Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

How'd it go Tol?

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

So.............Cobi got us those watches that count your steps, among a bunch of other things.

I am amazed how the watch affects me. I get out of my truck and walk around to make my

watch happy; to get my step count up. So now I'm getting addicted to looking at my watch to

see my step count.

Sounds like you got a pair of Fitbits. I have had the Charge HR for a couple of years now. Download the app onto your phone and you can track all sorts of data, even your sleep patterns if you where it 24/7. (I don't.) I used to input my food for a while during the first year to get a handle on how many calories I was consuming, but haven't bothered with that for a while. It's a fairly good and low cost way of managing intake if you're dieting. Once you're in a routine in terms of what you eat then managing intake more or less looks after itself. The same applies to water intake and you will likely find that you aren't drinking enough water (and too much of everything else! :P)

Since I've had the thing I've dropped almost 30 pounds and I now "exercise" daily. (If you count walking as exercise.) So, it can be a bit of a motivator when used as intended. The rechargeable models are good for about 3 days between charges. When I left my carry-on back at the hotel in Victoria this summer, I think it was 4 days before I got my cable back and it didn't die even though I had been getting messages saying it was low for a day or two. All-in-all a pretty good piece of tech!

Ya, it does many things when paired up with an iphone. Like you, I don't wear it to bed.

I did for awhile and it kept telling me I was getting poor sleep because I don't get enough

deep sleep. I should probably do the sleep study. I blew it off before but I know I'm not

sleeping as well as I should, even after my sinus surgery. I'll probably ask my doc to order

up the sleep study again and do it this time, lol.

The steps feature is the main thing I like. It motivates me to get out of the truck and walk

and at home it motivates me as well. Mine lasts 3-4 days between charges.

I have been on a CPAT machine for 10 years now. Every year when I do my DOT physical I have to have the chip pulled and a readout done and my Doc gets a copy to go with my stuff. Believe it or not it is legal to use one while sleeping on the road but a lot of companies now will not hire you if it is noted on your DOT physical. Supposedly they have 12 volt ones too. If I went back on the road I would use an inverter. But I am not planning to go back over the road. In all seriousness you do need to do the sleep study and take what ever action that is necessary. For you coming off the road and retiring will help some but I would still have the study done to make sure

Ya, I plan to go ahead and do the sleep study when I'm home. Was holding off for a couple

reasons; one to see if I slept better with my sinuses clear, finally, and I wanted to lose some

weight to see if that helped. I have a friend who had sleep apnea and it went away when he

lost weight. I haven't lost weight yet though, lol. It's hard to do sitting on my a** driving a truck!

I haven't gained weight either; I've stabilized at about 30 lbs over weight for many years now.

I figure when I retire the weight will start coming off because I'll be a lot more active.

BTW, there are lots of truck drivers with CPAP machines on the road. Most drivers have inverters

in their trucks these days anyway so it's not a big deal to have a CPAP unit. I don't know anything

about the DOT end of it as far as the medical requirements, etc. I knew a driver at Schneider who

was using one on the road way back in 2005 so it's not a new thing. It wouldn't surprise me though

if DOT starts mandating sleep studies for truck drivers and CPAP machines since fatigue is the

most common cause of accidents out here.

SLED Gemini

I have a question for you guys using Google Chrome. I switched to it a few months back but it didn't

fix my page loading problem. Actually, Google Chrome considers Golfwrx an unsecure site. I learned

that websites that start with https are secure and websites that start with just http (without the s at the

end) are not secure.

Anyway, some of you are using Google Chrome and are not having the page load problems I am having.

Actually, it seems like I am the only one having a problem, lol. Golfwrx is the only site I visit that is not

secure and where I have these problems..........but my adblocking software works like a charm as I never

see a single ad while I'm here....or anywhere else for that matter. Every website I go to, except here,

pleads with me to disable my adblock software. Golfwrx says nothing about it but I wonder if my adblock

software is causing posts not to show and pages not to load until they are about half filled with posts.

LOL, I guess I shouldn't care as you guys don't seem to mind my pl posts but it is kind of frustrating to

have to post something just so I can see other's posts. It let's me see the posts once only and when I

come back later I have to post something again to see the latest posts. I still haven't figured out why.

SLED Gemini

I have a question for you guys using Google Chrome. I switched to it a few months back but it didn't

fix my page loading problem. Actually, Google Chrome considers Golfwrx an unsecure site. I learned

that websites that start with https are secure and websites that start with just http (without the s at the

end) are not secure.

Anyway, some of you are using Google Chrome and are not having the page load problems I am having.

Actually, it seems like I am the only one having a problem, lol. Golfwrx is the only site I visit that is not

secure and where I have these problems..........but my adblocking software works like a charm as I never

see a single ad while I'm here....or anywhere else for that matter. Every website I go to, except here,

pleads with me to disable my adblock software. Golfwrx says nothing about it but I wonder if my adblock

software is causing posts not to show and pages not to load until they are about half filled with posts.

LOL, I guess I shouldn't care as you guys don't seem to mind my pl posts but it is kind of frustrating to

have to post something just so I can see other's posts. It let's me see the posts once only and when I

come back later I have to post something again to see the latest posts. I still haven't figured out why.

sent you a PM hope it helps...if all i did was screw it up worse,then i totally blame Q...he is the one that got me into getting ideas from out of the air !

I am not a nerd...nor a smart person...i just have a good time living !!

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Scotee, Conrad, all has gone well, we will be travelling home tomorrow morning, rest of the day taking it quiet then she should be OK

Sixty

Same place, she had an angiogramme last year so we know all is well there.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

end) are not secure.

I use safari with an ad blocker, works well, no problems.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Just got back in town today...good vacation ...went to Ft. Smith....met my daughter there...played a couple rounds...dodged a couple storms..

wore sweaters the whole time......got a lot of catching up to do....

Welcome back billh, quiet in here the past few days. Let’s hear about your time away, goodtimes and bad shots :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I'm so glad things went well for your DW tol, that's great!

As for losing weight Rad, I've mentioned I'm in the middle of a pill change for my epilepsy. For the new one I'm taking on, one of the side effects is anorexia. I've lost 3 lbs already, and I'm only at 1/4 the dosage I will be at. I'm eating normally if not more than usual. So it's kinda funny how that works. This process will take about 4 more weeks to complete as I finish ramping up on the new one, and off of the old one, as I am still at full strength on the other 3 and will continue on those of course. This one won't work as well unfortunately, and I had a little seizure trouble overnight. I had every intention to get up this morning and take the day off as my pea brain was extremely confused during the middle of the night, and I knew I wouldn't be able to pull this day off working with a clear brain. Now that I'm up things seem to have fallen into place, so I'm deciding on what to do. I had already taken tomorrow off as a vacation day, so if I can make it through today, I'm in the clear till Monday. It's a challenge. Retirement will be so welcome. It could always be worse, no matter what your situation, someone always has a bigger problem of course.

More rain. Raining this morning, more of a drizzle, but rain.

Took apart a Vornado table fan for the missus yesterday. She wanted to clean the blades and such. I don't know what kind of screws the manufacturer used, but the head looked like nothing I ever saw. I used a Craftsman screw extractor to get the screws out. After she cleaned the device, I got 4 real screws and reassembled the fan. A real pain in the neck.

About all I did yesterday.

Scotee, Conrad, all has gone well, we will be travelling home tomorrow morning, rest of the day taking it quiet then she should be OK

Sixty

Same place, she had an angiogramme last year so we know all is well there.

This is great news, tol! :clapping:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

end) are not secure.

I have used Chrome for years as my primary browser. I've never had a problem with pages loading on WRX. I do however have issues with extensions working properly on certain web sites which forces me to use Edge as a backup browser to get those pages to load properly.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

As for losing weight Rad, I've mentioned I'm in the middle of a pill change for my epilepsy. For the new one I'm taking on, one of the side effects is anorexia. I've lost 3 lbs already, and I'm only at 1/4 the dosage I will be at. I'm eating normally if not more than usual. So it's kinda funny how that works. This process will take about 4 more weeks to complete as I finish ramping up on the new one, and off of the old one, as I am still at full strength on the other 3 and will continue on those of course. This one won't work as well unfortunately, and I had a little seizure trouble overnight. I had every intention to get up this morning and take the day off as my pea brain was extremely confused during the middle of the night, and I knew I wouldn't be able to pull this day off working with a clear brain. Now that I'm up things seem to have fallen into place, so I'm deciding on what to do. I had already taken tomorrow off as a vacation day, so if I can make it through today, I'm in the clear till Monday. It's a challenge. Retirement will be so welcome. It could always be worse, no matter what your situation, someone always has a bigger problem of course.

Thanks for the reminder, Sixty. I know that your issues and those faced by tol's DW are far more serious than what I'm dealing with, but in all honesty I'm just about at whit's end. It's beginning to become an elusive goal to even get comfortable sitting or laying for any length of time. I've been up for two hours and I don't think that I've set still for more than 5 minutes! It has taken me about four attempts to finish this single post... :(

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I have never known anyone with epilepsy, from what Ihear it’s totally randomn when it happens. The only time I have encoutered it was shortly after we came to Australia. We were travelling on a train almost at our destination when a young man went into a fit, he fell to the floor and everyone stood there watching and doing nothing. DW and I went over and helped him untill he was still, then we helped him off the train, it was not his station but it was for the best. We phoned a family member who came to the station to pick him up and take him home we stayed with him untill thy arrived, then caught the next train home.

The overwhelming impression we had was that people thought it was catching, it was obvious what it was, and if we had not helped he would have been left on the floor to fend for himself. Sometimes I despair at the human race, helping our fellow men and women should be one of our primary concerns.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thanks for the reminder, Sixty. I know that your issues and those faced by tol's DW are far more serious than what I'm dealing with, but in all honesty I'm just about at whit's end. It's beginning to become an elusive goal to even get comfortable sitting or laying for any length of time. I've been up for two hours and I don't think that I've set still for more than 5 minutes! It has taken me about four attempts to finish this single post... :(

In reality, back pain is one of the most debilitating and difficult to treat conditions we can have, I know the lengths we have tried to cure DWs back pain, specialists who promised a cure, private hospitals that supposedly only treated back pain, and nothing has happened for more than a week, apart from reducing our bank balance. At least with both epilepsy and my wife’s heart condition they can be helped to sometimes reduce to almost negligible discomfort. Back pain however is not that easy, pills and potions only mask the pain, and excersize whist it can help is once again stopped by the condition itself.

I know your despair and frustration, I see it in my wife’s eyes when she is trying to tell me she is OK.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I have never known anyone with epilepsy, from what Ihear it’s totally randomn when it happens. The only time I have encoutered it was shortly after we came to Australia. We were travelling on a train almost at our destination when a young man went into a fit, he fell to the floor and everyone stood there watching and doing nothing. DW and I went over and helped him untill he was still, then we helped him off the train, it was not his station but it was for the best. We phoned a family member who came to the station to pick him up and take him home we stayed with him untill thy arrived, then caught the next train home.

The overwhelming impression we had was that people thought it was catching, it was obvious what it was, and if we had not helped he would have been left on the floor to fend for himself. Sometimes I despair at the human race, helping our fellow men and women should be one of our primary concerns.

Bravo for you two, tol! My mother suffered from epilepsy and i experienced her first seizure when I was maybe only 7 or 8 years old. I thought that she had died right before my very eyes when she hit the floor with a thud! It was controllable with medication, but as Sixty has indicated each case is unique and it can take time to get the right medication.

In her later years, it didn't seem to be as much of an issue, but that may simply have been a reflection of the meds and getting the dosages right. She drove right up to her death from post surgical complications following having a tumor removed from her large intestine.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

In reality, back pain is one of the most debilitating and difficult to treat conditions we can have, I know the lengths we have tried to cure DWs back pain, specialists who promised a cure, private hospitals that supposedly only treated back pain, and nothing has happened for more than a week, apart from reducing our bank balance. At least with both epilepsy and my wife’s heart condition they can be helped to sometimes reduce to almost negligible discomfort. Back pain however is not that easy, pills and potions only mask the pain, and excersize whist it can help is once again stopped by the condition itself.

I know your despair and frustration, I see it in my wife’s eyes when she is trying to tell me she is OK.

Thank you for the kind words. It does make a difference. :)

---------------------------

It looks as though my chances of getting one final grass cutting done this year is rapidly fading as a fresh coating of snow is falling this morning. We aren't supposed to get more than a trace amount, but we're already beyond that. This will continue this morning and return tomorrow morning for a total accumulation of an inch of two. Not enough to worry about shoveling, but enough to cover everything. With January like temperatures set to follow over the next couple of days it will stay until the rains hit on the weekend which will likely close the window of opportunity.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

My daughter just brought me home from work a little while ago, I never should have gone in, but I thought it would get better I guess.

So the grand mal seizure as you described it. The new name for it is tonic clonic seizure in case any of you hear that term. I had that type for the first 25 years. The person that is having them is not aware of what is going on. The best thing to do is to just let it happen and make sure they are in a safe atmosphere where they can't get hurt. They can't hear you, and you don't want to touch them while it's happening. You were very kind to help him out afterwards, that kind of consideration is very much appreciated believe me. About 13 years ago, my seizures totally changed and became complex partial seizures. No more grand mals, only complex partials, and some absence seizures. This is very rare as once you have the grand mals, you pretty much stick with them. I started with one med. for the first 25 years, and when I got the cp's they added a 2nd med. keeping me on the first just in case I needed one to keep the g mals at bay. They both worked for a while then the cp's increased some after a couple of years, they increased the dosage, and added a third drug. One of those failed so they abandoned all 3 within 1 year and changed to 3 others ramping up on the new and down on the other. All the time it made my brain a circus. Since then I changed some one at a time, with dosages increasing until they added yet a 4th one. They finally all worked perfectly until this year when I found out the newest would cost me $682 on Medicare out of my pocket. So that's what I'm doing now (I'm actually on 5 at the moment) for 2 months is phasing back to one of the ones from before, that one which will be generic, and not cost me anything at retirement. It's wreaking havoc at the moment, but the wallet will be happy, and so life goes on....

However, Sco, I feel worse for you at least I can sleep. I hope you can get some resolution to your situation. There is always a way, you have to believe that. I will keep your situation at heart and in my prayers,

Can relate to the back issues. Cobi has spinal stenosis and 3 types of arthritis in her back.

She got to the point where she has refused further treatments because they don't work and

often make things worse or have other side effects.

She is in constant pain but I guess you could say she has learned to live with a certain pain

level and she just carries on and stays busy most of the time. About once a month her back

will go into spasms and that pretty much takes her out for a few days. Only then does she

take a pain pill. It'll last for a few days and then the spasms go away and she's back on her

feet again and busy.

She manages the situation the best she can, keeps slim and trim and stays active, eats

right and takes lots of supplements and only takes a pain pill when her back spasms and

the pain becomes unbearable.

When I'm home I give her back rubs and rub in pain relievers like Arctic Blast or MSM lotion.

Those are the only 2 topical treatments that actually give her some relief; most don't work

at all. She has also used a tens unit over the years but it causes skin irritations and she

rarely uses it any more.

I'm so very proud of her for how she manages to live with her back and spine troubles. She

is one tough cookie is all I can say. Her doctors have looked at her back xrays and just

shake their heads and tell me to not ever complain about my problems.

SLED Gemini

Good news indeed Tol ! Now the battle to get her to take it easy for a while ! Good luck with that. And I know what you mean about

her saying she is fine ...with that look in the eyes that says different...The really bad thing is when there is nothing you can do to help.

Wriggs, I dont think i have ever complimented a military cook...my bad manners ,I guess. I am like the huge majority of the soldiers

who go thru a mess hall every day...I always just assumed that everyone who worked there was forced into it ! Never dawned on a lot of folks

that someone was actually a cook ! But,I do remember that one week i got to spend at an Air Force base over there....OMG the food....

it was GOOD ! and the ICE COLD CHOCOLATE MILK !!!!!! I volunteered for perimeter security every night if they'd let me stay ! Did not work....

All you guys with the health issues,you have my thoughts. Been there...mine was only as bad in the short term..after recovery,i can still golf

and take care of myself. You guys have a long term issue and i know its gotta be tough. Hang in there.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Good news indeed Tol ! Now the battle to get her to take it easy for a while ! Good luck with that. And I know what you mean about

her saying she is fine ...with that look in the eyes that says different...The really bad thing is when there is nothing you can do to help.

Wriggs, I dont think i have ever complimented a military cook...my bad manners ,I guess. I am like the huge majority of the soldiers

who go thru a mess hall every day...I always just assumed that everyone who worked there was forced into it ! Never dawned on a lot of folks

that someone was actually a cook ! But,I do remember that one week i got to spend at an Air Force base over there....OMG the food....

it was GOOD ! and the ICE COLD CHOCOLATE MILK !!!!!! I volunteered for perimeter security every night if they'd let me stay ! Did not work....

All you guys with the health issues,you have my thoughts. Been there...mine was only as bad in the short term..after recovery,i can still golf

and take care of myself. You guys have a long term issue and i know its gotta be tough. Hang in there.

If I remember correctly, in BCT, chocolate milk was dispensed by a machine at the end of the chow line, next to the regular milk. Can't recall whether the milk was originally gotten in huge cartons, cans or what. Later, after cook school, I believe all milk came in half pint cartons.

You're right. that chocolate milk was the best. Now, I just drink Nestle's Quik in regular milk a couple times a week. Always liked Quik, hated Ovaltine.

Cooks were traditionally thought of being the stupidest guys in the Army. I don't know about that. Just saw a you tube video about McNamara's Morons. Don't know if that's true, either. About low IQ guys were drafted to meet combat soldier quotas. Seems it's something the government might do, though.

My back has been hurting since about last Friday. Walked a few holes Sunday, felt much worse yesterday. I put off calling the chiropractor, for I have an appointment for next week. Today, I feel a bit better, a little pain, but no sharp, screaming pain on a wrong movement.

Take care.

Can relate to the back issues. Cobi has spinal stenosis and 3 types of arthritis in her back.

She got to the point where she has refused further treatments because they don't work and

She is in constant pain but I guess you could say she has learned to live with a certain pain

level and she just carries on and stays busy most of the time. About once a month her back

will go into spasms and that pretty much takes her out for a few days. Only then does she

take a pain pill. It'll last for a few days and then the spasms go away and she's back on her

feet again and busy.

She manages the situation the best she can, keeps slim and trim and stays active, eats

right and takes lots of supplements and only takes a pain pill when her back spasms and

When I'm home I give her back rubs and rub in pain relievers like Arctic Blast or MSM lotion.

Those are the only 2 topical treatments that actually give her some relief; most don't work

at all. She has also used a tens unit over the years but it causes skin irritations and she

rarely uses it any more.

I'm so very proud of her for how she manages to live with her back and spine troubles. She

is one tough cookie is all I can say. Her doctors have looked at her back xrays and just

I did sports pain relief with my Judo and it helps with the back pain, I can stop the pain completely but it only lasts a few hours a d she will not have it done when we are going out as the cream I use is very smelly.

I think I have posted this before and cannot remember the full details but we went to a specialist :). He said everyone that helped previously were no good and he was going to phone them and tell them, my massage was useless and was training the brain so the pain would not go away.

He wanted us to make an 80 mile round journy twice a week for three months to attend his specialist exersize clinic that would permenantly fix the problem. I think he was charging about $75 a session so that was a minimum of $150 a week for 12 weeks, extensions would be recommended as required. He also told us he made no money from this treatment as it was an indipendant business run by a friend, even though it was a brand new gym next to his consulting room. We were also told an operation was the best treatment but we would not be able to afford him. He then went on to recommend we did a dry run to his clinic in the car during off peak hours so that we would know our way there, being pensioners he understood our reluctance to travel far in our car, that almost earned him a smack round the head.

Suffice to say we did not take up. His offer, he was out of his brain and talked and acted as if he was on something. This was our last visit to a back pain specialist. When the ablation is final, that’s about six months to determine its success or otherwise DW is going to try spookies exercise routines, exercise helps but any after pain has caused stress and then the AF came on so she had to stop, now we are hoping she can work through the pain and fix her back with exercise.

The one factor in all of this which has gone on over several years is the back pain experts do not know if their cures? will work, every last one of them take the money then tell you sorry can’t help any more.

The story continues.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

feet again and busy.

rarely uses it any more.

I did sports pain relief with my Judo and it helps with the back pain, I can stop the pain completely but it only lasts a few hours a d she will not have it done when we are going out as the cream I use is very smelly.

I think I have posted this before and cannot remember the full details but we went to a specialist :). He said everyone that helped previously were no good and he was going to phone them and tell them, my massage was useless and was training the brain so the pain would not go away.

He wanted us to make an 80 mile round journy twice a week for three months to attend his specialist exersize clinic that would permenantly fix the problem. I think he was charging about $75 a session so that was a minimum of $150 a week for 12 weeks, extensions would be recommended as required. He also told us he made no money from this treatment as it was an indipendant business run by a friend, even though it was a brand new gym next to his consulting room. We were also told an operation was the best treatment but we would not be able to afford him. He then went on to recommend we did a dry run to his clinic in the car during off peak hours so that we would know our way there, being pensioners he understood our reluctance to travel far in our car, that almost earned him a smack round the head.

Suffice to say we did not take up. His offer, he was out of his brain and talked and acted as if he was on something. This was our last visit to a back pain specialist. When the ablation is final, that’s about six months to determine its success or otherwise DW is going to try spookies exercise routines, exercise helps but any after pain has caused stress and then the AF came on so she had to stop, now we are hoping she can work through the pain and fix her back with exercise.

The one factor in all of this which has gone on over several years is the back pain experts do not know if their cures? will work, every last one of them take the money then tell you sorry can’t help any more.

The story continues.

feet again and busy.

rarely uses it any more.

The story continues.

There are some advanced options out there but no one will cover them so it's all out of pocket

and out of our price range and there's no guarantee if they would even work. Medicare wanted

Cobi to have nerve ablations in her back just to treat the pain so we researched it and read about

others who have had it done and Cobi decided to not go that route. In her case the nerve ablations

are very likely to be unsuccessful and could make her situation worse. It was just the next step

in a progression that Medicare would authorize and pay for.

Essentially, we just halted her treatment at that point and we're dealing with her issues the best

we can through diet and exercise, etc. Backs are tough issues because it's not only the back but

the spine as well and that becomes a neurological issue as well as a bone and joint issue.

SLED Gemini

Nice story on Ireland in the WRX articles today. I'm not much of a traveler, admittedly, but I

would enjoy a trip to Ireland to see the sights and play some golf. It's a little funny because

I've been listening to an Irish group lately and one of my favorite songs of theirs is singing

about a place way up on the north coast called Inishowen. I later watched a video by a drone

flying about the Inishowen peninsula and thinking what an incredible place.....in the summer,

of course.

Maybe it's the Irish blood in me, hahaha, as I'm essentially an Irish Cherokee with a little Heinz

57 for the rest. I've always enjoyed the Irish lore and the Irish people seem like happy go lucky

people; which is pretty much how I am.

SLED Gemini

Beware The Thanksgiving Salad: CDC Says No Romaine Lettuce Is Safe

https://www.npr.org/...lettuce-is-safe

Beware The Thanksgiving Salad: CDC Says No Romaine Lettuce Is Safe

https://www.npr.org/...lettuce-is-safe

We grow our own these days to stay safe and eat healthier. I don't buy produce

on the road any more. Policies are in place to prevent cross contamination but

it happens anyway when people get lax and don't follow safe food procedures.

SLED Gemini

Nice story on Ireland in the WRX articles today. I'm not much of a traveler, admittedly, but I

would enjoy a trip to Ireland to see the sights and play some golf. It's a little funny because

I've been listening to an Irish group lately and one of my favorite songs of theirs is singing

about a place way up on the north coast called Inishowen. I later watched a video by a drone

flying about the Inishowen peninsula and thinking what an incredible place.....in the summer,

of course.

Maybe it's the Irish blood in me, hahaha, as I'm essentially an Irish Cherokee with a little Heinz

57 for the rest. I've always enjoyed the Irish lore and the Irish people seem like happy go lucky

If you go to Ireland, go to Southern Ireland not the north. They are different countries and the south are much nicer people, quiet, softly spoken.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

of course.

[media=]

[/media]

Yes, with Alabama as a home base now you can 'thank your lucky charms y'all' :happy:

My ancestry is a mix of mostly English, then Irish, and German...

of course.

[media=]

[/media]

I always thought the movie, "The Quiet Man" with the Duke summed up my worldly idea of Paradise. Quaint little village, a nice cottage, and fiery Mary Kate. Who could want more? Maybe, a nice old Jaguar roadster, and Penny, the Golden Retriever to top it all.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)