Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I'm sitting here with Penny as I write. Walked her around the block a couple times, wow, it still seems cold to me outside. Took a ride to Walmart this morning. It seems all I buy is miscellaneous OTC medicines, Prilosec, Claritin, Advil, Excedrin, etc. Also bought a pack of tees, and spray car wax.

Saw on line, that Walgreens still sells the old fashion Clubman after shave, so I stopped to buy a bottle, $7.49 plus tax. Who would ever think a bottle of aftershave would cost $8?

Drove home, and saw my Dodge neighbor. He was out putzing with it. He's driving the Dodge to the Steeler game tonight. I shudder to think what tickets cost. Hope he got them free or on the cheap somehow. I have a $10 raffle ticket for a Steeler game in December. With my luck, I'll win the tickets, cause I could care less. Just like the HUGE Callaway bag I won a few years back. Gave it to a nephew. Got razzed for weeks about winning it, since I've carried Sunday bags for at least 15 years.

Keep warm, guys.

I'm sitting here with Penny as I write. Walked her around the block a couple times, wow, it still seems cold to me outside. Took a ride to Walmart this morning. It seems all I buy is miscellaneous OTC medicines, Prilosec, Claritin, Advil, Excedrin, etc. Also bought a pack of tees, and spray car wax.

Saw on line, that Walgreens still sells the old fashion Clubman after shave, so I stopped to buy a bottle, $7.49 plus tax. Who would ever think a bottle of aftershave would cost $8?

Drove home, and saw my Dodge neighbor. He was out putzing with it. He's driving the Dodge to the Steeler game tonight. I shudder to think what tickets cost. Hope he got them free or on the cheap somehow. I have a $10 raffle ticket for a Steeler game in December. With my luck, I'll win the tickets, cause I could care less. Just like the HUGE Callaway bag I won a few years back. Gave it to a nephew. Got razzed for weeks about winning it, since I've carried Sunday bags for at least 15 years.

Keep warm, guys.

Thats like me Wriggs..Won that darn Srixon driver,and it is a very nice driver...It just isn't for me..I have been hitting this R9 for too long.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Played two holes yesterday. The wind really makes 40 degree golf miserable. Just can't do it anymore. I've been more stiff and sore since the weather turned colder. Shoulders, elbows, knees, all ache.

Looking over some previous posts, the pro in the jogging pants is making a statement. We're in a slob society, and it's not going to get better. BUT, society has a lot more problems than how someone dresses. So, who cares.

Maybe, I'm wrong, but I believe people who dress like ladies and gentlemen are more apt to act like ladies and gentlemen.

For me, I'll wear my OCBD's and khakis, golf or otherwise. Add a navy blazer and tie at the appropriate time, and bury me.

Take care, guys.

We shop at a mall near the house, it’s not an up market area and some of the clothes people wear to go out makes you wonder on their brain power, we always dress neatly when out and around, does not take much effort. Agree society is still in a downward spiral, should turn round eventually.

There are some interesting videos on YouTube showing what folks who shop at Wal-mart have been known to wear. You have to wonder what enters their minds?

It's definitely a different society that we live in now. A by-product of the sixties as much as anything if I put my sociologists hat on as that is where the laize-faire attitude towards dress came in as a protest to the order of the existing military driven politics of the time. My father would never go out socially without a jacket and dress slacks on; tie for formal occasions that would acquiesce to a turtle-neck for more casual occasions.

Even I have committed fashion sins in the eyes of my parents by going to church with dark wash bluejeans on, a dress shirt and a casual hounds-tooth blazer. But, I'm not nearly as bad as some as it never ceases to amaze me what some folks will show up dressed in to formal nights on a cruise ship. I remember distinctly at the table next to us two years ago this guy rolls in, about 20 minutes late, with a polo and kakhis looking like he just got out of bed. The rest of the table were wearing formal gowns and tuxes! The rolling eyes were just unreal! I don't recall the fellow being back at that table the rest of the cruise... Someone probably got chewed out over that faux pas!

Don't want to offend you or anyone else but I ain't going anywhere I gotta wear a suit and tie or formal wear period. I do not own a suit and I do not own a tie come to think of it I do not own a sport coat or blazer either. I did not go to any proms in High School because you had to wear a tux. After I got out of the Navy the inner rebel came out in me worse. I vowed no one ever again would dictate what I wear or the length of my hair. Another reason I do not do funerals either besides the fact I can not handle them . I will go to the funeral home to show my respects but that is it. I did come out of my shell twice on funerals the last few years. When I was running sound at the Episcopal church I had family requests to run sound for two funerals so I set in the booth and did it. But I ran it in my normal get up shorts and a Polo Golf shirt and my Crocs. Like I said many times I am me take me as I am because I march to the beat of my own drum. I can remember one time we were invited to a fancy wedding RSVP and all that stuff. My wife declined the invitation for us. The host or the Mother of the bride called the wife. My wife told her flat out Stu does not do the formal wear thing and if he does not go I am not going. My wife also told her that she had been with me for 20 years (at the time) and I had always been the way I am.. Like I said I do not want to offend anyone period but I am me

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Stu, I'd be proud to golf or attend some function with you and the your missus. Anytime.

When I was a boy, my Mom dressed me in the most hideous clothing you could imagine. Wearing flannel shirts and corduroy pants to school, in the height of the Ivy look, made me a rebel like you. As soon as I made my own money, I fashioned myself as an Ivy League kind of guy. Somewhat like my avatar, Sonny Drysdale.

Like you, the world can take me the way I am. OCBD's and all.

Cheers, Guys.

Played two holes yesterday. The wind really makes 40 degree golf miserable. Just can't do it anymore. I've been more stiff and sore since the weather turned colder. Shoulders, elbows, knees, all ache.

Looking over some previous posts, the pro in the jogging pants is making a statement. We're in a slob society, and it's not going to get better. BUT, society has a lot more problems than how someone dresses. So, who cares.

Maybe, I'm wrong, but I believe people who dress like ladies and gentlemen are more apt to act like ladies and gentlemen.

For me, I'll wear my OCBD's and khakis, golf or otherwise. Add a navy blazer and tie at the appropriate time, and bury me.

Take care, guys.

We shop at a mall near the house, it’s not an up market area and some of the clothes people wear to go out makes you wonder on their brain power, we always dress neatly when out and around, does not take much effort. Agree society is still in a downward spiral, should turn round eventually.

There are some interesting videos on YouTube showing what folks who shop at Wal-mart have been known to wear. You have to wonder what enters their minds?

It's definitely a different society that we live in now. A by-product of the sixties as much as anything if I put my sociologists hat on as that is where the laize-faire attitude towards dress came in as a protest to the order of the existing military driven politics of the time. My father would never go out socially without a jacket and dress slacks on; tie for formal occasions that would acquiesce to a turtle-neck for more casual occasions.

Even I have committed fashion sins in the eyes of my parents by going to church with dark wash bluejeans on, a dress shirt and a casual hounds-tooth blazer. But, I'm not nearly as bad as some as it never ceases to amaze me what some folks will show up dressed in to formal nights on a cruise ship. I remember distinctly at the table next to us two years ago this guy rolls in, about 20 minutes late, with a polo and kakhis looking like he just got out of bed. The rest of the table were wearing formal gowns and tuxes! The rolling eyes were just unreal! I don't recall the fellow being back at that table the rest of the cruise... Someone probably got chewed out over that faux pas!

Don't want to offend you or anyone else but I ain't going anywhere I gotta wear a suit and tie or formal wear period. I do not own a suit and I do not own a tie come to think of it I do not own a sport coat or blazer either. I did not go to any proms in High School because you had to wear a tux. After I got out of the Navy the inner rebel came out in me worse. I vowed no one ever again would dictate what I wear or the length of my hair. Another reason I do not do funerals either besides the fact I can not handle them . I will go to the funeral home to show my respects but that is it. I did come out of my shell twice on funerals the last few years. When I was running sound at the Episcopal church I had family requests to run sound for two funerals so I set in the booth and did it. But I ran it in my normal get up shorts and a Polo Golf shirt and my Crocs. Like I said many times I am me take me as I am because I march to the beat of my own drum. I can remember one time we were invited to a fancy wedding RSVP and all that stuff. My wife declined the invitation for us. The host or the Mother of the bride called the wife. My wife told her flat out Stu does not do the formal wear thing and if he does not go I am not going. My wife also told her that she had been with me for 20 years (at the time) and I had always been the way I am.. Like I said I do not want to offend anyone period but I am me

Fabulous, if I die first, you can come to my funeral dressed in khakis and a polo, and sing 'pop goes the weasel' right thru an empty paper towel roll, and everyone would be perfectly fine with it, really... my brother would join you and my wife would love it :superman:

Take care, guys.

OGA Stu, always quote it. Anyway there is a difference between going out in non formal clothes and going out in clothes that smell as if they have not been washed in years, that is what happens in our local center. You can literally smell them as they walk past and it’s not pleasant. We always dress clean but also informal, there is a big difference. Having read your posts now for a few years I would think you fit in anywhere, some can do that. As Sixty posted you would be welcome at any time just dressing as Stu.

As an add on, the majority of our clothes are never ironed, a friend of ours years ago told us how they did it and apart from some of DWs clothes that will not straighten without it we just hang them up and it all drops out.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Take care, guys.

This country needs about 30 million more like you are. Be truthful....and if folks dont like it, it isn't your problem..its theirs. But be truthful. !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

In regards to clothes on a golf course, my home club is a public access club but you can be a paying member. About 4/5 years ago they employed a young pro in the shop and he used to wear the most outrageous clothes imaginable, required sun glasses to look at him. One a group of 8 turned up for a game, they had booked a meal for after the game, they were renting carts so all in all it was a fair chunk of cash to the club, which at that time was almost closing due to lack of members. One of the group was wearing a shirt he did not approve, he would let the other 7 play so they said all 8 or we go up the road to another club. After a while he made up his mind no the one could not play so they moved on. There were several members there when he did this and we were arguing with him but he said it was his decision and that was it, we apologised to them as they left. The offending shirt had no collar, we could not see any problem but he maintained it was against club dress rules. Now this is in a working class area where many players do not have the cash to buy clothes specifically for golf, but these idiots instead of making sure they were tidy and clean they stick to an outdated rule.

I know some of the more upmarket clubs have strict rules on attire, one club in Brisbane will not let anyone play if they are not wearing club socks which have to be purchased in the club shop, I don’t know how they aim to keep up membership with such strict rules.

My club has now backed off on the clothing rules, a while ago I forgot to take my shoes and only had sandles, they said no problem just take care on the hills, they make sure you personally take responsibility if you slip, which I cannot see as a problem.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Not 100% sure when it happened. Maybe it was in my early 20s.

Time was I tended to size a person up very quickly. As in within one or two looks at a person and I liked them - or not. So in other words I was very quick to judge in my youth. But there came along people I didn't initially care much for who turned out to be fantastic people. Similarly there were folks I'd cross paths with who I first thought were salt of the earth but turned out to be not such good souls.

To sum it up I make my mistakes in relating to other people to this day. But I'd like to at least think the shirt on a man's back isn't the best way to judge him. If he comes to a wedding or a funeral or whatever, he made the effort to be there and stand in support. Now if he walks in looking for a fight, it doesn't much matter if he's in a three-piece suit or a stained undershirt that hasn't seen the laundry in months.

Suppose I'm not saying anything you gents don't already know/think, right? Bring us your good spirit and the rest will take care of itself.

Is there an Gas Furnace expert in the house???

Started this year off with an $800 water bill and quotes for up to $2500 to fix it. Resolved that one (with lots of help here I might add) for $100 by doing it myself.

Well right on queue, the gas furnace blower motor is buzzing but not turning. Looks online like it's either a $5 capacitor doo-dad (ordered one) - and/or its the motor itself which could easily run into the hundreds.

Looking for advice as to swapping out the old motor for one that meets to specs in terms of volts, RPM, size, etc, but is far more affordable than an exact make/model number replacement. Don't want to go there if anyone here has words of wisdom.

Edit: Strange - I could buy a gas furnace for less than a grand. They charge six times that number to install it. I'm no spring chicken but isn't it a tie-in to existing duct work, and connect the power and gas lines???? That's worth an extra $5000???? Am I missing something here??

LMAO - There's a lot of golf that can be played with the bucks I'm NOT spending on pros. But then again there's some back-breaking effort that goes with that plan.

Oh and now that it's made it past midnight.... Happy Birthday to Mrs. Reason!

Still my girlfriend. Why she said "I do" is anyone's guess. Could have had her pick and chose me? Incredible.

In regards to clothes on a golf course, my home club is a public access club but you can be a paying member. About 4/5 years ago they employed a young pro in the shop and he used to wear the most outrageous clothes imaginable, required sun glasses to look at him. One a group of 8 turned up for a game, they had booked a meal for after the game, they were renting carts so all in all it was a fair chunk of cash to the club, which at that time was almost closing due to lack of members. One of the group was wearing a shirt he did not approve, he would let the other 7 play so they said all 8 or we go up the road to another club. After a while he made up his mind no the one could not play so they moved on. There were several members there when he did this and we were arguing with him but he said it was his decision and that was it, we apologised to them as they left. The offending shirt had no collar, we could not see any problem but he maintained it was against club dress rules. Now this is in a working class area where many players do not have the cash to buy clothes specifically for golf, but these idiots instead of making sure they were tidy and clean they stick to an outdated rule.

I know some of the more upmarket clubs have strict rules on attire, one club in Brisbane will not let anyone play if they are not wearing club socks which have to be purchased in the club shop, I don’t know how they aim to keep up membership with such strict rules.

My club has now backed off on the clothing rules, a while ago I forgot to take my shoes and only had sandles, they said no problem just take care on the hills, they make sure you personally take responsibility if you slip, which I cannot see as a problem.

Nice to hear about the traditions in other countries. Back here, there is really not strict rules anywhere, apart from the obvious, that you do not play in jeans, gym shorts, sloppy T-shirts and wear golf shoes if you are at a premium club. But it's more strict here now than it was back in the old millena. Normal golf attire for us youngsters was a sweater, training trousers with the Bola socks loosely pulled up at the bottom(Jane Fondaish) and Adidas Superstar sneakers. There are even pictures of Annika playing in jeans. Those were the days... or not.

Happy birthday to Mrs Reason!

Happy birthday Dude-ette Reasonability! And here's wishes for many many more! I'm sure it was a gamble well worth it in choosing you hahahahha.

So back to the future of your furnace, is it a flux capacitor? I know we had a new furnace put in a few years ago, like you said, the furnace itself was $39.00, installation $4900.12, and they used the existing duct work.

By the way, our water bill (not water message just to billh) is a cool $41.00 per month, so I don't understand what you mean by $800 water bill. Did the monthly bill slip through the cracks for 2 years or do you guys just take a lot of showers and leave the lawn sprinklers on 24/7/365? :fishing1: <----- Reason in front yard before bill arrives

Good news for my laptop, I took it to work yesterday, and a great guy (scratch golfer) in our IT dept. did his magic and got it back and running again. It was in the last phases of recovery as I left work, so I will get to take it home today as they wheel it out in the typical wheel chair in front of the hospital I take it home from work, and try it out tonite.I can't for the life of me remember my WRX password, so that should be interesting as I have it on automatic so to speak on this computer. :clapping:

Speaking of WRX passwords; I know what mine is, but cannot get it to work when attempting to login on my cellphone. That's a real mystery to me because it seems to work just fine on DW's iPad. Needless to say, I don't check in often when we're travelling due to the login issues. Note to self: I should probably do a bit of looking into this before we leave for the west in 3 weeks.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Reasy. Best Wishes!

As far as furnaces go, I've only had experience with Lennox, 1970 and 2002 models, of which the 2002 is still operational. I repaired and maintained the 1970 model easily. Usually, if the pilot wouldn't stay lit, it was a thermocouple, a cheap and easy fix. The motor was a $20 model (back then) which could be bought at a hardware store. As with cars, no fancy electronics to deal with.

The space age 2000's are the exact opposite. My neighbor works as a mechanic for the local Lennox dealer. No aftermarket parts for Lennox today. He (Penny's Dad) has repaired it several times for cost of parts. A blower motor, motherboard, and other things for the cost of parts, still ranging in hundreds of dollars, because of the exclusive parts, just like exotic cars. The motherboard, if I remember correctly, wholesale cost around $300. With labor, over $1K at full retail.

Good luck on your motor problem.

PS: Filters for the 1970 was less than a buck. The modern filter is $30, available at Lowes.

Progress.

Take care, guys.

Fabulous, if I die first, you can come to my funeral dressed in khakis and a polo, and sing 'pop goes the weasel' right thru an empty paper towel roll, and everyone would be perfectly fine with it, really... my brother would join you and my wife would love it :superman:

I'd love to see Stu, or anyone else, in a polo and khaki's, singing "pop goes the weasel" through a cardboard tube, while I relax in my knotty pine bachelor pad, wearing my OCBD, tie, and Masters green blazer. (Don't forget the argyle socks, and maybe banana yellow pants.)

It'll be my day to lay back and enjoy.

I'd love to see Stu, or anyone else, in a polo and khaki's, singing "pop goes the weasel" through a cardboard tube, while I relax in my knotty pine bachelor pad, wearing my OCBD, tie, and Masters green blazer. (Don't forget the argyle socks, and maybe banana yellow pants.)

It'll be my day to lay back and enjoy.

You paint a vivid picture my friend! :pimp:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I have been remiss in not adding my birthday wishes to Mrs. Reasy, so a top of the day to her!

-------------------------------

I purchased a new furnace about 4 years ago. It is a Trane from a (very) local contractor. The whole deal was ~$6500 which involved some new tin work to hook into the existing ductwork as well as a new 2 1/2 ton central air conditioning unit. I figure I got a good deal and would not attempt this myself as I lack the specialty tools and skills. it was about a two or three day job that was completed before the heating season.

The previous furnace was a Lennox. I would have to routinely replace the thermocouple which I did on my own after I saw the repairman do it once. I also had to replace the blower motor at one point and that was performed by my son's hockey coach who was a millright at the local steel mill and did furnaces in his spare time. I don't remember what I paid for that repair maybe $300 cash. The Lennox was a 1978 model that was convertible. It started out as an oil burner and was later switched to gas when the gas line went in.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Speaking of WRX passwords; I know what mine is, but cannot get it to work when attempting to login on my cellphone. That's a real mystery to me because it seems to work just fine on DW's iPad. Needless to say, I don't check in often when we're travelling due to the login issues. Note to self: I should probably do a bit of looking into this before we leave for the west in 3 weeks.

Absolutely crazy to me that you would say that. I have been trying for 15 minutes to try and remember my WRX password. It won't even take my email address, this is on my laptop that the IT guy at work has gotten back to running wonderfully here at work today. So in setting back up here, I have put works back on it of course. I have put WRX on it, but it will not let me back on with an old username and my email, the only username and password I had saved from my previous screename which is close to the one I have now... not sure what to do cause it won't accept my email address either.....

Absolutely crazy to me that you would say that. I have been trying for 15 minutes to try and remember my WRX password. It won't even take my email address, this is on my laptop that the IT guy at work has gotten back to running wonderfully here at work today. So in setting back up here, I have put works back on it of course. I have put WRX on it, but it will not let me back on with an old username and my email, the only username and password I had saved from my previous screename which is close to the one I have now... not sure what to do cause it won't accept my email address either.....

Well at least you're back on! I was poking around this morning looking to get a hold of an administrator to ask for help and couldn't even figure out how to do that. No matter what I try I cannot get logged in with my phone, but I can login/logout at will with the desktop. In fact, I just logged in with my wife's iPad while already being logged in on this machine! Went back to the phone and no dice! :dntknw:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Okay, that was weird... When I edited the above message I got froze out somehow and yet now I see that the edit was made. Ghosts in the machine... :scare2:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Thanks for all the kind words and accepting me for what I am. As far as Sixty's pop goes the weasel through a paper tube. I could care less if someone farts it through a paper tube at my funeral. Yes I would be honored to play golf or eat with any of you at any time. Old School Rocker (Randy) from the classics forum came up a couple of months ago. We did not play golf but we piddled in the shop for a while and then we along with my wife went up to a local pancake house to eat. The owner is a friend of mine who was one of my latter mini tour sponsors. Everyone up there knows my wife and I. We had a heck of a time there. Randy pinned a new moniker on me as the Mayor of the Garden City Pancake House. Places like that I act exactly like I do on here.

Now as far as gas stoves I do not know crap about them but it does remind me of a joke:

This fellow was on a airplane one time and something happened to the plane and the pilot jumped out. this guy put on a parachute and jumped out too. He realized on the way down he did not know crap about working a parachute. On his way down he met a guy coming up frazzled and smoking. He asked the guy hey buddy do you know anything about a parachute? The guy replied sorry no but do you know anything about a gas furnace? :taunt: :swoon:

Two things I do not mess with is house electricity and gas. My old electric furnace here a buddy of mine is in the business and does the work on it. Last year when the weather got so cold here 2 of the coils on the coil bank went out ( there are 4) and he was in the hospital. But we did run it on the 2 coils and the wood stove. I now have extra coil packs and can change them if need be. He has it set up for me so I can plug and unplug and the motor capacitor is set up the same way and I have a new one of those as well. The blower motor is new he put it in last fall so I think we are good to go. But I always have the wood stove and I have plenty of firewood. Now car and truck electrical I can do and have no problems with. But 110 and 220 frankly I am scared of

Wriggs I can remember a long time ago you posted pics of yourself on here or maybe the other thread. You reminded me of like a cultured guy sorta in the mode of a retired college professor of the Ivy League type

Time was I tended to size a person up very quickly. As in within one or two looks at a person and I liked them - or not. So in other words I was very quick to judge in my youth. But there came along people I didn't initially care much for who turned out to be fantastic people. Similarly there were folks I'd cross paths with who I first thought were salt of the earth but turned out to be not such good souls.

To sum it up I make my mistakes in relating to other people to this day. But I'd like to at least think the shirt on a man's back isn't the best way to judge him. If he comes to a wedding or a funeral or whatever, he made the effort to be there and stand in support. Now if he walks in looking for a fight, it doesn't much matter if he's in a three-piece suit or a stained undershirt that hasn't seen the laundry in months.

Suppose I'm not saying anything you gents don't already know/think, right? Bring us your good spirit and the rest will take care of itself.

I used to be quick to judge a person myself but found out many times I was wrong. Basically I think and let time tell. I can remember back when I was racing someone would say something about another driver. Most of the time I would say "well I have never had any problems on the track or off the track with him and he has always treated my wife and I well" Actually I got along well with everyone. The whole time I raced I had trouble one time with one guy. This kid was a go cart champion and full of himself. He went straight to the Modified division and had an attitude. One night he jacked me up in the rear going into the first turn jacked me right into a friend of mine. That friend asked after the heat race "what in the hell I was doing?" I explained to him what went on and several folks told him the same thing. He came back over to my pit area a few minutes later and said "you and I need to go over to his pit and have a come to Jesus meeting with him" We did and this punk smirked. What made it tricky for me was his car owner was a good friend of mine who was also a trucker. I told him "Jonsey you better have a talk with your driver" He has one more time to jack me and I can not say what anyone else will do but you know darn well what I will do. I had a reputation as a clean driver and took pride in that but one did not push me. Sure enough this punk jacked me in the main after I made a clean pass on him and poked me the bird too! He never spun me though. Now remember I have raced long enough that I know every dirty trick in the book. I could make Earnhardt Sr and Jimmy Spencer look like choir boys. I waited 2 laps and caught him in the first turn. It is really muddy on the inside in those turns. I went to the top side of him and jacked him in the right front backed off got him in the mud and floored it straight into the passenger side door. I rolled him over 3 times never backed off. My cars were tough and I finished the race. I know his wife was raising holy crap at the officials trying to get them to black flag me. They told her NO! he had it coming and he had been warned. He would not confront me after the race but his wife tried to. The Deputy Sheriffs warned her to back off. I told her I ain't hitting a lady but send his punk butt up here. Never saw him but she ended up getting locked up. I figured I would have to fight Jonsey but he said nothing. I went over to apologize and he said "well he had it coming" Did not hurt Jonsey"s car that bad just body damage.I told him bring it to the shop next week and I will hang a new body on it. Which I basically did but I had a lot of volunteer help. Ended up finishing up the season in that car ran 4th in the nationals that year with his car. Ended up a couple of years later helping that kid out after he apologized and asked for my help. Seems like he was running his own car at another track and was leading the points and totaled his car with 3 races left. Of course I lent him one of my hot little Plymouths to finish out the season in. Actually he ran that car for me in the Nationals that year and finished a respectable 8th. But his wife never liked me even when I was helping him. He learned his lesson. When he first approached me on the car thing he was scared but he did say several folks told him I did not hold grudges which is true. He did phone me first and I told him come over to the shop and have a beer that is if you are old enough to have one. I told him that was entirely true what folks told him I do not hold grudges and after I pushed him in the mud it was over for me then and there unless another incident happened. Found out down the road when he had divorced the little diva he was married to was she never liked me because she felt I took his ride especially when I finished 4th in the Nationals that year. But he learned his lesson Don't Screw With the Stu Man. Besides Jonsey fired him that night. Jonsey me later on that week that he warned him of who he was screwing with and he smirked. He told me when he jacked me after the pass he told his wife "oh s**t it is on now!"----

Back in the UK I always did all my own work, books from the library if Iwas not sure what I was doing. When we converted our first house, the cottage in Cornwall I installed my own radiator central heating, rewired the whole house and built and installed a new fireplace from Cornish granite we dug up from the garden, the only stipulation from a legal standpoint was a qualified person had to inspect and test it before it was used. The rule with electricity is don’t touch untill it is disconnected, my uncle would fix stuff when the power was on.

Here in Australia it’s illegal to touch electricity without a license and that is only obtained after a certified course in college, in some states it’s technically illegal to change a light bulb. Most trades over here are protected from us home repairers.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Some people are easy to size up. Because they make it abundantly clear, with no hesitation, that they are about nobody but themselves. They don't care if you know it and I guess that's better than someone who puts on an act. I don't judge since I don't know the circumstances.

As far as others....

I pride myself on the Gatsby principle:

“He smiled understandingly-much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced--or seemed to face--the whole eternal world for an instant, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey.”

When I meet someone, I want them to feel good. And if I can share a vibe or words that leave them confident and happy, that makes me happy.

I used to be quick to judge a person myself but found out many times I was wrong. Basically I think and let time tell. I can remember back when I was racing someone would say something about another driver. Most of the time I would say "well I have never had any problems on the track or off the track with him and he has always treated my wife and I well" Actually I got along well with everyone. The whole time I raced I had trouble one time with one guy. This kid was a go cart champion and full of himself. He went straight to the Modified division and had an attitude. One night he jacked me up in the rear going into the first turn jacked me right into a friend of mine. That friend asked after the heat race "what in the hell I was doing?" I explained to him what went on and several folks told him the same thing. He came back over to my pit area a few minutes later and said "you and I need to go over to his pit and have a come to Jesus meeting with him" We did and this punk smirked. What made it tricky for me was his car owner was a good friend of mine who was also a trucker. I told him "Jonsey you better have a talk with your driver" He has one more time to jack me and I can not say what anyone else will do but you know darn well what I will do. I had a reputation as a clean driver and took pride in that but one did not push me. Sure enough this punk jacked me in the main after I made a clean pass on him and poked me the bird too! He never spun me though. Now remember I have raced long enough that I know every dirty trick in the book. I could make Earnhardt Sr and Jimmy Spencer look like choir boys. I waited 2 laps and caught him in the first turn. It is really muddy on the inside in those turns. I went to the top side of him and jacked him in the right front backed off got him in the mud and floored it straight into the passenger side door. I rolled him over 3 times never backed off. My cars were tough and I finished the race. I know his wife was raising holy crap at the officials trying to get them to black flag me. They told her NO! he had it coming and he had been warned. He would not confront me after the race but his wife tried to. The Deputy Sheriffs warned her to back off. I told her I ain't hitting a lady but send his punk butt up here. Never saw him but she ended up getting locked up. I figured I would have to fight Jonsey but he said nothing. I went over to apologize and he said "well he had it coming" Did not hurt Jonsey"s car that bad just body damage.I told him bring it to the shop next week and I will hang a new body on it. Which I basically did but I had a lot of volunteer help. Ended up finishing up the season in that car ran 4th in the nationals that year with his car. Ended up a couple of years later helping that kid out after he apologized and asked for my help. Seems like he was running his own car at another track and was leading the points and totaled his car with 3 races left. Of course I lent him one of my hot little Plymouths to finish out the season in. Actually he ran that car for me in the Nationals that year and finished a respectable 8th. But his wife never liked me even when I was helping him. He learned his lesson. When he first approached me on the car thing he was scared but he did say several folks told him I did not hold grudges which is true. He did phone me first and I told him come over to the shop and have a beer that is if you are old enough to have one. I told him that was entirely true what folks told him I do not hold grudges and after I pushed him in the mud it was over for me then and there unless another incident happened. Found out down the road when he had divorced the little diva he was married to was she never liked me because she felt I took his ride especially when I finished 4th in the Nationals that year. But he learned his lesson Don't Screw With the Stu Man. Besides Jonsey fired him that night. Jonsey me later on that week that he warned him of who he was screwing with and he smirked. He told me when he jacked me after the pass he told his wife "oh s**t it is on now!"----

Well one good thing when he was younger, he had the good sense to know when he Peed you off he was in trouble.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)