penticton along with their dog Millie and the latest member of the family, a cat whose name escapes me. This will be the first time we have stayed with them in their new (to them) house that they bought this past summer. I'm very much looking forward to getting away and seeing them again.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. May this time find all of your family and friends in the best of spirits. :wave:

Cats are not quite as bad as dogs. Dogs go out not because they need to but because they want to come in again so they can go out. We have two dogs that wear out the door mat to the back garden they are in and out so often.

We are lucky in Australia, the health care system generally is excellent unless we use a private facility we have totally free hospital treatment being pensioners, there can be some charge if you have health insurance and use the public system, and we have to pay a small amount if we use the private system. The government give a fixed amount depending on the treatment but the private system always charges more so we have to pay the difference. All up we have it godand the people looking after my wife this past few days have been outstanding.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Wishing all my fellow American Grillsters a Happy Thanksgiving Day!!! Family, food and good cheer. Maybe even some football in the mix. (Leo's. Yawn.)

Good to read that Mrs. Tol has finally had her procedure and hopefully on the mend. Dispensing orders is always a good sign. Congrats on the upcoming retirements for Conrad and SSP. You'll love it. Not enough hours in the day to get accomplished all that's on the list. And easy to put things off until the next, when something "more fun" presents itself. You'll become adept at learning how to blow things off. Prioritization.

Cold (18* early this a.m.), snow on the ground, feels more like Christmas. Golf is over for the year. Darn. Just as my game was falling apart. Plans for a makeover before next year.

Things have been hectic. Everything is O.K. Just needed to take a break from WRX'ing for awhile.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Talking about pets, I ran across this funny video on YouTube about 'Frog' the rooster from Atlanta Texas. It's worth watching, and there are several on there about him, crazy bird...

[media=]

[/media]

Thanks Six. I just showed it to my Grandkids and it was laughs and thumbs up. Looks like a toy bomb went off here but that's what Thanksgiving is all about.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Wishing all my fellow American Grillsters a Happy Thanksgiving Day!!! Family, food and good cheer. Maybe even some football in the mix. (Leo's. Yawn.)

Good to read that Mrs. Tol has finally had her procedure and hopefully on the mend. Dispensing orders is always a good sign. Congrats on the upcoming retirements for Conrad and SSP. You'll love it. Not enough hours in the day to get accomplished all that's on the list. And easy to put things off until the next, when something "more fun" presents itself. You'll become adept at learning how to blow things off. Prioritization.

Cold (18* early this a.m.), snow on the ground, feels more like Christmas. Golf is over for the year. Darn. Just as my game was falling apart. Plans for a makeover before next year.

Things have been hectic. Everything is O.K. Just needed to take a break from WRX'ing for awhile.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too and to all the Grillers. Don't be a stranger. I took a week off after the marathon of dragging Tol over the line to page 700. I think Reasey is resting up too :) If you are gone too long they send out the "Where's Waldo" squad.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Nice to hear from you and glad all is OK!

Happy Thanksgiving to all here in the good ole USA! And happiness to those outside the country!

I'm on the road this Thanksgiving but wiil be home for Christmas since I will be retired by then. Ha,

the company says it will buy me Thanksgiving dinner. Just got to list it in my expenses. That I will

gladly do. :)

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Glad to hear that all has been good with you! :good:

Looking forward to hearing about the golf game makeover. If I can't play, I will live vicariously through others! :golfer:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Thanks Fella, nice to have you back in the fold, missed your contribution and yes the search party was on the way.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Happy Thanksgiving toall you guys.

Fella, it is good to have you here again.

Rad,you are getting soo close to being ultra busy ! You will find many many things to do,and even not feel bad

about rain canceling a day on the course,because you dont have to work tomorrow either ! And you will be amazed how fast you

adjust to that idea. Usually happens after the 2nd pay check is deposited.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Talking about pets, I ran across this funny video on YouTube about 'Frog' the rooster from Atlanta Texas. It's worth watching, and there are several on there about him, crazy bird...

Just watched the video, brilliant, reminds me of some chicks we raised. To keep them warm from a day old we had them in a cage with a feather duster hanging for them to nestle in for warmth and one of them took to DW, every time we fed them it would jump up to be held. We did not let it live in the house though as they are not fussy where they leave their deposits.

We had several hens, can’t remember how many but we left the to roam around the property, they laid their eggs all over and when my sons friends came over we had egg hunts, any they found they could take home, quite often they never made it as they don’t scramble well from the pocket.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)