2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Hate to bring such a

Racy!

Element to The Grille.

But this commercial made is definitely my favorite.

[media=]

[/media]

How the GF dumps the water on him at the end. Ahhh, simpler times ; )

.....then she laughs about, more like smash him with it after pouring.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

These ladies should have ordered a Keurig from Amazon..hahaha Besides, if they knew Mrs. Olson that well, wouldn't they already know what kind of coffee she made? duh Plus, what about the duffusses they were married to, today their wives would just tell them to shove it, hahaha

[media=]

[/media]

How did they get away with those ads, there would be riots on the street.

My golf balls are Mountain grown.

Over here, they actually seem to become possible again. Except that the complaing part woul be the missus every second time.

And actually, my wife makes terrible coffee.

Hey Conrad, when were you injured by a billboard? :)

Oh, billboards are dangerous for some people. I can handle them but for some they're like

texting while driving. They look up that billboard while they're driving trying to read all the

lawyers' names and phone #s and then they are distracted and crash.....but they remember!

.....the lawyers names and phone #s....and so they call them to sue somebody for causing

them to have an accident.

Yeah, we have a lot of these lawyer 'teams' around here too. Of course they want to 'help' you in your difficult times, don't get paid unless you get paid. (but if you get paid, I'm sure they get paid a lot) They always have those team names too, you know, call the 'Law Firm of Harpo, Chico, and Zippo, either that or they try to appeal to you by the main guy, "Hi, I'm Fred Chico I was born and raised right here in Phoenix, I went to high school here, I learned to ride a bike here just like you, and I eat southwestern food just like you. You wouldn't trust someone who didn't learn to ride a bike here, why would you want an attorney from somewhere else? Call me, and I'll take care of your legal needs. 1-800- Chico4U. And remember, I don't get paid, unless you get paid.

Here's examples of what we actually have around here that I'm talking about, the 'I don't get paid unless you do, and the I was born here so that's a good reason for me to be your attorney'...do you guys have anything like this in your area?

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

These ladies should have ordered a Keurig from Amazon..hahaha Besides, if they knew Mrs. Olson that well, wouldn't they already know what kind of coffee she made? duh Plus, what about the duffusses they were married to, today their wives would just tell them to shove it, hahaha

They didn’t, I guess it was this kind of stuff that got the hippie, women lib things going a few years later. The psychedelic women of woodstock didnt make coffee for their hippie boyfriends supposedly. Maybe joints.

[media=]

[/media]

They didn’t, I guess it was this kind of stuff that got the hippie, women lib things going a few years later. The psychedelic women of woodstock didnt make coffee for their hippie boyfriends supposedly. Maybe joints.

Now that's funny Hank... How's the joint dear? 'Honey, your joints are awful, they're not wrapped tight, they fall apart, and the weed is stale. The girls down at the club roll wonderful joints'... (wife thinking to herself) ooooOOOO 'dang, I thought I rolled a good joint, I'm going next door to see if Mrs.Olson can show me how. She always makes a good pot.'

Snow is mostly all gone, at least in town. Yesterday, schools were closed, due to power outages. I guess the frozen ice caused all the mayhem. My 85 year old buddy called me around 10:00 am, regarding a cellar light. He picked me up (We live a few blocks apart.) He said he knew I would walk to his place before I took the ATS out.) Right on the money, just saving the car for the next guy.

Anyhow, I just did an easy fixit. Just screwed in one of those pull chain devices into the socket. Problem solved.

We had coffee at the new remodeled McDonalds. Seems there's less space now, just new areas to electronically order your delicious meal. (Yuck!) People were all talking about the power outages, and such. The parking lot is a zoo, cars zipping around, impatient to get their stuff.

The general populace is just nuts.

Snow is mostly all gone, at least in town. Yesterday, schools were closed, due to power outages. I guess the frozen ice caused all the mayhem. My 85 year old buddy called me around 10:00 am, regarding a cellar light. He picked me up (We live a few blocks apart.) He said he knew I would walk to his place before I took the ATS out.) Right on the money, just saving the car for the next guy.

Anyhow, I just did an easy fixit. Just screwed in one of those pull chain devices into the socket. Problem solved.

We had coffee at the new remodeled McDonalds. Seems there's less space now, just new areas to electronically order your delicious meal. (Yuck!) People were all talking about the power outages, and such. The parking lot is a zoo, cars zipping around, impatient to get their stuff.

The newly remodeled McDonald's kinda look more like Doctor offices or some kind of business, not a family friendly place as before. Maybe a place now where Ronald McDonald can go in a corner with his pad or smartphone and text other clowns or just anything else to shut out others who are clowns, not realizing he is one himself, (as he was caught on hidden camera recently saying "I don't want to sit with one of those clowns while I drink my latte"), plus he was in a Hardee's to boot! The new design of course was certainly done by single for life 23 year old architect ghRainieightay Stott-Thurp, the first gh being silent, the rest of course pronounced Renay, Stott being her dad's maiden name...

The newly remodeled McDonald's kinda look more like Doctor offices or some kind of business, not a family friendly place as before. Maybe a place now where Ronald McDonald can go in a corner with his pad or smartphone and text other clowns or just anything else to shut out others who are clowns, not realizing he is one himself, (as he was caught on hidden camera recently saying "I don't want to sit with one of those clowns while I drink my latte"), plus he was in a Hardee's to boot! The new design of course was certainly done by single for life 23 year old architect ghRainieightay Stott-Thurp, the first gh being silent, the rest of course pronounced Renay, Stott being her dad's maiden name...

They will not have to worry about me patronizing ANY McDonalds period after what one here in Dirty Myrtle did to a homeless disabled veteran. It was all on social media about a year ago. The esteemed Myrtle Beach Police Dept was no help either neither was that beer distributor hag they elected Mayor either. Glad I do not live in Myrtle. Nothing was really done. I got in one of my tirades about the incident up at the store the other night. A lady said well it is just a franchise. I told her yeah but corporate should have showed some nads and pulled all of the guy's franchises. I am a veteran myself and can not stand to see a fellow veteran treated in the matter this guy was. I further stated I would eat a bag of chips and a sandwich out of the cooler at the Scotchman store I was at before I would go across the street at Mickey Dees. I further inflamed the lady in the store by saying "Anyone that patronizes ANY Mickey Dees does not give a hoot about America's Veterans" Now in defense the whole thing was pushed under the table so to speak after it went viral and some folks across the country do not know about the incident but they can be forgiven for eating there. In fact the one across the street is doing the remodel thing. Told someone the other day the best thing was to bulldoze it down and put a Wendy's or Taco bell there. To clarify the part of the Mayor the esteemed citizens of Myrtle elected a lady who her and her family own the largest beer distributorship on the beach. Ok Rant Over going to play golf with Bear and the NY boys

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I don't know that the general population is nuts or that they're just behaving the way that they've been trained by the endless bombardment of commercials that say it's all about you and then the demands of modern life which requires everyone to always be in a rush.

One of the side effects of being hurt is that you have a lot of time on your hands to ponder what the rest of the world is up to. Things that you never paid notice to when you were busy cramming every minute of every day as is the way for so many.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I don't know that the general population is nuts or that they're just behaving the way that they've been trained by the endless bombardment of commercials that say it's all about you and then the demands of modern life which requires everyone to always be in a rush.

One of the side effects of being hurt is that you have a lot of time on your hands to ponder what the rest of the world is up to. Things that you never paid notice to when you were busy cramming every minute of every day as is the way for so many.

We have a tendency to isolate ourselves, too many traps out there, and unfortunately I have had to remind many younger generstion being older does not automatically mean being senile. The last and most rude was a female dentist, she was giving me advice and talking down to me as if I was a two year old. I had to remind her I found my own way to the surgery and can brush my own teeth without the aid of a chair to stand on. She was a little surprised so I told her the tone of her voice was insulting and for some reason the consult was quickly terminated. Only one of many I have reminded about manners, I know it may sound as if I overreacted but some of the younger generation have never been taught respect. Sixty is very lucky with his young work colleagues.

As you say, retirement gives you time to reflect.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Around here it is total nuts especially in Tourist season. Tourists are always rushing trying to do too much in the time they have here on vacation. The retirees are something else. They will poke down the highway until they see they are maybe not going to make the red light and then suddenly they will floor it. But do not get in their way going into the convenience store early in the morning they are scared the store may sell the last newspaper or lottery ticket and they will run through you to get there. Yeah on the roads here it is either 5 or 95. Yep I do not go slow but I do not rush either I just sorta plod along. Summer tourism really gives me the chuckles on the golf courses. You will see these out of towners rushing to play an emergency 9 before having to take Momma and the kids to the Sea Food buffet and the amusement park. And good gracious Wal Mart stays full---- I told the wife one day I guess these tourons come to the beach to go to Wal Mart either that or one would think they do not have one where they live. Had a group of 8 on the motel package yesterday trying to bully around the bag drop guys some sorta pushed rushed in front of Checkers to get his ticket to the bag drop guy. The bag drop guy ignored him and took our ticket. Our stuff was already on the carts. He was a d bag asked Checkers what tee time we had? Bear told him it was none of his fricking business he did not work there. The bag drop guys told him 10:00 and that is ahead of you besides they are LOCAL MEMBERS. I looked at the guy and told him flat out "Yep membership has it's privileges and if you don't like it go back home!!!" He looked deflated as we rode off. The bag drop guy later told us he deliberately held them back a extra 10 minutes or so. One of the reasons I have turned down several Bag drop / starter and ranger jobs here I can not stand their attitudes and will not put up with their BS.

We have a tendency to isolate ourselves, too many traps out there, and unfortunately I have had to remind many younger generstion being older does not automatically mean being senile. The last and most rude was a female dentist, she was giving me advice and talking down to me as if I was a two year old. I had to remind her I found my own way to the surgery and can brush my own teeth without the aid of a chair to stand on. She was a little surprised so I told her the tone of her voice was insulting and for some reason the consult was quickly terminated. Only one of many I have reminded about manners, I know it may sound as if I overreacted but some of the younger generation have never been taught respect. Sixty is very lucky with his young work colleagues.

Yeah I hate it when people insult my intelligence. I also will not tolerate being talked down to. I do not treat people like that and will not be treated like that. A lot of people especially these Tourons do not know how to react to me when I fly back at them. Usually they look shocked when I fly back on them and will not take their crap. A lot of the older retirees get into a jam and I will be the first to help them without talking them down. Helped a 80 year old man the other day in Wendy's get his Coke out of the new fangled computerized drink dispenser. He said he felt stupid. I told him naaaw it is a new thing besides I had to have a 12 year old show me how to work the damn thing 2 weeks prior. I told him in the future if he had problems like that to find him a 12 year old and they can show him. That old codger thought I was hilarious. He told me he guessed that was what Great Grand kids were for.

Yeah I hate it when people insult my intelligence. I also will not tolerate being talked down to. I do not treat people like that and will not be treated like that. A lot of people especially these Tourons do not know how to react to me when I fly back at them. Usually they look shocked when I fly back on them and will not take their crap. A lot of the older retirees get into a jam and I will be the first to help them without talking them down. Helped a 80 year old man the other day in Wendy's get his Coke out of the new fangled computerized drink dispenser. He said he felt stupid. I told him naaaw it is a new thing besides I had to have a 12 year old show me how to work the damn thing 2 weeks prior. I told him in the future if he had problems like that to find him a 12 year old and they can show him. That old codger thought I was hilarious. He told me he guessed that was what Great Grand kids were for.

Two houses ago we lived in a very heavy tourist area, one of Queensland’s best and safest beaches all of 3-4 miles long. It always amazed me how they thought they had preference because they were staying in a hotel. We loved the winter because it was still reasonable beach weather and they were all gone. School holidays were the worst times as the over privileged kids were even worse than the parents. The locals old and young were fantastic people easy to get on with. My MIL lived on her own there for Seven years, she was in her 80s and never had any trouble. We lived about 5 miles from the town but it was across a bay so it was a 70 mile round trip to go shopping or to the beach, a long way but well worth it to live there.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

If everyone was like me, there would be no fast food or even restaurant industry. I almost never go to restaurants of any kind. I can't remember last time I ate a McDonalds hamburger or anything. Just no desire to eat that crap. My idea of fast food is a can of Chunky Soup or Chef Boyardi, equally crap, I guess.

The hotel industry would be kaput, too, if I was the norm. The last time I stayed in a hotel was in 1993, for a SIL's funeral.

I recall back in the late 1970's, I was working in the steel mill, making a bunch of forced overtime wages. When the mills shut down, I had saved $77K. When I told a friend that he should have several thousands saved in the bank, he replied, "I'm not living like you." Always remembered that line.

Can't say I feel deprived because I don't eat in restaurants, and buy all the foolish latest and greatest stuff. The missus and her widowed sister go on vacations and excursions together. I can't help but chuckle, when they tell me the food was terrible, or the accommodations were lousy. As my late mother used to say, "Nobody is twisting your arm to go there."

Their latest is a December overnight trip to a fairly local hotel called Tara, a "Gone with the Wind" type southern mansion nearby in Sharon, PA. I'm just glad Mrs. Wriggles has her sister to accompany her on this stuff.

I always say, "I don't have to pay money to get treated like crap. I get it for free."

I guess throwing money away is what makes the world go around.

To each his own. Whatever floats your boat.

My DW found yesterday since she won the Ohio championship for triathlon this year in her age bracket, she's invited next year to represent Ohio in the National Championship, which is held in August in Cleveland. It's right next to the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame also https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Triathlon/Events/National-Championships/2019/2019-Age-Group-National-Championships.

If everyone was like me, there would be no fast food or even restaurant industry. I almost never go to restaurants of any kind. I can't remember last time I ate a McDonalds hamburger or anything. Just no desire to eat that crap. My idea of fast food is a can of Chunky Soup or Chef Boyardi, equally crap, I guess.

The hotel industry would be kaput, too, if I was the norm. The last time I stayed in a hotel was in 1993, for a SIL's funeral.

I recall back in the late 1970's, I was working in the steel mill, making a bunch of forced overtime wages. When the mills shut down, I had saved $77K. When I told a friend that he should have several thousands saved in the bank, he replied, "I'm not living like you." Always remembered that line.

Can't say I feel deprived because I don't eat in restaurants, and buy all the foolish latest and greatest stuff. The missus and her widowed sister go on vacations and excursions together. I can't help but chuckle, when they tell me the food was terrible, or the accommodations were lousy. As my late mother used to say, "Nobody is twisting your arm to go there."

Their latest is a December overnight trip to a fairly local hotel called Tara, a "Gone with the Wind" type southern mansion nearby in Sharon, PA. I'm just glad Mrs. Wriggles has her sister to accompany her on this stuff.

I always say, "I don't have to pay money to get treated like crap. I get it for free."

I guess throwing money away is what makes the world go around.

To each his own. Whatever floats your boat.

LOL I am a connoisseur of Chef Boyardee myself and like some types of Campbell's canned soup. I really like the Progresso brand of Italian wedding soup. But you are more than likely correct about it being crap. In fact one of my friends at church is what I call a "Real Italian" as in born and raised in Italy. They have been over here over 40 years now. His wife makes all her own pasta from scratch and she will not be subtle about it either when you mention Chef Boyardee or Progresso or any of that stuff. She will do the gesture like the old Italians in the movies and say "that stuff is s**t!" And BTW both of them speak perfect English too. Wish I had met you years ago when I had plenty of money I threw around. But I was born broke and was broke for a while. I learned to spend money from my old man who was a gambler> When he won it he spent it fast. When he was broke he was frugal. I ended up the same way but I have had fun. Now we live modest but comfortable Personally my biggest expenditure is playing golf for either greens fees or memberships. You know I play older clubs I find on a scrap pile or that someone gives me. Still drive the old Dodge Dakota pick up that I have drove the last 10 years. I keep patching it together and it refuses to die. I guess by me working in a scrap yard and it being parked there 5 days a week it knows when it dies what it's fate will be so it holds on. Never know with that thing it has technically "died" 2 or 3 times the last few years but somehow I bring it back. I never know it may fly all to hell when I crank it up to go to church this morning. I can not say a word. It has been a good one. Now I am going to spend some money either this afternoon or Monday. Our Love seat has died or rather collapsed. Last night it gave up and my big butt fell through it and I ain't joking either. Was funny our dog had the WTF? look. My wife has suggested getting 2 recliners and me getting a nice one. She told me we have the money and this was not the time to be a cheap SOB. So off I go recliner shopping after Church. If I find one I like I can load it on my truck myself and get it home and the love seat does have metal in it so to the yard it can go in the morning. The wife is also going to get her a recliner she likes. Do not care if the colors match the decor we want comfort and function over looks any day. This will be the first new furniture besides the bed and TV we have bought in over 20 years

My DW found yesterday since she won the Ohio championship for triathlon this year in her age bracket, she's invited next year to represent Ohio in the National Championship, which is held in August in Cleveland. It's right next to the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame also https://www.teamusa....-Championships.

I thought it wonderful when you posted she won it to begin with. See I do not forget SOME things. Now that trip is the perks a trip to Cleveland and the motel right by the Rock and Roll hall of fame

My DW found yesterday since she won the Ohio championship for triathlon this year in her age bracket, she's invited next year to represent Ohio in the National Championship, which is held in August in Cleveland. It's right next to the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame also https://www.teamusa....-Championships.

Very cool! Please extend our congratulations! :good:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

If everyone was like me, there would be no fast food or even restaurant industry. I almost never go to restaurants of any kind. I can't remember last time I ate a McDonalds hamburger or anything. Just no desire to eat that crap.

Well not nowadays. But I look back on the happy 80's when the normal McD order was 2 Royale with cheese, and additional hamburger, big fries, big sprite and a sundae afterwards, and nothing happened around the waistline. Those were the days...

That said, I had one of my biggest ego boosts in a long time this morning when I watched my upper body reflection in the bathroom mirror, my daughter strolled by saying "you're holding your breath"(in scandinavian). And I didn't. Knowing that my daughter never is polite to me in those situations -The best moment of my weight loss journey so far....

Good luck with your furniture shopping, STU. The new stuff sure doesn't hold up like the stuff from years ago did. We bought really expensive reclining sofa and loveseat, 5 years ago or so and they are pretty much shot. I've repaired a broken seat spring twice on DW's side of the loveseat. I can't sit in them anymore without a cushion in my back for support as the stuffing is all packed out. Disgraceful really, but that is the way of the world making things disposable, but not with disposable price tags! DW says there will be no new furniture until after we move, so I'm forced to grin and bare it.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Good luck with your furniture shopping, STU. The new stuff sure doesn't hold up like the stuff from years ago did. We bought really expensive reclining sofa and loveseat, 5 years ago or so and they are pretty much shot. I've repaired a broken seat spring twice on DW's side of the loveseat. I can't sit in them anymore without a cushion in my back for support as the stuffing is all packed out. Disgraceful really, but that is the way of the world making things disposable, but not with disposable price tags! DW says there will be no new furniture until after we move, so I'm forced to grin and bare it.

Thanks man and I will admit it does not help any with me weighing 330 pounds.

Went to Home Depot earlier in the week after my physiotherapy appointment to pick up a new wicking filter for our humidifier. (With forced air heating it can get pretty darned dry in our house in the winter, so humidifying the bedroom air really helps.) When I walked into the store there was an employee stationed by the entrance as there always is to answer questions and direct the customers. That day there was a younger woman in a wheelchair manning the position. The folks that walked in ahead of me ignored her. I walked up to her and said how are you today before she could even speak. How can I help you she asked? I'm looking for a portable humidifier filter. Hmm, she ponders. That's a really good question. Next thing you know she's on her two way radio attempting to hale a co-worker for direction. I waited patiently while she got her information and observed that she had probably been in that chair her whole life judging by her compact build. She then blurted out; down the end on this aisle, turn right and you will find it in aisle 46. I thanked her for her help. Sure enough, it was right where she said it was and her directions were spot on. As I was heading to the cash I deliberately went back to where she was stationed and gave her the thumb's up as I walked by. She smiled back at me.

Over all the years that I've been going to that store, she was probably the most specifically helpful greeter that I've had dealings with. Just someone that has been dealt a bad hand trying to make the most of it and be useful while filling in her day and having interactions with the general public. Perhaps I've become more sensitive to these things, particularly in the past year with all that has gone on. I've never had much to do with handicapped folks. I didn't know any personally and I had no idea how to interact with them. I'm not proud of that, but that is the truth of the matter. Going forward, I hope to be able to do a better job of that, after all these folks have feelings and hopes and dreams and desires just like the rest of us. They deserve our best efforts. :yes:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

If everyone was like me, there would be no fast food or even restaurant industry. I almost never go to restaurants of any kind. I can't remember last time I ate a McDonalds hamburger or anything. Just no desire to eat that crap.

Well not nowadays. But I look back on the happy 80's when the normal McD order was 2 Royale with cheese, and additional hamburger, big fries, big sprite and a sundae afterwards, and nothing happened around the waistline. Those were the days...

That said, I had one of my biggest ego boosts in a long time this morning when I watched my upper body reflection in the bathroom mirror, my daughter strolled by saying "you're holding your breath"(in scandinavian). And I didn't. Knowing that my daughter never is polite to me in those situations -The best moment of my weight loss journey so far....

Wow, I tried to find some Scandinavian just to say Hi, or 'don't hold your breath', or just anything, I got nothing, must be very different to anyone else, very cool though from what I can see of it. :)

Thanks man and I will admit it does not help any with me weighing 330 pounds.

I've been told not to shop at the typical retail outlets for furniture. You need to go to suppliers that specialize in commercial/institutional furniture, the type that you find in hotels, office lobbies and the like. It's expensive, but it's built to last due to the wear and tear that it is typically subjected to. That was the advice I received from a cousin who used to be in the hotel business as an owner until recently.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Went to Home Depot earlier in the week after my physiotherapy appointment to pick up a new wicking filter for our humidifier. (With forced air heating it can get pretty darned dry in our house in the winter, so humidifying the bedroom air really helps.) When I walked into the store there was an employee stationed by the entrance as there always is to answer questions and direct the customers. That day there was a younger woman in a wheelchair manning the position. The folks that walked in ahead of me ignored her. I walked up to her and said how are you today before she could even speak. How can I help you she asked? I'm looking for a portable humidifier filter. Hmm, she ponders. That's a really good question. Next thing you know she's on her two way radio attempting to hale a co-worker for direction. I waited patiently while she got her information and observed that she had probably been in that chair her whole life judging by her compact build. She then blurted out; down the end on this aisle, turn right and you will find it in aisle 46. I thanked her for her help. Sure enough, it was right where she said it was and her directions were spot on. As I was heading to the cash I deliberately went back to where she was stationed and gave her the thumb's up as I walked by. She smiled back at me.

Over all the years that I've been going to that store, she was probably the most specifically helpful greeter that I've had dealings with. Just someone that has been dealt a bad hand trying to make the most of it and be useful while filling in her day and having interactions with the general public. Perhaps I've become more sensitive to these things, particularly in the past year with all that has gone on. I've never had much to do with handicapped folks. I didn't know any personally and I had no idea how to interact with them. I'm not proud of that, but that is the truth of the matter. Going forward, I hope to be able to do a better job of that, after all these folks have feelings and hopes and dreams and desires just like the rest of us. They deserve our best efforts. :yes:

We have a couple of guys at my Home Depot that are mentally challenged. That one guy has been there at least 10 years and works his butt off helping people load stuff in their vehicles. I know about 5 years or so ago when I put new floors in our house he helped me load about 10 sheets of 25/32 plywood and was glad to help. yep I tipped him $10. The other guy who is younger is good too. He helped me load some stuff and was concerned about scratching up my truck. I told him that there was nothing possible he could hurt on that truck. He grinned and said he liked old trucks like mine. I tipped him $5 just because he worked hard and LOL by God he liked my truck. The point that I am making here is both of those guys are challenged but polite and will work. Actually I would hire either one of them if I had a business for their work ethic. We have so many people that there ain't a damn thing wrong with them mentally or physically that are too lazy or sorry to work. Everytime that one kid sees me he asks if "Do you still have that old truck?" He saw me come out of the store one day and said " I knew you were here because I saw your truck" Every now and then they come to the yard and scrap stuff like shopping carts and metal shelving. That kid was with them one day and one of the yard guys said he got excited when he saw my truck and said " I know the guy who owns that truck" If it blows up I may give it to him to look at if his folks will let him. But yeah that kid is colorful and has a great personality.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)